First National Bank TexasCustomer harassment

C Aug 13, 2020

On August 13, 2020, My son received a letter in the mail welcoming him for being a new customer at First National Bank. The next day, my son and I went to the bank at 6055 South Freeway, Houston, TX 77004; to inform them that he never had opened up an account. So the bank ended up closing the account and labeled it as "stolen identity". They instructed us to file a police report and to return back to the bank after doing so. So, we filed a police report and two weeks later, my son received two more debit cards in the mail under his name, welcoming him as a new customer to the SAME bank! Apparently the guy who had stolen my son's identity, had opended two more accounts under his name. So, again we go in person to the bank and find out that he's tried cashing a few checks and that he had eventually been given some money from the bank. My son filled out all the paperwork that was required from the bank, and they reassured us that all the information would be forwarded to the Fraud Dept. He was also told that he would not be forwarded to a debt collector, since it was indentity theft. A couple of weeks later, he received in the mail a letter from a debt collector that was hired from First National Bank to pay the money that someone else had stolen. My son and I went back to the same bank and spoke to the Manager, Carolyn Gardner Neblett. We were told that all the information had not been completed on their end and that they would forward all the information to the Fraud Claims Dept. She told us that there was no phone number for us to call and that she would followup on it on Wednesday, August 19th. As she was speaking to my son, I was writing down all the information she was telling him and I looked up at her badge to write her name down so we wouldn't forget who we had spoken to, and while I was writing her name down, she looked at me and told me in a rude and sarcastic tone, "Don't worry, you will be getting my business card with my name on it". She seemed upset that I was writing her name down. As she continued to talk to my son, my son had looked at me, to let me know what she had said, since it was a little difficult to hear across the acrylic barrier between us, and she looked at my 27 year old son and told him, "I'm talking to you not to her." He felt so embarrassed because she was treating him like he was a child. I then looked at her and told her that my son didn't have a pen to write all this information she was giving him, that's why I was writing it down. I became very upset and started to feel like we were being harassed by this lady! I could tell my son started to get upset and was caught off guard by the way this lady was treating him. It took a lot of self-control not to go off on this lady. I looked up at the bank's motto "Our Customers Come First", pointed to my son and said, "What a joke."
Needless to say, this lady's attitude, ruined the rest of our day. We couldn't believe how we were being treated. As the day went on, my son told me that the more he thought about it, the more it made him mad. I have always taught my son always to be civilized even when people can make you angry. I am writing this complaint hoping to get a written apology to my son from this woman. I pray that no other customer will ever have to go through this type of harrassment.