Hannoush JewelersAwful everything

Several years ago, my wife bought me an expensive Rado watch from Hanoush Jewelers at the Natick Mall as an anniversary present. I love the watch and wear it all the time. At the beginning of February I went in to the store to order a replace leather watchstrap. This took three weeks to come in.

When I went to pick it up, the store manager tried to replace the strap, but was unable to and said that he would have to send it to the watch repair company to have the strap changed. He said that this would take 1-2 weeks.

Two weeks later, when I called to find out where my watch was, I was told that a part was needed and this part had been ordered from Rado and that they would notify me when the part came in.

After repeated complaints to find out where my watch was, I was promised that the part had been shipped to the repair center, and that I could pick up my watch yesterday. When I went to pick up my watch, the store manager apologetically told me that the part had not been shipped to the repair center, and that Rado was now showing the part on backorder with no expected ship date, and that they had no idea when the watch would be repaired.

At this stage, I know I am being given the runaround, but and not sure if I am being given the runaround by the jeweler or by Rado. The only thing that I know is that it should not take over three months and counting with no end date in sight to have a watch strap replaced.

I fully realize that this issue is not of “major importance”, but the watch has a lot of sentimental value to me and I would like to be able to wear it again. Any assistance that you can provide will be much appreciated.

• Sh
    Shannon Rizzotto Apr 07, 2016

I brought an old chain into Hannoush in Plattsburgh, NY to sell. It was good but uncertain of the type because the karat stamp was worn down. I was helped by a young woman who told me she would test the chain but thought from looking at it that it was 10kt. I told her that was fine but if we could still test it that would be good. Another woman came over and took the chain to do the scratch test and made two lines and used 10k and 14k acid. As I watched her do the test she tried to conceal what she was doing and told me the chain tested good for 10k and the acid had eaten through the 14k. It did not as I watched the test. She then offered me $33 stating the chain was a little over 2 grams in weight. I did not see her weigh it. Then she told me the store had no money and she would have to write a check. I declined because the whole situation seemed shady to me. I took the chain to another shop where not only did it test at 14k as I suspected but, it also weighed 5.06 grams.

I was paid the proper amount and completed the transaction. Because of this incident of dishonesty with Hannoush I will never go there again and will make sure everyone I know is advised of their malicious and dishonest practices.

Jonathan1965 Oct 07, 2014

I went to Hannoush Jewelers for my wife's engagement ring. I purchased a very expensive diamond ring. And the owner Albert Hannoush switched the diamond out in my wife's ring after I bought it and put a less expensive diamond in it. He didn't realize that I have been a Jeweler gemologist for over 20 years and inspected the diamond before I bought it. When I confronted him he got very angry but never denied what I know he did. I would never recommend them to anyone!!!