Complaints & Reviews

violation of dnc registry

Almost 2 years ago accepted 2 videos as a trial offer from them. Notified customer service we did not wish to purchase additional videos. Two months later the solicitations started--on our cell phone no less. Usually starting around 8 in the morning and they called around 5 times a day from 3 different numbers. I complained and the calls stopped for over a year. Last month, they started calling the cell again from 3 different numbers several times a day. I renewed my Do Not Call registry in January and it is now March. It is well past the period of time where we are considered by DNC to have a business relationship due to receiving those sample videos. My wife and I have both answered their calls and tried to tell the reps "Stop calling this number" and we have both been hung up on in mid-sentence. I called Customer Svc. today and was told we would receive no more calls; and a half-hour later we got yet another call from them. There will be no more family-friendly dialogue from me to them. My polite bone is now broken.

• Nm
    NMT Apr 08, 2010

The problem is, if you listen closely, it is a computer calling. If "they" need to interact with you, it will switch to a live person. Even when talking to a live person, it switches back and forth between computer and person. I have tested my theory, and it is true. If you interrupt, it will pause, then a live person comes on. If you are telling them "do not", or "do n't call", or other "key" words it will hang up on you.

Billy Grahamm Jun 25, 2010

Feature Films for Families is a great company that does what it can to ensure customers are treated with the utmost respect. All requests to be canceled or taken off of the calling list are COMPLETED HONORED. Also as a company FFFF records and monitors employees interactions with customers on a daily basis. Employees found disrespecting customers or doing inappropriate things on the phone are dealt with immediately. Of course the company cannot catch all problems but they do what they can to minimize the number of issues. As for the “recording” spoke about, Feature Films does use a recorded message to communicate with its customers, however a live employee is always on the phone with each customer. The reason some employees use the recording systems is because with a prerecorded message management is able to control what is being said to each customer. If an employee is having a bad day, not feeling well or even if they have speech impediments or heavy accents, the program still allows for customers to get the same clear and concise message each time. Feature Films for Families truly is a great company that provides a needed service to communities across the country. Biased statements like these from a disgruntled former employee should not sway anyone on the good this company is doing for our nation!

• Sl
    sltw Feb 06, 2011

I bought great films from them for my children 20 years ago, when they first began. Then I canceled. Year after year, several times a year, I get a cluster of calls, trying to get me to buy. I have been called at 5am twice and 10:30pm. I do not appreciate being woken up for films I do not buy. I continue to ask them to take my name and number off their list, I have called customer service and guaranteed they would never call again and it would begin the cycle of calls immediately. I have my number on the DNC list and update if frequently. I have a no solicitation on my phone that they keep by-passing. Is there something we can do, legally against them, class action suit or something to stop them?
    I am fed up with them.

cold call

Had two of these calls now.
A cold call asking to speak to 'the lady of the house' and a learnt script, playing on the fact that parents might be concerned about too many films being unsuitable for children but then trying to sell two films.
When I tried to respond the woman making the call rudely talked over me without listening to anything I had to say even though I wasn't trying to be rude - only to say that I didn't want to buy the films but agreed that I was concerned about my children watching unsuitable things.
She spoke over me several times rigidly sticking to her script and I ended up with the impression that the cause was just a front for selling films and it wasn't a genuine campaign to protect children from unsuitable content, just a marketing gimmick.

• Fa
    FarmwifeWa Dec 14, 2009

If this is the company "Feature Films for Families" it is a legitimate company. I'm sorry they had a rude person calling when you were contacted.
    I bought their films for years. They were based out of Utah in the U.S. and I bought good quality video films from them. I actually still own every film they had available at the time (around 1988 through 1995). But my kids grew up and I don't buy from them anymore.

telemarketer harassing my 80 year old mother

My 80 year old mother is still working - she is a teacher at a pre-school (after retiring from an elementary school teaching career). She bought one film - The Velveteen Rabbit - from this organization some time back. Well, she is being harassed with calls from a telemarketer named John. She has told this caller several times now that she does not want any more of their products, and she does not want to be called at home any more. She has specifically asked to be removed from their call list. This guy John still keeps calling her regularly, and often begins the calls now with "now I know that you are upset with me".

I have instructed my mom to simply hang up on him from now on without saying a word, but I do not think that will stop him from calling.

I would strongly recommend against buying anything from this company. I don't care how great their products are.

Based on everything I've read online about this company, I cannot believe they are still in business. I would think they would be getting fined left and right for violations of the do not call law. I guess nobody is pursing that angle, but I sure will.

2cents Dec 03, 2009

I have worked for this company and can tell you it really is a good company. FYI, it is *not* affiliated with any religion. If you simply tell them 'no', they won't keep calling every day. Some customers simply say "she's not here", etc and thus the return calls. The atmosphere in the company is positive and they really are passionate about getting positive entertainment out there for families. If you aren't happy with the calls, you should call their customer service @ 1800-326-4598. They are happy to know what the customer's thoughts/opinions are so that they can change if needed.

• Fi
    Fiery Talons Nov 10, 2011

My mother had ordered movies about 10 years ago. She ordered them for my siblings and I and we enjoyed most. some are still in the package because they just weren't interesting enough to bother watching. It was way too much hassle to even return them for exchange. every year since then she has gotten phone calls even when she would answer the phone and tell them we are not interested anymore they would call back. She told them she would like to be removed every single conversation. They would call at few times a year and they finally only call once a year now. Odd thing is we moved and they know our phone number but not our address thankfully. She has since had a stroke and can't even remember her address most times. She has told them this and they insisted on trying to sell her things just today. What type of company that promotes having morals and family oriented would try and sell someone with a brain injury anything? We have enjoyed their product in the past but enough is enough stop calling people that don't want to be called. Stop calling people that haven't bought anything for over 5+years. Beating a dead horse will not get it to drink, yet trying to convince people to buy your product after told no is just what this company does.

telephone harassment

I have had it with the telemarketing practices of Feature Films for Families. I used to think this company was a good idea and now I am on a mission to tell everyone I know never to get involved with them. I have been called on every day of the week and at all hours of the day and evening. The male who calls our home will not even let you speak and tell him you are not interested in the films any more. He just keeps on with his spiel. I have just had to hang up on him any more. I have filed a complaint with the Do Not Call Registry, etc. to no avail. If the telemarketing practices of this company are any indication of their true motive - making money, they company has lost all value in my view.

• Kj
    kjNE Aug 19, 2009

This happened to me a few months ago with a similar company called Kids First. They claimed to be a kid friendly film company, etc.. and then they harrassed me with phone calls at all hours of the day. I filed a complaint as well and after about a month it finally stopped.

Just yesterday, this Feature Family Films started calling out of no where and now I feel like I'm living the nightmare all over again.

I filed another complaint and I hope it has the same results as last time.

Thank you for sharing!

anti-Family Featured Sep 04, 2009

I too have had many harassing phone calls, the most recent about 20 minutes ago. When I tried to tell the caller that my family has made numerous requests to have our phone number erased from their database, the caller hung up on me. It appears the company is connected with a church based in Utah and maybe this is how some of their missionaries spend their 2 year commitment.

Lucky for me, I just found out my phone service now includes selective call reject and I can assure you this group's number will be the first one programed in.

• Ti
    Tired and Mad Sep 05, 2009

Family Feature Films is an abomination. The worst ever. Three to four calls per week, week in week out. They hang up if you try to tell them to stop. They pretend not to hear you if complain. They just keep calling. They somehow beleive that is they persist you are going to buy their product. How stupid.

Let's get the thousands of pissed off people together and not only stop them but punish them financially for their harrassment.

Any ideas?

• Kn
    knorthon Sep 08, 2009

I am convinced this is a "recording" ... it is very good at responding to key words that you say, but you will notice that he repeats himself and starts over when he gets "confused" ... try saying something that just isn't what they would have programmed for and see what happens.

• Di
    Diana Fazel Nov 28, 2017

ordered dvd a month ago and have not received them yes then they call me and asked me to buy more dvd for Christmas not going to pay for dvd I did not receive will stop payment at my bank today on the movies

• Di
    Diana Fazel Nov 28, 2017

I called the phone number on the film cover and it says the phone has been changed I have called the 1-800-326-4598 and its not in service

harassing calls

UPDATE! Filed a complaint with Utah's Better Business Bureau @ utah.app.bbb.org Filed a complaint with...

harassing calls

My wife made the mistake of purchasing VHS tapes from them 15 years ago. For the last several months "Jessie"...

sent unasked for $200 case of films

They ask people they call to give 5 other friends phone numbers who might be interested and apparently...

rude relentless callers

This company calls 2 to 3 times per day asking for my husband and when I ask him to quit calling he rudely will not listen and state that he will call at another time. I say "Do Not Call Again!".

they keep calling

• Cy
    Cynthia Apr 25, 2009

They called me a year ago and I told them no thank you. They continued to call which left me no other choice but to be very rude. In the last week they have been calling my cell phone which really made me mad. Finally I stayed on long enough to find out why they were calling and they said I owed them $325.oo. That is total crap! The hade the name correct but wrong address. I've lived in the same address for 15 years. They are very relentless, rude people.

relentless phone sales tactics

My mother ordered movies from Feature Films For Families to try and steer me and my sister in the right direction when I was about 12 or 13. We got a few movies and learned that only my mother watched them. No more movies ordered. Now I am 31 and these people still call her house ALL THE TIME. I have answered and told them to please stop calling, just to be told that they had to hear it from my mother herself. That call happened 5 years ago. About 5 minutes ago I told them that I was my mother and interrupted his pitch to tell him that I was incredibly busy at this moment and to please stop calling. Wrong. It went down like this:

'Hello?' -me

'Hello Mrs So And So?' -them

'This is her.' -me

' (pause) This is Jeff calling in conjunction with Feature Films For Families, this isn't our normal call this...' -them

'You know what, actually I am extremely busy right now, could you...' -me

'OK then I will just call back at...' -them

'NO, just don't... -me

'...another time.' -them

'NO YOU LISTEN TO... -me

'Have a great day!' *click* -them

'...me. *sigh*' -me

What a bunch of crap. Every day. Nobody is even interested in watching the movies. Maybe I am wrong. Maybe, and just maybe, stick with me here, my mother and father will have a 13 year old child sometime soon. I hope it's a boy, I have always wanted a brother. If that happens then I will apologize to Feature Films For Families, but until then I will curse their existence at the sky.

• Mo
    mom2mm&gm Sep 07, 2009

They called me too! You were talking to a recording set up to respond to your answers. A way to save money on telemarketeers salaries. I think it is sad that you considered the movies only appropriate for children based on the fact that it has no sex, nudity, foul language, or violence. l wish you would have watched the movies. Your heart may have been touch. We have several of these movies and they all have been great with a message. A big shout out to a company trying to put GOD back into our lives. Our family would like to see more clean movies. I wish you a more open mind. Have a great day.

• Kn
    knorthon Sep 09, 2009

They should not use the "recording", once you figure it out you somehow feel violated. They should tell you up front that it is a recording with voice activated responses, then you wouldn't be so frustrated that they don't listen to you. Next time they call I will try something like Mary had a little lamb, and see what happens. I have asked them to NEVER call me and they still do. Even if they put out good products, they should care about their marketing tactics.

My two cents

PS- you are talking to a live operator the whole time

won't stop calling

They will not stop calling - at least 6 months after I told them I did not want to purchase something from...

sales calls

After asking repeatedly to please not call, I have finally started to file complaints. They call every week...

excessive phone calls

Used to buy stuff from them all the time in the 1990's, then did not hear from the company for several...

violation of do not call registry

While this company does provide decent family films, I find their marketing practices to be unethical - which...

rip off company

My husband ordered movies from this company many years ago, and our daughter enjoyed them. That was over 10...