EOS-CCAScam- Student loans

L

Well First off this company calls you to ask you to verify your last 4 digits of your social security #. They call you from a blocked number. They tell you they can't discuss anything with you til you confirm your soc. security. They called me about my student loans I have out. Said they are over 200 days past due and that they are needing the full amount from me of 4, oo0$. They tell me that my loan companies have gone out of business and have been out of business for months now. Which is not true I have been receving mail from my loan companies just got one 3 days before they called me. My loans are not past due and I am in forbance. Due to the ecnomy there is no work in my field of training. They said my loan is a private loan which I do not have any private loans out first of all, plus the loan that they were talking about the amount was less than what they said and is a federal loan. I called and talked to my loan company to let them know and to beaware of this company that is falsely telling people with student loans out that the companies have gone out of business. The loan companies are going to be fileing complaints to the federal government on this company. Not to mention they said they can't send me proof of my debt. They say I have to fax in my info to them for them to send me my promisary note that I singed when I was in school which I have already. Everything doesn't match up!!! SCAM, SCAM, SCAM!!! Going to talk with a laywer about this one!!! Oh yeah I am helping my loan company files charges to on my behalf!!!

• Eg
    eggharb11 Dec 28, 2011

They are a real company. They verify your social so they don't disclose you personal info to others, by law, they have to do this. FDCPA Law. I wouldn't waste time contacting a lawyer, he will tell you the same thing. Accounts are contantly bought and sold by agencies. The only way to really find who is handling your account is to pull your credit report and see who is reporting on it.