Family Savings Clubkept charging me even I already cancelled it.

M Jun 26, 2018 Review updated:

They called me to tell me that I will get worth of $100 gift cheque. And they will email me once I finish the process of registration. I did not get any email and the gift cheque. I called them to cancel my subscription but I was so surprised that they kept charging me! Then I call them again and the named Victor said that it was already cancelled last june 15th. But they still charging me! They are full of [censored]! This company is a big time scammer! Don't trust them!!!

• He
    Heidi Bennet-Martin Nov 07, 2018

Why do people fall for this!!! If it is to good to be true, don't FALL FOR IT! Same goes for IRS calls and Credit card companies that claim they can lower your interest rate. They ALL want personal information and want you to give them your credit/debit card number. Be smart, don't give out ANY personal information over the phone, especially when the person on the other end has a very heavy accent. They are all scammers!!!

Joe_Mahma Feb 14, 2019

@Heidi Bennet-Martin You're so right! These scams rely on people's greed, and people all too easily take their unbelievable bait!
    This wouldn't happen if people performed the simplest due diligence before allowing their privacy and finances to be violated. Ask what their company name and/or web address is and check up on it; usually they don't have a website and will hang up, and if you search their name, you'll find a slew of scam alerts. Think long and hard right now about why a company would give a $100 gift card for next to nothing or offer 0% interest on all of your credit cards. What business does business by losing money, without a justifiable return on investment, just because they say you visited a web site or bought something online? What bank would offer 0% interest and make a profit, without changing their terms by adding a huge monthly/annual fee? The former won't be done over the phone, and the latter requires your signature anyway, so stew on that. Plus, I'm told credit card companies won't call you to say, "We don't want to earn any money from you anymore and will provide our services for free." They won't call you just to offer a lower rate (not 0%), either. That would be like taking earnings off the table, and no business would rationally just offer to start losing money.
    Unfortunately, there are enough people who fall for these scams to make it a profitable industry in India, Pakistan, the Phillipines, and other Asian countries. You have to think rationally about the veracity of some stranger(usually with a thick accent) offering something too good to be true, don't jump at their ridiculous bait, and don't don't let your greed compromise your privacy and finances!
    Also unfortunate is that senior citizens are defrauded in these scams, many who could use the benefits offered, if only they were real; instead they are taken advantage of by offshore, lowlife scam artists. It's a real shame.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices