Gehan Homesgehan homes the settlement in gruene

T Review updated:

Put a contract on a home and made our selections for structural grade. They told us there was a standard elevationn and one that cost 8, 000. They also had an option to lengthen the garage 3 feet for another 3 thousand or so. We told them we didn't know if we wanted that until we see what the design center options were. We were told we have to select now but if we want to change we would could as long things had not gotten started. We asked several times how much the options would be to get the house like the model as we weren't interested in the standard home. We were told not to worry about that elevation cost because if we loaded the house up completetly like the model it wouldn't add more than about 40, 000 to the home. So we trusted and went to the design center and chose significantly less options than the model had and the price of the Home inflated more than a whopping 120, 000 dollars. So we had to cut all the options we were sold on and we called the sales office and asked if they could change the elevation to the standard and take off the 3 feet in the garage so we could use that in the house. Not unreasonable I thought because they haven't even cleared the lot, much less started building anything.

We were shut down and told no because supposedly and architect had looked at the plan. I even offered to pay a fee to let the architect approve the elevation change. Not that that should even be needed since I know you build these same floor plans all over the neighborhood.

We were very pleased till this happened. But know I can assure you I will never refer anyone to your company and will be very anxious to share my fate with others. It would have taken very little on your part to accommodate this request. You need to have a serious look at how you trap customers into options they they would not choose if all the cards were on the table.

How can anyone know which structural options they want to comment to if the aren't given all the information at once? We were way way way mislead on the cost of the design center to get the home we wanted. We were repeatedly told " you don't need to worry about that you are are so far under budget now the worst case scenario will be 40k and you get everything you. $120, 000? Really? Are you kidding? And you can't change the elevation even though the house hasn't been started? Really? Really?????
Unbelievable. Buyer beware is the word I'm putting out there. There is still time to fix this though if you call me back and change the elevation and shorten the garage on the house you haven't even started and let my wife use that money to change a couple of the design center options you cheated her out of. But you better hurry.

Tommy Wood [protected]

• Jc
    JCR82 Jul 28, 2019

Did this ever get resolved? Who was your sales person? Did y’all end up building the house and are you happy with the outcome?