Farm Fresh FoodsBusiness Practices

L

On March 14, 2011 at approximately 5pm I was in my front yard with two of my children when a white Male approximately 50 years old pulled up in a white van with a Farm Fresh Foods logo and the phone # of 1 877-45steak on the van. The man yelled out at me through the open window of the van stating "hey, do you like steak?" I immediately shook my head no and attempted to attend to my children when the man replied back, in a sarcastic voice "yeah, nice talking to you!" The man then sped down my neighborhood street, turned around and again, drove past my home slowly glaring at me through the window. I then pulled out my phone and snapped a photo. Upon reporting the incident to the Farm Fresh Foods Manager, I was told that they were sorry I was uncomfortable however, the employee did nothing wrong and if I say anything negative about the company online, that it would be slander.

More Farm Fresh Foods Complaints & Reviews

Joshua Phillips Jun 12, 2016

Listen Up...99.9% the truth, this is an unbias opinion. I trulely mean this. I have to give the company "farm fresh foods" a perfect 10/10 all around. What first caught my attention was the steak wrapped vehicle, it was very visual stimulating. So my purchasing experience, even the " (1) year guatantee" registration was simple and it took no time at all. My meat man's name was "Joshua" As he approached our house, my girls and I had already became interested in the steak wrapped van as I've mentioned. There was no annoying sales pitch or any mention of having extra meat from a delivery. I only mention that due to all the slander I've read before deciding to share my experience that i had with the same company " farm fresh foods" As I answered the door...the first words out of his mouth were " I am so sorry to bother you mam" Then Joshua simply stated that he had "steaks" for "$3 or $4" a cut. The cuts included Rib eyess, Fillets, and T bones. I remember hearing something like...I know it sounds rediclous... you eat steaks right? I don't really need to go into detail about our deal. I will state that I didn't have buyers remorse. The whole time I felt comfortable and understood what I was agreeing too. As Joshua and his partner drove off, I was pleased with the experience, and had steaks to fill my freezer that I recieved for less than $4 .

• Su
    Summer Garcia-Davis Jan 26, 2015

I recently purchased $ 379 worth of ribeyes and chicken and the chicken was horrible! After the horrible customer service I received just to order should have been my first clue about the type of company I was dealing with. After trying the chicken tenders that were gross and tasted like stale Coors beer, we tried the Italian chicken breasts and they were way to salty. I called for a refund and had to call for three days just to be told that they don't do refunds! When I asked to speak to the customer service manager supervisor he told me he was the boss and CEO of the company via his dad being the owner. I then looked up the company's bio on the BBB website and the owner is listed as a woman! How interesting! I was informed that if I posted any negative reviews I wouldn't ever receive an exchange. I'm going to call Turko Files and get this company shut down for good! They messed with the wrong Handicapable Mom!

• La
    last boyscout Jun 29, 2014

I fell for their BS too, I paid $140 cash, no receipt, so I'm likely screwed. Bought it from a fat guy in Milwaukie Oregon. #8937 Beef steak variety pack. Cooked the "boneless beef fillet's" and they were CRAP. Lots of gristle and poor tasting meat. I will complain and slander their name whenever possible.

• Kk
    K_Kailer May 29, 2014

I just encountered the rudest, most aggressive salesman from this so-called "farm fresh" company. He came to my door with a pitch like, "I just delivered around the corner and I have leftovers that my boss says I can give away at cost. You guys like steak, right?" After that, it went bad really fast. He was such a jerk. I had to get my boyfriend to come to the door with me to make him go away. What this guy didn't know was that I actually fell for this scam five years ago and recognized the signs right away. It's a huge rip off. Don't do it, people!

• De
    desert_prencess Apr 08, 2014

Had a driver pull into my driveway ask me if I wanted steaks. I've seen and dealt with them before and always declined with out ever asking about prices. This time I was curious. Of course the driver didnt give me a price until he said his whole spiel . I almost choked when he told me that the case was 530.00 (or around that price). I told him no thanks. After a few "no thank you"s He offered the case for 150.00. Explaining the whole USDA crap. (FYI store bought meat is USDA meat too including hamburger meat that has Pink Slime added( thats when they spray the meat with ammonia). The kicker is whether its Prime Choice, Prime, or Choice cut.. But he never said a word about that)
    Buying into it as well.I wrote a 50.00 check .( Glad I didnt pay 379.00. or 530.00.) I didn't get a receipt wich means I didnt get a transaction number. I cooked some Ribyes that night and they were awful. The next night I tried the New Yorks and they too were terrible. Third night I cooked the Tri-tips and although they were better, they still were pretty disappointing.
    I went to the website and saw the guarantee as well and quickly began to try to register so I could "qualify " for the Garantee. . But since I didnt have a receipt I couldnt provide a transaction number, Thus not being able to register. I would have to wait till after the weekend to call.
    Today I called and asked to speak to a supervisor. After a few words ... ; ) ... about only wanting to speak to a supervisor I was reluctantly tranfered. ( Only way to go). I explained my story and told him I was more than disappointed and felt their meat was not worth 150.00 much less 530.00. He said no matter what they honor the Gurantee and would dispatch a driver out this week an replace all the meat with their freshest meat. if I still am not satisfied he will speak with HIS Supervisor. .
    The meat is crap! Ribyes and New Yorks are really thin, and the quality is poor. But so far they are honoring their guarantee Ill give them that much . We will see what happens. I be back to follow up.

• Le
    leonard0876 Jan 02, 2014

NEVER EVER EVER even open your door for these slime balls! Their business practice is to intimidate you and push you into buying their god awful products. These drivers behave in a way where they probably can't even keep a job at Burger King. They will push you, rub you the wrong way and be a general pain in your ###. Out of sheer principle, never ever give them a second look. Stay away!

• Ne
    needlefrau Jan 22, 2013

I just fell for this approach, and should have read the label before buying. The man said it was all-natural, grass fed Angus. The label says "TENDERNESS ENHANCED WITH UP TO 19% OF A SEASONING SOLUTION." Some ingredients, such as dextrose, sodium phosphates and hydrolyzed soy proteins seem decidedly inorganic to me. A few other ingredients, derived from corn, sugar and soy or perhaps canola, have a high probability of coming from genetically modified crops. Fortunately, I only bought a box instead of a case. I don't know what I'm going to do with it.

• As
    asmyth May 16, 2012

Me and my wife were in the front yard and a very colorful van with pictures of steak and seafood all over it (real sharp) pulled up and a man came up and offered us steak and chicken and seafood at wholesale prices. we were reluctant at first so we called city hall to see if they were permitted to sell in our area to which they were so we purchased $379.00 worth of steak and the gentleman gave us a $319.00 case of seafood for free. After he left we immediatly cooked a T- bone and let me tell you how good it was ! it was so tender my wife cut it with her fork ! we are so pleased and we really enjoyed the seafood too ! A Smyth

• Iv
    Ivan buying May 15, 2012

Well IMe and My family have had a great expierience with them their products are wonderful and the drivers are always nice and helpfull! I will continue buying and reccommend them to my friends !

• Ke
    KennyB42 Mar 21, 2012

Yes we went through the whole process. This Company is a Complete Scam.

And they are not affliated with the BBB anymore either. I wonder why? They are scammers turn them into the Police!

• In
    Incredulous but curious Feb 05, 2012

That's similar to my experiences. The price for the 'jI ust want to get rid of it meat' turned out to be $500 which went to $200 as I continued to be incredulous about the quality, then $180, then $170 at which point I was done with the whole issue.

noone123 Sep 22, 2011

Something similar happened to me today. Two guys from "Farm Fresh Foods Inc" were trying to sell me meat from a van. They were saying that they were just trying to get rid of it, and that they were "giving it away". Turned out it was still quite expensive, but maybe a good deal if it's as organic and natural and high-quality as they said. I was searching around to see if this was weird or a scam, and it sounds like something similar has happened to other people. It could be just a strange business practice, so I wonder if this happens to other people. Their website is pretty uninformative, and doesn't even have their prices. They also claim that they have a 100% guarantee, but require product registration to make a complaint, and they do not offer refunds.