GE Profile Gas Range Model PGB918SEM1SSParts melting

GE Profile gas range model PGB918SEM1SS. The burner knobs on this stove are made of plastic with a fake stainless steel veneer. The heat from the oven vents, (a row of vents located directly below the burner knobs) is melting the knobs. These knobs (6 of them) cost a whopping $35 each to replace with the same type of knob, which will simply melt again unless all the knobs are removed when the oven is in use. Real stainless steel knobs are not available.

Also, the round burner caps over the gas burners are melting around the edges.

• Je
    Jeffrox Oct 24, 2011

I have had the same problem with mine. The money spent on this thing was a good chunk of change. A design flaw. The ( D ) shape of the knob is all that is required. Probably a standard size with all D shaped knobs. I'll go to another company that has real stainless steel knobs. Just might have to accept the possibility that the finish might not match

• Li
    LindaRS Mar 03, 2012

I have the exact same problem with my GE stove. Does anyone know if GE is willing to resolve this issue?

• Ki
    kittenje Oct 11, 2012

Same issue with mine. They are unwilling to help but 'kindly' offer to sell you the same crummy replacement parts which will also no doubt fail for almost $20 each (x6!)

HORRIBLE SERVICE AND HORRIBLE QUALITY PRODUCT.

chloebear Jun 01, 2013

I am having same problem with my burner caps and also the knobs, they do not make my stove any longer. What do we expect the stove was made in MEXICO! For what we spent on these stoves they should warrant the parts for the life of the appliance!

• Nm
    NMSunLover Jun 04, 2013

FYI - I called GE Customer Service at [protected]. They are shipping me new knobs for $2.66 each (instead of regular price of $39.50 each!!). The new knobs are all METAL, not plastic !!

• Ro
    Ron Henry Sr Jul 14, 2015

FYI, I had the same problem with my thermal oven knob cracking internally and a burner knob melting. All four burner caps look like s___ from melting around the edges. I did call customer service and asked about replacing the knobs with metal knobs and was told that they could sell me new knobs at between $30 and $35 each. I have replaced the two knobs and and 4 burner caps through Amazon at a much cheaper price; however, the package states that it is a "GE genuine renewal part" on the package and was made in Mexico. The url, on the package, is www.GEAPPLIANCES.COM. I will never-never buy another GE product.