ENT*ENTERTAINMENT BOOKUnauthorized Bank Charges

While looking online at bank statemnents noticed a 25.00 charge from ENT*ENTERTAINMENT BOOK which No One in my family ordered or purchased. Why would anyone want to purchase this more-so when this year is almost over not to mention 90% of what is offered in this entertainment book expires in November and two, when you can purchase this same book for 10 bucks in local town!
Looking this company up on internet not only are their MANY complaints of same or simular problems. WHY IS NOTHING BEING DONE ABOUT THE INVOLVED COMPANY ripping off people right and left?

Finally getting a human to talk to (answering service) said you ordered this 2 years ago so we send it to you on a regular yeay basis! we did not get one last year to say and again why would anyone order something that is about to expire in 2 months anyway and pay 15.00 dollars more plus Shipping... for something you can purchase local fo 10.00 dollars at beginning of the year!!!

pissed off in california

More ENT*ENTERTAINMENT BOOK Complaints & Reviews

• Cl
    Clay Munson Nov 29, 2008

Fraud charge to bank account.

• Ki
    Kier31 Aug 20, 2009

I just received a book, but no charges yet. Needless to say if they even think about dipping into my checking, they'll be getting a mouthful.

• Pi
    pissedofftoo Aug 22, 2009

They did the same to me and one time I ordered tickets from ticket masters and they double charged me. In this charge they charged me $25. for a book and $7.25 for something else. I agree wholeheartedly they are rip off artist. I did get hold of them and they stated that when I signed up for my tickets for a show in San Antonio I also signed up for this stupid book that is almost exspired.

• Ar
    Are they kidding me Dec 19, 2010

That's ok - I ordered 5 books and it's been a week and they haven't even
    shipped them yet - Merry #[email protected]^ Xmas to my friends that were getting one
    - Order them in advance - or buy locally - or don't give them at all!

• Ju
    Judy Bell Sarasota FL Aug 18, 2011

Yes, this company -- Entertainment Books -- has some problems. I just had a $60 unauthorized charge added to my Discover Card. They say it was authorized, I say it wasn't. When a company goes ahead and signs you up for "automatic renewal" and you either do not SEE it, or it was never presented to you, believe me, that charge IS unauthorized. Years back, they sent me a book which had the best coupons already torn out. I had purchased the book mainly for the Publix coupons. They were missing. The company couldn't A) send me the missing sheet of coupons and B) couldn't guarantee me that if I went through the complicated process of returning the book and REbuying a new book that IT would have the coupons! This company is notoriously slow with delivery of their books. You may wait two weeks or longer.

• Je
    jennifers.7 Aug 23, 2011

The entertaiment book just did the exact same thing to me. They withdrew out of my account without permission. I am turning it into my bank as fraud.

• Mi
    Miranda1983 Feb 07, 2012

I GOT AN EMAIL THAT SAID I COULD PURCHASE AN ENTERTAINMENT BOOK FOR 70% OFF THAT'S $10.50 EACH SO I BOUGHT 2 RIGHT!!! 21.00 BUCKS TOTAL!???

NOOOOOOOOOOO, THEY TOOK OUT OF MY CREDIT CARD$49.00 BUCKS YESSS!!

THAT'S RIGHT I APPROVED A $21.00 PAYMENT THEY TOOK $49.00 DOLLARS..HOW DID THIS HAPPEN..NOT SURE YET..THEY ARE TELLING ME I'M LYING, THEY ARE NOT GIVING ME AN ANWER I STILL HAVE THE EMAIL THOUGH..I'LL BE HAPPY TO SHARE IT!!.. ...BOY I'M UPSET!

• Ty
    TygrLi1481 Aug 19, 2013

I had my account set to auto-renew and called them to cancel the subscription. I found a charge from them on my credit card today and then called. Apparently the previous advisor did not mark the account and the auto renewal had not been turned off.

The price of the book has also increased in the past year. I consider this company a rip off!

• Mi
    Mike DOg Sep 07, 2013

Don't fall for the end of year clearance on the books! I ordered one in June for $5.00 and they put me in for an auto renewal of new books without my authorization! They are TOTAL SCAMMERS at this company! BEWARE!!!

• Ba
    bacamp Jun 09, 2014

Just got an email today saying my 2015 books would be shipping out since I was on auto renewal. I called and told them I had never signed up for this service. They said it was part of the deal when you purchased books during closeout. I told them that it was not stated as such when I purchased the books online and I did not want them renewed that they were gifts which I may or may not give this year. They said they would cancel the auto renew but it would cost $5 a book for cancellation. What an unethical way to do business! I do not know any way to stop the charge. I will never buy another Entertainment book.

• 2n
    2neyed Aug 01, 2014

I was also suckered by these crooks. Signed up for a 2 for 1 sale in 2012 only to be put on auto-renewal without my explicit agreement. While I have found the book useful in the past, the participation of good restaurants has dwindled significantly to the point where coupons that I use do not cover the cost of the book. The only way to cancel is to call them - it cannot be done online. I tried calling - was on hold for 12 minutes. When the agent answered he indicated that he could not hear me and disconnected. (My phone was not on MUTE).

• Ca
    CashKing Sep 08, 2014

Entertainment Book is indeed doing business in an unethical way. If we did choose to auto-renew their service, why Entertainment Book did not sent us any confirmation about the renewal. When we purchase anything online, we will receive both email and online confirmations of what we have purchased right away, but Entertainment Book will not confirm us at all in either way about the renew. The reason is obvious! I spoke with them on phone, initially they insisted me to send back the book and to pay the re-stocking fees. I told them I am NOT obligated to return anything I did not order and would not pay any fees they demand. I am considering to file formal complaint about them to Department of Justice and other concerned authorities. The way they are doing business cannot be tolerated anymore and has to be stopped for the seeks of public interests.

• Be
    bethjbb Feb 20, 2015

I have an overcharge on my account, and I can't even find a phone number to call them… the ones I find are automated and there is no way to reach an actual person.

• Me
    Mel2015 May 12, 2015

I am in the same boat as all of you. Perhaps there needs to be a Class Action Lawsuit due to their shady business practices.

• Ti
    Tinni11 Sep 30, 2015

I have been having the same issues...I called to cancel auto renew but someone didn't do their job and I was charged and received a book (at my previous address that I had actually changed too...just lucky the book actually made it to me) so I sent it back and the only way to contact them is via email and I have been emailing them for 5 weeks back and forth and that "have not received my book" which is bs and I'm still waiting for my full refund. I reported them to the BBB and still have not received my money and don't have a book. I am gonna report these charges to my credit card as fraud because this is FRAUD...I cancelled them and did not authorize a charge on my card from them.

• Ro
    Ron Opritza Jan 11, 2016

I bought 2 books on Dec 16 2015 and it is now Jan 11 2016 and still have not received any books. There is no phone number or any way to contact a real person. I even paid for express shipping .