Fitness USAscam

L

So here's the STORY. on June 22, 2010 I signed up for their NO CONTRACT Diamond membership. With the Start fee, and the $24.45 first month, and another $24.45 last month, the $24.45 is $19.95 for the gym, and $4.50 for the tanning. Anyways, ... after "3" months which would be September 22, I go from paying the $24.45 a month to paying $14.45 a month until I decide if I want to do a lifetime membership. WELLLLLLLLLL, let me tell you where the FALSE ADVERTISEMENT & MISLEADING come into play, THEY SAY TO QUALIFY after "3" months for the $10, no contract pay as you go(painted on the outside of their building) you HAVE TO GO TO THE GYM 3 days a week, every week for "3" months... THEY NEVER EVER told me that. I mean THINGS happen that prevent you from going sometimes.. Anyways, since I have NOT been going the amount of time that they say is MANDATORY I have to keep paying the HIGHER PRICE for 10 more months.. UHMMMM I DON'T THINK SO, so I told them to cancel the $###. So the $24.45 they JUST took out of my account 4 days ago I'm out, ok, whatever! BUT THEN, they tell me that I have to give a 30 day notice(remember I am not in a contract) to cancel my membership. So NOW they are saying that because it was like 31 or 32 days that I will owe ANOTHER $24.45 I SAID ###... I am letting any & everyone know DO NOT GO TO FITNESS USA, they are a bunch of LIARS... i AM ALSO GOING TO LET THE NEWS PEOPLE KNOW that this company is a SCAM... And they have ILLEGAL MEXICANS working there taking jobs away from the AMERICAN people.

scam

• Ri
    Ricky Rosello Nov 06, 2017

These people have been doing this for years. It's time to make them accountable for all the damage they're doing.

• Eh
    Ehealthstrength Jan 31, 2017

Unfortunately, this gym will close in the near future. The new ownership already closed their Lansing location as they were thousands of dollars behind on their rent and the company as a whole is tens of thousands of dollars behind on taxes. No matter what good was done with the new management, the corporate offices refused to support the staff in keeping the facilities maintained properly. As a results, things were constantly broken down and not working. In addition, the new billing system they now have in place is all screwed up as tons of people have been overcharged. I don't blame the previous members for being pissed off about all the issues and problems that have occurred there.

• Li
    LindaBowen May 12, 2016

It is now under new management it is not that way anymore!!! It is the best place in town, IF you are not PREDJUST !!! How can you expect someone else to honor someone else's agreement ? That is a little absurd!!! The place is always clean to top standers. The help is very friendly. The water aerobics is great!!! It's open 24 hours, 7 days a week, use of all equipment, pool, hot tub, sauna, steam room, tanning beds, showers, lockers, zumba, exercise classes, water aerobics, what more could you ask!!! But there are people that aren't happy if they can't complain and run there mouth to everyone. Be happy and enjoy the place at least you have a great place to go and feel good about yourself!!!

• Cs
    C.S.Shannon Sep 29, 2014

I PAID $1800.00 FOR A LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP in 2004 and have been paying a $24 anual lifetime member maintenance fee every year since, and, was told at the time of purchase that my contract: was "for ever" not just my lifetime and was transferable to a family member for a small fee Here is what they said to ME today 9 / 29 / 2014 when I whe'nt too pay my anual fee!!!
    My membership was no longer valid, they would Honor my membership till August then I would have to join again if I wanted to keep going there. I said I paid thousands for a lifetime, and, she said, " all those years ago " in a smart a** way! Like I did'nt deserve what I had paid for! I said that's like McDonalds charging you for a hamburger then deniying it to you when you get to the window! Then she went on to tell me the old owner sold out and they showed me a paper they had laminated that said the Atourney General said it was unlawful to expect them to have to honor a lifetime membeship because of the cost of maintaining the facilities etc... I said they would have to change the name or honor the contract that's when a Hispanic kid, " no I don't know if he was legal " lol but his English was perfect, said, to me, that they had changed the name to " FITNESS US" and pointed too a sign on the desk, then, I said, it still read USA on the building, and, he said, I was mistaken, that it was changed to US, then, I said, this sounds like a law suit too me, and, she said, who are you going to sue? Then, she went on too try and sell me a membership.
    At this point I was steaming mad, so, I left, and, as I was leaving, I took a good look at the building, and the sign was still the same, it read, " FITNESS USA " at this point, I knew, he had lied right too my face! And now I am wondering if the paper he showed me had any substance?

• Km
    KMan1999 Oct 21, 2012

Yeah, unfortunately that last statement detracts from an otherwise really good comment. (How do you even know they're illegal?!)

• Km
    KMan1999 Oct 21, 2012

Even if you died these theives would take the money you left for your relatives.

• Ra
    RarelyComplain Sep 20, 2012

Cancel the card or close the account. Other then that, dying is about the only way you can remove yourself from their perpetual billing machine, Honest.

• Dj
    djc_819 Sep 22, 2010

I get your complaint about the Gym lying and using the bait and switch method but what the hell was your last sentence all about? Not even necessary and totally irrelevant to your complaint.

• Va
    Valeciap Jan 21, 2010

They say it's a free trial then you find out that they signed you up for years. I was told that the contract was cancelled and they are stiil trying to make me pay. Help what can i do