Equity TransportationRipped Off

R

Was hired by Equity to work in florida I drove from there terminal with another driver and was not paid also after being stuck in Miami with a broke down truck I had to rent my own Motel room I got sick and had to get surgery i was harrassed in the hospital to hurry up and get out so i could take a load and was told I better have a doctors note after 2 weeks in the hospital the first day i went Home i was called to take a load and I informed the dispatcher I was on Medication and still healing I could not drive She cursed at my wife and threatened me that if I did not go I would lose my Job I had made it clear I was not going so after multiple employees called and cursed at me and my family they told me to take the truck to where i had picked it up so the following day before i dropped it off as told they tried to get me to drive it to MI so i dropped it as told where i picked it up and was fired I tried to get my pay check and they charged me for abondoning the truck and refusing a load also charged me for my drug test and physical and never paid for all the down time etc on top of that they put lies on my DAC and basicly got me blacklisted this company is horrible along with every employee that feels it is okay to harrass and ruin someones life just cuz they got sick and didnt want to drive intoxicated healing from surgery...Never work for this Company I warn you...

• Du
    Dungeon Master123 Nov 24, 2018

I’ve been there for over 11 years, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. Old and unsafe equipment. While I went to lease, I could never get my truck fixed even though I paid for maintenance on it. They will rip you off at any chance they can, and slander you at every turn. At the Atlanta shop, you will tAke the chance of your personal vehicle being stripped and no one to take responsibility for it. Although they have “cameras “ all over. Nobody sees anything.
    Their MOTO is: WE DONT PUT EQUITY INTO EQUITY, WE TAKE AS MUCH AS WE CAN OUT.”

• Rr
    RRMMAM May 04, 2015

I have worked for Equity for almost a year now and have no complaints whats so ever. I'm home every weekend/holiday and they are very flexible with time off when needed. that being said I team drive and even with being off EVERY weekend we still bring in $1700-$2000 a week take home. Idk what everyones problem is if you do what you are asked and run like your supposed to "meaning actually work" This company is fantastic haven't ran into a single employee/driver that wasn't nice.

• Td
    tdrfter Mar 05, 2014

I have worked for equity for almost 4 years, and never had any trouble like these people are saying. They treat everyone the same. If you are a good driver they are great. I never had trouble getting time off when I wanted. lot of the drivers that have trouble thinks that the company should just pay then and they dont have to work for there pay.The drivers that are late for del. or for there pick-ups, most of the time just dont want to work. The ones that say they dont make money think they have go be home every weekend, if they dont they get mad. come on drivers this is a trucking co. and they told you it was an over the road job when you took the job. Most of these driver that complain in my book are just want-to-be to be truck drivers. If you want a good job you have to work at it. I think the people that wrote the complaints are just want-to-be drivers. THIS IS A VERY GOOD COMPANY TO WORK FOR.

• Go
    Gone fishing May 27, 2013

WOW I wish I read all this before I started very recently!!! the trucks are junk, warning- you will be sent out on a truck that does not work properly. Equity is on the DOT hit list and should be.
    The satnav will send you down no truck routes- thru low bridges and over toll roads that they don't.pay for, shut down on you at just the wrong time and freeze up too. You have to fight to get the trucks fixed.
    And I am being shorted on pay, this is stealing! The job is get the load from A to B on time and you can't do that with downed equipment. A happy driver will need a good truck that is In good working order, a shop that will fix anything the driver wants that is on the truck- the law says if it is on the truck it has to work. the way Equity is run Is a puzzle to me, It makes no sense. camera in the bath???- wow that makes me sick. when I quit they wanted me to make another run, and drop the truck where??? and get charged with abandonment??? many things said previously are true. this is my opinion and that is all

• Da
    Darla J Jul 02, 2012

I worked for Equity for almost two years. Sometimes the staff can get hot headed and can make your life very difficult. A lot of what was written is true. They do try to make you pay for their tolls and try to send you out east a lot. They will call you and ask you to run a run illegally. The driver must remember that if anything happens, the driver will always be at fault; The driver is the one behind the wheel.

Joe Ellison Jun 24, 2012

they do reimbuse for tolls they have to match ur logs and they have to be sent in at the same time u send in the toll slips

hey badass1974 i knw who u r

Joe Ellison Jun 24, 2012

i have worked for them twice and together my time with them is about 15 months and i have heard every story in the book. and to be honest it is usually the driver that caused it. and if u are with them less then six months u do have to pay for the tests. the sad part about it driver is u had to sign the form that sad it. so it was ur own fault.

• Jr
    jrmd May 02, 2012

I have to say, I have been here just over a month. It took them three weeks to pay me for my half a week pay then they are always like 10 to 14 loads behind! I do keep track by the way and yes the loads have all been trans flo by the Thursday cut off. I was hired to be a day driver. ( home every day ) The add I responded to said " 1st 2nd 3rd shift day drivers needed and home daily". At orentation I find out there's no such thing and if you work here you know this, ok fine! Then I find out after driving my first week that the so called home every day runs are far and few between and if they offer one its for like 4-6 hours worth of work then your done till you call in the next day. I don't think I responded to a part tim call in basis driver and I'm pretty sure I didn't give up a regional job to come be a regional driver! So with that being sai
    d I'm leaving the company asap but I have yet to be cursed at or mis treated. Lied to in every fom of the word yes!

• Ba
    badass1974 Apr 27, 2012

I worked for these sorry idiots for a year and had nothing but problems. They fired a good dispatcher I had and replaced him with some woman who had really broken english. They brought in some bald headed worthless pile of ### named Grant Soule claiming he could make things better. They are trying to go-to all e-logs but still force drivers to run illegal. They tell the driver that says they are out of drive time to run on personal conveyance. Brad Poss is a loser. He really has no clue what everyone in the office is doing. Grant Soule, Azra Beslagic, and Ashlie Vanderstelt all came from Martin Transportation in Grand Rapids. Did they all get fired at the same time? They all got hired at the same time. There are too many questions about these three dumb ###s than answers. I also had a chance to look inside their warehouse. I saw 2 cars, a boat, a motorhome, and a couple of motorcycles. They are probably running a chop shop out of it. The also are always looking for a reason to take money out of your check. The 20% charge for an advance is considered loan sharking and is highly illegal.

• 18
    18wheeler Oct 18, 2011

I work for this company just recently and was terminated for " You have to many equipment issues and it is not working out for you" after I have worked there for over a yr. as I recall it is the companies resposibiltiy to maintain the equipement. Isn't that correct Troy and Brad Potts
    why would you fire a good driver with no shut downs and for doing the right thing go figure. This company is a joke/.

• Je
    Jeremy8517 Mar 18, 2011

It's always "he said, they said" in this type of situation. When people get mad they exaggerate. Without hearing both sides it's hard to judge. Just sayin.

Yes if Equity told you to bring the truck to Michigan you should have. If you've been driving for any amount of time you should know that dropping it off anywhere else is truck abandonment, and they will hold your last checks to recoup the cost of recovering it. So its your fault that it went on your DAC. Same with the physical and drug screen. You signed paperwork agreeing to pay it if you didn't give Equity 6 months of driving. With all the potheads out there do you honestly think Equity wants to eat the cost of 100s of drug tests when they can't hire them? Probably not. And if your hospital stay was from a serious issue, I would think that your physical that Equity sent you to get would have discovered the problem. Are you sure you were even in the hospital and not just taking some extra time at home between jobs?

As far as payroll issues, I've been there 2.5 years now and had only 1 major issue which got resolved within a couple weeks. No biggie. And when drivers complain about not getting reimbursed for tolls its either because they didn't turn in the log page for that day when they sent the receipt in or it didn't match timewise. I've never had a problem with toll/scale receipts as long as they match my logs.

Never heard of these so called "secret loads". Do they pay better? Who do I talk to to get on a secret load? Or do I need to be a secret driver? And why would Equity want to put a secret camera in the drivers bathroom? If they want to watch Marshmallow men waddling around half naked they could rent Ghostbusters. I could see if the drivers were fit and good looking but they aren't. Well except me of course.

All in all?, if you use common sense and want to do more than be a steering wheel holder, Equity isn't that bad to work for. Not any better or worse than most companies. And unlike most companies they have 401k match which a lot of companies don't have. And they also pay better than average wages. Its up to the driver to make the money.

1 more thing. They charge 20% on pay advances because they aren't a bank and try to scare people off needing them by charging them. Why do you people even need pay advances? Ih haven't taken one out in over 2 years? Learn better money management.

• Do
    donny earnheart Feb 08, 2011

i was goning to go to work for this company untill i visted this web page a company that dont pay there bills like tolls in northeast and pay check being short on regular basic and takes 3 weeks to get first check then charge 20 percent for advance and 50 bucks for check calls we r in a ressesion cant take the chanse with this company and no one should be careful they sound like dirty selfish people we has drivers have to stand up to these companys dont work for them until they can do us right peorid.

• Eq
    Equityemp Dec 08, 2010

Equity has made some great strides in employee retention over the past couple of years and is a totally differant company from years past. Much of this is a new corportate mindset as well as hiring some new talented people in recruiting and dispatch has contributed greatly. I have worked here since the spring and in just a short amount of time have seen many positive changes, including a recent driver focus group designed to address driver issues and concerns. Overall, this group is making strides in recommending changes to incrase driver retention, including raises (cents per mile) better home time, payment of certain tolls, etc. The overall atitude has also been improved and have yet to hear ANYONE get yelled at or swore at. I can not say anything about past years, I did not work here, but have not seen what others here are complaining about. Often companies may experience growing pains or just had the wrong management in place at a certain point! I am fortune as many others to have a job in this economy and thank Equity for the opportunity they have given me and my family in these tough times!

• So
    Southern GirlBama Oct 01, 2010

My husband works for equity now all in all its a okay company I do see some of what you all say fars as the tolls and other things, but the new lady the hire in recuriting seems to be great, the head dispacter is a [censor] to the letter. They treat the guys that work on the trucks like crap I say that first hand. I didn't know about the video tapping in the co-bathroom. We will keep an eye out for this [censor]. I tell you what they have one time to curse my husband and that will be the last time that person curse any one else, I promise you that.

• Mo
    mommydriver Aug 20, 2010

I worked for them for a year and it was a miserable experiance. I had to fight over my payroll numerous times, safety guy is a joke! They DON'T remburse on tolls, and don't take responsibility when loads are over weight, and the main people really suck and are rude. The night guy who was keeping drivers and treated us right they fired him cause he let us walk in the office and answred the phones. a bunch of crap!!! DONT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!

• Tr
    Trucks are U Aug 07, 2010

I worked 2 days as a dispatcher in 2001. I quit for the way they verbaly abuse ALL employees. It was horrible the conditions they have to work in. Video taped even in the restroom. What are they worried about? Sure isn't the company it was when Alan was on site daily. Never got a check for my 2 days work and when I asked, I was swore at told screaming by the CFO to hire a F-ing lawyer. Ironic, I went to work for a broker and there policy is to NEVER use Equity for they are a poor service provider. Several customers stated they would rather let their product sit verses putting it on a Equity truck. They stay in business transporting 'secret loads' that is why they video tape. Make sure NO ONE sneeks out the dirty deals.

• Eq
    EquityDriver Jun 10, 2010

I have worked for them almost two years now. One thing I can say is they are cheats & thief's. Yes you can get the miles, matter of fact they will run you to death if you allow it! Unfortunately they also cheat you out of pay on regular basic and, harass you to death if you want time off. I have worked for some of the best but, I have never worked for a company that thinks 3 days off after being out for 4 weeks is unreasonable! Oh, and if you don't call when they want you to, its $50 out of your check. Why am I still working for them, good question but, not for much longer.!

makitkat Jun 06, 2010

I work for Equity now and have had no problems with them. They seem to be pretty good company for work for.

Jason May 28, 2009

Paragraphs and punctuation are your friend. Equity transportation apparantly isn't.

How did Equity cause you to get sick and require surgery? It sounds like you kept posession of their truck for several weeks while you were in the hospital. Also that you did refuse a load, twice.

Look, they don't care about you as a person, no company does. You are just a way for them to make money. If they lost money on transporting a load then yes, they are going to try and stiff you with whatever they can.

As for abandoning the truck, if you have proof that they told you when and where to drop it off, thats BS. You can either get serious and get legal representation or just chalk it up to a bad situation. They also need proof for derogatory comments on your DAC. You can also dispute anything they put on your DAC.