Golden Eagle LeasingUnauthorized charges

I have paid a total of $8, 000.00 to Golden Eagle Leasing LLC on a $300.00 piece of equipment. When I noticed a monthly charge on my bank bill, and I wasn't sure what it was for (I have many, unfortunately, and it is hard to keep track) I decided to cancel it. I found out that it was a credit card machine I had been paying on for years. I quickly wrote a letter to cancel the lease, but the company kept billing my bank. I canceled with my bank, yet four months later, Golden Eagle hit my account for another $1, 200.00. Again, I canceled with my bank. Golden Eagle continues to contact me with statements, phone calls, reporting to credit agencies, etc. even though I have written several letters to them over the last year. I just received another statement today stating that I owe them an additional $2, 170.40. I would like to sue this company for the money that they have taken from my account.

• Jj
    Jjam27 Feb 18, 2012

I highly suggest filing a claim with the NY BBB and the attorney general his name is Eric Schneiderman. I filed one a month or so ago With both. Everything is online very easy. No one seems to get anywhere with these people, it's ridiculous!

• Br
    brandon dege Mar 07, 2011

i once had an acct with golden eagle for the extent of 4 years. i was told by golden eagle that when i send my credit card terminal back to equipment processing center in NY NY, that my acct would be closed upon return of the item. they continued to charge me for 2 additional months. i had to call them again, and give them tracking info and signed by info of the return before they stopped charging me. i thought my golden eagle days were a thing of the past.
    so, exactly 1 year later... 1 week ago. i was charged $205.84 by golden eagle. i first contacted my bank to go through the neccessary dispute charges crap. i called golden eagle 10 minutes ago. they tell me the charge is for un-accesed property taxes on my machine that i was not charged throughout my contract. all he could tell me is why i was charged the $205.84. i asked the "agent" if their is someone there, preferably in accounting, that i could speak with about this issue. he told me no, the charge will stand, and he noted my call.
    what a bunch of crooks!!! how are they still in business treating there customers like this???

• Sp
    SportsFans Collectibles Feb 17, 2010

Have been charging for equipment that I no longer have in my possesion, or am using.

• Ve