Enterprise Car Rentalrental damage insurance scam

J Jul 13, 2019

Turned in rental car and received a call later that day stating there was damage to the vehicle. When we picked up the vehicle we were not given an opportunity to exam the car and did not note any damage. I feel they take advantage of the fact that clients are pressed for time. When I contacted the Harrisburg PA airport location they asked for insurance information to process a claim. When I asked for details on the claim I was told that the vehicle would first be inspected by their claims department and then the insurance would be contacted. In our case a small piece of the door panel at the bottom of the sliding van door was missing. I pushed the issue asking how they knew it happened when we had the vehicle. The rep informed me that when they wash the vehicles they would be sure to notice a loose panel. Really? One might find it amazing that while washing a vehicle they would be SURE to notice EVERYTHING potentially wrong. I refused to provide insurance info until the damage was assessed. There was no way I was going to allow them to blindly file a claim without first reviewing the details with me. After doing a little online research it seems this is a common problem and that customers are taken advantage of frequently. Did I mention we declined the optional insurance offered by Enterprise? I do not think this is a coincidence. Before you use Enterprise for your car rental needs, consider doing a little research on the number of damage claims filed and how they nickel and dime their customers. I used to trust Enterprise. Can't wait to see how they resolve this situation.

RESOLVED

• Updated by Joenshan · Jul 13, 2019

We would also like to know how many claims of this type on this specific car has been filed and why hasn’t the problem been fixed? It’s pretty obvious they’re doing the same claim over and over.

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Aug 13, 2019

Joenshan,
    We'd like to have the opportunity to look into this for you. Please send us a detailed email to [email protected] include the exact rental location, your contact telephone number, your claims, rental agreement or reservation numbers, claims number, and any further information regarding your experience with us.
    We look forward to hearing from you.
    Regards,