Grant Resource Guidetaking omney out my account with my concent.

M

i was issue a grant educacational software disc.I found out later on they withdrawl 49.50 out of my cheching account.It should be a law for that.I think a law suit should be filed.

Debra robison Aug 11, 2016

Should be a class lawsuit filed!!!

Debra robison Aug 11, 2016

I ordered the online version of this advertisement. Cannot get into the information. They've charged my bank card several times fro info I have not received. What can be done? they're steadily scamming innocent consumers.

Chris Jun 09, 2016

I just found out about this scam the hard way. I got charged for two months before I found this web page about this Company. The thing that upsets me the most is the younger kids that might try to use this for college information. The people that run this Company must not care how they make their money. When I called they flat told me that they dont return the money and that they do let people know about the extra fees. Which they dont. Thank you for this page even though it was a little to late for me.

Jody Iler Jun 09, 2016

I got taken in also but luckily I found your complaint and can cancel my card to stop any further charges.

• Br
    Brenda Fulton Jun 09, 2016

I had the same thing happen to me regarding this company. One good thing is, I was able to get some of my money back after the so called account was canceled, which I never agreed to in the first place. I only purchased a disc for grant information in the amount of $2.95 and my card was charge $3.04. A week later, without my authorization, my card was charged an additional $50.99. I canceled my credit card after these charges occurred and have an investigation fraud claim with my bank againt this company. I've also filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau of this unethical practices. I learned my lesson, the website have many dishonest people out there.

Debbie Lewis Jun 09, 2016

Said I pay $2.00 for shipping and handling, they took $59.96.They send this ### CD that for 1 does not have anything but a few websites and for 2 won't play on my CD Rom.

• Valerie Jun 09, 2016

This company, Grant Research Guide, sells a program or CD for $2.95 giving the buyer access to all kinds of grant programs they supposedly would never be able to access by themselves. Well, don't be fooled by the low price and definitely don't pay it and expect to receive anything useful.

I got the CD in the mail, but not before my credit card company called to inform me that they suspected fraudulent activity on my card. At the time, I didn't associate the name of the company they claimed was responsible, Funding Resource, with Grant Research Guide. Otherwise I would not have bothered trying to login to the grant program when I received it, only to find that the username and password they had provided was not valid.

The program (if there is one; I could never access it) is useless without that information. Furthermore, this company will attempt to charge your credit card a monthly fee of $49.00 to access this program; something that is NEVER mentioned in any of their advertising or even during the sign-up process. Fortunately, my credit card company is on the ball and they caught this before I lost even more money. I know $2.95 isn't a lot, but it is a Rip Off if you get NOTHING for it and this is the case with this company. At the very least, Grant Research Guide is dishonest about their services.

If you've already signed up for this program, just make sure they don't get you for the additional $49.00 monthly or you'll be sorry you gave them your credit card information.

• Cl
    Claise T. McGee Jun 09, 2016

Paid the shipping for the CD and never heard from them again. The CD was impossible to understand or use. I was not able to contact them again after receiving the CD. No service at all and they were supposed to help me every step of the way to get a government grant.

Clarise T. McGee
    [email protected]

Santo Palomo Jun 09, 2016

Better watch your credit card bill for extra charges. Notify the credit card institution and tell them to deny any future transactions with this company ASAP.
    Why don't you go, call, or E-mail a high school, junior college, and/or university college financial aid counselor within the vicinity of where you live. They can help you deal with the more reputable companies offering scholarships, grant, or loans. Over half of the companies making offers over the internet are rip-offs. READ the privacy policies, terms and conditions on their website.
    Find AND read the fine print.

• Rb
    R.Birt Jun 09, 2016

I knew that I could not trust a person whom was not even an american and I still fell for this scam.I should be kicked in my hind end for being stupid.Someone needs to put an end to this company.

• Kb
    K Brown Jun 09, 2016

My husband ordered this; same complaint as everyone else. It's a total scam. Our account has been debited $49.50 for 2 months in a row and was before we even received any info from them. Fortunately, the 2nd debit it pending. He just went to the bank and put a stop on debits for the future. The phone number for this company is out of service now, too. Report them, everyone, and stop payments from them!

jorge martinez Jun 09, 2016

they told me i only had to pay 2.95 for s/h and they're taking $49.50 out of my checking account that they never told me about, for the past 3 months they've been doing this and i cant get a hold of them because they dont answer my phone calls or e-mails please help me.

• Br
    Brenda Rowe Jun 09, 2016

Return the #49.90 illegal withdrawal your company made, or I am going to file compaints with the FCC and FDA. Get a real job unsteak of ripping off people for a living.

• Iy
    Iya Yang Jun 09, 2016

How do I get my money back, and how is this CD going to help me!!! I'm so TICKED OFF RIGHT NOW! SOme one needs to do something about this stupid grant resource guide!!!

• Dm
    Dman313 Jun 09, 2016

I wholeheartedly agree that grantresourceguide.com is a scam. I went to it to try and get info on how to receive a governmet grant and got a bunch of b.s. calls. The rep on the phone barely spoke english very well. And when I saw a charge of almost $70.00 on my acct I was livid. This is not the time to screw with people money or time. The cd came very late and was of no use at all. All it told me was to use some info that was emailed to me when I pruchased it, and that was false. This type of thing makes one not want to even attempt to try to get a grant now.

• Be
    Betty7 Jun 09, 2016

I agree that this government grant is a scam, I too was fooled into buying a package for 2.95, never received the cd and the next thing I knew my account was charged for 68.13. Upon which I called the customer service immediately and inquired why they took the money out of my account? They said in the terms the 7 day cancellation was enclosed, which I read carefully and there was no clause in the writing about a extra charge, I even printed the invoice and there was not a clause on that either. However talking with the representative I cancel the subscription, which he stated that I would not be getting a refund. Something needs to be done about this, we as consumers are getting ripped off and I am also TICKET OFF about this.

• Wy
    Wynell Jun 09, 2016

I had order a grant kit for $1.95, and I now I am being charged $49.50 every month for nothing. I had not received my kit and it looks like I am going have to close my bank account.

• Ke
    keshia Jun 09, 2016

the same thind is happening to me...how do you get this fixed?!?!

• Na
    Nancy Bassett Jun 09, 2016

the dame thing happened to me also, I was charged $2.95 for a single CD with no paper work, no other information. I just noticed that I have been charged $49.50. Is there anything I can do???

• Sh
    Shelly Hall Jun 09, 2016

This is concerning a program of school grants which the original cost was $2.95. Well, then they charged my account $49.50 without notifiying me at all---And I want it back.

• Pa
    Patricia Whittington Jun 09, 2016

I have the same complaint as everyone else I was told that All I need is $1.95 for ac.d. for ligitimate government grants for school or businesses They sent me the disc approximately a month ago and yesterday on Oct. 16, 2008 taking out of my checking account which resulted in a $30.00 ins. fund fee I tried to call the no. the bank gave me and was put on hold for a good hour. I want all my money back I am pissed that people can get awy with this crap.

• Lo
    Louise Roseberry Jun 09, 2016

I agree. I didn't get my cd till the 27 Feb.There was no information on it. I have a number for customer service and it worked. [protected]. I cancelled but did not ask for my money back of $49.95. The catch to this is that you have to call and cancel 7 days after you order the cd, even though you have not received it yet. They told me they could send me another cd out but it would take 10 - 14 days for me to receive it. That would put me over my deadline of March 23. They did say they have a website where you can get the same info that was on the cd. So far I have not been able to find or access the site.

• Ju
    judeski Jun 09, 2016

After being solicited a number of times, I thought I would take a chance and spend the $2.95 for the free disk. The $2.95 was for shipping. 5 days later they charged my account an additional $58.61 which was unauthorized by me. The disk has a menu system but offers no information when selecting any menu item, only a message to logon online but gioves no address to log onto. This is a scam that others have fallen prey to.

Maybe the FBI can help?
    The U.S Postage on the disk mailer came from Salt Lake City, UT Permit 582

I want my money back.

The Las Vegas, Better Buriness Bureau phone number is [protected].

• Ki
    kingflip Jun 09, 2016

they did the same thing to me

• He
    heavy jumbo Jun 09, 2016

I have paid monies for grant information I never received. I asked also to have my account canceled. Customer service was so willing to cancel as if they were used to the phone calls. Its criminal to charge my account $58.00 for charges I did not authorize. I was supposed to receive an information CD for information purposes only. The cost was $2.95 for shipping and handling. Never received it.This company is fraudulently operating and taking advantage of people. By the way, customer service informed me I would have to send an e-mail from the website to request a refund. The website contact screen does not work.

• 2p
    2-pissed-2-protest Nov 20, 2009

Its outrageous, thegrantresourcecenter called me and said it would be a $1.99 taken off of my visa and they charged me $49.50 What can I do about this?

• Fl
    floridians Oct 30, 2009

They called my son today (only 9 years old) and this guy tried to catch me, however I was working with my computer and when he gave me the web site I Google immediately. That is when I realized all these people sadly taking for this scam. I asked the guy" Is this the way o feed your family? Extorquing money from everyone?" Shame on you!!! Someone should something about this!!

• El
    Elora Oct 26, 2009

i never received a e3mail after they kept calling and insisting that i order i cant afford to be scammed like this does any one have sujestions as to what i should do

• El
    Elora Oct 26, 2009

i ordered from them also i am on limited income cant afford to be scamed does any have suggestions as to what i should do they have both my credit cards

• Je
    JEN B 207 Oct 10, 2009

Well, I too have been scammed by this company. I paid the shipping and handling charge of $1.99 and also never received an e-mail or a package in the mail as they said. The rest of you had a much lesser charge taken out of your account they took $73.61 out of my account. I called the 800 number and I too got a "person" on the phone who tried to tell me I did authorize the charge for web access. Well the e-mail never came to access the account and it wasn't til yesterday that they tried to give me the user name and password. They refused to refund the money. They told me they knew I received the e-mail because they got confirmation from my e-mail account. If they have access to that information they should be able to tell that the bogus web site had never been accessed. They refused to let me speak to a supervisor, stating that this was not a matter for them and they were recording the call and if they felt to need they would intervene. They would not give me the information of the person who called because they live in another country and do not take incoming calls. He also said that he was resending the e-mail as we spoke, which I did not receive again. I was irate and they also are not a government program as they suggested they were. Finally, I knew I was not getting anywhere so I ended the call and immediately called my bank. I explained the situation and they were not shocked. They investigated the claim within the hour and had the claim had been proven to be fraudulent and my bank refunded the stop payment charge and the amount withdrawn from my account and they will get their money from them. I also agree that this company needs to be reported to the BBB and I will. I will join any lawsuit that is brought against them. THIS IS A SCAM PLEASE BEWARE AND DO NOT LISTEN TO ANYONE CALLING ABOUT GOVERNMENT GRANTS. THEY ARE NOT A GOVERNMENT PROGRAM.

• Ze
    Zenbob96 Oct 07, 2009

I was billed 49.95 for a product kit which I never ordered.

• Re
    reallywantsjustice82 Sep 12, 2009

Well, I had to cancel my whole bank account and put a fraud alert on my credit reports, to protect myself. On aug 26th, they called late at night like 10pm. They already had all my info, they pretended like they couldn't hear me half the time on the phone. There was a lot of background talking and yelling. As soon as I hung up I looked up the supposed website IT WAS AN UNREGISTERED DOMAIN! It wasn't even a website yet. And the phone numbers were bogus! I even tried calling the number back they had called me on and the cancellation number they gave me. I immediately looked them up on Google and there are like 5 rip Off or scam complaint boards that these ### are on. I called my bank and froze my card, then I was up until like 2 AM with the credit bureaus. Then I panicked and moved all my money at the bank so I got charged like 3 overdraft fees. I got 2 of the 3 refunded by my bank. The company got the sh&h out of me but that was it! And they never sent me ANYTHING! I am going to report them to the BBB. They have made my life HELL for 3 weeks. And then last night they had the nerve to call me back, but I didn't get anywhere with the stupid bubblehead on the phone. YOU SHOULD ALL FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE BBB! AND FILING A LAW SUIT WOULDN"T BE A BAD IDEA EITHER, THIS SH*T IS WRONG AND I"M PRETTY SURE IT"S ILLEGAL!

• Gi
    Gianbattista Sep 10, 2009

I agree. They almost got me, but I was suspicious because the person who was talking to was a fast talker and I being a 77 year old man wasn't going to give them anything. I told them when the package arrived i would pay the postman, but the talker said the company doesn't work that the way, so I told him that I didn't know him and I didn't trust him. After reading all the complaints concerning this company, I'm glad I did what I did. I told the told caller to go forth and multiuply himself.

Pittsburgh, Pa.

• Ta
    TamNg Aug 27, 2009

well... i hope that who ever posted that phone number on this website would help me to get out of this scam... i just called them and luckily some one answered and asked for my infos and i told him that i would like to cancel my account, he did it... he kinda made it easy for me... but i'm not sure if i even believe him or not rght now. and not sure what to do!!!

• At
    atm_88 Aug 22, 2009

WWW.THEGRANTRESOURCEGUIDE.COM is a big time ripoff..they called my house and got my mom to agree with a 2.95 charge for a package..as soon as i got home my mom told me about it so i googled it and thank GOD!!!my mom is now canceling her credit card..

Charged for nothing!!! Aug 10, 2009

I ordered the Grant Resource Guide and it charged me the S&H-Fine. I wrote down EVERYTHING that I had to cancel(Google, Grant Doctor, Free Credit Report...) and I made sure that I did. When they charged me my the $49.50 I called up and they were adiment that I hadn't canceled. She said that she couldn't do anything about it. Luckily my bank took care of it and I got issued a new card.After all that, it didn't work anyway When I put it in it asked me for some damn code that they had emailed me. Which they didn't. So, after all that hassle, I have NO grant info. Clark Howard was right I should have checked them out first! When in doubt, access Clark Howard's website. Good luck in your future indeavor's. Thank you R.E.S.

Jason Jun 13, 2009

We were looking for information regarding what grants are available and how to qualify for them. On 3/30/09 we saw this companies blog on the internet and thought this was just what we were looking for. After all it was only going to cost $2.95 for shipping and handling and we would receive an disk that will give us all the information we need to locate and apply for grants. They would only accept my debit card not my credit card, should have known something wasn't right. We received our bank statement and they did charge us $2.95 plus another 2 cent charge (unknown what this fee was for).

We received the disk on April 17th. The disk looked fine when you first look at it. But when you click on the available tabs only one opens up with information, the rest of them requests you to 'log in to the online resource center to access this content. Information to do this was e-mailed to you at the time you ordered your product'. Well, no e-mail was ever received. This disk did not give us any useful information at all. Since the contact tab also refered me to the online resource center, we did a internet search and found a reference to the [redacted] website. Now we got worried.

We contacted our bank and discovered that this company has charged us additional fees. On April 6th they withdrew $58.61 and a additional .47 cents from our account. We then contacted the companies phone number listed on our bank statement. They told us that we had ageed to this 'membership fee' in the email sent upon purchase of the product and you had 7 days to cancel or you will be charged a membership fee. (We hadn't even received the disk by the 7 day deadline). The email we never received. There was no mention of resending the email or giving us the website address, all they would say is you are not getting your money back.

So there goes $60 for nothing. We have cancelled the debit card that they have access to, so they can not charge us anymore fees.

• Mi
    Michael Allison Jun 05, 2009

I have tried to have a service fee disconnected numerous times and continue to experience the hardship of this company refusing to discontinue from my debit account. I have notified the bank only to learn that they will not stop the unauthorize monthly withdraw telling me that it has to be done by the company. I have called numerous times all numbers attach to this company only to find out that the numbers are not in service.

Please inform me as to how and who i am to speak with for reinbursement of the unauthorize fees they continue to take out of my account which is causing me diffulties.

Thank you in advance for your assistance in this matter.

Sincerely

Michael allison
    Contact number [protected]

• Vj
    VJB May 10, 2009

I too was surprised to see the charge on my bank card. I called the 800#, left a message, and they did cancel my "membership" right away by e-mail via Judah Goldman
    GRG Customer Support, [email protected] I had also asked that they refund the money but that didn't happen. I'll call again. I'm sorry the rest of you got scammed. I was feeling stupid. I found their offer on chooseyourcolor.com to earn a free Macbook. I agreed to pay the initial $2.95 for the CD but never saw anywhere that it was a trial offer that needed to be cancelled. The guy who called did not mention it either. I read their confirmation e-mail but no terms were included. After the charge showed up on my bank statement I checked the e-mail message again and found more text, terms, were displayed ONLY if I was actually on-line. It said you had to call and cancel before the billing date but that date was not given. Can we get help from some agency like the Better Business Bureau or some office of Consumer Affairs? I welcome comments. Thanks and good luck.

Andre Hamilton Mar 24, 2009

I Andre Hamilton requested grant information from the grant resource guide. I was told I that only $2.95 for shipping and handling would be deducted from my debit card, they took an additional $49.99 which was unathorized. My account was overdrawn an extra $25.89 which will cost me an additional $75.00. I would like for this phone call to be reviewed. So that my money will be reimbursed. I can be reach at [protected] or [email protected]