The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Elderhelpers.org — volunteer organization
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
I contacted elderhelpers.org on 24 March 2016 for help with my father. He has stage 4 lung cancer and he needed someone to stay with him during the day. Since he doesn't qualify for Medicaid he can't have home healthcare unless he pays out of pocket. Unfortunately, he can't afford $17-20 an hour.
I reached out to them, even though I saw some bad reviews. It seemed like most were sour grapes from people that didn't want to pay for background checks to be volunteers. Well today is the 25th, and I'm already done with them. I've called 8 people. One number was a real estate company, two were disconnected, and 4 I left messages, and 1 lady answered. She said she never finished her application and didn't understand why her profile was still on there. I received another call from the messages I left from a "volunteer's" husband. He said his wife has never been a volunteer and that I should probably be careful about letting anyone in my home that came from this website. To say I'm angry is putting it mildly. I'm also devastated. I don't care about the donation. What I care about is the two days I spent wasting on this organization. I could have been looking somewhere else for help.
When I emailed the lady in charge, she did her best to make me feel stupid and weak. Now, I might not be the brightest crayon in the box, but I know enough about deflection to know what she's doing. I also know all about avoidance and what dodging looks like. I have kids. I see it everyday. Please, for the sake of your sanity, don't waste your time with this website. Even if it's not a con. Most people that sign up to be volunteers aren't keeping their phone numbers updated so you're spending hours calling people that are never going to call you back. This organization is apathetic at best. It's a rip-off at worst.
The complaint has been investigated and resolved to the customer's satisfaction.
More Elderhelpers.org Complaints & Reviews
- Elderhelpers.org - then need only money
- Elderhelpers.org - waste of money - refusing refund
- Elderhelpers.org - fraudulent charges
- Elder Helpers - don't pay them and ask about everything in advance
- Elderhelpers.org - blocked my account
- Elder Helpers - cannot get help because all numbers for volunteers don't work.
- Elder Helpers - safety false advertising and no training
- elderhelpers.org, - refund on $50. fee for application for a ramp
- Elder Helpers - dissatisfied with service (can't find anyone to help)
- Elder Helpers - finding help for seniors