Emirates Customer AffairsWhat does Emirates Customer Affairs actually do?

My brother and I had a bit of a weird experience on 13 June 2007 at JFK International - it's fairly minor compared to the other complaints. Anyway, i'm a real stickler when it comes to customer service so i reported the incident to Emirates Customer Affairs almost immediately when i arrived at my destination. All i wanted was a reasonable explanation for what had happened. The response i received after an "investigation" was conducted was extremely generic and ignored the facts i had presented in my complaint.

I've been battling with Customer Affairs for over 2 months now and their responses remain vague and do not acknowledge the validity of my case. In my search for similar cases or experiences, i found that most airline websites don't have e-mail addresses for customer service comments/complaints and it appears that the treatment of complaints is the same across most airlines: Ignore the facts, give the passenger a generic response.

I first tried getting a straight answer from the Customer Affairs rep who was dealing with my complaint. I eventually mailed my complaint to every email address i could find on the internet for the Emirates - still no joy. Every response i got from the rep was pretty much the same and EVERY time i responded to her i kept correcting her statements with the facts to show her that she was getting the story wrong (seemed like it was on purpose).

The rep chose to play down the incident and stuck to quoting their overbooking and Denied Boarding Options policies which implied that I was a liar and the airline was not at fault with the initial incident.

She kept ignoring my emails and so i resorted to an alternative means to get her attention: I went to the Emirates website, looked up every magazine that had given them an award in 2007 and submitted the ENTIRE thread of communication to them.

Two hours later, i received a response from the rep and upon reviewing the complaint again, she was pleased to let us know that "As a gesture of good will, without prejudice or admission of liability" they would offer usa return upgrade to any destination of our choice on the airline's network. I promptly responded and told her that it was still unacceptable as we would still have to buy a return Economy class ticket to "benefit"from this gesture - this is money we shouldn't be spending in the firstplace.

Furthermore, she was STILL refusing to acknowledge ANY fault on the airline's part for what had occurred at JFK. Her generic response to that email simply stated that they had no further comments to add. I kept re-sending this response to her daily until she replied.

On 7 Aug 2007, i also mailed the email thread to their Customer Affairs branch in New York as well as the senior vice president (Mostafa Karam) of Customer Affairs and Service Audits for the Emirates. I've asked them to kindly provide me with some insight as to how customer service investigations are conducted. I am failing to comprehend how customer service managers reach their conclusions - I've been informed that investigations have been conducted and reports have been reviewed, yet my story is still being denied completely. I've got confirmation from Delta proving my side and have the name of the clerk at JFK who was instructed to offload our luggage, but what does the airline have on their side proving me wrong? Absolutely nothing from what i can see.

I have a read-receipt from the senior vice president's email account, but not one email from him. In the last 2 months, i've been searching the net and am very surprised to find the most appalling experiences being handled extremely poorly (if at all) by airline customer services - what does service mean to them? The responses to passengers are very much of a "copy& paste" nature which leads me to believe that the complaints are barely being read thoroughly. The aim here seems to be to ignore or frustrate complaining customers to the point where they give up trying to get somewhere with customer services.

I kept re-sending my emails to Customer Affairs indicating that there was no way I could reasonably accept their "compensation" and eventually they responded to me on 14 Aug 2007, simply reiterating their position. My final email to them was on 15 Aug 2007 - I sent the mail to Customer Affairs in Dubai, New York, South Africa as well at their Media Relations department AND the Senior VP of Customer Affairs & Service Audits again. I've received read-receipts from the Senior VP (again) as well at the New York office, but I doubt I'll get a response.

Initially this was a crap experience we had endured at JFK and ALL we wanted was to be treated fairly - eventually, in time, we would probably be able to get over it. We thought that reporting it to Customer Affairs would yield some kind of constructive solution - it turns out that this is a joke. The rep's vague, inaccurate, inadequate responses have only made things worse. Even if they weren't willing to give us what had initially been promised to us, they could have simply said "Sorry, we screwed up,we'll try not to let something like this happen again" and we would have been happy with that. But no, they wouldn't even do THAT.

It truly amazes me how Emirates play down customer complaints - all I wanted was an explanation, and they couldn't eve give it to me. By handling my complaint poorly, they've really marred the impression I had of them as I would have thought they would welcome customer feedback to try and be a better airline. Their crap responses to me have made me rather frustrated, but at least I know I tried my best to get their attention and let them know what I think of them - the Senior Vice President is the top of the ladder and I can't go further than that. I battled with them for TWO MONTHS and still no real progress. I'd be very interested to find out if anyone who has complained to them has ever gotten a reasonable response and/or reasonable compensation (if applicable). It seems to me that the Customer Affairs staff are grossly overpaid as they don't really perform a service of any value.

More Emirates Customer Affairs Complaints & Reviews

• Kb
    kbala Sep 30, 2007

I had pretty much the same experience with Lufthansa. Although I had requested an Indian vegetarian meal in advance, they did not have enough meals to go around, nor could they provide any alternatives such as vegan, kosher, etc. The flight attendant admitted it was a frequent problem and urged me to complain!!!
    I traded a dozen messages with various Lufthansa representatives, both in wirting and through e-mail. They just kept issuing stock responses.
    I ended up by cutting up my MilesPlus card into tiny pieces and mailing it to them.

On a British Airways flight, my pregnant wife (travelling alone) was once rudely snubbed when she politely requested a male flight attendant if he could stow her cabin bag into the overhead bin. He simply said, "No, I won't do it. If you can't lift it you shouldnt have brought it." !!!!!!!! A passenger sitting nearby seeing this apalling response was only too happy to oblige. This is something most of us don't mind doing, leave alone someone whose job is to take care of passengers!

I have never flown Lufthansa or British since. I have never had such experiences on Singapore Airlines.

• Mi
    Mijanul hoque Oct 21, 2007

I am suffering lots of since I came back home from my work. in details I came from Dubai to Bangladesh on 25th of august 2007. the day I arrived I dont get my luggage. Once I did not get my luggage I report to the airport authority as well as emirates customer services desk. They ensure me in this case baggage can be miss somehow for any international passengers. And they told I can get back my luggage within few days time. I was bit worried but I dont have any choice to do any further without wait at this stage.

Well its being a long story and till today I did not get my luggage or even I did not hear anything from emirates. And so far I guess they think this is most funny things in the world. The reason why I called up everyday and I herd very different story from them.

I send lots of email to all the around to Emirates based offices. Unfortunately i did not get any response till now. It is very hard believe for me to understand to get this sort of customer services from Emirates !!!

Mijanul.

• De
    deborah collier Nov 08, 2007

To whom it may concern,

SKYWARDS NO: EK [protected]
    Ref No BM3272

I would like to draw to your attention of the disappointment of our flights we traveled on from London to Adelaide (via Dubai and Singapore).

- Firstly my son's luggage was lost when we arrived at Dubai airport, we went to our hotel which we were informed that it will be sent to our hotel, when found. It was found at Heathrow airport so it arrived at our hotel Al Murooj rotana 26hrs later.

- Flight seat change,- I telephoned your dept from the hotel to have our seat allocation changed to bulk head seating as I had difficulties on the Lon - Dub flight due to my leg cramps as I suffer very badly from nerve problems. I was given the seats but when we boarded the plane the seating was changed but not to bulkhead i was very angry, On the flight a gentleman had moved which in turn I was able to be seated with the extra leg room.
    When the flight was transiting via Colombo new passenger boarded so I had to move back to original seating to Singapore, I had difficulty with my leg but had to cope until we arrived in Singapore.

-When we left Singapore to Melbourne, I requested again bulkhead seating but only two together and one on the other side. But a kind gentleman changed his seat for us which was great everyone was fine.

- On arrival in Melbourne and when we collected our luggage as were transiting to Adelaide on Virgin Blue I noticed my luggage lock was missing. I quickly felt inside but thought everything was ok. Went through customs and proceeded to the Virgin Blue express check-in as it was not open yet due to the early time of arrival.

- On check in at Virgin Blue at approx 0600am we had to adjust our suitcases as we were slightly overweight but on the weight tags on the cases it was put down as 25kg but that was not a problem we put items in our hand luggage.

- On Arrival to Adelaide when we collected our luggage and put into my sister;s car we noticed 2 suitcase ripped one more than the other.

I need to know what is my next step as my clothing was missing from dubai-Sin, and the damaged luggages from Melb-Adl can you please advise.

EK 0348 Dubai - Sin 30 Oct
    EK 0404 Sin- Mel 02 Nov
    DJ535 Mel -Adl 03 Nov

Ms Collier.

• Ju
    julie Amari Jan 14, 2008

I travelled overseas from Sydney to Syria on the 16th of July 2007. our flight was delayed in Sydney and didn’t fly out till 10.00pm, this made us late for the flight from Dubai to Damascus. We had to wait 5 hours until the next plane. In this time I had something to eat at your restaurant in Dubai airport. I fell very very sick on the flight from Dubai to Damascus. I was vomiting non stop in the bathroom and no one would help me. My head was spinning and asked staff that I really needed to lye down, I was told to sit in my chair and nothing can be done. I was really sick and had a huge head ache. They didn’t help. I was mad with them.

I had my 6 year daughter with me.

On our flight home from Syria to Sydney (3rd September) we purchased a bottle of scotch from Dubai airport. This was taken in customs. I explained that I had just purchased it and was told I can’t take liquid on board. WHY WEREN’T WE TOLD. I paid $180 USD. THERE WHERE HUNDREDS OF LIQUOR BOTTLES IN A HUGE PLASTIC CONTAINER, Someone is making a lot of money? This is not fair and I think I should be refunded,

My family and I have travelled with you before on a number of occasions and never had problems, I don’t understand why the service of Emirates has gone down so much.

I am extremely upset with Emirates and demand an explanation why no one helped me.

Regards

Julie Amari
    [protected]

• Ed
    Eddy Lim Feb 14, 2008

How much do they pay customer affairs?

• Na
    Nareman May 19, 2008

So who did you contact them i had experienced a lifetime experince with them. I had being smacked on the head several times by ther flight attendents after several times i asked them politly to watch were they were going.
    i had suffered with head and neck pains for around two months i then seeked medical help for months to investigate.
    i then went through food poisoning from there food on the way back home. it was a disaster. 7 years savings to loss of money as i wasnt able to work when i got back. I have sent them several laters and still no reply.

• Kh
    khalid Aug 04, 2008

These airlines simply get complacent after they have initially broken into the market, I am sure thay work on the numbers game!
    Their awards are worthless and their supposed high standards and systems are just "Lip Service" and only on paper!
    They rely on only a hand few of the people who actually suffer to officially complain or even take their complaints to the media.
    I have seen British Airways go thru the same stage as Emirates. Currently Etihad airways seems to be acceptable, but as soon as they BUY a few of their awards from various magazines, travel agencies or related organisations their standards start falling. I have a theory that the speed of the falling standards is directly linked to the amount of awards they BUY!!

Lets take our complaints to forums on the net like these and to the local press!!

Khalid
    Dubai, UAE

• Da
    Dawd Aug 11, 2008

I was a satisfied frequent flyer ( a silver skywards member) until recently experienced horrible customer service. My journey from Addis Ababa Via Dubai, NY JFK to Dallas Fort Worth and return the same route. My luggage was delayed on 3 of the 6 stops I made for 4, 2 and 2 days and never get compensation as they claim they would on the Emirates website. On top of that I paid US$100 three times when I changed my booking although my ticket says US$50 for any change made on booking. I was told that I’ve to pay US$100 and the local Emirates office will refund you if I’ve the proof. I gave the paper which I get from my travel agent on the time of purchase before one month and they keep telling me that they will contact me as soon as they finish the process. God know which process.

The fact that they don’t have customer service or complain section tells they know they have huge problem which they don’t want to face or care. Anyways, I don’t think I’ll fly Emirates anymore and for those of you who are new to Emirates, don’t be fooled.

joanwakefield Sep 25, 2008

hi this is mrs wakefield just wanting to know if you got our e-mail of complaint? sent on the 23 sept 2008? thank you joan

• Na
    nathalie surmont Oct 02, 2008

Absolutely agree with the crappy customer service from Emirates. They returned a standard answer that they received my complaint and would answer within 30 days. that is 5 months ago and I sent 2 reminders. Why even have a 'customer affairs' service!?

A totally different - positive - experience I had with Etihad, where their customer service was excellent. I hope they will keep up the good work!

• Sj
    SJ Oct 08, 2008

Guys... you are lucky... coz u atleast got some reply...
    In my case I'm waiting for a reply from Emirates USA from February 2008 regarding a claim that I submitted when my son stroller was delivered damaged.
    One day I ws lucky to get a rep on the phone and she said the claim is approved and I have to wait... this is October... I hope i can use it for my next baby... or who knows may be my grandchildren if at all I am lucky.

John T Barbour Oct 31, 2008

we tried to book e ticket our simple query took 10 days to resolve . price increased but we still went ahead and booked e ticket. by using my wifes card it made her lead passenger and changed my ticket to mr saifon b every thing else was correct pass port etc. when asked Emirates office Bangkok said no problem. we reminded them if they cancel and change credit should be put back into credit card first as we had limited funds available and transaction would not go through without credit first. all was ignored and ticket cancelled and no credit to account thus no new ticket. No reply no help no ticket and no apology just pat answers scripted if you ever get through to presss 2 for english in various countries.
    we are surprised at all this we never had a problem before Emirates service and staff seemed second to none. our flights in the past have been wonderful.
    we are so disappointed and saddened by all of this attidude.

• Bh
    Bhavna Shah Nov 12, 2008

I am waiting for my reply regarding lost items in my late arrival bag. It was emailes as below:
    Further to below email, I am enclosing above landing certificate which indicates more details. My one small bag which consists of 2 gold bangles & 1 gold chain (4 OZ gold) was also lost. I hope I will get best settlement from Emirates to continue my trust. Please respond today.

thanks

Bhavna Shah
    ----- Forwarded by Dipak B Shah/NA/Johnson_Controls on 11/11/2008 07:19 AM -----
    Dipak B Shah/NA/Johnson_Controls
    11/10/2008 08:38 AM
    To
    customer.[protected]@emirates.com
    cc

Subject
    Claim settlement form for Bhavna Shah

Dear Sir,

It was nice time to fly with Emirates during my visit to India. I had some bad experience also to receive my bags late & lost my valuables as per above enclosed settlement form at station AMD. Please advise me how to settle this claim & forward me the procedure to get value of my lost items. Please respond ASAP.

thanks

Bhavna Shah

• Al
    alipanahi Nov 15, 2008

Dear Sir,

coming back from Japan, your arielines lost my baggage, unfortunately I got very poor service from your office in Iran. I wrote to customer affairs but nobody answered. That is really awful. Please call this number [protected] or write to [protected]@hotmail.com

• Christopher Bingham Mar 15, 2009

I know someone who works for Emirates customer affairs

• Bo
    boobal Mar 19, 2009

Its very very worest experience from emirates flights, , i reached chennai from ek544 on 2 feb, they lost my baggage, after 2 day i recived my baggage its allthe things are stolen off. i report to chennai office.. they not give proper reply, i maild to customer.[protected]@emirates.com.but no use.. one time reply is came.still no outher steps are taken..Boobalan., [protected]@gmail.com

• Ra
    ram Mar 24, 2009

This is about my experience on Dubai-LAX -- EK215 on 11th Mar 2009

Yes, EMIRATES defenitely have to do something about their customer service. They have good and new flights, they are neat etc..

...but there CREW defenitely need to be fixed. Sofar my last 10+ years of international travelling this is the worst experience I have had with service in flight.

None of the CREW member were answering call button, I have pressed it 15 times and ot would simply re-set itself after 15-20secs.

---Dubai- Los Angeles-Non-Stop-16.5hrs...except 3 time food service..they did not serve any water or juice at all..if you need any water etc... you have to walk all the way till the end of the flight and help yourselves..I wouldnt mind but I was travelling with my 10month old son and he was exteremly cranky...

I have left 4 voicemessages for Emirates Customer Service and 3 e-mails till today (24th Mar) but no responce what so ever..

I have a return flight on the same airlines...now I am thinking to buy a ticket on different airline (Probably Singapore)...

I kindly need help in escalatin this case to other sources if any.

Thanks
    -Ram

• Ni
    Nikunj Mehta Apr 22, 2009

Thanks to these kind of websites because of which we can share our views and experiences

Once I was travelling in Emirates. I was with my wife and kid. Our baggage did not arrive with us at the destination, we had another 220kms journey to reach to the final destination of our journey. So we did all the formalities and left the airport. The baggage arrived on next day at the airport. But from the time when I was informed by emirates about arrival of my luggage, the public holidays were starting so I was not able to collect my luggage for another two days. I was 220kms far from airport. I send my brother after three days to go and collect the luggage.

Now I got the luggage after three days but what about the compensation? I demanded the compensation but they refuse straight away and they lied that they do not pay any compensation. I made some telephone calls to Dubai. I produce proof of inconvenience and money spend because of this inconvenience and they agreed to pay US$ 50 per person per day + cost of collection of baggage form the airport.

Just don’t give up. These days the multinational companies are making us slave.

But remember one thing when you are on the other site of the desk treat your customer as human and don’t let them feel that they are been abuse by your company.

[protected]@yahoo.com

Mairo Dipasupil May 02, 2009

To whom it may concern,

I would like to commend two employees of emirates and I don't exactly know if this is the right page to put it, I was trying to find a page for costumer commendation but couldn't find it.

So, anyway, I was a passenger on flight EK334 Dubai to Manila last May1, 9:55 flight. I had an allergy attack on flight to manila, one of the flight attendants approached me and ask if I need anything and so I said I think I don't feel well and ask if they have any medicine. A few minutes later Ms. Josephine, a filipina flight attendant came and checked my status and took all information needed, after she left, another FA Ms. Eli, I think she's an American, came and check on me as well. They check on me every 10 to 15 mins. until they got a go signal to give me medicine., after which they assured me that if theres anything I would need, rest assure that they are on standby, and brief me with all the information I needed to know. They handled the situation (for lack of a better word) perfectly.

ASSURANCE, this is a term which was clearly defined during that experience, and as a passenger in my situation it was a big deal, knowing that I would be safe and taken cared of.

So, to Emirates Airlines, and to those two flight attendants, Ms. Josephine & Ms. Eli, Thank you so much, and may you continue to keep up the good work.

Cheers!!
    30H

• Sh
    Shivani Rani Bindal Jun 22, 2009

Emirates, horrible. Emirates crew terrible. They made me eat non-veg. Lied to me that it is veg. When I complained they started preaching me about my religion that Hindus do eat meat!!! How could they a bunch of ###s, try to preach me my religion after feeding me non-veg. When I vomitted, they came and so humiliatingly told me, not to spoil the luxury class toilets !!! And I was crying bitterly and was in shock. I am a staunch Hindu girl who for several days go on fruits but has never eaten non veg in her last 22 years of life. But this Emirates crew made me do so and they way they reacted !!! Huh...Niether was I provided the customer complain or feedback book, they said it is not there and over...Rather I was threatened by them...They are a bunch of good looking people good for nothing. I hate Emirates, shall never travel again, by it. My journey was through the 2:30 pm flight of Emirates from Lagos to Dubai on 20 June 2009.
    They need to be penalised for hurting my sentiments. Let God do no good to them and let us all move to other airlines.

• Le
    Legorian Aug 23, 2009

To whom it may concern.
    I was travelling from london heathrow to Kuala Lumpur on 26/08/09 as wheel chair passenger.The service in Heathrow was fine and in kuala Lumpur was fine.But the worst service was in Dubai.They collect four or five wheel chair passengers in a open car take them to the Gate.But the driver left them near the escalator and asked us to go down where the passengers waiting to board the plain.But we did not provide any guide to take us to the plain.There is no specified place for us.I am an 80 year old disabled pass holder.I travelled in your air line in the hope of getting help to reach my destination.The staffs in collection centre for the wheel chair passengers are not very helpful.Other than that the flight was very good.Please try to rectify this and give more improvement for the wheel chair passengers.

Thnak you.

Tel: (+[protected]
    Fax: (+[protected]

Re: MISSING/STOLEN ITEMS FROM THE CHECKED IN BAGGAGE

Dear Sir,
    My name is Nusratullah Mohammad and I am a frequent flyer with Emirates as I have a home and business in the USA as well as in Pakistan. I flew from JFK to Dubai on Emirates Flight EK 204 on 2nd of January, 2010.And from Dubai to Karachi on Emirates Flight EK 606 on 3rd January, 2010. During my trip back from US to Karachi I discovered that one of my checked in bags was opened and my brand new laptop along with its accessories and Silver sonic XL personal sound amplifier were missing. I tried to reach the local Emirates office over the phone, however after so many failed attempts I finally went back to the airport and spoke with Mr. Zeeshan and Station manager Jinah Int’l Airport Mr.Fahim Zuberi in person. And I was advised to file a written claim along with the copies of my Passport, ticket, boarding passes and baggage tickets, which I did right on the spot and I was also advised to wait for 15 business days as it takes that long for them to run an investigation. And I was also told that I will be contacted within this timeframe either with the recovery of the goods or compensation to settle for. It has been three weeks now and I have neither been contacted nor received any notification as to what exactly is going on.

So I went back again to know the status of my claim guess what? He never sent any correspondence to Emirates head office Dubai as soon as he saw my face he started writing an email about my case to Dubai office and when I asked him that it is supposed to be done when I came here first time on January 4th 2010 he replied that I am sending them reminder he said I never heard about this case that’s why I am doing so and he promised me that you will hear from us within 02 days but very next day I got a letter from him saying that computers and electronics are not allowed in luggage you should have read that before flying. Tell me one thing if a person who works for emirates airline for years he took more than three weeks to know about this rule after I filed my claim how should I know. He should have told me when I filed my claim that means he didn’t know that either.

And second that missing stuff that I reported lost those were not only the electronic items why didn’t they took all electronics from my luggage? What a joke!

he never sent any thing to Emirates head office he was playing with me and my time while I was there Fahim Zuberi told me that once he also lost a whole bag never got it back so you also forget your missing stuff. I told him this is not the way to run airline I will go to your head office and tell them what is going on with their customers.

For as many times as I have traveled with Emirates this has been the first incident that just left me in a total shock and disbelief as to how insecure my belongings are while they are in your custody. At this moment I absolutely feel disappointed and helpless, but I'm sure it can change if I'm assured that the matter is going to be really looking into have some positive outcome.

It is my most humble request to please give this matter a due attention and bring the culprit to justice and recover the goods to save the loyalty of your valued customer.

Best Regards,

B.C.C. Abdul Aziz Al Ali
    Executive Vice President Human Resources

• Dy
    dys Feb 01, 2010

Emirates does not really care about customer issues, they only care about generating sales. Let 's warn other people to stay away from Emirates.
    join us at facebook group "Emirates Airline-poor customer service"

Saeed Khalid Malik Feb 04, 2010

Dear all passengers, I landed from Dubai to JFK-NYC (Emirates flight # 201)on January 19, 2010, I did not get my bag. Next, same day flight # AA4514(American Airlines) I came to Washington DC, no bag is to be found. I have some very important documents, that I have to present to my company, and other personal articles. These papers are like 'life line' for me to have. I have still not found my bag. For nourishing the mankind, I ask every worthy reader to pray for me please. Please all of you say some pray so I can find my bag. I shall be grateful to you all till the life of eternity for your kindness. Soon I shall report back to you all, When I will find my 'lost bag'. Thank you all
    Yours sincerely,
    Saeed Khalid Malik
    Washington, USA
    February 04, 2010

sam1980 Sep 29, 2010

OK here is more recent Emirates experience::

My husband recently made a booking with Emirates to fly to Australia via Dubai. He entered my married surname instead of my maiden surname on the booking. My passport is still under my maiden name.
    Nevertheless, we have all the documents including the original Australian Marriage Certificate, Australian driving license which is under my married surname and other Banking information to prove my identity.

Now, I was very surprised when one of the Emirates staff informed me over the telephone that we need to cancel/re-issue our booking and pay the fine of 200 pounds!
    It is absolutely ludicrous that you have to erase the whole booking in order to amend or perhaps add a small note to the booking.
    Also, upon my return flight from Australia I shall be flying with a new passport with a married surname. So that means we would need to cancel/re-issue our booking twice!!

What do you think?? Do you think it is unfair to charge such a large sum?

• Hu
    hussain khan shahed Oct 07, 2010

TO: THE EMIRATES AIRLINE
    Attn: The Management Manager
    Re: Misbehaviors of your Staff toward the Passengers:
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN;
    Dear Sir, Madam,
    I want to render a complaint against your personnel who is in duty during my flight.
    I am Mr. Hussain Khan Shahed EK Membership # EK [protected].

The situations began during my flight in Jeddah to Dubai with my Business Partner Mr. Mushtaq Ur Rehman our Flight # EK804 Airbus # A380-800 Date: 09 September 2010 Depart Time: 22:00 Arrive Time: 1:40 which was delayed for 2 hours, the announcement is due to waiting some Passengers.

I and Mr. Mushtaq Ur Rehman was so upset about the delay of our flight as we need to catch up our Business Meeting in Hong Kong on time at ( 8:00 P.M.)

Upon reached in Dubai we notice that our flight was departed Flight #EK384, Airbus # 777-300, Date: 10 September 2010, Depart Time: 03:15, Arrive Time: 17:40, we approached one of your ground Personnel and we ask. What should we do now? We need to catch our meeting in Hong Kong. Why not waited to Passengers as same as our flight from Jeddah to Dubai, waited for 2 hour for the late Passengers.

The person that we mistakenly approached was MR. MOHAMMED TAWFIK. He replied us in very rude talked and very sarcastic words. I was so surprise how could you hired a personnel like him, he don’t even have any formal manner to assist the passenger who is in desperately needs.

If I did not control myself on that time I can hits him and cause chaos in the airport that can damaged your very good reputations.

By then I asked, where is the Supervisors thinking that at least someone can help us and answer properly our query, and he explained to us in acceptable reason, then he issued our Boarding Pass for Flight # EK380.

Afterward we missed our Business meeting due to this unreasonable delay of our flight.

But it doesn’t mean that I will just ignore the behavior of Mr. Mohammed Tawfik in handling our situations.

I want your respective office to inquire about this matter and give him appropriate warning for the good of other Passenger that he might a crossed with.

If he denied about this matter I am coming to Dubai on October 2010.

Hoping that you will make appropriate action accordingly;

Waiting your prompt reply,
    Mr. Hussain Khan Shahed

• Fe
    Ferdinand Flores Oct 10, 2010

I am Ferdinand L. Flores, a permanent resident here in the Philippines, I travelled from Luanda, Angola to Dubai via EK794 and from Dubai to the Philippines via EK334. As I arrived at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport and was to pick up my luggage at the baggage counter, I noticed that the lock of my luggage was forced open . I checked the content of my luggage and found out that the cash and valuables that were placed there are no where to be found . I immediately ask for an airport assistant to help me look for the things lost in my bag . When we realized it was really missing, the airport assistant got my passport and details of my travel in order for him to make a report and told me that he would call me if there will be an update of the incident that happened. I was really disappointed with my experience with Emirates Airlines. As I was searching for websites and customer service of Emirates, I've read a lot of bad experiences of customers with Emirates Airlines and how this particular Airlines treat the complaints of these customers without actions. I am really losing hope on how Emirates could be held liable for the incident that happened to me. Those culprits inside the Emirates still exist . How many more customers, passengers and clients of this Emirates Airlines will be a victim of this practice and scam? I hope someone could help me with this . The money I lost was a hard earned money. That money was intended for the medication of my Uncle. Anyone who could help me pursue my complaint here is my celphone number 09228159806and my email address [protected]@yahoo.com. Any help would be a relief for me and my family. Thank you very much

• Ah
    Ahmad Alizadeh Nov 20, 2010

Dear Sir/Madam,
    I was a passenger on emirates flight no:[protected] at 15th of oct 2010 from MELBORNE to SINGAPOUR. I am allergic to any kind of cheese. I had told to emirates office about my allergy and they said it would be register. They made me sure it would not be mistaken. Unfortunately, in the plan i was offered a biscuit.
    As I trust them, I ate it without any attention to its ingredient .After that I felt really sick and i found that the biscuit included cheese. When I objected, they said, it′s just a mistake of a flight attendance. But as the reaction of my body was so serious I was in hard situation all the flight long .I was carried to hospital by emirate′s assistant in Singapour and the doctor confirmed the symptoms of allergy but i should continue my treatment. This problem continued when i arrived to my destination and disturbed whole my journey to my hometown, besides i had to expend a lot by going to doctors. I filled the compliment in the plane and i gave it to flight supervisor but now after about six weeks I haven’t received any response of them and this destroyed all my trust to emirates company. This mistake of your flight attendance cause many physical, spiritual and financial problems. In addition I couldn’t enjoy of my journey. Emirates company is responsible for this inconveniences and they have to pay me all my losses.
    I look forward to hearing from you otherwise I should have no alternative but to seek a legal action and make a compliment to International Civil Aviation Organization.
    p.s. all my medical documents are available if they are rquired.
    Yours faithfully
    Ahmad Alizadeh
    Melbourne, Australia.21/11/2010
    email:[protected]@hotmail.com

• So
    sopin sukasem Dec 10, 2010

To whom it may concern
    I took flght EK418 from Bankok to christchurch on 24/11/10. At airpot (BKK), I and 2son (13, 15)try to put my bag up and asked Emirates crew to help us.I asked him very polite but the aswer was "I am not going to help you because my black is going to hurt." he talked to us with angry face. so a genterman sat behide us, came and help us put the bag up. Later on, I found out, he was a supervisor. My 1 trip, IT was very nice because of Thai air hosetess was very polite. SO 2 trip with
    Emirates was terrible. For my family, Thai airway is the best.

Joseph Small Jan 14, 2011

On Jan. 10th 2011 I paid Skype a fee of $2.99 for a subscription to there site.
    Order reference: [protected]. On Jan. 10, 2011 I received an email that it had been delivered and was active. It was not. On the same day I paid them $10.00 for Skype Credit (which I should not have needed after buying a plan) and received conformation that it too was active. It was not. I contacted them repeatedly about this and all they tell me how to make a call. This has not and will never help with their failure to hold up there end of the contract. When I tried to get a reimbursement I was sent in circles. I then on Jan. 14th 2011 emailed Skype and asked for a refund. They now refuse to acknowledge me at all.
    What can I do about this?
    Joseph Small Jr.
    [protected]@yahoo.com

• Pr
    PR Guru Feb 04, 2011

Emirates has raped every single customer that has had a bad encounter with them. And customer relations is a sick ways of saying we raped you and we a proud of it and given a chance we will rape you over and over again- try us, contact customer service to be further molested.

• Pr
    PR Guru Feb 04, 2011

Emirates customer service is a synonym for rape

Unfortunately we all find this site once we have been wronged. But since traveling is a necessity . I suggest in the future - we take pictures of the people responsible for the bad service - take their name bady and posttheir faces and as much details about them on line. That way people will stop giving atrocious service and hide behind the corporate logo.

Bad Pr on emirates - the non -human entity does not work. For it to be effective it has to directly affect people responsible for the bad service directly.
    If someone's name is associated with the direct bad PR - it will drive reform on service

• Al
    ali ranjbarian Feb 15, 2011

dear sir
    i am sorry for emirates com i and wife (ranjbarian ali&abasinaki nasrin )went to kuala lampur with flight no ek;0347 date 02jan 11sunday after arrived discovered my baggages[ 2bag]damaged after 3hours cheked gave us file reference to no; kulek35680/02jan11/1633GMT after2days your agent came to my address&taked my bags i told hime 10 other days we will go Bally we donot have any bag pls solve my problems. I contacted every day they told me to wait answer from Emirate .for travel to Bally I bought 600$ bags.we went&camebake to kuala &10otherday your agent did not any answear to us.we came to Iran .now after 2 month contact with your agent in:Tehran no one answer me becouse no one answer tel&fax(hakopian.memaria.ansari ...)
    pls help to solve my peroblem&I had a pleasant journey.
    Email;[protected]@yahoo.co
    my mobil; [protected]
    my phone;[protected]
    ]

James95 Mar 23, 2011

Emirates lost my luggage on a flight to London...at London when I reported the luggage missing I was given a ref number and some contact details ..After six weeks the luggage turned up (one bag) which had the lock broken off and the bag was opened and half of the contents were missing ..I have been trying to contact emirates since day four or five since the luggage went missing...to no avail...the telephone numbers only presented me with a recorded message stating the message box is full..( do they ever listen to these ?) the email address all came back ( return to sender) although the spelling of some of the words was incorrect..(Is this normal procedure ??) I cannot believe how this airline has been able to make themselves un-contactable...can anyone advise ??

James95 Mar 23, 2011

can anyone help ??? I flew to London with Emirates and they lost my luggage...I have tried all the incorrect numbers and email address they had given at the time when I reported the missing luggage...Almost six weeks later I have been unable to make headway with this airline...I have been trying to return the claim form I was given with my "missing pack", but to no end...does this airline treat their customers this way??? they have lost my luggage and I cannot seem to be able to claim the cost of my belongings back...totally unbelievable...can anyone advise??

• Mr
    MRS HAZEL CLARE Aug 01, 2011

dear sir we have been mess about with emirates staff i would like a manger to please contact me this is an urgent matter to much to write about i requied someone to talk to who can look into what we have been through and come up with a good answer because we have had the very worse 4 days. and we are very very unhappy .and are really looking at canceling our next flights for 2 people in oct of this year could you please contact me a.s.a.p. my phone number is [protected] mrs HAZEL CLARE.

• Of
    ofili Aug 01, 2011

I just want a response to my enquiry and complaint to the Emirates office six months ago PLEASE! Why is it only Nigerians who CANNOT pay for additional baggage ONLINE? At the same 20% discount given other nationalities? i think this is discrimination at its worst. We fly Emirates, first class, business, economy____your flights in and out of nigeria are always full! with Nigerians! We are charged an arm and a leg on these flights, I understand, more per mile than any other country you fly>>>>>>and still, the little perks we could enjoy, like a 20% discount on such a profitable route, we are not allowed to benefit from.
    That is very unfair and discriminatory.
    Do something about it Emirates.
    Most of the airlines that fly out of Nigeria treat us so badly!!!They take advantage of our good nature and hospitality towards non-Nigerians on Nigerian soil. Old airplanes, CRAPPY old airplanes..Emirates dONOT join the injustice.
    STOP, please. EK203494421

• Sh
    Shokoufeh Aug 06, 2011

To whom it may concern: August 6, 2011
    I am writing this e-mail to complain about Emirates Airline. I am Shokoufeh Ahmadi, a PhD student of Chemistry at University of Manitoba. On July 9 2011, I went to Emirate Airline, located on 1211/1 Vali Asr Ave, Tehran, Iran to get my ticket confirmed. (Document 1)
    On July 18, at 4 am, at Imam Khomeini airport, the Emirate airline checked my passport and study permit then 3 boarding passes were issued by Emirates agent for Dubai, Toronto, and Winnipeg. I entered Dubai and when I wanted to take the connection flight for Toronto, the Emirates agent told me that I could not continue my flight because I did not have the valid visa for Canada.
    According to the regulations of IATA the agencies and airlines are responsible to check the passport and visa. Since Emirate Airline in Iran did not warn me about my visa (on July 9, and even 18), it caused so many damages; including the injuries to my mental health, as well as financial damages, which Emirate has to fully recompense for all damages done to my life.
    The following is the list of damages that Emirates has caused:
    1. The loss of my reputation as the hard worker and responsible student at the university
    2. The loss of my job as a lab instructor ($3500) ( Document 2, the letter from the head of chemistry department)
    3. The cost of the ticket from Dubai to Tehran on July 18, at $412 (Document 3)
    4. The cost of the ticket from Tehran to Dubai $X( From July 22nd Emirates has been telling me there is no ticket from Tehran to Dubai, and it supposed to confirm the rest of my ticket for August first, then they changed it to August 3rd, 5th, and now 10th, I cannot stand this situation anymore, I went to Emirate Airline in Tehran and I wanted to talk to a person to make a complain, and I was told there is no person, I have to send an e-mail to the following addresses:
    [email protected] and [email protected]
    and none of them worked. I spent more than 4 days and wasted my valuable time on these wrong addresses.
    5. The fine of $200 for the date change ( I did not want to do that, it was Emirates mistake)
    6. The fine of $400 for the “No Show” ( I went from Iran to Dubai, and I have the boarding passes and the baggage claim cards, indicating no show does not make sense (Documents 4 & 5)
    Also, I double checked with the Emirates Airline in Dubai they checked the history of my ticket and it did not show the No show, therefore, why Emirates in Iran behaves this way?)
    7. The cost of exit duty at $50
    8. The cost of the cab from home to airport and vice-versa $60
    9. The cost of phone card and food at Dubai airport $30
    Just for your information, Emirates airline in Tehran, Mr. Parsi s not responsible for all these damages and told me I should pay all fines and buy the ticket and go to Canada and make the complain there. As the educated person, this advice to me is nonsense and he wants to get rid of me. I believe Emirates in Canada is not going to take any responsibility for the mistakes happened in Iran.
    At the end, Emirates Airline is responsible for all these damages and problems, and it must compensate all costs and issue a ticket from Tehran to Winnipeg as soon as possible.
    Regards,
    Shokoufeh Ahmadi
    P.S. the contact information in Tehran and Canada
    16 Ehtesham Street, Vali Asr Ave, Tehran, Iran, home phone: +[protected], cell: +[protected]
    708-90 Garry Street, Winnipeg, Canada, R3C 4J4 cell:+[protected]

• Wi
    Wilfred Rodrigues Aug 29, 2011

My aged inlaws were taking the Emirates 9.30 AM flight today (29.04.11) from Dubai to Mumbai & we were directed to a baggage check-in counter by one of the staff. On reaching this counter, the staff there informed us to go to another counter. We noticed that an adjacent counter was free but the staff at this counter (Ms. Riham) was ignoring our presence n busy chatting. I had to draw her attention to us. Next she takes the ticket n inquires about the destination & time of flight (these details already present on the ticket). Her tone was particularly not courteous. To top it up, we had as part of the check in luggage a Hoover Vacuum Cleaner to which the said staff asked: Do you mind telling me what is this ? I informed her it was a vacuum cleaner. Next she says: WHEN DID YOU PLAN TO TELL ME THAT - AFTER IT WAS BROKEN ? I informed her that it was easily visible - as the vacuum cleaner was in the original Showroom carton & wrapped with transparent film. She then informed me that she did not see it. The point here is - that the behaviour was unprofessional, especially towards aged senior people - the behaviour was selectively rude - & it was not what I expected from an Airline like Emirates. Appreciate if you could look into this - possibly you can send her for some training on customer service & showing courtesy & being professional & unprejudiced (I cannot think of any other cause why one behaves rudely to someone you have not met before - especially in the service industry). I am reporting this, so that this arrogant attitude is not repeated with other passengers. I always ensure to fly with Emirates & have received excellent service in the past but now I will have to re-think. Appreciate if you could confirm once corrective action is taken on [protected]@yahoo.com or [protected].