Menu
Falou - Fast language learning Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Falou - Fast language learning
reviews and complaints

www.falou.app

Learn how the rating is calculated

3.8 40 Reviews

How responsive is Falou - Fast language learning's customer service?

18 Resolved
3 Unresolved
On the path to perfection 🏔️
Falou - Fast language learning has a very responsive customer support, but for a perfect rating, they’d need to visit ComplaintsBoard more frequently to check complaints and respond to them promptly 😉 As for reviewers, we can advise them to carefully read customer complaints (both positive and negative) and note aspects that can help in efficient problem-solving.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Falou - Fast language learning has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
Write a review File a complaint

Falou - Fast language learning language learners reviews and complaints 40

Newest Falou - Fast language learning reviews and complaints

S
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Falou - Fast language learning Good concept, lots of room for improvement

I really like the concept of the speaking lessons and being put in everyday situations and learning appropriate phrases and responses. I do think that if you want to truly learn a language, this should be used as a supplement alongside other resources, vocabulary/grammar references, native material, etc. You should also absolutely study the sentences, extract the relevant grammar from them so that you study grammar in context and in bite-sized pieces, and memorize the sentences using SRS, repetition, or some other memory technique to make them more automatic. I do not believe there is any one resource that can get you fluent, but this is definitely a non-conventional method that makes sense to me. It is a good way to get comprehensible input and practice it!

Now there is lots of room for improvement. The things that stood out to me are as follows:

1. Firstly, the slower, learner-like speed of the audio. For beginner and intermediate, it’s fine, but as you get towards upper intermediate to advanced, the audio appears to keep the same speed. This, in my opinion is not good. As you get more advanced, the audio speed should be gradually increased to native-level speed.

2. The listening section needs transcripts. It is proven that the best way to improve listening is through listening to things that are slightly above your level, and having a transcript available. I could not find any transcripts in this section and the speed, again, does not appear to change much as you go from easy to hard listening exercises...

3. The speech-to-text is pretty iffy at times. This might be a technological limitation problem and I am sure it will improve over time as Falou works on it and as the world itself and the AI and machine learning community discover new ways to improve natural language processing algorithms and training.

4. From using the app for about an hour, I did not notice too many deliberate memory techniques employed in the app for the purpose of efficiently memorizing the phrases in the speaking exercises. Because of this, a user of the app should do their due diligence and find ways to deliberately memorize the important phrases they see themselves using, using something like SRS, repetition, memory places, whatever works best for them, as the app doesn’t really seem to help you with that.

Overall, the concept is great and I can see myself using it for beginning a language alongside other materials and an ease-in to intermediate and advanced levels, but again, because the audio does not increase in speed over time, using primarily this resource won’t allow you to understand native content because they speak much faster, so ALWAYS supplement this with native-intended resources and use this for a nice way to practice speaking when you don’t have someone immediately in front of you.

E
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Falou - Fast language learning Falou

You have to be extremely patient. They have native speakers say words for you but depending on the language. You need more than a native speaker speaking to correctly say a word. You’ll be asking yourself “how should this letter really be pronounced as well as these letter combinations?” This is not taught, you only learn as you continue, they will give you very hard words to pronounce with very little assistance, In about 5 minutes into the app.

I need to be taught something before I start trying to speak a language I know nothing about. There is no breakdown of sentences, you have to assume that words mean certain things. Actually it does say what they mean when you click on a certain word, but(!) they don’t explain why words mean something different when put into a sentence. I believe this is key information when learning a new language. Sadly this app does not help at all in this way. I am going sentence after sentence getting frustrated because half the time the voice recognition is not understanding me when I am saying a word 10 plus times. And I am clicking on the word to hear the native speaker each and every single time.

I paid money to use this and I am beyond frustrated every single time I do a “speaking” or “challenge” lesson. The writing is a joke but I understand they needed something to break up the monotony of getting back that error message each time you fail to pronounce a sentence in the other two lessons.

Now mind you, maybe you are thinking “this guy just doesn’t now how to pronounce words in a new language” but I love learning new languages and I love trying out apps like this one, duolingo, memerise, drops, Babbel, busuu, Mango etc..

I’m not just trying out a new language, I love this stuff! That is why I’m writing this review, how on earth does this app have so many good reviews?!

They use the same sentences for every single language. And as the lessons go on all they do is use old lessons but change which speaker you are in the lesson. So again you are saying all these words that aren’t explain you just have to keep saying them over and over. And get use to that stupid message coming up “You are saying this wrong.” Also something frustrating is certain words are ALWAYS failing to be recognized. Example being in Russian “�'ы” the way you say it is Vea. But it is constantly not recognized. Also cheeseburger in a Spanish lesson I did.

Yes, I have tried Spanish, French, Portuguese, Russian and Korean on this app. Obviously I will have a harder time with Russian and Korean but there are still parts of Spanish that make me want to break my phone half because of the voice recognition.

I don’t recommend this app. If you are constantly throwing sentences at people, help us out. Grammar is VERY important in generating sentences in a new language because sentence structure is different depending on the language. I understand wanting to have conversations in a new language but tell me what the sentences actually mean. I know that in most languages when you see a sentence it isn’t as simple as “say this and you will be right every time” there are a lot of rules and word combinations change those rules constantly.

I will give this five stars so more people see my review.

A

Falou - Fast language learning Frustrating

Overall this app could be great. I keep getting extremely frustrated when it has me repeated the same work or phrases time and time again and says I’m doing it wrong. I can change my tone, speed, and expression but it won’t recognize it as correct. This app has yet to accept my s’il-vous-plait no matter how many times I try it. Another issue I have is that I will say the word and it won’t recognize that I said anything. It just keeps the mic open even though I’ve said the phrase multiple times.

B
Falou - Fast language learning has left an official reply on this complaint.

Falou - Fast language learning Cannot reset to easier setting…it’s too difficult

I selected what I thought May be my level when I first downloaded the app. And was intrigued so bought the subscription. But the level I selected is too difficult, more advanced than where I am in my progress.

Therefore, I don’t know if this is useful or a good app - because I feel stuck. And the website support says that they do not support resetting the language level.

This is a not a bug, but rather a neglected feature. Please talk to your product people and have this prioritized in the roadmap.

M
Falou - Fast language learning has left an official reply on this complaint.

Falou - Fast language learning At first I wrote a good review saying how you didn’t have to pay and how amazing the app is

At first I wrote a good review saying how you didn’t have to pay and how amazing the app is... and I also thought that the only reason they will ask you to pay is if you want premium.. if you are the kind of person that don’t like paying for a stupid language app.. don’t download this one cause at first you all happy thinking you having these classes for free.. but next thing you know.. “only premium are allowed” highly recommend before, but if you are one that like having language classes free. (Do not recommend)

B
Falou - Fast language learning has left an official reply on this complaint.

Falou - Fast language learning The offer !

Hey there reader, these are my concerns about this app. Firstly, I really dislike how the premium offer keeps popping up on my screen if I do not subscribe to it. I also dislike how I can only do the first lesson and not any of the other lessons if I do not subscribe to the premium offer. Lastly, I dislike how some of the lessons only focus on very little things, so I can’t really learn a new language with this app. So in conclusion, I don’t think the app is very beneficial for others to get. Yours truly, this gal.

Falou - Fast language learning has left an official reply on this complaint.

Falou - Fast language learning I want to rate it better…

But I can’t because I somehow can’t get past the first lesson. When I try to speak into the mic, Falou doesn’t catch it. I double checked if my mic works (which it does) and double checked the settings on the app and on my phone and it all looks good. I even turned my phone on/off and uninstall/reinstalled the app too.

Sad….I couldn’t even use the 3-day free trial because the app just wasn’t working properly for me. This is why I rate it a 2 because I love the idea and wanted so desperately to work, but sorely disappointed

H
Falou - Fast language learning has left an official reply on this complaint.

Falou - Fast language learning Voice recognition has gotten worse. There's been multiple updates since my last review

Voice recognition needs a serious update sometimes it will recognize a word just for it to disappear before I finish a sentence. It's still not recognizing a few words in some sentences. For example the sentence : Oye ,a donde te gusteria ir hot. Sometime it doesn’t recognize donde and recently it hasn’t been hearing hoy. I know that I am saying it correctly because Falou isn’t the only resource that I use to learn Spanish. I also have Spanish speaking friends and family.. Please fix it voice recognition,it has took many bugs.

Falou - Fast language learning has left an official reply on this complaint.

Falou - Fast language learning Don’t buy! they offer half off after a few lessons

I’m updating my review. This app is out for money. They offer 90 dollars to buy the course but after a few lessons they offer half off. I feel bad for anyone who bought it full price. This app teaches you languages but is very annoying because it will count words you were not close on as correct and word to spoke correctly as wrong. I have had multiple people that speak Spanish tell me I’m saying “mirame” correctly but I keeps saying its wrong. I even recorded the speaker and played it back to see if it would take it as correct and it didn’t. If I could take back my purchase I would.

O

Falou - Fast language learning Lacks a good follow through

The listening section of the app lacks the intentionality and expertise that is placed in the lessons. Each listening exercise is basically garble. As a person learning a language having the translation to my native language following the foreign language is essential and is a basic tenet of learning called scaffolding. At this point the app is at best half baked but when it’s finished then they might have something that rivals Pimsleur or even Rosetta Stone. (Summary) Add translations after listening exercises and keep refining your voice recognition for your speaking exercises.
Sincerely, Annual Subscriber.

O

Falou - Fast language learning Hard in app sales ruined it

I wasn’t even sure I liked it and had 5 minutes with this app before it started selling me hard out the gate. Pressuring me every step. It ruined my initial experience. I wanted to like it but I needed to experience it. Same for my friend, she felt the same.

***UPDATE AFTER COMPANY RESPONSE***
In reply to the company saying those videos were instructional: You are lying to me and everyone that sees this. You know very well that the commercials were pressuring me into paying money. The commercials literally ask you to sign up for premium every step of they way begging for money before you figure out if it’s useful or enjoyable.

That is not instructional.

Falou - Fast language learning Great concept. Not so great execution

This app looked very interesting to me. I really love the concept of speech recognition to help with pronunciation. However, the words it is teaching for eastern languages like Japanese and Korean are incorrect. First It’s teaching very casual, non formal words which will make you sound very rude and does not account for cultural differences. For example, the word they are teaching as just “hello” in Korean (여보세요) technically means hello, but you only use it on the phone not on the streets. If you were to use it to someone you just met, they would think it extremely strange. I think this app has a great idea but needs to put in a bit more research and effort into some of their material.

E

Falou - Fast language learning It’s kindave good I guess

Yesterday I got the app and it actually helped but there’s something really annoying even if I say a word right it thinks that I say it wrong and makes me do it again and again and again so many times it’s really annoying making me really want to delete the app I don’t know if I will I probably will tho bc that is really annoying

Edit: I reinstalled it and tapped on Spanish
(my main language even tho I talk completely fine in it)
To see if the same thing happened and yes it did say I did it wrong when I speak Spanish well and said it right

Ive been so desperate to try to learn Japanese and you just do this to me I hate this app I literally have been trying to learn Japanese for over a year

F

Falou - Fast language learning Russian language user

Program constantly has trouble picking up audio, regardless of device or wifi. Also having no experience with the Russian language or experience with the Cyrillic alphabet made it extremely difficult learning basic phrases that were introduced that had several sounds in single word. Some sort of basic intro to the alphabet or simpler words might help as I struggled to respond back when a few of the phrases given to me to say were long and without being able to read I struggled to memorize what to say to the app when prompted. Compiling that with the program unable to recognize I said certain words (no matter how I said them!) made this feel like an app with good intentions that needs more follow through. Perhaps this is better for other languages.

I

Falou - Fast language learning Um

I am learning Korean on here and the text that it wants me to say is completely different from what the audio says. And when it doesn’t show the text and I have to listen to the audio, it wants me to say what the text says even though it’s different and I can’t see it. This is an error, please fix it. Also why do I have to wait so many hours for my next lesson? Duolingo is better in my opinion, you can play as much as you want to and it rarely has errors. Also, in Korean you need to speak formally when talking to a stranger; but on this app when it tells you you are talking to someone you just met, it wants you to use informal language. This is not right, this shouldn’t be what is being taught to people who know nothing about the language or culture.

A

Falou - Fast language learning Truly believe this could have been good

I’ll start by saying, I really like and vibe with the learning approaches within this app, they fit my brain style so well and I feel like I could actually learn. This app has the potential to be one of the best on here! Unfortunately, this app is also very obnoxious. The forced animoji videos come across very fake, forced, and made me immediately want to delete the app. They give off the feeling of a cheap app that doesn’t value its users, and I just feel like it’s a really obnoxious and poor way to try and seek money from users. Apps cost money, and devs need to be able to make something off of them, so I totally get it! This is just not the way. The videos were too much and I don’t think I can continue to use the app because of it. If they remove them entirely, I’d love to redownload!

M

Falou - Fast language learning Ummm

OK so when I first downloaded the app I was like oh my God yay but then I started getting lower and lower and learning more and then It asked for a premium I was like dude I’m a little kid how am I supposed to pay some of you might be thinking just ask your parents well I don’t want to ask them for money especially at that price anyway I kept looking and it was all premium so I looked for different apps and I found Duolingo it’s so amazing you don’t have to pay for anything I learned so much the only thing I have to pay for is premium and it’s really low and it only removes ads and gives you a little bit a premium but it’s not for premium most of the stuff on there is free there’s only a few things that you need premium for and that’s it I’ve been using it since and I know so much I totally recommend Duolingo thanks for reading bye.

D

Falou - Fast language learning Meh

So when I just opened the app it was pretty nice, it did have a few errors where it didn’t capture my mistake but that’s really common for a app. After some lessons I noticed there were a lot premium offers so I declined. Then it kept giving me pop up adds Again, so I declined again but that only made it worse. So after I was done with the each lesson there would l o n g adds for 14 minutes Straight talking about how I should get premium, since there adds had no skip button I had no option but to watch it. I was still not interested into buying it. I keep declining the offers but they just keep popping up. Then they made it cheaper which was okay but I still wasn’t going to get it. So finally after the 14 Minutes was up I got to finish my lessons without getting adds and I finally started to get better but then of COURSE you have to have premium to stay on the app for 6 hours! really you have limited time to stay on a app and watch really long adds just to stay on the app?

G

Falou - Fast language learning The developer responses are fake

Hello, first, I wanted to give this no stars but I had to give one. On to the matter at hand. When the developers say “we care about your opinion and will use this to further better our app” they are just pacifying you to make you want to keep using the app while you wait for a change that will not happen. Also, they say that you can “still use this app for free” they are saying a half truth. You can use it for free, for 30 minutes! This kind of fraud and lying to customers proves that these people are not to be trusted. They will not change a thing about this app that needs to be changed, only small glitches that don’t lose them money to fix. Also, part of why I deleted this app is because of the marketing. They give you a “great deal just for you” and try to say that time will run out. Time may run out but then they will give you a “better first year offer and it starts over and the personal offer they made is actually given to everyone, These people are lying to y’all and are trying make you feel like you have to buy stuff. Newsflash: you don’t!

L

Falou - Fast language learning This apps techniques are sketchy and criminal

Hi, I’m wyatt. I’ve been studying for a bit with this app and I’d like to share some of the weird and sketchy ways this app trying to pry open your wallet so they can get a quick buck. Normally, the premium is $140 a year. But there’s a “Last Chance” deal, which is really impulsive of the app, that makes it $30 a year. They also make it very last chance, as in, they give you a timer to let you know that it’s “now or never” or something along those lines.
I believe they could just make the app $30 in general, because that’s not absurd. However, making it $140 a year is really not okay. If it turns out you hate the app, your one time payment is a waste, but for $30 that’s not the end of the world.

It’s really sketchy to promote these features as a favor, when it’s just a tactic to make you get out your debit card. The apple App Store has gotten so out of hand with how much goes under the radar, but I believe this is an unfair practice. Stop pressuring people into buying your app, it’s annoying and kind of suspicious.

I like this app, other than how much it tries to force ads and payments down your throat like a landlord.

Read full review of Falou - Fast language learning and 1 comment

1 comment
N
N
Nadia Alamoudi
, US
Nov 13, 2023 11:54 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Hello. I recently purchased the app and paid the subscription for Premium. mine expires next year, however when I open the app it doesn't allow me to choose another language and wants to charge me for another premium subscription. Can you look into this matter, Thank you.

Falou - Fast language learning In-depth Review

User Interface and Navigation: Falou has an intuitive and user-friendly interface, making it easy for learners to navigate and have a seamless browsing experience. The clear and organized layout of the platform enhances efficient learning.

Course Content and Structure: Falou offers a diverse range of language courses with a comprehensive and well-structured curriculum. The engaging and interactive lessons, along with varied learning materials such as audio, video, and written exercises, ensure an immersive learning experience.

Teaching Methods and Techniques: Falou employs effective teaching methods tailored to different learning styles. Interactive exercises and quizzes promote active learning, while pronunciation practice and speech recognition technology enhance language skills. Regular assessments help learners track their progress.

Language Learning Tools and Resources: Falou provides access to a wide range of language learning resources, including vocabulary builders, grammar guides, and language exercises. The platform also offers cultural insights and real-life scenarios for practical application, along with language proficiency tests and progress tracking features.

Mobile App Experience: Falou offers a mobile app for convenient learning on-the-go. The app seamlessly synchronizes with the web platform, allowing learners to access course materials offline for uninterrupted learning.

Community and Support: Falou has an active community of learners, providing opportunities for language practice and interaction. The platform also has a dedicated support team that offers prompt assistance. Discussion forums and language exchange opportunities further enhance the learning experience, and regular updates and additional resources are provided for continuous improvement.

Pricing and Value for Money: Falou has a transparent pricing structure with affordable options. Learners can take advantage of free trials or demo lessons. The platform offers value for money with its comprehensive course content and resources, and flexible subscription plans cater to individual needs.

Customer Feedback and Reviews: Falou has received positive customer reviews and testimonials, indicating a high satisfaction rate among learners. The platform is responsive to user suggestions and concerns, continuously making improvements and updates based on feedback.

Customer Support and Communication: Falou provides prompt and helpful customer support through multiple channels of communication, including email, chat, and phone. Learners can expect clear and timely communication regarding updates and changes to the platform.

Overall Experience and Recommendation: Overall, Falou offers a highly effective and enjoyable learning experience. It is recommended for learners of all types, thanks to its strengths in user interface, course content, teaching methods, and language learning tools. While there is always room for improvement, Falou provides excellent value and effectiveness for language learning.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Contact Falou - Fast language learning customer service

Website

Our Commitment

We stand for unbiased reviews

We help resolving issues

We advocate freedom of speech

We ensure transparent and fair ratings

We care about your privacy

We are easy, free and open to everyone

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Falou - Fast language learning?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Falou - Fast language learning Customer Service. Initial Falou - Fast language learning complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Falou - Fast language learning above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Falou - Fast language learning. Discuss the issues you have had with Falou - Fast language learning and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.