Menu
CB Colleges and Universities Excelsior College 7 Columbia Cir, Albany, NY, 12203, US
Excelsior College company logo
Excelsior College
reviews & complaints
Excelsior College company logo

Excelsior College

7 Columbia Cir, Albany, NY, 12203, US
Learn how the rating is calculated
2 complaints
File a complaint Write a review
Working hours
ComplaintsBoard
W
12:51 pm EST

Excelsior College - Financial aid / ombudsman program

I was a student at Excelsior College for one semester. When I attempted to schedule classes for the following semester, I was told that no Pell Grant money had been applied to my account for the first semester, so I owed the school $1000. I spoke with financial aid who told me that they needed some tax documents. I know that this is typical, and I did my best to comply. I sent what they requested but they responded that it wasn't what they needed. They gave further instructions and I sent something else, but it was still not what they needed. This went back and forth for literally months. Every time I submitted what I thought they needed, they took a week or two and told me it wasn't right. They were very slow in the review and response process. Months later they were finally satisfied. Everything in my record was correct from the beginning and the whole thing was just a waste of time. Now that their questions were answered though, it was too late to apply the grant money leaving me with the whole balance. They said that there was nothing that they could do. They referred me to the Ombudsman (Ombudsperson?) who also couldn't do anything to help me. My debt was sent to a collection agency! I am about to retire from a 22-year career in the US Navy and need to buy a house when I move, and I was reported to a debt collector. I paid the full balance the day after I received the letter in the mail.

I am supremely disappointed in Excelsior College. I would have spent so much more money at this school once I retired. They could have had my entire GI bill. But now I will go somewhere else. Seems like a silly business decision to me. I will tell everyone I can how Excelsior works. I will find as many places as I can to post about it. I am so disappointed.

Desired outcome: Inform the public about bad business practices at Excelsior College

Read full review of Excelsior College
Hide full review
ComplaintsBoard
K
1:47 am EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Excelsior College - It's a scheme.

I was enrolled in the LPN to RN program via The College Network (another group of crooks). This college charges all kinds of fees that go up on a regular basis. They claim that they are there for the student, but that is not true. Calling them is a headache, if you can get anyone on the phone. The lost my application for clinical. When I finally got to...

Read full review of Excelsior College and 111 comments