• Ji
    Jimbo Aug 30, 2008

This company charged $49.50 a week after charging the initial $1.95 for access to its website through Funding Resource IS. We disputed the charge. A month later a charge for $49.50 was charged by Business Source IS 866-509-5275. We called the 888-276-8105 number on a Monday at 10A and were on hold for an hour. We never did talk to a representative. We have not been able to contact the company by either e-mail or phone to cancel any service they are offering us. We did not enter into any contract of any kind with this company since no terms were ever stated on the website or in the confirming e-mail. I advise everyone to file a complaint with their Better Business Bureau.

Angela valdez Sep 14, 2008

i have been charge $49.50 for something i don't even order

• Je
    Jeff Leonard Sep 14, 2008

I've been charged 49.50 twice. I haven't even used the dvd yet. How do we stop this rip-off?

• Ga
    Gary Sep 15, 2008

Same thing happened to me. Went to my bank and filled a dispute. Bank said they'll go after them.

Johanna Sep 16, 2008

I also ok'd a charge for $2.95 and got charged $49.50 that I did not authorize.

Johanna Sep 16, 2008

Cancel your Debit Card and have a new one issued that way your not charged an add'l $49.50 every time they feel like it.. My bank said that it was a membership and I was responsible for it. I also told them that I wanted to dispute it. What a scam within 7 days I was charged a membership that I did not agree on!!! And not anywhere did it mention a membership and that I had to cacel before the trial was over.

• Wa
    Wanda Corbett Sep 18, 2008

GRANT RESOURCE GUIDE COMPANY IS A RIPOFF. I HAVE NOTIFIED MY BANK AND THEY SAID TO WAIT UNTIL THE FUNDS HAVE BEEN DEDUCTED FROM MY ACCOUNT. THEN THEY WILL GO AFTER THEM. THE WEBSITE THE CUSTOMER SERVICE PERSON GAVE ME ON SEPT. 17TH IS NOT A TRUE WEBSITE. HE GAVE ME GRANTRESOURCEGUIDE.COM, SOMETHING ELSE COMES UP. HE TOLD BE TO COMPLAIN TO THE BILLING DEPT. AND TO MAKE IT TO THE ATTENTION OF JAVAS. THERE IS NO SUCH LINK, SO YOU CAN COMPLAIN. THE FIRST LADY HUNG UP THE PHONE ON ME, WHEN I REQUESTED MY $58.61 TO BE PUT BACK INTO MY ACCOUNT, BECAUSE I DID NOT AUTHORIZE THEM TO TAKE IT OUT. SCAM, RIPOFF AND SOMETHING NEED TO BE DONE ABOUT THIS ILLEGAL ACTION.

• Na
    Nancy Bassett Sep 29, 2008

I ordered the research guide CD for $2.95 which my account was charged. I recieved the CD 3 days ago and now I have been charged $49.50. I had 7 days to cancel but I have only had the CD 3 days, as I mentioned before. I just talked with them and I was told that I had 7 days from the day purchase. I was told I could have been using the website since I ordered the CD but I did not understand it that way. I was under the
    impression I had to wait for the CD for the information I needed. I asked for the refund but was told that I could cancel but the fee was non refundable. PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME. I am on disability and I certainly cannot afford this expense for nothing.

Thank you so much in advance.

Nancy Bassett

I do not have any other information on this company.

• Do
    Don Mays Sep 30, 2008

Why is this scamer still able to operate on the net? My complaint is the same as all others I've read. I agreed to the $2.95 charge for CD, which is totally useless, and then a week later a charge of $58.61 appeared on my account. The telephone number showing on the charge is ficticious so I'm unable to contact Business Source. The $2.95 was processed on 9/13/08 followed by the $58.61 unauthorized charge on 9/20/08. I'm not getting much support from the credit card company which is a whole different situation which only ad to the stress caused by this scamer.

• De
    Denise Elzey Oct 02, 2008

I was offered an opportunity to download grant information for $1.95 online. When I did, I noticed a week later that I had a charge in my bank account for $58.61. I received nothing for this amount, and when I tried to call the number listed, the recording said, your number cannot be completed as dialed. I could no longer access the site I paid the $1.95 to access, and the company would not answer my email. I want my money back and I want them stopped so they can't do this to anybody else!!! I see they have done it to a lot of people, and we need to do more then complain, we need to take action..

• Wa
    Walter Fukunaga Oct 17, 2008

I have bben scammed by Grant Guide in believing there was only a one time charge of $1.95. Instead my credit card was being billed $49.50 a month for software that does not work.
    When I call to complain, the telephone connection is so weak I hope my cancellation is processsed.

• Ju
    Judy barwick Nov 01, 2008

I to was scamed, they have taken 2 payments so far, I have to file a complaint with credit card co
    Beware

• Na
    nancy j blake Nov 07, 2008

Only 2.95 S&H and then they charge your card $58.61 for nothing

• Lu
    Lucia Glynn Dec 20, 2008

Grant Resource Guide is a RIPOFF!!! I am trying to start a small business and when I came across Grant Resource I thought there might be grant money availible from SBA. The only charge that I was aware of was shipping for a CD. All of a sudden I had a $49.50 charge showed up on my account that I did not agree to. These people kept calling me repeatibly. Several types when they would hang up. I attempted to call them back but my calls were never answered. Since my husband has been laid off from his job he has been here to answer. Some of there calls would have someone there. My husband told them I was at work and I had tried to call them back. None of my calls were answered. My husband asked them why I couldn't call them they just said they couldn't take incoming calls. I didn't even know there name until I got the CD from them. They have no web site, phone number or any way to contact them. The CD had nothing on it. The only way you can find out how to contact them you have to log in on the CD. If they were a reputible company there would be a 800 number and a web site. THEY ARE A. My bank is persueing them to collect the charges they took from my account.

• Lu
    Lucia Glynn Dec 20, 2008

This happened last week to Lucia Glynn

• Ca
    carolyne Mar 11, 2009

this company is BS. they are the devil! if someone is looking for a way to get a grant, they OBVIOUSLY dont have this kind of money! and they are doing this to people in THIS economy! my account is in the negative now because of these A-holes! and when you speak with these people, its like they are soulless. this company is a THIEVERY CORPORATION!!! every last person that works with that company is GOING TO HELL!!!

• Ca
    carolyne Mar 11, 2009

the contact number to this company is 1-800-235-1364. you have to be able to commit to spending some time on hold but they will eventually pick up.

Antoinnette Mar 17, 2009

Well I need to add my name to this list of the"been got" people.I thought that I was being charged $2.95 and $1.95 shipping charge.They got me for $58.95. My checking account is so" screwed".I do from time to time overdraw my account but this crazy when someone else can get away with this. I never in all honesty would have paid this much money for something I could have went to the library and borrowed any book on any grants for free.I am totally hot.

• De
    Debbie Mar 21, 2009

I also need to be added to this list, the website they gave me is to order the CD, there is no way to sign in. Before I received the CD they had charged my account the $49.50, I called several time as I never received my user name or password, they told me they emailed it to me 3 times which I never received, then they were emailing it again, I gave them an additional email address since mine was not receiving the email...WELL I still have not received the Email with my user name and password. It is extremely annoying, is there anything we can do ?

Andre Hamilton Mar 24, 2009

I Andre Hamilton requested grant information from the grant resource guide. I was told I that only $2.95 for shipping and handling would be deducted from my debit card, they took an additional $49.99 which was unathorized. My account was overdrawn an extra $25.89 which will cost me an additional $75.00. I would like for this phone call to be reviewed. So that my money will be reimbursed. I can be reach at 313-304-2291 or [email protected]

• Vj
    VJB May 10, 2009

I too was surprised to see the charge on my bank card. I called the 800#, left a message, and they did cancel my "membership" right away by e-mail via Judah Goldman
    GRG Customer Support, [email protected] I had also asked that they refund the money but that didn't happen. I'll call again. I'm sorry the rest of you got scammed. I was feeling stupid. I found their offer on chooseyourcolor.com to earn a free Macbook. I agreed to pay the initial $2.95 for the CD but never saw anywhere that it was a trial offer that needed to be cancelled. The guy who called did not mention it either. I read their confirmation e-mail but no terms were included. After the charge showed up on my bank statement I checked the e-mail message again and found more text, terms, were displayed ONLY if I was actually on-line. It said you had to call and cancel before the billing date but that date was not given. Can we get help from some agency like the Better Business Bureau or some office of Consumer Affairs? I welcome comments. Thanks and good luck.

• Mi
    Michael Allison Jun 05, 2009

I have tried to have a service fee disconnected numerous times and continue to experience the hardship of this company refusing to discontinue from my debit account. I have notified the bank only to learn that they will not stop the unauthorize monthly withdraw telling me that it has to be done by the company. I have called numerous times all numbers attach to this company only to find out that the numbers are not in service.

Please inform me as to how and who i am to speak with for reinbursement of the unauthorize fees they continue to take out of my account which is causing me diffulties.

Thank you in advance for your assistance in this matter.

Sincerely

Michael allison
    Contact number 609 - 392 - 1604

Jason Jun 13, 2009

We were looking for information regarding what grants are available and how to qualify for them. On 3/30/09 we saw this companies blog on the internet and thought this was just what we were looking for. After all it was only going to cost $2.95 for shipping and handling and we would receive an disk that will give us all the information we need to locate and apply for grants. They would only accept my debit card not my credit card, should have known something wasn't right. We received our bank statement and they did charge us $2.95 plus another 2 cent charge (unknown what this fee was for).

We received the disk on April 17th. The disk looked fine when you first look at it. But when you click on the available tabs only one opens up with information, the rest of them requests you to 'log in to the online resource center to access this content. Information to do this was e-mailed to you at the time you ordered your product'. Well, no e-mail was ever received. This disk did not give us any useful information at all. Since the contact tab also refered me to the online resource center, we did a internet search and found a reference to the [redacted] website. Now we got worried.

We contacted our bank and discovered that this company has charged us additional fees. On April 6th they withdrew $58.61 and a additional .47 cents from our account. We then contacted the companies phone number listed on our bank statement. They told us that we had ageed to this 'membership fee' in the email sent upon purchase of the product and you had 7 days to cancel or you will be charged a membership fee. (We hadn't even received the disk by the 7 day deadline). The email we never received. There was no mention of resending the email or giving us the website address, all they would say is you are not getting your money back.

So there goes $60 for nothing. We have cancelled the debit card that they have access to, so they can not charge us anymore fees.

Charged for nothing!!! Aug 10, 2009

I ordered the Grant Resource Guide and it charged me the S&H-Fine. I wrote down EVERYTHING that I had to cancel(Google, Grant Doctor, Free Credit Report...) and I made sure that I did. When they charged me my the $49.50 I called up and they were adiment that I hadn't canceled. She said that she couldn't do anything about it. Luckily my bank took care of it and I got issued a new card.After all that, it didn't work anyway When I put it in it asked me for some damn code that they had emailed me. Which they didn't. So, after all that hassle, I have NO grant info. Clark Howard was right I should have checked them out first! When in doubt, access Clark Howard's website. Good luck in your future indeavor's. Thank you R.E.S.

• At
    atm_88 Aug 22, 2009

WWW.THEGRANTRESOURCEGUIDE.COM is a big time ripoff..they called my house and got my mom to agree with a 2.95 charge for a package..as soon as i got home my mom told me about it so i googled it and thank GOD!!!my mom is now canceling her credit card..

• Ta
    TamNg Aug 27, 2009

well... i hope that who ever posted that phone number on this website would help me to get out of this scam... i just called them and luckily some one answered and asked for my infos and i told him that i would like to cancel my account, he did it... he kinda made it easy for me... but i'm not sure if i even believe him or not rght now. and not sure what to do!!!

• Gi
    Gianbattista Sep 10, 2009

I agree. They almost got me, but I was suspicious because the person who was talking to was a fast talker and I being a 77 year old man wasn't going to give them anything. I told them when the package arrived i would pay the postman, but the talker said the company doesn't work that the way, so I told him that I didn't know him and I didn't trust him. After reading all the complaints concerning this company, I'm glad I did what I did. I told the told caller to go forth and multiuply himself.

Pittsburgh, Pa.

• Re
    reallywantsjustice82 Sep 12, 2009

Well, I had to cancel my whole bank account and put a fraud alert on my credit reports, to protect myself. On aug 26th, they called late at night like 10pm. They already had all my info, they pretended like they couldn't hear me half the time on the phone. There was a lot of background talking and yelling. As soon as I hung up I looked up the supposed website IT WAS AN UNREGISTERED DOMAIN! It wasn't even a website yet. And the phone numbers were bogus! I even tried calling the number back they had called me on and the cancellation number they gave me. I immediately looked them up on Google and there are like 5 rip Off or scam complaint boards that these ### are on. I called my bank and froze my card, then I was up until like 2 AM with the credit bureaus. Then I panicked and moved all my money at the bank so I got charged like 3 overdraft fees. I got 2 of the 3 refunded by my bank. The company got the sh&h out of me but that was it! And they never sent me ANYTHING! I am going to report them to the BBB. They have made my life HELL for 3 weeks. And then last night they had the nerve to call me back, but I didn't get anywhere with the stupid bubblehead on the phone. YOU SHOULD ALL FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE BBB! AND FILING A LAW SUIT WOULDN"T BE A BAD IDEA EITHER, THIS SH*T IS WRONG AND I"M PRETTY SURE IT"S ILLEGAL!

• Ze
    Zenbob96 Oct 07, 2009

I was billed 49.95 for a product kit which I never ordered.

• Je
    JEN B 207 Oct 10, 2009

Well, I too have been scammed by this company. I paid the shipping and handling charge of $1.99 and also never received an e-mail or a package in the mail as they said. The rest of you had a much lesser charge taken out of your account they took $73.61 out of my account. I called the 800 number and I too got a "person" on the phone who tried to tell me I did authorize the charge for web access. Well the e-mail never came to access the account and it wasn't til yesterday that they tried to give me the user name and password. They refused to refund the money. They told me they knew I received the e-mail because they got confirmation from my e-mail account. If they have access to that information they should be able to tell that the bogus web site had never been accessed. They refused to let me speak to a supervisor, stating that this was not a matter for them and they were recording the call and if they felt to need they would intervene. They would not give me the information of the person who called because they live in another country and do not take incoming calls. He also said that he was resending the e-mail as we spoke, which I did not receive again. I was irate and they also are not a government program as they suggested they were. Finally, I knew I was not getting anywhere so I ended the call and immediately called my bank. I explained the situation and they were not shocked. They investigated the claim within the hour and had the claim had been proven to be fraudulent and my bank refunded the stop payment charge and the amount withdrawn from my account and they will get their money from them. I also agree that this company needs to be reported to the BBB and I will. I will join any lawsuit that is brought against them. THIS IS A SCAM PLEASE BEWARE AND DO NOT LISTEN TO ANYONE CALLING ABOUT GOVERNMENT GRANTS. THEY ARE NOT A GOVERNMENT PROGRAM.

• El
    Elora Oct 26, 2009

i ordered from them also i am on limited income cant afford to be scamed does any have suggestions as to what i should do they have both my credit cards

• El
    Elora Oct 26, 2009

i never received a e3mail after they kept calling and insisting that i order i cant afford to be scammed like this does any one have sujestions as to what i should do

• Fl
    floridians Oct 30, 2009

They called my son today (only 9 years old) and this guy tried to catch me, however I was working with my computer and when he gave me the web site I Google immediately. That is when I realized all these people sadly taking for this scam. I asked the guy" Is this the way o feed your family? Extorquing money from everyone?" Shame on you!!! Someone should something about this!!

• 2p
    2-pissed-2-protest Nov 20, 2009

Its outrageous, thegrantresourcecenter called me and said it would be a $1.99 taken off of my visa and they charged me $49.50 What can I do about this?

• He
    heavy jumbo Jun 09, 2016

I have paid monies for grant information I never received. I asked also to have my account canceled. Customer service was so willing to cancel as if they were used to the phone calls. Its criminal to charge my account $58.00 for charges I did not authorize. I was supposed to receive an information CD for information purposes only. The cost was $2.95 for shipping and handling. Never received it.This company is fraudulently operating and taking advantage of people. By the way, customer service informed me I would have to send an e-mail from the website to request a refund. The website contact screen does not work.

• Ju
    judeski Jun 09, 2016

After being solicited a number of times, I thought I would take a chance and spend the $2.95 for the free disk. The $2.95 was for shipping. 5 days later they charged my account an additional $58.61 which was unauthorized by me. The disk has a menu system but offers no information when selecting any menu item, only a message to logon online but gioves no address to log onto. This is a scam that others have fallen prey to.

Maybe the FBI can help?
    The U.S Postage on the disk mailer came from Salt Lake City, UT Permit 582

I want my money back.

The Las Vegas, Better Buriness Bureau phone number is (702) 320-4500.

• Ki
    kingflip Jun 09, 2016

they did the same thing to me

• Wy
    Wynell Jun 09, 2016

I had order a grant kit for $1.95, and I now I am being charged $49.50 every month for nothing. I had not received my kit and it looks like I am going have to close my bank account.

• Ke
    keshia Jun 09, 2016

the same thind is happening to me...how do you get this fixed?!?!

• Pa
    Patricia Whittington Jun 09, 2016

I have the same complaint as everyone else I was told that All I need is $1.95 for ac.d. for ligitimate government grants for school or businesses They sent me the disc approximately a month ago and yesterday on Oct. 16, 2008 taking out of my checking account which resulted in a $30.00 ins. fund fee I tried to call the no. the bank gave me and was put on hold for a good hour. I want all my money back I am pissed that people can get awy with this crap.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices