Grant Resource GuideStop before they take money

I made the mistake of signing up for the Free Grant Resource at $1.95 on 03/03/2009.
I could not get a email to go in to cancel membership as I seen this type of RIP OFF 2 years ago and they start taking money even if you do not use the system.
I have not and now they have my account #. I will wind up paying my bank $25. to block this company
from accesing my account unless I can make sure it is canceled.
Patrick M. Elliott
p.[protected]@verizon.net

• El
    ELAINE D Sep 05, 2008

I AM FILING A CLASS ACTION SUIT AGAINST THIS COMPANY!! I TOO WAS CHARGE 1.95 AND THEN 59.95. IF YOU WERE SCAMMED TOO EMAIL ME AT [protected]@COMCAST.NET TO GET INVOLVED IN THE CLASS ACTION!!!

• Ro
    Rose Sep 12, 2008

I purchased a grant resource guide for $2.95. Once I clicked ok and they had my credit card info I found out if you didn't cancel within 7 days you were charged $49.50/mo. I have attempted to call for more than a week straight, day and night and the phone with no answer. THIS COMPANY IS A RIP OFF!!!

• Mi
    michael forsythe Sep 13, 2008

i may be wrong but when they involved the us postal service this became a federal charge too. like others i was taken in by the scam. i am handling through my bank and i hope others can find a way too stop such things form happening to them also. this action is nothing more than stealing and should be prosecuted.

• Wa
    Wanda Corbett Sep 18, 2008

On September 12, 2008, I was charged $1.95 and $2.95, then they came back and charged my account $58.61. This company is the biggest scam, I've ever seen. I was suppose to receive a Grant Resource Guide for $1.95 in the mail to learn how to apply for free US Grant Money. I never receive the CD in the mail and I was charged all the charges mention above. I called the company to tell them to put my funds back in my account and the lst lady I spoke with stated that I have seven days to cancel my order of the CD or my account will be charged $58.61. I explained that If I ordered it on the 12th of Sept. and today is the 17th of Sept. then the 7 days are not in effect. She lied and said you order the CD on Sept. 9th. then she hung up. I called back and talked to a man, his version of the CD was a different one. He stated that no CD was to be mailed to my home as was stated on the website, that I would get an email with the access code to view the documents online. They refused to put the monies back into my account. I did not authorize them to take $58.61 out of my account. I was told by the man that I need to email there billing department about my complaint and not to involve my bank in the matter. SCAM, SCAM. I would like to join the class action suit.

• Le
    Levite Cormier Sr. Sep 19, 2008

I ordered the CD for $1.95
    Received the CD I was supposed to receive by email a user and password key, but never got and any. CD is useless.

• El
    Elizabeth Ragle Sep 22, 2008

Anyone out there know how I can stop these crooks from stealing my money. My bank also charges me some international service fee for 50 cents plus that $49.50! How disarming to know that there are people out there who will take advantge of those seeking honest help!!!

Sadiya Sellers Sep 29, 2008

I did the same thing! my city counsel sent me a message board on jobs and ways to get money to start a business and grant guide was one on the listings! So I went online and purchased the online access for 1.95. after just looking over the website I left it alone. I went on my checking account websit and saw that they had taking out 58.61. I was not sent a email to let me know that if I did not want the subscription to cancel niether was I sent an email comfirmation to let me know that I had subscribe to this service! Please can someone let me know what I should do to handel this situation!

• Mi
    mike kines Sep 29, 2008

on sunday sept 28th, I got a call from these people.I just called my credit card company. I told them about this scam.A company called grant research guide tried to scam me also .They wanted $2.95 for postage. If I didn't cancel within 7 day's I would charge $49.50 a month on my credit card. What my credit company did was cancelled my card an they were going to sent me a new card with new numbers, I told wasn't paying that bill.Anyone out there do not buy into this company.They WILL rip you off your account.[protected] is the a tried to call also. I could not get an answer.I'm hoping someone will catch these people. email by mike kines

• Yv
    Yvonne Fowler Oct 01, 2008

I want to thank you for allowing us to see your complaint. I have also been taken by this company. I will cancel my credit card also.

Thanks again.

• Ta
    Tamara Lesley Oct 04, 2008

We paid $2.95 for the Grant Resource Guide CD and received it in the mail. They say that they give you 7 days to unsubscribe from their newsletter but they are counting from the day that they sent it out. Needless to say, they took $58.61 out of our account one or two days after we received the CD. I unsubscribed to the Newsletter on the second day and did not receive a rebate back from them.
    We received the CD wanting to know our ID number which we did not receive in an e-mail so we cannot have access to the CD. How are we supposed to receive our ID number and information so that we can read the Grant Information. If you have any information to help me please e-mail me at: [protected]@sbcglobal.net. My name is Tamara, thank you very much.

nother victim Oct 06, 2008

i was also scammed i payed the 2.95 and just realized they took out fifty dollars, i need help im not sure what to do. Im pissed the reason i got this thing was to help me with my college debts and now i dont have enough money for rent. I should have guessed since it was based in the land of the devil. Las Vegas. if someone has really good advice or is taking legal action please contact me [protected]@aol.com

• Do
    Donna Oct 07, 2008

This is concerning a program of grants which the original cost was $2.95. They charged my account $49.50 without notifying me, and they took the money 3 months in a row. I want the money back. I am a senior citizen on a fixed income, and need the money for utilities.

• Me
    Melba Hargrove Oct 08, 2008

Another scam...

I was told that I had access to this data for the cost of $2.95 which appeared on my statement 9/18/08 - that's all. Needless to say, an addt'l charge of $58.61 appeard on 9/23/08, five days later. When I called questioning these charges, she said I had 5 days to cancel them even though they had already billed them. The young lady I spoke to me in an inferior manner.

Please note, I am currently disputing these charges because I am not liable for them.

• Ka
    Karen Folmar Oct 17, 2008

Not sure what state this company is in. I was on line and purchased a Grant Guide CD for just shipping of $4.95. Did not receive the CD but my Credit Card has been getting charged $49.50 for the last three months now. No one answers the phone that is on the bill just an automated voice and that refers you to the website. Once was able to leave a message and now I am getting charged double on my bill.

Jack R Wilson Oct 18, 2008

They did not give me a website URL or a way to open an email account with them.

• Rh
    Rhonda Towe Oct 23, 2008

You are told that the only thing you pay for purchasing this grant resource guide is $2.95 then they continue to charge you credit card $58.61.

This is ridiculous and worstless when you are ripped off like this

• Ju
    Julie Oct 25, 2008

I paid the $3 for shipping on their free cd and got the cd but then had been charged without my knowledge $49.50. I called and got the supervisor who said I agreed to this after the 7 day free trial, and that it was non-refundable. I am angry seeing that others are talking about the same place. I will get my money back.

• Do
    Donna L. Anderson Oct 25, 2008

Received the CD. It tells me all the resources where I can find information was e-mailed to me. Never got an e-mail.

Marc Oct 27, 2008

Had no email to access website. caleed the phone number on the CD Sleeve. number was not working.

J. Anderson Oct 31, 2008

I ordered this guide advertised for $2.95. I received the CD but didn't have time to use it right away. When I got my credit card bill, besides the $2.95 charge, I was also charged another $49.50 seven days later. There was no indication that there would be this last charge in any of the information that I could find. What can we do to get this back?

Thank you.

JOHN CLARK Nov 01, 2008

have i been scamed?PAID 2.95 FOR DISC SUPPOSE TO HAVE 7 DAYS TO REVIEW AND CANCEL, , , BUT IMMEDIATELY THEY DEDUCTDED 49.OO FROM MY ACCOUNT WHAT CAN I DO?

• St
    Steve Nov 03, 2008

I downloaded GRG's guide and purchased the CD. I called and cancelled within the 7 days but for some reason they can't find a record of it. They keep charging my card monthly for services they are not providing, plus I am getting calls from 3rd party companies that they sold my information to.

This seems to be a scam / rip-off type company that is out to charge you for nothing and wants you to do all of the work.

• Cy
    cyndy Nov 06, 2008

this was supposed to be a free 7 day trial, then if not satisfied, I could cancel. However, the charges were entered on my credit card before the trial period and I don't seem to be able to cancel, and they say they will charge my account $58.71 every month. I have notified my credit card to flag this and not allow any charges and am filing all complaints necessary.

• Be
    Betty Harris Nov 08, 2008

I have tried to reach someone to cancel this service, I only reach a recording. THey said this service was free. I will contact the bank and stop automatic draft.
    THere are so many illegal businesses coming from Las Vegas.

• Ri
    Richard Moore Nov 10, 2008

I was asked to pay $2.95 for a guide disk, and then 2 weeks later, I was charged $49.50 without my permission. I called the number on the sleeve, and it is not working. What are my options to try and get my money back??

• He
    Heidi Nov 11, 2008

I fell for this too...mortified. This Grant Resource Guide is a rip off. The $2.95 CD is now up to $60.00 plus...they just keep taking money from my account. Amazingly, when you call the service number to cancel "per the agreement" the phone is perpetually busy or rings for hours with no answer. Will have to fight the charges via my bank I guess. (insert swear words here!)

• Ca
    carrie Nov 12, 2008

i agree with both of you this is a total scam. i was told i would only have to pay the 2.95 for the cd and was never told about being charged anything else. and i made sure i asked the lady if there was any other costs to get the free cd. i emailed them to let them know i was not happy about the whole thing.
    email is [protected]@grantresearchguide.com and put in the subject box att. janet. then all you have to do is give them your name email adress phone number and address. and i made sure to make it a point to let them know the lady on the phone never told me i would be charged anything else for the disc but the 2.95 for shipping . i hope this helps you out.

• Ra
    RAY W BONNER Nov 17, 2008

Have been thying to cancel way befor the seven days, but the nunber the gave [protected] you get a recording never a real person now the recording comes on then all of a sudden you get a dial tone.Somthing is wrong with this picture. All i want is a refund an for them to cancel the program. Looking for type of help...

• Dr
    Drucilla Warren-Brown Nov 20, 2008

$2.95 ended up $49.5o monthly for a service I did not sign up for. I too ordered the Grant CD. When contacted for services, I declined but are billed on a monthy basis.

• Dr
    Drucilla Warren-Brown Nov 20, 2008

There is a lawyer in Florida of Broward County, he can be reached through Channel 7 News as help me Howard.

• Pa
    PalmBeachVictim Nov 21, 2008

I have the same problem with Grant Resource Guide. They advertise to pay only the shipping cost of $2.95 but then a month after they debit my credit card of $58.61 without my approval. It was ashamed that they do that to someone is currently out of job. When I try to call the 800 number, I was on hold for more than 1/2 hour then it was disconnected. Try to call them again three time with no avail. I don't know how and where to report of this scam business. The direct debit caused me an overdraft fee. I ask the Bank to dispute the charges but they are unable to do so and suggest me to contact the GRG company and have them to credit it back. Please let me know how to report this scam. I need my money back. Thank you.

• Lu
    luisa guarisco Nov 23, 2008

i purchase a cd and a trial the info was to be emailed to me. Did not recieve any info but my cc is being charged.

Cheryl Garcia Nov 27, 2008

I fell for the scam. Am I pissed off. My bank cancelled my card against any future charges. A fast tslking woman at 888. 276-8105 named Ryae took my debit card #. I should have been more aware and followed my instincts and not given her permission. This amounts to interstate criminal enterprise and should be pursued by federal authorities. I suggest we all file a federal class action. They also pas them selves off as a Federal Funding program. Get in touch if interested. by email

James Ray Nov 29, 2008

Too many complaints and there is nothing much to this cd. I am stopping any future charges and there is no one answering the phone. I am going to fight to get my $59.78 back.

Jo Hagen Dec 19, 2008

I could not use these services, tried to resign from any further connections, and still charged for their services on my credit card.
    J Hagen

joni Jan 06, 2009

They got me too

Antoinette Jan 23, 2009

I signed up for a 2.95 charge for shipping and handling, but suppose to be a free cd that i never recieved.Then they charged my credit card 58.61, without my knowledge or permission.I was told this material was free and not informed of any other charges.I did not find out about the charges until i recieved my credit card bill.This is a rip off, what kind of people feel like they have to steal from others to excell in business.This is unexceptable, to mislead and steal from others, a total scam!I work to hard for my money to have someone like this to steal it.
    Antoinette

Chad Jan 30, 2009

I applied and recieved my grant cd and am unable to log on, tried calling them and went streight to hold for 20 minns.

Chad Jan 30, 2009

applied and recieved cd, cant log on and charged 50$ tried calling put on hold for 20 minns before I hung up.

• Br
    Bryan Q Jan 31, 2009

I too was scammed I was told that I would recieve a minumum of 25000 dollars or my money would be returned too hell with this company. I got the cd rom from them and when I put it in the pc there was nothing just a blank disk