Fitness USAmembership agreement

Fitness USA is dishonest and manipulative. I joined for the tanning special that they have and not for the gym fitness center membership in spring of 2008. I told them that I would probably be leaving the area the next year and go back home to santa cruz, ca. I asked if i would still be able to cancel my contract and they insisted that it was very easy to do so. All I had to do was tell them and give them my reasoning and address. WELL I am STILL making monthly payments of 14 dollars and I have not used those awful tanning beds in over a year. The closest fitness USA to Santa Cruz is the one I signed up at at the stonestown mall in san francisco, and that is now an hour and 15 minutes away from me. This corporation is a complete scam. Some of my friends were also suckered into a membership that they could not get out of like they had promised. I am furious and these people need to be stopped. Please help.

Courtney Calabray

• Mi
    midge87 Aug 03, 2010

Why would you continue to pay this? You should have disputed the charge and blocked them from removing fees showing your bank evidence of your move and lack of locations near by, also it would help to have a copy of your cancellation paperwork.

• Km
    KMan1999 Oct 21, 2012

What about us suckers that paid for a lifetime membership and now have to drive two hours to the nearest facility?! When I signed up and paid in full, there were 7 locations within a 15 mile radius of my home. Now there are 0. And my daughter who paid for a "lifetime" membership is getting billed $40/year for some sort of maintenance fees. Do they really think she's going to pay it?!?! (PS: If she doesn't, her membership gets cancelled and she loses the $800 she paid.) SCAM!!!