Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Equipment Leasing & Financing Guaranteed Consumer Funding Mickey Mouse all the way.

Guaranteed Consumer Funding review: Mickey Mouse all the way.

K
Author of the complaint
8:54 pm EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I signed up with this company in June, and have paid them $1933.00. First they didn't even get my routing number right after assuring me they knew it. Three months in I upgraded. I was told I would get delivery confirmation in Dec, but when I called I was told I need to pay the difference of my upgrades. (thanks for the heads up huh?) In Jan I was given a shipping date of march 15th.
Oh, by the way, they base your shipping date on your paymnent history and yearly income. March 15th... no cpu "We're having shipping problems with Dell." They offered me a Hp with some better upgrades. GREAT! ok your shipping date has been moved back two weeks. 31/2 weeks later no cpu... I call... gee we are have shipping problems with HP too. My third shipping date Aug 27th, and I have recieved nothing but paper and promises. I was also told that the cpu would be ordered at the time I'm given my shipping date. Anybody with any common sense knows even when dealing with bulk orders (as gcf does) that an order in Jan should be ready in the coarse of roughly two months. I honestly believe that no order had ever been placed. If it was then what kind of a mickey mouse biz are they?
Eleven months into the program and nothing on my credit report. They haven't even improved my credit score! Every time I call (about twice a week) they change the story a little on me. It's like they're just telling me what I want to hear to satisfy me at the moment.
After calling them and asking them to take several, in progress, items off of my payment listing they say that the system is automated and they can't take it off. Oh but it doesn't affect your credit that's normal. Then I explaind to them that I had a lender looking at my online report and was offering me a loan if they would take those off. "No" was my anwser. This company has a very nasty habit of leading people on instead of being honest and saying this is not a quick program and you wont get anything out of it anytime soon. I plan on completing this program because I was more interested in the good credit then the merchandise. (all in all I will be paying over $2500 for a cpu that retails for about $1000 in my neck of the woods).
A rent to own store is cheaper and less hassle. DO NOT START THIS PROGRAM IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY. If you have then stick with it and don't let them win your hard earned money!

More Guaranteed Consumer Funding complaints & reviews

Guaranteed Consumer Funding - Terrible customer service!
Guaranteed Consumer Funding - Fraud and scam
Guaranteed Consumer Funding - HAVE NOT RECEIVED MERCHANDISE
Guaranteed Consumer Funding - computer
Guaranteed Consumer Funding - Rip-offs
Guaranteed Consumer Funding - Never Received Produce-2 yrs waiting
18 comments
Jan 04, 2009 10:16 am EST

James Gibson told the BBB that a order for me was re-routed to another customer in WI. I checked with Dell Computer's and James Gibson lied again, the order was never made for me and never re-routed from me. WARNING TO ALL, CEC aka Guaranteed Consumer Funding Can NOT BE TRUSTED!

I want my money back, this person is getting a $500.00 computer in Wisconsin. I have paid CEC $1058.68 of my money and they lied about sending me even a $500.00 computer, canceled/suspended my account for an email I sent asking do I need a lawyer, Then called me a potential defaulting customer. UNBELIEVABLE! I was not the one who canceled my account. So many games they play. BUYER BEWARE!

M
Sep 25, 2008 7:16 pm EDT

I signed up over the phone with this company way back in March 2017. On 3/28/08 they drafted the non-refundable down payment of $99. I was told that I needed to make 3 bi-weekly payments on-time, and then they would ship the computer. I have paid 12 payments of 77.96 and still did not recieve a correct shipping date, tracking information, or anything of help for that matter. The first shipping date I received was 8/4-8/12. When the computer still had not arrived by 8/20, I called and they told me it was backed up at the warehouse. So they gave me a new shipping date, 9/1-9/9. Low and behold, I did not receive my computer then either. When I called, the woman told me that someone had given me the wrong information and that I should receive my computer by 9/19. She also said that if I did not get it by then, that I should call and get the tracking info. So on 9/23, when I still had not received my computer, I called to get the tracking info. Guess what they told me?! They said that my account was being audited and that I would have to wait another 5-10 days. I asked to speak to the auditing department and see why they were reviewing my account, but she told me that no one was available. This was after she told me that she sent them a message and they responded back. How was no one there? Anyway, next I asked to speak to her supervisor; apparently he wasn't available either. She said she would have him call my home; which never happend. So I decided to call back today and see what was really going on. I spoke with a supervisor and he told me that they were auditing my account because of the recession. WHat a JOKE... I decided to cancel my account with them, after losing more than 1, 000 dollars, and I put a hold on my account so they can't touch it. I guess my next step is filing a theft report with local PD and pushing this further so I can try and get my money back. I definetely do not recommend this company to anyone. They charge 3x the going price for a plain jane computer. They are full of empty promises and will lie through their teeth to get you to sign the contract and to lead you on every month to get their payment. DONT DO IT. I hope everyone has better luck than I did.

D
Jan 27, 2009 4:51 pm EST

I have spent $120 a month since July 2017. I was told after I made 3 payments, I would receive my computer. I have them deduct $60 every 2 weeks, out of my checking account. I have NEVER gone without making a payment. It is Jan. 27, 2017, and I have spent approx. $900, and still have NOT received my computer, credit repair package, mp3 player, DVD burner, and WII gaming system, they said I would get. Now that I complained to the BBB, they say that I am a "high risk"customer, and I am not going to get my computer, until I put something in writing to the BBB that the problem has been resolved!

HELP!

B
Dec 19, 2008 4:31 am EST

On June 17, 2017 a friend saw the advertisement for CEC Solutions aka Guaranteed Consumer Funding and knowing I had been basically ripped off 3 times in a year, suggested I give them a call. I did and spoke with a Rob Boynton, operator # 138. He seemed very genuine and he assured me that if I kept up my end of the agreement that I would have a computer within a month.

On June 21, 2017 I sent the $99.00 down payment and have steadfastly paid $29.99 each week (with the exception of 1 week in September when I was hospitalized and had no income and 1 week in November when my checking account was cleaned out by a scam).

I am a cashier and cannot afford to buy a computer outright and this is the 4th time my hard earned money has been taken and I don't get what I am promised.

It is now December 16, 2017 and I have made 21 weekly payments along with the downpayment, totaling $729.76. I have jumped through every hoop they put up and they always give me one more thing I have to do before they will give me a ship date.

When I call I am on hold no less than 20 minutes before even speaking with a representative and they are no longer nice to me. I am given all kinds of excuses (the audit dept is in a morning meeting, the supervisor is away from his desk, etc) as to why I can't get any answers.

From day one I was told NO REFUNDS, so I keep paying the weekly payments(that is taken straight out of my account) hoping that I will get my new computer and afraid to stop paying to just give up that money. Should I stop and just cut my losses? Or continue and pray this won't be just another rip-off? I feel so gullible and dense.

J
May 06, 2010 5:10 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

UTTERLY HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Rude, you will be treated as though their shortcomings are your fault! This is not an occasional occurance! This is everyone who works for them.

In addition they will lie every time they talk to you. I was supposed to get my computer in May, I got it in November! I paid off everything in February, and I have yet to receive the Wii software suite or MP3 player.

Allegedly they are going to help you build credit...another lie! I paid $1500 for my computer and they reportedabout $500 to Trans-Union only!

PleaseDON"T MAKE THE SAME STUPID MISTAKE I MADE! Do not do business with this company!

N
Feb 17, 2009 1:15 pm EST

just like all of you i was told the same thing- 5 payments of 29.99 and a deposit of 99.99 and computer would be shipped out. I did all that plus ordered an upgrade which took my payment up to 58.96 every week. Still nothing. just like the rest of you i am sick of this company with there no refund policy and all the run around. i have talked with the FTC-Federal Trade Comission...[protected] and urge all of you that have been taken in by these rip-off artist to do the same. lets shut these clowns down and get our money back

Nov 04, 2011 7:38 pm EDT

B
May 05, 2010 2:22 pm EDT

I completely agree with shutting this company down. I have completely paid off my entire account with these people in hopes that my merchandise would be delivered quicker and I still have yet to receive anything from them. Every time I call the company I get the "it'll be another 3 weeks" statement from them. Well I've been hearing that for going on 4 months now! It's ridiculous and I'm completely fed up with the whole thing. My wife keeps telling me I should call the BBB or FTC but, from what I understand, they lie to them and try to put the blame on you, the customer. All I know is that this company is a complete scam and in these hard times, none of us can afford to lose any of that money. It's just upsetting that these people are low enough to do this to good, hard-working people who are just trying to fix their credit thinking this is a good option when all the others are made difficult.

Mar 09, 2010 9:08 pm EST

you are right, I finally got my computer, after calling every week, but you are so right I must have gotten 4 different dates for my computer to be shipped and then finally it was shipped, they said because i didn't get it when I said, they would up grade my monitor to a 19 inch in which they did, after I paid 58.95 every 2 wks for a year, because I didn't want to lose the money I already paid, because somewhere in those papers, I think I saw something that said by signing these papers, you can't sue the company, I should have known then something was wrong, Now I keep calling to see when I'm going to get my free Wii and Mp3 they said they are on back order, well I've been hearing that since January, and now as of today I have been given the date of June the 9-15th. You know we are paying a lot of money for something we could have gotten 2 from wal mart, but if you are like me I didn't have the money to buy one so I thought the best thing to do was to but one on terms.

Iwouldn't advise anyone to use this company, because the money they are making off of us, the least they could have done was to honor there contract, I' m with whomever that was that said less shut them down, Call The FTC, because that is what I'm going to do [protected]

Mar 09, 2010 6:17 pm EST

I was just like you, but had put too much money in to stop and call it a lost, so I kept letting them take the money and I kept bothering them until they gave me a date, and then another date and finally in Jan of 2017 I got it which was a year later

Mar 09, 2010 6:13 pm EST

I totally agree with you, and I will be contacting the FTC, I order a computer in January of 2017 and was told that after 5 payments on time I would receive my computer, nothing happen, I kept calling and they kept lying. Finally I made my last payment in Dec of 2017 and got my computer in January, but still no WII or MP3, I have called every week and keep geting a new date, One person told me I had to call a number and have them to verify that my Bal was zero, I Called the number and these people had nothing on me, ever dealing with them, so I called consumer funding back and she put me on hold, after I told her who I was for about 10 mins and then come back and apologize for the person before, I asked is this you guys way of telling me I will get nothing, she said no, your shipping date is June, get that I pay a Year for a computer and have to wait another year to get free gifts, Yes they are a RIPPPPP OFF AND I WOULDN'T ADVISE ANYONE TO USE THEM

S
Jan 01, 2010 11:38 pm EST

was anyone able to get their money back from these scammers? I keep getting the run around from this company & was given fake names by customer service. Thanks, scammed in WI

Dec 17, 2009 10:36 am EST

I had signed up for the laptop and it came with the Free WII and MP3 player. Two months after I paid it off I finally got the laptop. It was not the one I order because they were all backordered, so they say. I ended up with a cheaper model and a totally different brand..In the meantime I had to go buy a used one because I had to have one because I was going back to college after 14 years and all students needed one. GCF kept giving me the run around. I have now called them several time for the MP3 player and the WII and they keep telling me they are backordered. I spoke to them in October and they gave me a date for November. I then spoke to them in November and they gave me a date for December. I am now still waiting when they were suppose to be delivered by the 7th. I am now waiting on the phone for someone to speak to me...I just spoke to someone and she now states that the MP3 player could take up to 20 days to ship. Not sure how this could take so long but anyways. I asked about the WII and the lady on the phone told me that because of problems they had last Christmas season with people stealing packages and then complaints from customers because packages werent getting to them or taking to long that they decided not to ship them out during the holidays so to call back the week of January 11th. Are you frigen kidding me? I explained to the lady that maybe they shouldnt have given a dat of December 7th if this is what they were going to decide or maybe they should have contacted their customers because now I will have a very disappointed ten year old when he gets all these WII games (majority of his presents cause of cost) and now he has no game system to play it on and I cant afford to go buy one. Think she cared nope..just kept saying well we dont want the merchandise stolen so this is why we are doing this...I told her I will now be putting in a complaint and calling a supervisor. This company is horrible and dont use them at all...Its all lies!

Dec 17, 2009 10:35 am EST

This company is unbelievable...

J
Sep 23, 2009 1:25 pm EDT

Help! I am going throught the same thing and want my money back now! How can we all get our money back and buy a computer for half the price!Please email me at [email protected] for help.

A
Apr 22, 2009 12:46 pm EDT

I to have this frustration I only have six payments left and still no product just excuses and now they are very rude I dont know what to do but if i had the product I would cancel the payments and fight them to try and get more money .

Mar 02, 2009 11:17 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I totally agree. I got over 4 delivery dates and they penalized me for calling the Better Business Bureau and Attorney General. They added complaint fees to my order and they also, at one point, cancelled my order (they were planning to keep my money). The reason I haven't totally told them to "go fly a kite" is b/c I have invested over $1, 000. I WILL contact the FTC. Thanks for the suggestion.

M
Oct 30, 2008 2:43 am EDT

I was never able to obtain an answer from anyone about when I was to recieve my computer. I have called and always gotten a busy signal. I want to know how can I stop them from getting anymore monye out of my account. I any one knows how please let me know. These people sign you up and never give you anything. This is fraud. They say that they will report on-time payments. Who is this company and how can they be stopped?