FlightSite and SAAPoor Service

L

I bought a return ticket from SAA through FlightSite from Dar es Salaam to Johannesburg for 5 Dec 2011 in Sept 2011 and paid for it. I got tremendous pain in my neck and shoulder in Nov and was forced to fly to SA in Nov. When I wanted to change my dates, I was charged more than the original price to change the date of only one leg of my trip. I then bought a single ticket to SA from another airline and decided to only use the return leg of the ticket of SAA. I was told that I cannot use it as I did not use the first leg, but that SAA would refund me if I submit a letter from a dr. I submitted a letter from the most prominent neurosurgeon in SA. When I followed up, FlightSite said that SAA needs the hospital bill. I sent all relevant documents to them. I followed up without any response. It is going to for months now, I have been operated on my shoulder and neck and still no news of my refund. I have spent thousands of rands flying SAA for myself and my family. Should I be satisfied with such poor service and been ripped off?
Regards
Louw Venter

• Te
    Terala Oct 05, 2015

I booked flights with Flightsite and received confirmation of the booking and was awaiting the E tickets. Instead 4 days later I received notification of the flight cancellation. When I queried this I was informed that I had not completed a credit form they had emailed me. I rang them immediately and stated that I did not receive any email with a credit form attachment. They then stated that they would re-book me. I was offered a re-booking at a price increase of R16168.00. This is absolutely ridiculous, who would pay that sort of increase.
    My conclusion is that I was sold cheap tickets under false pretensions knowing that they would not be able to get them and then tried to say I did not answer an email that I did never receive. This was just a ruse to get me to but dearer tickets. I will not be booking through Flightsite again.

• Ke
    Kees Leendertse Jan 17, 2012

Dear Louw, I must agree with your assessment of lack of service from Flightsite.co.za. I bought a return ticket Johannesburg - Rio de Janeiro and on receiving the ticket I realised that the return flight from Rio to Joburg via Sao Paul had an impossible connection between two different Sao Paulo airports. Flightsite has not offered any assistance in resolving the situation and left me stranded. I had to buy another ticket and took the risk to miss the connection in Sao Paulo, because of no-show on the first leg. Fortunately the SAA staff in Sao Paulo are very helpful and let me on the plane. But would it be for Flightsite I would not have made it further. My conclusion: Flightsite sells you cheap tickets and then leave you stranded.