Menu

Flighty
reviews and complaints

www.flightyapp.com
www.flightyapp.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

4.2 420 Reviews

How responsive is Flighty's customer service?

6 Resolved
6 Unresolved
Somewhere halfway 🌗
Flighty definitely has some work to do, especially in their approach to handling complaints. Responding to all complaints, rather than just a few, is the key to success and a high rating, as all customers want to be heard. As for reviewers, we would advise reading resolved complaints to see how quickly they were addressed and what information Flighty needed to resolve them.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Flighty has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
Write a review File a complaint

Flighty travelers reviews and complaints 420

0 review
Sort by:

Newest Flighty reviews and complaints

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Flighty What is the point of this app?

I fly a lot. I’ve been on 50 + flights already this year. I have all of the airline apps that let me know flight details, delays etc. the free version of this app, gives me the same data. Sure the developers would like access to my calendar and other personal data to harvest for profit, but I don’t understand the need here. Certainly see no value in paying for the PRO version.

R

Flighty Great App—Live Activity doesn’t always work

Great app—I’ve been a subscriber for almost a year now and love Flighty’s updates, clear info, notifications on changes, etc. Love the watch app too.

Only criticism is that the live activity doesn’t always automatically appear in the dynamic island. Usually toggling on/off the live activity will make it work, but not always. If that was fixed it would make this a 5 star review.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Flighty Great for airline pilots!

This is a great app for passengers, family and friends. But even more powerful for pilots. Been using Flighty for a few years now and have loved every moment. It’s super helpful to input my monthly schedule to help keep track of gate or aircraft changes. Often sooner than a company notification. Perhaps a quicker way to input pilot schedules would be cool? Keep up the amazing work!

W
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Flighty Love it, but some live activity bugs?

Paid plan: sometimes live activities do not trigger unless I open the app (I never “kill” the app). Would also LOVE an option/button to say “I took off now”. Sometimes you’re in airplane mode, there’s a delay on the runway, and then you leave- but flighty thinks you’re takeoff time is different since you’re in airplane mode. I would like to manually adjust my actual takeoff time.

K

Flighty Awesome notifications!

I tried Flighty for the first time this week. Well, my United flight was canceled at the last minute and I got the Flighty notification so far in advance of the United notification that I was able to book an awesome seat on another flight before the rest of the 300+ people on the Dreamliner tried to rebook on the same flights. Awesome app, especially with the notifications enabled!

Flighty Seems useful

If you fly a ton this is probably worth it but if you occasionally fly then this is a very expensive option. Most options are behind a very expensive paywall that other apps do not have. For instance TripIt integration you need to be a pro member, any type of notification you need to be a pro member. Again the app seems powerful but only if you are willing to spend 50 dollars a year.

Flighty Perfect. No notes

This app is incredibly simple yet full-featured. It’s quick to take advantage of every new iOS feature like Live Activities, widgets, and Dynamic Island. Even between travel, it’s a great way to catalog past flights and see cumulative metrics. One of very few apps that I keep installed on all my devices, and I recommend it to friends and family all the time. Thanks for an awesome app!

V

Flighty Great App

I normally never write reviews however, I wanted to write a review about this app because I enjoy it so much. I love the real live updates that are provided. The only complaint I have is that it doesn’t replace my other app by giving me my check in time, board time, takeoff time. If I could get that I will be able to completely get rid of my other app. Other than that this app is amazing.

A

Flighty DFW NK FA

LOVE this app. I use it for work all the time. It’s a lifesaver. It’s so useful for every aspect of my workday, in fact. I know what’s going on before my airline tells me what’s going on with my flight. If the onboard WiFi is down. I still know what’s going on with the flight. Including delays, cancellations, gate changes, aircraft changes etc.
Keep up the great work with an amazing app!

F

Flighty Sometimes great; sometimes awful

I go between loving this app and being annoyed by it. The ability to forward reservations was great -- except conformations from the US' 6th largest airline (Alaska) no longer work, and support is uselss.

Further, tracking of my last few flights have been off, often missing the fact that they ever took off or landed.

When it's good, it's good; but I would not recommend depending on this app.

P
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Flighty Lots of potential, but poor implementation

Flighty looks like a beautiful app and has lots of potential. However, the implementation is terrible. I paid for a subscription and have had data issues (incorrect data) on my last three trips. The where’s my plane feature doesn’t seem to work at all—the data has never matched my flight. I have sent feedback and never heard a response. I want to like this app, but it’s just not worth the money.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Flighty Might actually be the greatest of all time

Flighty not only is visually stunning, but it’s a delight to use. I’ve never used an app that so perfectly does everything it promises. The fact that it is still usable in airplane mode, while on a flight, is incredible.

My ONLY complaint is the pricing for the pro version. The lifetime plan is priced as much as five years of the subscription… That feels unreasonable to bet on ANY app for that long.

Flighty Finally! The PERFECT Flight Tracker

I have always been frustrated trying to find the flight tracking app that pulled the best of other flight trackers together. I HATED that I had to search several apps to over in the true picture.
FLIGHTY has brought it all together and as a pilot and frequent traveler, this data is critical to my life. FLIGHTY is the ONLY flight tracking app I have now and I trust it completely.
Thank you, FLIGHTY!

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Flighty One of the best apps on my phone

I continued to subscribe to Flighty during the pandemic even though I obviously wasn’t flying anywhere. I just had the opportunity to use Flighty again and was immediately reminded that it an essential tool. This is my go to source for flight info and it doesn’t disappoint. The data sources are impressively accurate and better than airline feeds for status. Get the app and subscribe if you fly.

Flighty Flight attendants must haves

Love love love this App ! I love and breath Flightly ! It is so useful and use it daily .
ONLY thing I wish they had is to be able to add my flight info straight on my Apple Watch instead of my iPhone ! Please developer if you can make that happen ,, I’ll make a new review on my YouTube channel regarding this amazing app ! Otherwise GREAT APP ! Very satisfied and sooo useful thank you ! @Flywithshelly

Flighty Stay On the Beaten Path

It’s a wonderfully designed app, but the data quickly falls apart if you stray from the beaten path in the US. Internationally, many flight attributes, like gate info, delays, aircraft types, and status are wrong or missing, even at major hubs like Seoul Incheon, Osaka-Kansai, Shanghai-Pudong, and Milan-Malpensa. It’s still the most beautifully designed flight tracking app, but the data needs some work.

E
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Flighty Almost scary how accurate this app is!

There's really no better app to track your flights than Flighty. Yeah, it's not cheap - but nothing of value usually is.

We're not talking a simple flight tracker from city to city - Flighty tracks flights from gate to gate. It's so accurate, i actually tracked my inbound into SNA and as the aircraft made its way to the gate, i could see it making the turn to line up with the jetway.

Worth every cent.

H

Flighty Incredibly informative flight app

We just returned from a 10 day trip with Flighty in my pocket. Love this app. So much information. So accurate. So needed if you fly. If you need to know something about your current or upcoming flight, Flighty has it covered. Man, does this app ever. We might fly once a year so it would be overkill for us to pay $50 a year for this app. But to pay $9.00 for our one flight a year? Yah, I’m in. Great app.

C

Flighty Pretty nice

Only wish it showed boarding times too. Also, personally I wouldn’t mind the invasive email scanning if it were available, but I supposed it can be worked around through the calendar import. For example, there are old flights that aren’t on my calendar but that I have emails for that were not automatically imported. Obviously that’s not important for day to day, but the archive is incomplete without them.

A
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Flighty Updating this rating as they have addressed annoying issue I reported

The app is great. Support is top notch as they addressed an annoying issue I encountered and now the app works as expected. Impressed by all the flights that Flighty recognizes. I’ve been a Tripit user for 10+ years but had to change that when some flights I had could not be found in Tripit. Flighty had no issue finding and loading the flights. Also found Tripit missed some alerts. Problem solved with Flighty!

About Flighty

Flighty is a mobile application designed to provide users with real-time tracking of commercial flights. It offers a suite of features aimed at both casual travelers and aviation enthusiasts. The app allows users to track the status of flights, including departure and arrival times, delays, and cancellations. Users can also receive notifications about gate changes, in-flight progress, and other pertinent updates.

The service includes a detailed map view, which gives a visual representation of a flight's current position and trajectory. Flighty's data is sourced from a combination of commercial flight data providers, ensuring comprehensive coverage of flights worldwide.

For frequent flyers, the app offers additional tools to manage their travel itinerary. This includes a feature to sync with calendars for easy access to flight schedules. Flighty also provides historical data on flights, which can be useful for tracking performance and punctuality over time.

The company targets its services to anyone in need of tracking flights, whether for personal travel, picking up friends and family from the airport, or for professional reasons. Flighty's interface is designed to be user-friendly, catering to users who appreciate a clear and intuitive design.

While Flighty offers a free version of the app, it also has a premium subscription model that unlocks advanced features for users who require more detailed information and a more robust set of tracking tools. The premium service includes features such as push notifications for any flight changes, a 25-hour where's my plane feature, and a connection assistant for managing tight layovers.

Overall, Flighty positions itself as a comprehensive flight tracking solution, aiming to provide reliable and up-to-date flight information to travelers around the globe.

Flighty In-depth Review

In Summary

Flighty – Live Flight Tracker is very good app for people who travel and love airplanes. It helps to know all about your flight with updates and tells you fast. It is easy to use and has many helpful things to make tracking flights smooth.

Overview of Flighty – Live Flight Tracker

Flighty is a good app for knowing flight details in real time. It helps travelers stay informed about if their flight is on time, gate changes, and if there are any problems like delays or cancellations.

User Interface and Usability

The app looks clean and is easy to use. It's designed to be pretty and works fast, so users can see information quickly and not get upset with waiting.

Features and Functionality

Flighty does a lot for tracking flights, telling you flight details and live news. It gives you alerts to keep you up-to-date. Also, it has things like weather reports and airport maps to be even more helpful.

Accuracy and Reliability

The app is very good at giving the correct flight details. It updates often and works well most of the time, with care to keep it running smoothly.

Coverage and Range

Flighty can track many airlines and flights all over the world. But users should check if there are any limits for certain places or smaller airlines.

Subscription and Pricing

There are free things in the app but also special things you can pay for with a subscription. The prices are okay, and many think the app is worth the money.

Customer Support and Service

It's easy to get help with the app. There are many ways to find answers like FAQs and guides. If there are problems, they are usually fixed fast.

User Reviews and Testimonials

Many people like the app a lot, saying it is good to use and helpful. There are not many complaints, and it seems people trust the reviews they read.

Compatibility and Integration

Flighty works with many devices and systems. It also connects well with other apps, like calendars, to make using it even better by sharing flight details.

Privacy and Security

The app is safe and keeps personal information private. Users can feel secure about their data.

Pros and Cons

Good things include the app's design, many tracking features, and reliable alerts. Not so good things might be the cost for extra features and maybe not covering some less known airlines or places.

Final Verdict

Flighty – Live Flight Tracker is a really good app for people who need to track flights. It is very useful for people who fly often and those who love aviation for its detailed information and updates in real time.

Comparison with Competitors

Flighty is better than other flight tracking apps because it is easier to use and gives updates that are accurate and on time. It has more features that help all kinds of users.

How to file a complaint about Flighty?

Here is a comprehensive guide on how to file a complaint or review about Flighty - Live Flight Tracker on ComplaintsBoard.com:

1. Log in or create an account:
- If you already have a ComplaintsBoard.com account, log in using your credentials. If not, create a new account to proceed.

2. Navigating to the complaint form:
- Locate and click on the 'File a Complaint' button on the ComplaintsBoard.com website. You can find this button at the top right corner of the website.

3. Writing the title:
- Summarize the main issue with Flighty - Live Flight Tracker in the 'Complaint Title' section.

4. Detailing the experience:
- Provide detailed information about your experience with the company. Mention key areas such as transactions, the nature of the issue, steps taken to resolve it, personal impact, and the company's response.

5. Attaching supporting documents:
- Attach any relevant supporting documents to strengthen your complaint. Avoid including sensitive personal data in these attachments.

6. Filing optional fields:
- Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to state any financial losses incurred and the 'Desired Outcome' field to specify the resolution you are seeking.

7. Review before submission:
- Review your complaint or review for clarity, accuracy, and completeness before submitting it to ensure all necessary information is included.

8. Submission process:
- Submit your complaint or review by clicking the 'Submit' button on the ComplaintsBoard.com website.

9. Post-Submission Actions:
- Regularly check for responses or updates related to your complaint or review on ComplaintsBoard.com to stay informed about any developments.

Follow these steps to effectively file a complaint or review about Flighty - Live Flight Tracker on ComplaintsBoard.com.

Frequently asked questions (FAQ) about Flighty
What unique features does Flighty offer compared to App in the Air?

Flighty monitors your flight 25 hours before departure, tracks inbound flight history to predict delays, and provides arrival forecasts based on historical data, making it unique compared to App in the Air.

What is the Flighty app and what does it offer?

Flighty is a comprehensive flight tracking app available for free on the App Store, though it includes optional in-app purchases. It's designed for anyone planning to fly, offering detailed information about flights without tracking you via Facebook or Google SDKs. This means your activity within the app isn't monitored by these companies.

Does Flighty track flights in real-time?

While Flighty provides detailed information on flights, including departure, arrival times, and flight paths, it may not update in real-time as precisely as some other apps. It gives a good representation of a flight's status and path, but for exact real-time tracking, other platforms might offer more up-to-the-second data.

Can Flighty help with COVID-19 travel restrictions?

Yes, Flighty includes a feature that directs users to a website detailing COVID-19 travel impact and restrictions by country. This is especially useful for planning trips during the pandemic, helping you stay informed about the changing travel restrictions and guidelines.

What are some key features of Flighty's Pro package?

Flighty's Pro package offers enhanced notifications, including alerts for delays, gate changes, departure, takeoff, check-in, cancellations, and email TripIt imports. Additional premium features include "Where's My Plane?" alerts, FAA airport delays, connection info, and detailed flight path tracking.

How does automatic syncing work in Flighty?

Flighty allows for automatic syncing of flight information through email forwarding, TripIt sync, or calendar sync. By registering your email with Flighty and forwarding your flight confirmation emails, the app can automatically import your flight details, simplifying the tracking process.

What kind of customer support does Flighty offer?

Flighty is noted for its exceptional customer support. The development team is responsive and helpful, addressing users' questions and concerns promptly and with care. This level of support enhances the overall user experience and reliability of the app.

Can Flighty track international flights?

Yes, Flighty is a global flight tracking app capable of tracking flights worldwide. Whether you're flying within North America or internationally, Flighty can provide you with comprehensive flight details, including delays, weather conditions, and aircraft information.

What makes Flighty unique compared to other flight tracking apps?

Flighty stands out due to its user-friendly interface, absence of tracking by major tech companies, and unique features like morning and check-in assistants, which offer itinerary updates and help with connecting flights. Its focus on privacy, global capability, and detailed flight information make it a valuable app for travelers.

Is the PRO version of Flighty worth it?

Opinions on the value of Flighty's PRO version vary. Some users feel that it is expensive and may not be worth the investment for those who only travel occasionally. Others might find the enhanced tracking features, notifications, and customer support beneficial for frequent travel.

Overview of Flighty complaint handling

420 Flighty reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Feb 10, 2024. The latest review Flighty is impressively good was posted on Apr 15, 2024. The latest complaint Negative customer experience was resolved on Feb 28, 2024. Flighty has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 420 reviews. Flighty has resolved 6 complaints.

Flighty mobile application

You can download this application to your device

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Flighty website

www.flightyapp.com Flighty website

Flighty email

Flighty social media

Flighty address

USA

Flighty Category

Flighty is related to the Travel and Tourism category.

Our Commitment

We stand for unbiased reviews

We help resolving issues

We advocate freedom of speech

We ensure transparent and fair ratings

We care about your privacy

We are easy, free and open to everyone

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Flighty?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Flighty Customer Service. Initial Flighty complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Flighty above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Flighty. Discuss the issues you have had with Flighty and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.