Grand Getaways Vacation Travel ClubIt's a scam

You can't get prices from them it's almost impossible. I spent more time playing phone tag with them. To be honest this has been nothing but a headache dealing with them. Not to mention once you finally get a hold of them I would always get way better prices than them on hotels. It took three weeks to get a condo price down at Rocky Point Mexico, that I had better prices from Redweek.com on. They had done some more research for a better price. They finally came in with a better price, wow it was like pulling teeth... Why did they not have that price for me to begin with... They're suppose to give me the best prices and they don't. I have to do a ton of work for a vacation club company that I paid for... Believe it or not they don't even know how to research great prices for vacations.. I have to do the work to get prices myself and by the time you get a hold of them they come in with some outrageous prices... oh but don't worry they'll match the price... so basically on every trip that I want to take I have to do all the work to have them match it... so tell me what the heck did I purchase???? It's a Scam...

I called for a price to stay at the Westin in Cancun. I wound up booking it without them, they couldn't touch the price I got... Not to mention it was such a hassle to deal with them... The one vacation I booked with them in Rocky Point it took like two months to get a hotel confirmation from them that we had to continually call and ask for... I paid for this vacation in full like two months ago and couldn't get a confirmation from them. What type of company is this??? They take your money without any type of confirmation??

We had several family members call to get prices they receive the same type of run around. They don't want to use this company either it's way to much work for something you have to research on your own anyhow... What's the point??

I contacted the credit card company and I will not pay a penny more for this type of no service...

Beware of this company it's a definite scam...

• Pa
    Patricia Bianca Nov 20, 2016

Grand Getaways keeps calling me every 3 to 4 months asking for over 500.00 for my yearly membership, not only do I get annoyed with them but they
    get really snotty and rude with me, so now I just tell them I am too busy to speak with them, doesn't pay to argue with them it gets you nowhere, I too am trying to sell my membership I told them too, I would be willing to give away my membership just to not have to bother with this crazy, sleazy company ever again.

• I totally agree with what the individual had to say above. You are absolutely exhausted from dealing or haggling with them about your vacation. If you had a normal agent, you simply tell them what you are looking for and they research it and get back to you with options. The agent at Go Grand Getaways kept my husband on the phone nearly for an hour while she was trying to navigate her inventory and basically came up with nothing that could compare to what we found on the internet ourseleves. It is extremely difficult trying to plan anything with this company. I've had my membership for nearly three years and have never ever used their services and I only paid a small price of $4900!!!

• GrandGetaways Jul 31, 2011

We apologize for the experiences you describe. We would love the opportunity to speak with you. We do stand by our promises and pride ourselves on providing the best value to our members. Please call us so that we may work with you to resolve these issues to your satisfaction. Contact our Quality Assurance Team directly at [protected].

• Ea
    Earsil Grahaam Sep 19, 2009

We spent a large part of our life savings on this scam.We are senior citizens living on a small retirement check. Does anyone know how we all could work together on this and get one of the T.V.shows involved., shows such as 60 minuets or American Greed etc. This would make a great segment for them.I feel sure there would be lots of people who could give testimony needed.