Complaints & Reviews

customer service

I have been trying for 2 wk to get a hold of this co. They are supposed to call me back within 2 hrs. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. There is no way to leave a message, I've been put on hold for 1/2 hr, at which time I hang up out of frustration.

I work also, so when they call back I may not be available. The number they leave is the general number and the whole process starts over.

I'm being charged $5.96 for a collect call I did not authorize. I feel as though globaltelelink puts you through this frustration so you'll give up and pay. Which I refuse to do.

• Bo
    Bob Nov 06, 2008

Their correctional facility phone system is cumbersome and user unfriendly. When you have a problem you cannot get a "voice" to talk to. On their automated return your call system, they called me back one hour later and after picking up my phone and waiting no one was on the line to talk to me. And these people market themselves as advanced and creative telecommunications people and their systems are third world. The frustration is unbelievable. You cannot even email them on their web page.
    To any lawyer reading this my question is; all the monies they have as unused credit balances (because you can't get a hold of anyone) if they take that money into income instead of really trying to get it back to the correct customer charge card, is that fraud? and if it is the monies involved because of very high volumes of customers must be big dollars. Maybe this should be investigated for a possible class action law suit.

• Gh
    Ghoshal Sep 03, 2009

This is the worst company to take calling service from.

They have terrible service. They call at odd hours. They dont understand the meaning of the word "NO".

They renew your account without asking you.

Their agents have no self respect. They are worse than a dog's tail...they just dont get it.

Please steer clear of these people. Do not entertain them if you receive a call for a service offer.

• Ha
    harry randhawa Apr 13, 2010

Last one month I have been receiving 4 to 5 calls a day on my mobile but when answered no one says a word I tried calling back and the number belongs to global telelinks. I have never used their service

• Ee
    eeyorelover22003 Apr 13, 2010

It's someone trying to call you from a prison somewhere!
    They probably have the wrong number.
    I wouldn't answer tho because I don't know if they are able to charge you for a minute just by you answering the call.
    Maybe you should call your provider and get the number blocked.
    Just a thought

• Ji
    Jinks412 Jun 10, 2010

Global Telelink is robbing all of us. We are trying to organize a boycott of this company for a couple of months. Think of the money they will lose of all of us stop using their phones for 2 months. Our numbers are in the thousands and they will have to listen to our concerns. We are being taken advantage of because our loved ones have no say in the phone service they are allowed to use while incarcerated. We can use all the help you can give us. Let's get together and make this company lower their rates and give us the respect paying customers deserve. Email [email protected] com

BmanB Sep 08, 2011

Global Telelinks is a company that does provide cheap VOIP services based in india, claim to be based in Switzerland.

DO NOT Fall for any traps, this Global Telelinks is a fraud company. Once they have your credit card number, they will deduct money from your account without asking you..and fill up talktime that you dont need.

So far I have bee victimized twice this year, in spite of having complained the first time. Now waiting for a resolution the second time!

BmanB Sep 08, 2011

Worst part - when You call to complain, agents call back and harass, saying they'll loose their job and all kinds of emotional blackmail, and beg to withdraw your complaint!!!

Global Telelinks Fraud Cheat Makes Unauthorized Deductions.

un authorised deduction from credit cards

after repeated conversation with regard to the un audthorised deduction from my credit card account, globa telelinks still deducting monies from account and after severior warning they agreed to pay but until to day not received my monies.

Sanjay Joshi Jul 17, 2010

Same thing happened to me!
    These are fraud people--Never ever get into their stupid traps. They will make on & off calls & get you hooked.
    I have already laodgeg a complaint against them in Bangkok for fraud & maoney claim back--Sanjay Joshi in Bangkok

• Gl
    Global Telelinks Support Oct 14, 2011

Global Telelinks follows 3D secure payment gateway for all online transactions and therefore there is no room for uninformed transactions.

Still we would request you to kindly follow your details to [email protected] and we would surely look in to the matter.

Thanks,
    GTL Support Team

misrepresentation while selling the service

Beware do not deal with this company unless you wanted to get cheated.

Got a call from a global telelinks agent on 11th april 2009

I was told by global telelink agent (Sharanya) that for calling from singapore to india

If I buy their service worth sgd 300, I will become a vip member. She wanted me to provide my credit card details. Luckily I did not provide the details. Made payment through the website.

Vip members will get 6sgd cents per minute, calling from singapore to india. These minutes will have a lifetime validity. Also some bonus points will be available...

Over the phone I was told sgd300 (@6cents) will be converted to 5000minutes of calling time singapore to india.

However to my surprise after making payment actually got less than 3700 minutes, also found out that there is nothing like a vip membership and the minutes will expire in 4 months

After 6 to 7 emails to their support center and several calls, I have this issue unresolved.

• Su
    suria Aug 26, 2009

I also have a similar problem with this company. Agent kept calling me many many times to sign up for this service. However, after payment, realised that I couldnt make international calls using this service. Technical support wasnt useful either. It's been 4 months since i requested for a refund and till today, have not received a response. They will also not divulge contact information of their upper management staff.

unauthorized charge and non-refund of my money

I am very frustrated with this company. They put an unauthorized charge of $55 on my credit card and then...

harrasment

Just to reconfirm that global tele links absolutely harass you and spoil the peace of your home.

In particular tele marketer nesha patel. She is absolutely thick in the head or thick skinned... Even after telling her we are not interested in the service she persitently calls my home. Then to make matters worse she has asked someone in the accounts department to consisitently call me. Fortunately the guy from accounts seems to have some sense and he has not called again... But if I get another call I will take this matter to the highest level possible

overcharging&misleading information

I have been the member of this crap company globaltelelinks.net they hook you up (Trap) you by saying we are giving you the best rates than anyother company on the globe

Than starts the real cheat they will say you that your time limit on your purchased minutes is going to expire soon if you want to keep them from expiring than give them more money to put more minutes in your account. Then they will insist if you put more money. Than your minutes will be extended for life
Time (Which is a pure scam it only get extension of just 5months) they also have withdrawn 5dollars from my accont without my consent be very carefull of them an enquiry has pursued to saatle this issue let"s see what happens

• Er
    erdin Jun 15, 2009

This globaltelelinks.net is one of the shitest company i ever came up with.
    charged me 100 pound and didnt get nothing in returns.
    please guys save your money dont ever give your details to them. if they call u unnecessarily just swear at them and hang up

• Pr
    priyanka h Aug 30, 2009

hi
    i m priyanka from aus

i have been the member of this crap company GLOBALTELELINKS.NET (mumbai dept)

the service is good noting problem about the service but they give u wrong commitment. while taking the service they told me it's an refundable service but wen i ask the to give the started neglecting me. they all r just cheater they don't give u the refund at all so pls guys be aware of global telelinks

i was having round about 65 $
    global guys put that in your ###

okk
    thank's
    priyanka

set up to be ripped off

I was not satisfied with this company, so I asked for
them to cancel. Unbeknowing to me, they did not
honor my request. They continued to service and bill me for calls that I believed were being paid for
through my local telephone carrier. They have placed a block on my number, and now my son is unable to call home. I have since placed a second request for cancellation via fax and on the phone with a rep who was rude and insensitive to the
situation. I am refusing to pay them, and I am also
seeking legal counsel. This company should be banned from servicing the public.

call details

For the last fifteen days, we have been requesting Customer Service Rep, Global Telelinks Canada Inc.,
Brampton, Ont, through telephone and by sending faxes to send call details for long distance calls for the period from Nov 01, 2007 to Jul 31, 2008 for our telephone No [protected] which we have already paid to them. But they are not sending inspite of repeated requests. The call details are required urgently as a evidence in a court case. You are therefore requested to please advise Global Telelinks Canada Inc, 15 Ryckman Lane, Brampton, Ont, L6P 0C8, Ontario.

repeated calling /haressing/teasing

Global telelinks a company from india calls up almost daily and it is since bout this jan 2008. I clearly...

unauthorized money withdrawal.

Dear Sir,
I had been a customer of Global Telelinks for the past one year. On 4th September 2008 I had referred one of my friends to their agent. He had taken all her bank account number claiming that it was for verification and had deducted SGD300.00 from her account without her consent. After calling them day in and day out they finally refunded SGD276.00. When asked about the other SGD24.00 they said it is for the transaction. I can assure you that my friend had not authorized any such transaction and they are trying to charge me SGD24.00 for that. I even had a letter from their customer service agent claiming to have refunded SGD300.00 but we received only SGD276.00. I would like to request you to look into this issue. I already see a number of complaints about this company in your website. Thanks.

• Al
    Alexander Jun 14, 2009

Yeah thats true. These Global Tele Links people are doing our Debit/ Credit card transactions without informing us. When you use Global tele Links services, they are storing our Debit/ Credit card details in their databases for later purpose. I heard that call center executives has some daily limit to complete i.e SGD300, if they fail to finish this limit they are doind transactions without asking the customers. Once they comple this deadline they will recieve some incentives. Because of this they are doing Unauthorized money transactions.

• Po
    polcastillo Jul 08, 2009

these are bunch of crocs!! i top up US$50, one month ago, I cannot make a call from the time i top up. i emailed the support services, one indian guy called me and we hardly understand each other!! very bad english! i just told him my concern.. later on i received an email saying that my concern has been resolved.. when i log in again and try to make calls- STILL NOTHING HAPPENS!!! it's more than a month now.

I've been very patient to this company for it happened also to me before.. everytime they make an upgrade for their system, they will not notify you... all your access are blocked, all your calls will fail simply because they are already working with the new system- they call it NEW COMMUNICATOR!

may God forgive you for your lies!!! very inferior quality service!!!

take advantage of everyone!

Global tel link are crooks! Tthey take advantage of the families who have loved ones in jail and prison!!!...

terrible price and service

My family has 'had' to use Global Tele Link because we are held hostage since they are the ONLY...

quality of service!

Beware !!! The worst service of phone cards which anyone you can see. Always deducts more minutes from your...

fraud & cheating!

If anyone of you are using services of Global Tele Link, be very careful while sharing your bank account ...

lack of truth in advertising

Very disappointed w/ Global Telelinks - http://www.globaltelelinks.net/usa/superabout.asp

- Their inability to route calls threw' THEIR network when the call originates from a Cell Phone (whose number is properly registered in the account) - resulting in a huge charge from my Svc Provider (in this case happens to be Cingular).

- Their inability to communicate these issues up and across divisions and get this resolved.

- Their inability to expunge my info. from their records after repeated pleas (from my part) and promises (from their side) :-(

People beware!!!

• Av
    A Victim Jul 13, 2007

Very pure service, not trusty, cheating customers.

I brought the prepaid service from an offer to call to India from USA for 7 cents. I brought this service and when I start to call, its saying 7.9cents per minute. My experience, they just giving too many offers, but they are not eager to keep it. I and several call to get back my money. Finlay, I made a dispute through my credit card company and they force them to return my money after 2months email and phone call. Very pure service, not trusty, cheating customers.

• As
    Ashok Shah Aug 24, 2008

We bought the service for an offer of 7 cents call India from USA .
    Pre paid $100 but after couple of months they started calling if i do not renew my acocount means i do not add more funds to my account I will loose my funds.
    They are just keepin a GUN on you to add more funds to your account or loose your balance, I have more than $30.00 balance in my and have lost the same.
    They keep on calling from India and do not have any office in USA.

PLEASE BE AWARE OF THIS TYPE OF FRUAD COMPANY OR YOU LOOSE YOUR MONEY.

Mark keyworth Aug 24, 2008

I to was a dumy. i was on a survey, took the trial offer and got scamed. there were no phone numbers on the offer but i thought there would be with the trial shippment.NOT, only a web sight. when i went to bring it up, all that would come up was a picture of the bottle of colonsmartcleasner, when i clicked on the bottle it would take me to another sight. i tried several times the same thing kept happening. So there i found a phone number so i called it. they kept saying they had nothing to do with colonsmartcleasner.needless to say i was very angry.then i thought well when it comes in i would just put on it return to sender and wait for a refund. well it never happend... my bank said they couldnt do anything for thirty days from the day i sent it back. so i waited filled the dispute and waited four days for the results.. well then i get the results from my bank... NOT HAPPY my bank sends me some copys off the internet from colonsmart stating there is only one way you can receive a refund.you have to follow four steps. one of thoughs steps are they do not except Return to sender packages as a way for refund. what they dont say is that package i sent back is theirs now and you get nothing for $88.98.now it said nothing about ANY policys when i ordered the free samples.and when i got the free samples it had nothing of any policys either. so im out the money and the FAKE product(COLONSMARTCLEASNER). OH DID I MENTION YHE PRODUCT DID NOTHING... I TOOK THE SUPPOSEDLY FREE SAMPLES AND HAD NO REACTION !!! if there is anyone out there that can help me get my money back.i would be very happy... [email protected] TO EVERYONE------ STAY AWAY FROM COLONSMARTCLEASNER !!! THERE A RIPOFF !!!

1 minutes ago by Mark Keyworth [send email]
    i forgot to mention the paperwork my bank got off the internet was dated july 10th 2008 REVISED. this was 2 mth. after i sent mine back. when i got my (FREE) sample.i couldnt get on their web site to cancel nor did they have a phone number... COLONSMARTCLEASNER IS A RIPOFF...

unauthorized withdrawal of money

I was using services of Global Telelinks for International call from USA. Last month their agent, who was calling from India, called me to recharge my account but I told him that I don't want to recharge my account because i was going out of country. The people from the company kept calling me but i refused them. I even ignored their calls... Then I suddenly came to know that the company withdrew $55 from my account, illegally and without my authorization. I called to their office (Agent Imran) he said that he drew money presuming that I need to recharge my account. Agent Imran is a big thief... During conversation he told me that I could not have my money back. I called to their office again in the evening, talked to the supervisor (a lady) she said that I would get my money back in two days. But I never received my money back. But after one week I called them again on Friday (May 11, 2007). The company (agent Kamal) told me not to worry about I would get my money back in two days. After four days I called them again and I was promised again by Customer Manager (Ms. Smriti) that I would receive a call in 12 hours but I don't believe her. It is proved that all the agents in the company are thieves, liar and cheaters. I also sent them two email begging them for refund my money.

Mushtaq Hussain
Phone / Account No.[protected]
Virginia USA

• Sr
    srinivasan praba Feb 10, 2015

me too was forced to use global telelinks services by global telelinks agent, as im working in singapore. Initially was registered with S$25 for January 2015. Later on i could not get proper feedback from them if the call could not complete. Feb 2015 without my premises they used my card to transfer S$75. As i cam to know from my account statement. I kept sending email everday until today but no reply from Global Telelinks. I am going to file legal action on Global Telelinks.

Such a fake company .

chitti chirutha Jan 26, 2016

global-telelinks Fraud Below is Whatsup Chat with Agent
    01/15/2016, 12:14 PM - Eshanth Global: Hi
    01/15/2016, 12:14 PM - Eshanth Global: Sir
    01/15/2016, 12:14 PM - Eshanth Global: What hapend
    01/15/2016, 12:14 PM - Eshanth Global: Can u apdate ur account today
    01/15/2016, 12:43 PM - chitti chirutha: Hi was in meeting call me Saturday or Sunday
    01/15/2016, 12:43 PM - chitti chirutha: Week days will be busy
    01/15/2016, 4:08 PM - Eshanth Global: Ok
    01/16/2016, 12:23 PM - Eshanth Global: Call
    01/16/2016, 12:23 PM - Eshanth Global: Pick
    01/16/2016, 12:23 PM - Eshanth Global: Plz
    01/17/2016, 12:12 PM - Eshanth Global: Chiti sir don't do like that
    01/17/2016, 12:12 PM - Eshanth Global: At list do a singal recharge
    01/17/2016, 12:13 PM - Eshanth Global: U r creating problem for my job
    01/17/2016, 12:31 PM - chitti chirutha: Please don't call can't argue or explain
    01/17/2016, 12:31 PM - chitti chirutha: Don't disturb me
    01/17/2016, 1:06 PM - chitti chirutha: I am saying serious plz don't call
    01/17/2016, 4:26 PM - Eshanth Global: If u not recharge the account ur 50 dolar will dictated outomaticly
    01/17/2016, 4:27 PM - Eshanth Global: And my salary will also didadcted
    01/17/2016, 4:27 PM - Eshanth Global: Up to u what u want
    01/18/2016, 10:24 AM - Eshanth Global: Check ur account credit 50 dolar
    01/18/2016, 1:10 PM - chitti chirutha: Why?
    01/18/2016, 1:36 PM - Eshanth Global: Let us see
    01/18/2016, 1:36 PM - Eshanth Global: I have lost my salry just becose u
    01/18/2016, 1:48 PM - chitti chirutha: Is it ?
    01/18/2016, 1:49 PM - chitti chirutha: Why like that?
    01/18/2016, 1:56 PM - Eshanth Global: When we ask for some doler welu in custmars account .for customer stasfatin .thy ask after that customer will do recharge .we say yes .if customer not rechage in that case thy diduct same from our salry
    01/18/2016, 1:59 PM - Eshanth Global: 😄
    01/18/2016, 2:00 PM - chitti chirutha: If customer not interested,
    01/18/2016, 2:00 PM - chitti chirutha: Not your fault rite?
    01/18/2016, 2:01 PM - Eshanth Global: That's why we ask to custmer
    01/18/2016, 2:01 PM - Eshanth Global: After getting the amount will u recharge ur acout
    01/18/2016, 2:02 PM - Eshanth Global: Thy say yes
    01/18/2016, 2:03 PM - chitti chirutha: How can I get the amount
    01/18/2016, 2:03 PM - chitti chirutha: ?
    01/18/2016, 2:05 PM - chitti chirutha: Next month also they deduct from your salary
    01/18/2016, 2:05 PM - chitti chirutha: ?
    01/18/2016, 2:05 PM - Eshanth Global: Not also
    01/18/2016, 2:06 PM - Eshanth Global: I have ask some more time..
    01/18/2016, 2:06 PM - Eshanth Global: U do rechage
    01/18/2016, 2:06 PM - Eshanth Global: Na
    01/18/2016, 2:07 PM - Eshanth Global: In 25 I I ll give 5 extra
    01/18/2016, 2:10 PM - chitti chirutha: Not interest, because I worrying money deduct from my account automatically
    01/18/2016, 2:10 PM - Eshanth Global: I will do now that
    01/18/2016, 2:11 PM - chitti chirutha: I said not interested, why you do that?
    01/18/2016, 2:11 PM - Eshanth Global: We can't do that that's y it is not hapend yet
    01/18/2016, 2:12 PM - chitti chirutha: Then why you scare me bro?
    01/18/2016, 2:13 PM - Eshanth Global: If u I'll do its good other wise will do it towmmorow to save my salry
    01/18/2016, 2:13 PM - Eshanth Global: With
    01/18/2016, 2:15 PM - Eshanth Global: Do u want to know ur card nmber
    01/18/2016, 2:15 PM - Eshanth Global: Cvv
    01/18/2016, 2:15 PM - Eshanth Global: Expi dat
    01/18/2016, 2:15 PM - Eshanth Global: 3d passs
    01/18/2016, 2:16 PM - chitti chirutha: But if you do that's fraud rite?
    01/18/2016, 2:30 PM - chitti chirutha: Maybe I will do next month
    01/18/2016, 2:31 PM - chitti chirutha: Because I want to try Skype this month as I told you
    01/18/2016, 2:42 PM - Eshanth Global: No bro try this mont I ll give u best call qality
    01/18/2016, 2:42 PM - Eshanth Global: For saving the salry I have to do that
    01/18/2016, 2:44 PM - Eshanth Global: It is the last time
    01/18/2016, 2:45 PM - Eshanth Global: Then go eny where I don't care
    01/18/2016, 2:45 PM - Eshanth Global: I have lostof custmer
    01/18/2016, 2:45 PM - Eshanth Global: Who trust on me
    01/18/2016, 2:46 PM - chitti chirutha: I trusted that's why I do recharge that day
    01/18/2016, 2:46 PM - Eshanth Global: Give prmison 10 dolar or I'll do 50
    01/18/2016, 2:46 PM - Eshanth Global: Up to u what u want
    01/18/2016, 2:47 PM - Eshanth Global: I will call ur friend by ur name .
    01/18/2016, 2:48 PM - Eshanth Global: Chitti babu .plz do a singal recharge bcos I don't want do eny thing ring whith u
    01/18/2016, 2:49 PM - chitti chirutha: I want to be nice, I want to do, but next month
    01/18/2016, 2:50 PM - Eshanth Global: OK u can use next month I I'll do recharge towmmoro
    01/18/2016, 2:50 PM - Eshanth Global: It is vailid for 3month
    01/18/2016, 2:51 PM - Eshanth Global: Try to understand I don't want to get Didact salry
    01/18/2016, 2:53 PM - chitti chirutha: Let me think for this week
    01/18/2016, 2:56 PM - chitti chirutha: You said difficult to customer, but now why you want to loose me?
    01/18/2016, 2:57 PM - chitti chirutha: No I worrying next month also you force me like this, if not interested

absolute wastage of money!

I have taken calling card from Global-Telelinks to call India from USA, and paid almost more that $200, but...