Era Stroman aka Stroman RealtyBetter stay away from this company

A few years ago we were contacted by them to sell our time share. We had to scrape together the $499 to even try and get out from under the payments and annual dues. All contact with the company was initiated by me and it took a few years to sell, by that time we had lowered our asking price to the point that we took a loss on our taxes and even had to pay an additional amount of money just to get rid of the time share. We were so thankful to be out from under the financial burden.

More Era Stroman aka Stroman Realty Complaints & Reviews

Mae Roque Feb 04, 2008

We listed our Polo Towers timeshare with Stroman Realty since July 2006 and even after lowering our price to half of what she (Mary Brooks) said she can sell our timeshare still no offers. We also paid $499.00

• Ti
    Tim Crosby Feb 06, 2008

I agree 1000% no make that a million percent. I scrapped together the $500 too, about ten YEARS ago. I lowered my selling price to less than $500, just to see if anyone would buy it. As of today, I have yet to receive ONE offer in the entire time I've been with them. It was certainly an expensive lesson to learn that the "best and biggest" sellers are no different than anyone else - out to make a fast buck. My advice, say your money to make next years maint fee.

• Ya
    yaboo Mar 14, 2008

Yep, good ol' Stroman. They didn't EXACTLY tell me that they could get me a particular price, but their slick rep told me that we'd set this great price, but that when my phone rang, I'd better answer it and be available to sign the paperwork and return it so that we could close the deal. I'm sure if I had taped the conversation, this snakeoil peddling company never told me they could get any particular price, but BOY did they imply that our price would have people begging to buy it.

Then each time I called Stroman afterward, they acted like they never heard of me. I asked for some examples of what they've sold other similar units for. They would NEVER give me a number. I said I understand that what they got for another unit doesn't mean that I'd get that much for my unit. But give me a number. NOPE, they wouldn't ever give me a number. So that's probably 6 years ago. I've dropped my price over and over, but nothing. They've never called; they never did anything. They took my "listing fee" and ran.

Avoid using Stroman!

• Be
    Bernie Andersen Jul 01, 2008

We used Stroman and didn't get results for 2 years. When we did it ends up that the "buyer" of our Maui time share was an employee at Stroman. That was not disclosed to us and we were told that the buyer had done his due diligence and just knew the value of the property. His offer was half of what we paid for it. When i did finally get closing documents it was for a different buyer. They had bought it off E-bay for a thousand more than what the Stroman employee had offered and were charging us in addition to the listing fee another thousand for their commission and then the other buyer had to pay the closing fee's. There is something that really stinks about this company and I would love to have an attorney take a look at how they operate. I'm sure that something is wrong here.

Chad Nov 13, 2008

Funny, seems the writer of this original blog actually was able to sell their timeshare thru Stroman, but was upset because they took a loss from the original price? Any one expecting to sell a timeshare for a profit put WAY to much faith in the unlicenced-snakeoil peddling salesman that sold them the timeshare at the resort in the first place. Ever wonder why the resorts do not want you to think about your purchace before making it, but rather pressure you into buying today? Because they know timeshares do not appreciate and they want to avoid you shopping for a better deal than they can offer because they know they are out there! I have worked with Stroman on MANY deals and have had no problems, but of course I know that the idea of making a profit on a timeshare is absurd, who would pay more than what they could purchace the unit for at the resort?

• Lc
    L. C. Feb 19, 2009

DID YOU WORK WITH OR DO YOU WORK FOR THEM? The complaintant lost money and paid additional fees on top of that just to get rid of the headache. We spoke with Patti and she stated they advertised online, but most of their sales came from advertisements in publications, magazines and personal sales. A few months after our agreement and payment, I asked to see any of these publications in which she advertised. None could be produced and she claimed they didn't have the money to advertise in them. WTF was I paying for? When I checked the website ad it was as plain and generic as an ad could get. So was the ad she placed for a week in England, which she was to collect $200 if she sold it. We would have had to go as low as that to sell it and she knew it, which she later admitted. By the way, that week was in Dec. '08 and the ad is still on the website! Now that's what I call no service. I could have placed ads on craigslist, backpage, ebay and other websites and gotten more exposure than I got with this company. I knpw the market has taken a dive since we listed with them and knew I'd be lucky to get 50 percent of the timeshare's value. However, I expected a little service for what we paid, which has yet to happen. It's unfortunate they aren't in Florida, cause we would definitely take legal action. The laws in Texas are more laxed and getting them for dishonest tactics is much harder.

• Gh
    GHS Aug 03, 2009

I've had our timeshare listed with Rii Stroman since July 3, 2007. I've had no contact initiated by them at all from this company since that date. I was told that I would be contact whenever they received an offer for my timeshare. To date that has not happened. It would seem that they just took my money and made no attempt to actually sell the timeshare

• Ar
    armando5908 Aug 25, 2009

Very true... once you buy a time share your stuck with it... until you die

Johnson5 Aug 26, 2009

I have bought and sold timeshares with Stroman for many years with great success. All of the agents are licensed Realtors and provide outstanding service. In my opinion, no other timeshare resale broker does a better job. I guess Stroman's many years of experience is what I value most. This complaint is unfortunate especially due to the fact that the property did get sold by Stroman. Isn't 1 of the most common complaints when selling your home or any other real estate usually that it took longer than you wanted to sell?

• Bn
    bnotarius Nov 04, 2009

We have two timeshares, one in Orlando and one in Hawaii, that we PAID $600.00 to Stroman to list and SELL our property. That was one year ago. We never heard from anyone at Stroman after the got our money and repeated calls to them and the listing agent were never returned. We have since spoken to other timeshare realty companies and were given this piece of advice. NEVER< NEVER pay any upfront money to anyone that tries to sell your timeshare. Stroman is not a reputable company and I would never recommend them to anyone. We feel swindled out of our money and got nothing for the money we sent them. It is easy to promise results but this company is really bad in delivering results. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH STROMAN REALTY.

• Bu
    Bummed in Colorado Jan 12, 2010

So anyone know of a reputable company to sell your timeshare??

• Un
    unsatisfiedstromanncustomer Jan 26, 2010

we should get a class action lawsuit against this company

• Re
    re agent Feb 26, 2010

I worked for Stroman for a couple of months. The emphasis there is on listing timeshares rather than selling them. They have an enormous backlog of timeshares for every property and continue to take the $599 advertising fee from people who are have already been stung from the loss of buying the timeshare and paying the annual maintenance fees. Many of the salespeople are for Stroman are liars or, at best, they rationalize participating in the scam. The real estate commission or attorney general should shut them down or at the very least, make them provide disclosure of resale data on how often and for how much these timeshares are being resold. If you read this wondering if you should do business with Stroman, my advice would be to hold on to your money. I'm not disgruntled. I wasn't fired. I could have stayed there, if my conscience would have let me.

ouch2 May 04, 2010

stroman is a ripoff and like others maket pro time share time share mega media, pluss i imagine thousands all rip off they take your money and never hear anything from them, even when you lower the amount you lower your selling amount still nothing . MY ADVICE DON'T PAY THEM ANYTHING LET THEM TAKE A COMMISION OUT OF THE SALE ! THANKS CARL MCCLAIN

• wow, I love the internet!!! I was called by Stroman rep, he was good. He was so smooth I was ready to give him my credit card # right there; it sounded to good to be true, you know what they say, sounds too good it probably is!! Now I get too call him back, ask him how he can do this for a living & feel good about himself. I hope others check comments so this doesn't happen to them..

Ouch got Burned Jan 21, 2011

JUST SAY NO - - to Era Stroman. We fell for the same trap the majority of the posts have shared. We paid the $499 over15 years ago - - yeah, a LONG time ago. We've never had one offer. After about five years of slowly dropping it, we put it up for $500. Still, never had one offer. It was a complete and total loss of $499 with tons of stress and frustration trying to keep contact w/them, lowering the "bid / offer", etc. As a few have written - you're stuck with the timeshare for life - sadly.

no man stroman Jan 29, 2011

Thanks guys, for posting your compaints.I used them to decide whether I would use Stroman to sell my timeshare.
    I definitly will not be.

• Sw
    S Warner Feb 10, 2011

I'm another one who got stung by Stroman. I've been trying to call for the last two days and the phone rings and rings until it goes dead. I've navigated thru the voicemail maze by telling them I wanted to buy a timeshare, I got through immediately to a live body. But to my dismay, she transferred me once I told her what I needed and again it rang and rang and no one answered. I'm afraid I'm out my $599, expensive lesson to learn. We've had ours up for sale now for a year, I've tried to find our ad on the internet and cannot. Additionaly it's not listed in their so called inventory of Marriott Maui Ocean Club properties for sale. We didn't expect to sell it quick, we know the market, however our price is below market value and still not a single inquiry.

• Du
    duanesh May 14, 2011

Buying a time share is the worst investment especially if it is not a resale. If you paid $12000 for a unit expect to get $2000 3000 for it. We are in a world recesion. If you have a bad week expect less.

• Cb
    C.B.F Jun 23, 2011

WE PAID THEM ALSO ABOUT 4 YRS AGO FOR A WONDERFUL PLACE IN VEGAS BY THE MOUNTAINS. I JUST DON'T FLY ANYMORE. SO, IT WAS TIME TO SELL. DROPPED THE PRICE ONCE. NOW I LIVE IN THE SAME CITY AS STROMAN AND I AM GOING OVER THERE. I DO AGREE THAT THE ATTORNEY GENERAL SHOULD GET INVOLVED .
    MILLIONS ARE MADE AND NOTHING IS SOLD !!!

James Moore Jun 13, 2012

Not everyone who tries to sell their timeshare, whether trough Stroman, or another means will sell their timeshare quickly. They cannot guarantee that a timeshare will be sold, as they can’t. Some people may price their property too high, preventing buyers from placing an offer. Other people may be trying to sell a property that is not in high demand by buyers. I have dealt with Stroman before and can tell you from experience that they can and do sell timeshares. Stroman will charge you an up front fee in order to sell your timeshare, however, this fee ensures that your property will we marketed via newspapers, magazines, trade journals, USA today, their website and through their direct mail program, which sends out millions of pieces of mail annually. Also, it helps to deal with a licensed realtor, since they must operate by higher standards than timeshare advertising companies do. If you want to buy or sell timeshare, Stroman is a good option… While they don’t sell everyone’s timeshare, they do sell a lot and have the experience and resources to help you get it sold.

Ouch got Burned Jun 13, 2012

COME ON James, that is SO FAR off base. I personally dropped my offer to ONE dollar. It's been over 15 years and I have NEVER had ONE SINGLE offer to buy my time share. Again NOT one offer from Stroman who I thought was a licensed realtor.
    I recently got out of the US Army after over 2 1/2 decades. I told every single person I came in contact with (and still do) to avoid Stroman at ALL costs, as they are simple pissing money into the wind. They would make more money if they buried their $499 in the backyard.

BTW, how come there are ZERO testimonies of people who have successfully "sold" their Time share through Stroman???

• Zo
    zorro90 Oct 18, 2012

My grandmother had a timeshare for over 15 years and was sick and tired of paying for the maintenance fee every year. So we decided to try and find a way to sell our timeshare. As I looked through the paperwork that my grandmother had saved over the years, I saw that they originally did their business with Stroman Realty. I figured if they were the ones that were involved in my grandmother buying the timeshare, they could help in selling the time share. So I called up Stroman and they promised that they could sell my grandmother's timeshare. I, unfortunately, did not do any research on Stroman and after much "smooth talking, " the real estate agent convinced me that after paying an upfront fee of $599, they would be able to list my grandmothers' timeshare and have it sold within a month. BIG MISTAKE!!! FIRST, I specifically asked the real estate (before giving her my credit car info) if the time share can be sold even though my grandmother owed $900 worth of maintenance fees. The woman reassured that the timeshare could still be sold although my grandma had that debt. Lo and behold, the following day after giving these scam artists my $599, I received a phone call from the collection agency informing us that WE CANNOT SELL our timeshare UNTIL WE PAID THE MAINTENANCE FEE!!! STROMAN LIED TO ME!!! When I called Stroman back telling them that they misled me and that I wanted my $599 back, the real estate agent THEN (she did not tell me when we first spoke) decided to tell me that the $599 was NON-REFUNDABLE!!! I WAS OUTRAGED!! Immediately I contacted my bank and disputed the charge. Thankfully because I did not sign any contract and right away disputed the charge, my bank fought for me and I was able to get the $599 credited back into my account. I never heard from Stroman again. THEY ARE SCAM ARTIST AND SHOULD BE BROUGHT DOWN!!! The real estate agent that I spoke to was rude and obnoxious. She lied to me about several things and was difficult to talk to. PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH STROMAN. We are now in the process of donating our timeshare and although we won't be getting any profit, the burden of not having to pay anymore maintenance fees will be a blessing.

• Zo
    zorro90 Oct 18, 2012

STAY AWAY FROM STROMAN REALTY!!! when i contacted them in hopes that they would help sell my grandmother's time share, they misled me. My grandmother owed $900 worth of maintenance fees, and I specifically asked the real estate agent if it was possible to still sell the time share although my grandmother had this debt. The woman reassured that yes it was still possible to sell the timeshare. Lo and behold after paying the upfront fee of $599 to Stroman, I received a phone call from the collection agency that wants the $900 worth of maintenance fees and they told me that WE CANNOT SELL OUR TIMESHARE UNTIL THE $900 WAS PAID! They even informed that Stroman ripped me off and were scamming me. So when I call Stroman back demanding my $599, the real estate agent they decided to tell me that the $599 was NON-REFUNDABLE and that there was nothing else I could do. I WAS BEYOND OUTRAGED. These people robbed me of my $599. So I immediately contacted my bank and disputed the charge. Because I did NOT sign any written contract Stroman credited my $599!!! They misled me about several things and were just out to get my $599. PLEASE PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM STROMAN!!! we are now in the process of donating our timeshare. with this economy it seems like the best option to get out of the burden of paying a maintenance fee every year...but we'll take it!! Do not fall for what Stroman will tell you. They are liars and scam artists and should be brought down!

• I0
    I've been robbed Dec 30, 2012

This company is a joke! They took $600 from me back in 07 and will not return any of my phone calls! They told me after six months if my property did not sale they would refund my money, I still have not gotten a refund! Makes me want to take a short drive from Fort Worth to Conroe and breaks some necks!!! It is basically a legal way of them to steal from us!

• Su
    suziewon Jul 06, 2017

I paid them $489 in 1999 and never heard another word from them

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices