GTL Health Insurancefalse claims-rip off

J

My boyfriend is self employed-48 yrs old and uninsured---scared of what the future would hold if he was sick or injured. I went on line to try and find affordable health insurance-being ignorant about computers- i simply googled low income health insurance-came to a sight which asked for some info-nothing to personal-and came up with 5 quotes from reputable companies such as Blue plus. I decided to let my boyfriend take a look at the details and get back to any of them if interested. Within a day of filling out this info.- i get a call from "Stephanie" from GTL insurance-offering my boyfriend insurance for as little as 119.00 a month-NO deductable-rates don't change-and he is covered for mental health-dental-vision-everything-and she said they have been in business longer than Blue Plus and she is on the same plan-it is the best and he can be insured tomorrow! I naively and excitedly called my boyfriend and told him to call her and find out more-he called me back shortly thereafter and said "Stephanie" was a big fraud and that she said they would pick up the cost of his vision and his dental-he just need to give his Credit card info and she would send the paper work...she didn't ask his name-age-address-nothing about his health-or any pre-existing conditions-but wanted that credit card info right away...stephanie-vile human being with no conscience-please bust this f-ing company...so sad to prey on the vulnerable and decent people of this so called rich country-can't even afford to take care of its own...oh canada...

• Je
    JenniRuth Sep 06, 2018

This company is bad news. They do not want to pay your claim. This is the hardest company I have ever had to deal with; promise that Claims Supervisor will call, I am still waiting on that call! Cancel your hospital indemnity insurance or better still yet NEVER PURCHAS ONE FROM GTL.

• Ta
    Tadd Holzen Aug 28, 2018

Dealing with GTL has me furious! The operators are polite as they can be but are useless. I had an issue and communication was impossible. You don't get to talk to anyone in control. Forget it if you need to work something out. Remember, don't buy any type of insurance you don't absolutely need.

• De
    denzel14 Nov 25, 2014

We paid our premiums on time supplies all the paperwork GTL demanded but they still REFUSE to pay the claim I think they are just a scam to cheat seniors out of their money dont go near this company

Marcel Taylor Jul 14, 2012

I believe all the bad advertising for this company is false.

• Zi
    ZingZang May 13, 2010

Welcome to Obamacare my friend! As a result of the recent healthcare legislation insurance companies are being forced to provide plans with no life-time limits and to cover pre-existing conditions. If you want to start a class-action suit, you may want to sue Congress and Obama first on your list. Good luck with that!

• Mi
    Mike8 May 13, 2010

So I just received my policy termination notice from GTL. No reason given though I am told that I can opt for a replacement policy that will have me go from a $5, 000.00 deductible to a, are you ready for this, a $25, 000.00 deductible. A 5 times jump. How about that. I wonder how many of the thousands of people who just found this out would like to think about a class action suit. I for one would like to hear from others and some legal advise on this one.
    GTL, has some very small regard for their member insure es!
    Michael M.

• In
    InsuranceGuru Apr 30, 2010

I can assure you "Stephanie" was not from GTL. She was however a marketer who may have been selling one of GTL's insurance products and it is unfortunate that she described herself as from GTL. GTL provides valid insurance products and is not responsibile for over-aggressive insurance agents who don't take the time to adequately explain the types of coverage that they sell.

GTL is a reputable company that has been around for 70+ years. More information on GTL's products can be found here: