Free Real Player DownloadUnable to cancel subscription

K

I signed up for the free real player download. I found this to be a non user friendly item, and tried to cancel the "subscription" several times with no reply or effect. The firm still charges me regularly 11 euros + 6,95 euros per month for "RealMusic" and so called "tonePASS". I just want to get rid of that contract as soon as possible, and want to get my money back, so would someone please help me to cancel the subscription!!!

Reference numbers:

RN *REALMUSIC [protected]

RN *REALARCADEGAMEPASS [protected]

RN *RN TONEPASS [protected]

With regards,
Kirsi Bruck.

• Es
    esaam Jul 09, 2007

Download realplayer for nokia 6233.

• Di
    Dieter Schaerer Aug 14, 2007

I get charged for the same three contracts without ever having signed for any of them. I will cancel contract with GE MoneyBank if charge happens again.

• Em
    Emma Feeney Aug 21, 2007

Kris I had the same problem, in fact I didn't even know where the recurring charge on my credit card was from! I signed up for some free download months ago and have been charged 11.99 a month ever since. You need to access your account to cancel your subscription. Sign into your account, if you cant remember any of the details just enter your email address and they will send you out a link to change your password. You will need to know the last 4 digits of the c card that you used for the original payment. Hope this helps!

Cancel as soon as you can!!

• Va
    Vahé GABRACHE Jan 04, 2008

its months that i pay rn realmusic , rn ralarcadegamepass, rn rn tonepass, and i never ask for anything. i want to cancel three of them

Jaco Moonen Jan 09, 2008

I had the same experience. The free player is not free at all, and this becomes clear only after the first month. 'Unlimited Movies' - on my credit card bill - what the heck is that? And then I remembered that I downloaded the free player a month ago. I have uninstalled the player the same day as I installed it (I was dissatisfied). The confirmation email I got after downloading did not mention any obligations or contract, just

'A RealNetworks Customer Account has been set up for you. When you shop at RealNetworks in the future, this account will make your check-out process faster and easier.'

I never ordered anything. I think this is RealMalicious behavior.

• Pa
    Paul A. T. Barker Jan 12, 2008

Is it not possible for trading standards to get involved as we cannot all be wrong this is stealing.

• Ke
    Kevin Cares Jan 19, 2008

if it was FREE why did you give them your credit card????

• Ke
    kerstin svanberg Feb 05, 2008

This is a crime, I become very suprised when I look at the past year, so much money to something called.

RN RN REALARCARDEGA
    RN RN TONEPASS
    RNR1 SUPERPASS

I dont even know what it is, I have never order anything and I never should pay with my card, something is very wrong here and I am going to do a report, and I know that nobody have ever borrow my card.

Thats a crime.

• Av
    Avadhesh mathur Feb 13, 2008

Pl. stop charging my a/c & cancel subscription.

ANITA R. KILPATRICK Mar 06, 2008

I have just realised it's been happening to me, today, by reading my bank statement properly for once! I have been paying three different charges to REALPLAYER since 03.07.07, The lesson I must learn in all of this is to really check my accounts properly in the future. I am an old age pensioner and don't get so much money how I never noticed it it before I just don't know!! I must be going GAGA! Sad, but for me very reassuring that I wasn't the only one, but it doesn't put back the money they took from us does it?!!

It's scandalous, if I do get any recompense from this I will post the info. on this website as soon as.

Kilpers

• Ro
    Roger Mar 06, 2008

First of all, you gave your credit card willingly. Second of all this is a free-trial. In the fine print, which I'm sure you never read, there would've been information to cancel. Or (with common sense) you would've remembered to cancel your "free trial," before the free trial ended.

You can't blame a company for your stupidity, or lack of common sense.

Learn to read. Thank you.

• To
    Ton W Mar 10, 2008

I agree with all that complain.
    In my case I even volunteraly gave them money buying the RealPlayerPlus so I had to give them my creditcard nr.
    I had no problem with that but I regret it now because it is a crappy program and I do not want these criminals to use my money.
    A few months later I found out that I payed monthly for a service called Unlimited Movies.
    It took my some minutes to find out what it was and it was from RN.
    I never used the service and I wasn't aware of this subscription.
    I cancelled it now but I received an e-mail with a treath saying I must follow a (non-existing ! ) link if I want to continue using the RealPlayer Plus.
    The program that i allready bought !!
    Don't know if or how they are going to disable the program but they are just criminals it seems.

• Lu
    Lucy Roberts Apr 28, 2008

I also wish to unsubscribe to rn Unlimited Movies [protected] Wa
    Please cancell all payments

• Hu
    Hubi May 02, 2008

Fantastic, thanx for Ur advice. I cancelled that horrible trial which cahsed me 13 USd each month without even using it... !!! U must whatch out in the web.

• Ay
    Ayyaz Mehmood May 13, 2008

i want to download real player

• Ge
    Gerardo B. Mutuc Jun 16, 2008

I only signed up for free trial use and I was charged for both real player & Unlimited movies for two consecutive months now, I wish to cancel the subscription and be payed back for what was charged against my card.

• At
    Athar Jun 21, 2008

i dint check it

• Bo
    boggio-pola claudie Aug 07, 2008

je désire également ne plus payer tous les mois 4.98 et 11.99 euros pour tonepass et real music dont je ne me sers pas
    merci de supprimer ces prélèvements le 7/08/2008

• Bo
    boggio-pola claudie Aug 07, 2008

je désire ne plus être prélevée de 11.99 et 4.98 euros tous les mois pour realmusic et tonepass
    merci de faire le nécessaire immédiatement

• Ki
    kim kyoung ju Aug 17, 2008

you are a robber.
    you stole my money from credit card monthly

give me back my money...robber .
    ### you...### you...

• Cr
    craig Aug 21, 2008

They ARE ROBBING ###, ### OF THE EARTH, ive been charged $17 a month for the past 18 months!!!

• La
    Lance Jordan Oct 08, 2008

I am totally disgusted,
    after about 6 months of not actually realising,
    I have been paying £8.50 and £6.95 a month for basically nothing,
    i don't even use the Real player,
    surely this is some kind of fraud,
    I am getting in contact with my bank to let them know that Real.com have been fraudelently taking money from my account without my permission and to stop any further payments to them.
    Daylight robbery

• Si
    Simon Lesley Oct 26, 2008

Like Lance Jordan, I've been paying £8.50 and £6.95 for nothing! Anyone had any joy with getting their money back, though?!

• Rr
    R Rickert Nov 10, 2008

I've been trying to cancel for months and months. Then I tried the chatline and thought this would work. No way. Not even a phone number to cancel. He gave up and now he wants me to wait 24hrs for a tier 2 agent over the email. I'm frustrated.

• Rr
    R Rickert Nov 10, 2008

Try comments again? Well a short message from a frustrated customer. No help at all from Real player to cancel my subscription.

• Tr
    trialaddict Feb 06, 2009

I just cancelled my trial . I read the agreement form and they are not liable to give you back money already paid but here is the Phone# to cancel [protected] and that is toll free.

• Mo
    mouloudia_41 Jun 01, 2009

• La
    LaShawn Galang Nov 27, 2009

I signed up for the free real player download last August 2009. Not one movie I've chose works and thats after over an hour buffing waiting for everyone of them for several days of trying I've seen none. On both computers Mac OSX & WinVista, its definitely not my Internet connection Ethernet or wireless. I canceled my "subscription" just after one week frustrated from trying, I didn't get any reply so I thought that would be the end of that. 3 months later I find 2 more charges on my credit card (RN *UNLIMITED MOVIES 866-420-5832WA ##1009 6.95 US DOLLAR) for monthly subscription. Needless to say I'm very disappointed and annoyed by all this, I demand for my money back + a permanent cancellation from this subscription. I would really appreciate it if someone can attend to this matter as soon as possible.

• Me
    melindaarbaugh Aug 03, 2010

I canceled my realplayer and I'm still being charged ...So i would like my money back