Grayson & AssociatesBad experience

F Review updated:

This is a counseling group with astounding credentials. However, my experience with them was something out of a LMN movie in that I was berated and belittled by my "counselor" and was told that my feelings were petty and "###" by him. My last appointment (it only took 2 to convince me I had made a BIG error to come there) upset me to the point that I had to go to a doctor afterwards because my blood pressure was at stroke level and I was hysterical. The administrator called me and apologized AFTER I called and complained. The only other contact I have had from them has been a bill because on my last appointment I neglected to stop by and pay my co-pay before heading off to get my blood pressure down.

• Am
    [email protected] Jun 07, 2019

I have never experienced so unprofessional behavior in my life, I am a patient grayson and associate. My doctors has been working with me over the past several years. There has been several instance in which I was unable to make appt also unable to phone in to cancel appt due to Mental illness. Therefore appts cancelled charges was billed to payment history 850.00, upon adjustment to meds I have made all appts in which I paid copay and what I could on bill.

Therefore a medical doctor stating I can't give your controlled substance unless you make a 50.00 payment each month. I am feeling like I'm purchasing drugs. I have been in social service for the past 25yrs with 27 yrs as a recovering addict. What type of professional subjects it patient in a depressed state, feeling of self worth, inadequate, loneliness, basically become worthless/ sick every time i play it over and over in my head. I am not a using addict, I am being garnished 250.00 every two weeks due to bankruptcy. I bring home enough to make it week to although I am great full, I still contend what Dr. places more stress on their patient .

• Sc
    screwgraysonandassociates Sep 09, 2019

I see Pam Trull, CRNP at the Lakeshore Grayson and Associates location. She is WONDERFUL beyond belief. Very kind and knowledgeable and I very much enjoy seeking her help. However, I recently had a job change and told her beforehand that I would have a new insurance and asked if there would be anything additional I needed to do to ensure a smooth transition. She told me to get the new insurance info to the girls at the front desk as soon as I received it. As soon as I received my new insurance cards, I called up there. Their phone system is a joke. It takes at least 15 minutes to get to speak to a human and they generally aren't super friendly. But I gave them the information a week before my new insurance went into effect (gave it to them 7.29.19, new insurance began on 8.02.19). Figured it would not be a big deal because they said everything was fine and it was just going from one BCBS plan to another.
    On 8.05.19, I was at my pharmacy with my prescriptions to be filled and while my ADHD and anxiety medication went through with no problems, they told me my life-saving antidepressant was being held due to BCBS requesting a Prior Authorization from Grayson and Associates. I called BCBS and was on the phone for them for quite some time, questioning why they were asking for a PA when I had been taking the medication for over a year, and they said it's an expensive medication and sometimes they request these things and it should only take 24-48 hours to process. So that morning, 8.05.19, I called Grayson and Associates and spoke with Yolanda, letting her know that I could not get my medication until they sent a PA and asked if they would be able to get that done in the next few days. She informed me that it would take sometimes up to 48 hours but that they would process it. I let her know that I was completely out of my medication and that the pharmacy told me they would sell me the Trintellix pills for $86 a piece!!! I cannot afford that, I don't know many people who can. I called back several times to see what I was supposed to do, then on my 4th call to Grayson, the lady who answered the phone said I could come to their office for samples until they could get the PA processed for my insurance. I was thankful and drove the hour to their office to get a bag full of samples, which were 10 mg, while I take 20 mg per day. No problem, they said, just take two instead. I proceeded to call them 3 more times that week to see if they had sent the PA since BCBS and my pharmacy had yet to receive it. Each time, it took more than 15 minutes to get through their automated system and wait for someone to get to the phone. Again, every time, either Yolanda, Beth, or another lady who did not give her name would put me on hold for long periods of time and then come back and tell me that they were getting it handled. The last time I called that Friday, Yolanda said it would be sent through before the end of the day. At this point, it was 4:00 pm and my pharmacist told me that it still had not gone through at 6:00 when he checked. BCBS was closed, so there was nothing that could be done.
    Since I had just started a new job, I stayed super busy the next two weeks and only called again 8.22.19, when Yolanda told me that the PA had been sent the week before. I thanked her and told her I was sorry to have called so many times, but this medication is the difference between life and death for me, and that I appreciate them.
    Then, the Friday before Labor Day, 8.30.19, I called several times because I only had enough Trintellix to last one more day and had contacted my pharmacy and BCBS, and neither had received the PA. The lovely person helping me from BCBS said she would try contacting Grayson and Associates for me, and suggested that if she couldn't get the paperwork from them in time, she would grant me a one-time override to allow me to receive my lifesaving medication. She and I were on the phone for over 2 hours, and in that time, she was unable to get in touch with anyone at Grayson and Associates and was unable to grant me the override.
    I spent the Labor Day weekend not doing well, since my body requires this antidepressant so I spent 2 days in bed. Grayson and Associates was closed for Labor Day, and so starting Tuesday morning, I started calling about my medication. Mind you, it takes a while to get through to a human with their archaic phone system. Again, the kind person from BCBS stayed on the phone with me for hours trying to get this information from them. I was hysterically crying most of this morning, as I pay for insurance, I pay my copays to Grayson, and I feel that this is negligence on their behalf. They would not let me speak with Pam Trull, and I was unable to leave her a message because they would not allow me to do so. After the hours of phone calls with BCBS, I started calling up there myself. Beth answered after me being on hold for over 25 minutes, and I was crying and asked her why they haven't done their job and that I was afraid for my well-being without being on my medication. Beth was VERY unprofessional and told me she couldn't understand me because I was crying and then I said something forcefully to the point of, "why haven't you people done your damn jobs? I have been requesting this medication for over a month!" She told me nastily that she would not be spoken to that way and I apologized and said I am having a very rough time and I need my medication. She hung up on me. I tried to call back several times and each time I was connected after the 15-25 minutes of their phone system, I would be hung up on. I drove the hour to their office, crying the whole way, and attempting to call their office. After the 6th time they hung up on me, Yolanda answered and I told her what happened and that I was very upset. She didn't have anything to say about the rudeness but told me that sometimes it takes a while to get a PA. I told her I was a few minutes away from their office and asked if they would be so kind as to get me another bag of samples of Trintellix and she said she would let the ladies in the front know.
    When I arrived at 2:35, Beth was at the front window and I told her who I was and that I would appreciate a copy of the PA to be sent to BCBS and Publix pharmacy and asked if I could get my bag of samples requested. She didn't look up from her paper and said that she sent it 8.27 and that I needed to stop overreacting. I was nothing but polite at this point. I told her I wasn't calling anyone a liar, I am just pleading with them to please resend it as they said they still have not received it. I asked for a copy of it myself which she huffily gave me. The date on it said that it was faxed on 8.07.19!!! So they lied on my medical records.
    She told me to sit down and wait, as Pam was not at work that day and they needed to ask another doctor if it was okay to give me samples. I said that I would much prefer them sending the PA so I didn't have to take more of their samples, but she rolled her eyes at me and told me to sit. There were no other patients in the waiting room this entire time.
    I sat there for 30 minutes before the first patient came in from the back and started a conversation with her. Beth then heard both myself and the other patient talking about the way we are treated there and called loudly for the patient to come to the window. I waited another 15 minutes until a lady I have never seen called my name from the glass office and offered me a bottle of Trintellix. It was a bottle containing 7 10mg pills. I asked her if there was any way she could give me more so I don't run out, since I had already run out due to them not sending the appropriate paperwork in the appropriate amount of time. She rolled her eyes and then made me wait another 10 minutes before coming out with 3 more bottles of samples, 1 being 10 mg, the others being 5 mg Trintellix, which would have provided me with enough medication for 10 days. I didn't trust that they would get this situated in 10 days so I left and made an appointment with another doctor immediately. My therapist is friends with Pam Trull, and I called him very upset telling him about the situation. He called Pam and 2 days later, it came through. Pam is amazing and I will seek her services when she leaves Grayson and Associates, but I wouldn't wish the customer service from them on anyone, not even my worst enemy. They need to get their S#*@ together!!!