Gurkhas Travelunrelaible service and fraud, rip-off

R Review updated:

This travel company cheating Indian hardworking students. They charges more compare to others and after paying money does not give any reply. Don't reply your problem or quiry. If you force start abusing. That's same for Indian in Australia making money from students. My advice is never book ticket from this agent even if they provide free ticket. they charge 500 to 600 for date change and nevergive back refund once you cancel ticket.

More Gurkhas Travel Complaints & Reviews

• Gu
    gurminder120 Nov 08, 2009

i bought a ticket from gurkhas travel, cause of some reason i had to postpone my departure, when i asked gurkhas travel to change my departure date they told me that's gonna cost me $490, it was cathy pacific ticket, i checked with airline they said airline do not charge any fee for date change but you have to go via your agent, gurkhas travel charged me $490 just to change the date, while other agents charge very little or no fee in case of cathy tickets, so be careful when buying tickets from them, later if u have to do any changes to your ticket or refund ur ticket they will charge u heaps...

• As
    ASHISH6859892 Nov 18, 2009

GURKHAS TRAVEL AGENCY is a scam.

FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD FRUAD
    JUST TO LET YOU KNOW THAT WWW.GURKHASTRAVELS.COM.AU IS FRUAD COMPANY.
    DO NOT USE,
    DO NOT USE.
    THIS WEBSITE. www.discountedflights.com.au and http://www.gurkhastravels.indiatravel.me/

STUDENT TRAVEL IS ALSO PART OF GURKHAS TRAVEL. PLEASE DO NOT BOOK FROM THEM, EVEN THEY OFFER YOU FREE TICKETS.
    I HAD BAD EXPERIENCE BY BOOKING TICKETS FROM THEIR CITY BRANCH WHICH THEY OPENED UNDER NAME OF STUDENT TRAVEL. THEY CHARGE ME $ 700 IN DATE CHANGE, I AM STUDENT AND EVERYONE KNOW HOW LIFE IS HARD FOR STUDENT IN AUSTRALIA. NOW I UNDERSTAND WHY GURKHAS TRAVEL NAME IT TO STUDENT TRAVEL BECAUSE TO CHEAT STUDENT BECAUSE THEY ARE EASY TARGENT

DO NOT BOOK FROM THEM EVEN THEY OFFER FREE TICKETS TO YOU.
    THEY SAY WE ARE THE BEST, WE ARE THE CHEAPEST, THEY ARE BEST IN CHEATING PEOPLE.

vicky005 Dec 01, 2009

they provide worst service. never go to them

vikas93 Jan 26, 2010

I have booked tickets from them for the last 8 years and have found them to be very reliable and definitely the cheapest, Moreove they are the only IATA Indian travel agent in Melbourne. i would not trust a Non Iata Agent.

• Un
    Unsatisfied customer_ May 26, 2013

One of worst customer service to have come across. We booked our tickets through them, each time we had to get in contact with them we had to call atleast 3-4 times, this is after them telling that they will call us back and not on one single occasion we had call back. As mentioned earlier they charge a lot to change/cancel a booking - almost 1/3 of the ticket value. Would avoid them if possible.

• Pa
    pallavi2 May 29, 2013

they are not registered with AFTA . but their website says they are. which is misleading . also @unsatisfied customer_ is very correct. same happened to me, i am paying now one third of total charges to rebook. no one can resolve this. and if gurkha travels was actually registered with AFTA they could have helped.

• Mj
    mjkola Oct 14, 2013

I have had a similar experience where my holiday started quite disorganized with no airport pick up and no arrangements made for me to get to the booked hotel. The hotel room booked for me was too small where you needed to hop on one feet to move around. The customer service was really pathetic. There were no apologies made and no refund for the money lost. Please Beware of this travel agency. It is a dishonor to see such blatant disrespect to the customers. I do not understand how they value customer trust and loyalty and with such poor reputation they continue to run malpractices. I thought I was the only one but after reading the other complaints am worried that the Australian Government is not acting against their dishonest business.

Vickkhalsa Oct 24, 2013

Guys I m same victim like you but I went direct to emirates office down at melbourne Cbd.
    Earlier I found out their staff is not helpful at all not much professionalism coz I had to change my ticket dates.afterwards they said there are no tickets available in next 10 days, but when I went direct to emirates they say there are heaps of tickets are available.afterwards I was been asked to pay extra 300 bucks to change the travel date.anyways at the end of the day I would highly recommend please don't go to these cheaters/frauds
    as they are spoiling a name of Indians in aussieland.

• Ko
    Kombi Mar 31, 2014

Gurkhas Melbourne and Sydney - Please do not ever to use their services . I am the new Victim!!! I had booked the ticket for parents with Assistance and the agent never booked the assistance . As they were the first time travellers they suffered a lot and told me that they will never travel with this airline .I checked with the agent again even the second time they told me that the assistance was booked but when I called the airline and got the confirmation from them that they did not have any assistance then these idiots agreed to it..
    And the explaination for this mess was that the guy was new !!!
    It does not stop here I am now trying to change the dates for my parents travel and I get so much attitude on the phone .

GO TO THEM IF YOU WANT TO SUFFER . i HAVE ALWAYS USED MANN TRAVELS BUT THIS IS THE FIRST TIME AND OFFCOURSE LAST TIME I WILL EVER CONTACT THESE PEOPLE...

• Do
    dordy003 Feb 25, 2016

WORST and HORRIBLE SERVICE> booked a flexible ticket and they still couldnt do a date change even after calling them more than 10 times.

• Ad
    Adeel Anjum 01 Jun 17, 2016

Absolutely disgust by the service and thanx for ruining my travel, Worst Experience of customer service one can Imagine... booked my tickets through Gurkhas Travel for Emirates Airline and they forgot to book my hotel in Dubai and later blamed me for not providing the documents ( excuse me, isn't that your job to ask for necessary documents ??? ) I was been left stranded for 8 hours on the airport with No apology and its been 4 months that I'm chasing my Refund for the ticked I cancelled with them earlier this year without success and now they ignoring my phone calls.

• Sh
    sharan krishna Jun 21, 2017

The consultants in Gurkhas travel will keep calling you until you give the credit card number to them. Once card details are given they will never bother to call you back or answer the phone. My experience with their staff Sonam and Purvi are terrible. Purvi she will just hang up the phone when she realizes she is not getting the passenger names to finalise the ticket. Sonam is very rude and she called me many times until she got the card details and she assured me that she will send me the itinerary as soon as she gets the card details. It took me couple of days to get an e-mail from her. She would send it until I called her and asked for it. So be careful while booking tickets with this travel agent. After booking my ticket I tried calling them to book couple of more tickets, they would not answer if they realizes the phone number. The customer service is terrible.

• Re
    Reviewer17670 Nov 19, 2018

consultants are arrogant, does not give you correct information. Keeping you on hold for 15 minutes and disconnect you call...Fit for nothing...Does not have correct information...tries always to rip you off...

• Gh
    ghost jaadu Aug 14, 2020

Yet another scam by Gurkhas travel, when flights offer full refund, they would lie and will not give refunds. If somehow they do agree to any refund, they would charge huge cancellation fee of $600-$700. They should be reported, never be trusted.