Home Box Office [HBO] Logo

Home Box Office [HBO]

Having problems with Home Box Office [HBO]?

Home Box Office [HBO] reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Feb 12, 2009. The latest review Fact of heaven and hell. was posted on Apr 18, 2021. The latest complaint concert for valor was resolved on Nov 11, 2014. Home Box Office [HBO] has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 111 reviews. Home Box Office [HBO] has resolved 11 complaints.

Home Box Office [HBO] Customer Service Contacts

Thu10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Fri10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Home Box Office [HBO] Customer Service. Initial Home Box Office [HBO] complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Home Box Office [HBO] above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Home Box Office [HBO]. Discuss the issues you have had with Home Box Office [HBO] and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Home Box Office [HBO] Complaints & Reviews

Home Box Office [HBO]westworld season 2.

Dear HBO Complaints Team,

I write to complain about the foul language in your HBO series "Westworld - Season 2".

I am a Christian and enjoyed the Westworld film, plus enjoyed your Westworld Season 1 even though the odd piece of foul language did disturb me.

In Season 2, I have today watched the 2nd episode and the foul language has now reached a point where I am not going to watch or promote this program anymore.

It's such a shame as the quality and content is great, but the foul language is totally un-necessary. You can portray anger and stress without the need to use nasty foul language.

I see in the comments details window at the side of this page that you ask writers not to use abusive language...yet you use it in this program? Why?

You don't need to reply to this as you cannot re-do Season 2 without the foul language, but if you do reply and agree to remove the foul language in Season 3, then I would be happy to watch that.

Regards,

Steve Messer.

Home Box Office [HBO]here and now

I am deeply disappointed that Here and Now has been cancelled by HBO. It was the best program I've seen for ages and I could not wait for the next season. Really upset by this decision and I think it's one HBO will regret. Such a great cast, interesting concept and people talking about things that matter for once! I understand that some people may not understand what it's trying to say but that doesn't mean that those who do should be deprived of quality entertainment. Unhappy customer.

Home Box Office [HBO]show cancellation

I realize that not all that many people watched the show but it has only been out for two and half months!!! Here and Now never even got a chance when horrible shows half as well written were renewed. I've actually thought of cancelling my HBO Now subscription due to this. I'm dumbfounded and not a happy customer at all. Please do something about this as I really don't want to cancel but this show was one of the best I've seen anywhere in a while and I was a huge fan of Six Feet Under.

• Ca
          Caitlinbev97 Apr 28, 2018

I absolutely agree. Actually angry that this show has been cancelled. I thought it was a fantastic show and I was so excited for season 2. Very disappointed.

Home Box Office [HBO]hbo now

I have recently subscribed to HBO Now only to learn that it is one of the few remaining video streaming services that has not switched to support HTML5 DRM. Without HTML5, I cannot use this service, and feel like I have wasted my money and time on a garbage product. Nowhere in the advertising was the supported technology listed, though several places the statement supports "the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, or Safari" was used, and is apparently a lie, because the player never loads, it just times out after several seconds and will not play video in the current version of Chrome, or Firefox. This would have been a valuable thing to know, and would have helped me to determine that this was not the product for me.

Please either support HTML5, or clearly state that you don't and stop this misleading advertising.

Home Box Office [HBO]play. hbonow.com unable to play videos in chrome

I am trying to access the videos in the above mentioned site. I can play all the videos in any video site - netflix, youtube etc, . and every other video urls. I am unable to play those videos. I have installed all the flash player plugins necessary. None of them seem to work. It is a problem with your video. I have tried it in all browsers (my operating system is UBUNTU - LINUX OS 16.04LTS).
          I have tried it in Firefox, safari, chrome, chromium. I assume it is the problem with your website that is unable to load these video plugins. Please take care of this ASAP. It is a very critical issue.

play. hbonow.com unable to play videos in chrome

Home Box Office [HBO]hbo boxing

I have always enjoyed boxing on HBO but find it hard to watch now. It seems like Max Kellerman try's to show how smart he is. Shut the ... up and call the fight! People are interested in the fight they tune in to watch not to hear your opinion. I don't want to hear "they should stop the fight"! That's the refs job.

Get off Choclittitos [censor] too. When he fights, it's like a contest to see how many times you can say Choclittito. Shut up and call the fight!

• Ol
                Old dirty rag Jul 21, 2018

Once again I tune in to HBO boxing and here Max Keller an whining and crying about stopping the fight in the third round. Shut up and call the fight. Roy Jones did a great job putting you in your place and explaining to you it is boxing! If you can’t handle boxing maybe you should quit and try to announcer for dancing with the stars or something. Shut up and call the fight!

Home Box Office [HBO]hbo channel

I was watching conjuring movie today which started at 10:56 according to ist. All the horror scene has been deleted or skip why?? If u delete the horror scene from a horror movie conjuring then why am watching your channel or movie instead of that I could easily watch any hindi serial drama movie but don't want to. So kindly requesting you to please don't skip the horror scene from the movie we want to watch.

Home Box Office [HBO]a cartoon

I saw a cartoon that was on hbo family at 9:30am on a thursday... And it was very disturbing to watch two black kids were being harassed by a gang of grown white men calling them n[censor], after beating up the black boy they painted the little black girl's face white this was very disturbing and humiliating to watch please remove this cartoon from hbo family station.

Home Box Office [HBO] — a racist children's cartoon show that aired at 9am.

I watched a fraction of a racial cartoon that aired on your HBO family network on face book and I'm very...

Home Box Office [HBO]a show that supposedly aired at 9am

I was sent clip of a show that supposedly aired at 9am. I don't know what day. It was on HBO Family. There were 2 black youths boy and girl being bullied by a white gang. The gang used racial slurs, beat the 2 kids up, and spray painted the girls face with white spray paint.
                  What was this shows intent? Is there more to it? Why would this be shown during time when young children could see ?
                  This is very alarming!
                  I tried to copy the clip. But unable to do so.

Home Box Office [HBO] — real time with bill maher

I have faithfully watched the bill maher real time show every week for the past 10 years. I subscribe to hbo...

Home Box Office [HBO]movie description of “almost christmas”

When you look at the movie description of Almost Christmas it states, "In this heartwarming comedy-drama, an African-American widower asks his family to join him for their first Christmas since his wife died." I find this description to be incredibly racist. Any other show or movie would not make the distinction that a character is African American. I don't see why that matters or why you feel the need to include that in the description. Please revise your description promptly.

Home Box Office [HBO]hbo’s lack of respect to its greatest show g. o. t

I, like many others, will cancel my subscription as soon as game of thrones is done!
                      I do not know the problems with production, writing, or actors. But I know one thing,
                      Game of thrones was one of the best series with the biggest fan base, why would the producers or corporate managers give up and essentially ruin HBO's most popular series to date.
                      As the story finally comes to a head resolving long awaited storylines is a slap in the face to fans. Perhaps the focus groups messed it up.
                      The first few seasons I feel like there was too much information on small side storylines. I could understand earlier seasons being cut down to 6 or 7 episodes but NOT the season finally where everything in the show has been antisipated .
                      With the wealth of story from the books it's hard to imagine why finally we reach the peak of the story they cut 3 and 4 episodes. It's just lazy, I'm sure the production cost was a problem but the money could have been used on GOT instead of trying new series that just flopped like vinal etc.
                      I've never seen so many fans enraged and dissapionted over a tv show it's astounding, or part of their plan who knows.
                      They are moving way too fast on the important storylines and too slow on side quests.
                      This show made history and the final 2 seasons aren't even 10 episodes!
                      I want an explanation as to why HBO can't be bothered to end such a historic tv show with lazy and rushed episodes. Many would be satisfied to have the show end with 10 episodes but it's somehow too much to ask. I know many people online who pay for HBO just for game of thrones, that's how iconic and good it was, I'm sure at least 30% or more will cancel their subscription after GOT ends, unless they just love mediocre comedy's and what good but canceled dramas to make room for new shows with mostly bad directors and story like " I'm dying up here" for example, god forbid HBO sticks to shows like GOT which are groundbreaking, or at the very least GIVE G.O.T A PROPER SEND OFF with the respect it deserves!
                      Only 6 episodes to say farewell to game of thrones is just insulting! Almost to the point of giving up on HBO all together. Who ever made the call to cut 4 hours at the series finale and much anticipated story peak of GOT should be fired and flayed living!
                      I'm begging whoever is in charge to just go the extra mile and give the last of GOT a full 10 episodes or you will have desecrated the series. 4 hours is not that much of a request for the show or the fans. Unless you want to use your resources on another mindless flop!

• Updated by Angry&confused · Dec 02, 2017

It’s like watching the lord of the rings and stopping half way through the film. Why can’t the deep pockets of HBO just give game of thrones a worthy 10 episode farewell? Who made this rediculas decision?!?!

Home Box Office [HBO] — bill maher

I am sick and tired of this guy and his liberal fake views. Makes HBO look stupid. I am military and from a...

Home Box Office [HBO]hbo now (customer service)

Jessica Gomez
                        September 17th, 2017
                        I have had the worst experience with this company!!! Which surprised me because I had HBO under my cable provider and never an issue. Customer satisfaction is a priority ! I had an issue and emailed hbo received a generic "someone is working on your ticket" I call HBO to expedite it and spoke with a live rep who was rude and refused to help and advised me that someone was working on my "ticket" two weeks later all I have is numerous emails that state "working on it " I've requested supivisor to call me and still send a email "what's your contact number " umm I should of stated "on my ticket" so disappointed !!!' All I know is I hope none of you ever have an issue because I will get the run around!!!

Home Box Office [HBO]game of thrones

The show should not be on TV where it can be watched by children and teenagers. There is way too much SEX, nudity, and violence. It's no wonder our children are killing each other and others with guns and knives. What a sick show, I can't watch it, it's to vulgar. Clean it up please. Not for me, because I wouldn't watch it even if you paid me to. But for all the children out there who are watching it. CLEAN IT UP PLEASE. What are you trying to gain by exploiting your actresses. These [censor] should know better than to let you make [censor] of them for your own gain and hate of women. You should all be punished for making such a disgusting show, and the network should be sued for allowing it to air. It's your fault that society is so screwed up. And all the gay and lesbian crap. Really? We hate it, enough is enough. It's time to clean up the smut. I certainly will NOT be renewing my TV nor netflix subscription if you don't take all the smut and crap out of the programming. I don't want to watch SEX scenes, gore, gay and/or lesbian SEX or necking, nor excessive violence. I want to be entertained when I watch TV not horrified, disgusted and make to feel like I'm going to vomit. I want programming that's clean, enjoyable, pleasant yet real. I don't mind reality and hard knox programs but I don't need all the gory details and I don't need explicate scenes. Have you people become so demented that you've gotten so low into your darkness that you can't even see the light. Your lives must be extremely depressing. Wake up and get a life, get out of the gutter and give us some enjoyable pleasant and uplifting programming that makes us happy, sad, compassionate, loving, thankful etc... Then you'll have accomplished something.

Angry&confused Dec 02, 2017

People like you are why the brilliant game of thrones was cut short and the finale is only 6 episodes. I respect your obscenity opinions but it’s HBO for god sake not fox tv. Shame!

Home Box Office [HBO]censorship

Watching a movie on HBO India I'd becoming pathetic day by day thanks to too much self censorship. Do you really consider Indians to be that dumb and sensitive that you cut scenes. Plenty of scenes have been cut in the second half of The Dark Knight. What is your problem in showing Harvey Dent's half burnt face? Coming to Hangover, let alone the "taboo" scenes, you even chopped off harmless dialogues and an entire scene where Stu meets the stripper.
                            Too much of self censorship will only result on loss of viewership and people will resort to piracy. It's 21st century! Grow up!

Home Box Office [HBO]horror movies

Was watching The Conjuring 2 on TV today. And was wondering why exactly did you guys show it. If you are censoring the horror scenes in the horror movies, why exactly are you showing it. If people watching horror movies on tv are so gentle and fragile to watch it, they have got the option of CHANGING the channel. Please do not show these kinds of movies on tv after censoring the major scenes in it. You guys are just ridiculing that movie and the viewers .

Home Box Office [HBO]game of thrones

Seriously, Hbo, (and I'm referring to the organisation as a whole in the hope of reaching the people who decide on these matters) the new Night King in Game of Thrones is FUGLY. What really is annoying to viewers is that you had a wonderful and talented actor, namely Richard Brake, and you had to ditch him and replace him with one who doesn't nearly look as good and isn't even HALF as eerie, mysterious, and fascinatingly terrifying as him. This is absolute nonsense. It's a shame for your viewers who have always loved your quality content and spent lots and lots of money on merch and subscriptions, it's a shame for the art form and, visually, it's just a CRIME to choose someone as ugly and underwhelming as the new Night King, Vlad Furdik. I have nothing against him personally but his portrayal of the Night King is a JOKE. The future generations will laugh at you, Hbo. I really hope you can fix this before the show ends. Give it an ending worthy of its name, Hbo, please.
                                Me and millions of other viewers and fans want Richard Brake back as the Night King.

Francesco Battisti

Home Box Office [HBO] — liberal bias

Lately you have rerun movies of actors who have made noxious political comments. I and many know your...