eFoodDepot / Food Depot Corporation Logo

eFoodDepot / Food Depot Corporation

Having problems with eFoodDepot / Food Depot Corporation?

7505 N. Broadway Extension № A
Fri9:30 AM - 6:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

all the sent food they were sent was expired

i was order food from efood depot for $70 on 2/22/10 and i never had a payment confirmation or shipping information from them (but they already took my money from my debit card) and after couple day from the date i order i call them, and they said they never had my purchase confirmation..(but they took my money though) and after i call suddenly charge is dissapear from my account..ok then i tought they cancel my purchase..!!!

but suddenly on 4/28/10 i received a box from them..and i check my bank account, they charge me for $75..and almost all the stuff they were sent to me was expired...in some food they erase the expiration date, but i know from the taste..and some of them they cover it with sticker..so i cant see the expiration date..

do not order anything from them..they are big SCAMMER!!!LIAR!!!

• We
    Wendy Pickford Aug 24, 2010

I ordered from them and paid with PayPal. Nothing arrived, nor was there any email communication, so I started a dispute with PayPal and emailed the company telling them to cancel the order. They shipped the items the very next day, with no apology or explanation. Do not deal with them.

Bob20 Sep 21, 2012

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY !!!

Terrible shipping, customer service.

We placed an order at the efooddepot.com website on Dec 26, 2009. At the time the order was placed it had been requested that the whole order be shipped together. We received the first shipment in mid-January 2010 which was missing several items. It appeared that inspite of our one-shipment request they had divided the order and the rest would come.

When nothing arrived I sent an e-mail to the vendor, which they chose to ignore. I sent follow-up e-mails and they responded only when I said I was going to contact my credit card and consumer protection. I received e-mails after that apologizing for the delay. One USPS envelope subsequently arrived; it had one packet with a shipping list stating 6 were enclosed. Since I had received an e-mail that the remaining items were being shipped before this envelope came - again we waited for the rest of the stuff to arrive.

Needless to say nothing came and I called credit card company blocking eFood Depot's access to it and sent then another e-mail informing them of this. With this e-mail I sent a detailed list of items that had not yet arrived and those that had been received, which included items that were a few years past their expiration date and products that had apparently been tampered with and resealed with scotch tape.

Following this I received a phone call from a very angry and accusatory person - accusing us of lying about not having received the ordered items since she could "see" in front of her that everything had been shipped. I tried to tell her that that was not possible. Most missing items were not listed on the first shipping list and both shipping lists had incorrect information. It probably would not have been possible to enclose 6 packages in the USPS envelope as they said they had on the shipping list. She would not listen to any description/reasoning, continued to say she could not trust us (- which was really ironic -) and hung up on me.

This was quite an experience. Anyway you live and learn. We did what we should have done in the first place - before going to them with business - and checked online. It was no surprise to us that the only comments posted regarding this site were negative. Others had had almost the same experience as us. It is unfortunate that these comments do not automatically pop-up as warnings for customers thinking of giving business to these groups.

There should be a mandatory link between these complaint boards and the websites they expose. It is really bad that first they cheat you out of your money, ship sub-standard stuff, make you waste your time in trying to follow up with different groups, and then to top it all call the customers untrustworthy.

SCAM - never receive the item

I bought grocery online from efooddepot.com on OCTOBER 8 for the amount of $31.57 but i never actually receive the item. I called them many times no answer and email them no respond.

Worse part: They got all my personal information including my Credit Card.

The item i bought, showed in stock at efooddepot.com. BEWARE of efooddepot.com SCAM - they have large variety of items but it seems they never have all of them in stock

• Tr
    tridar Feb 16, 2010

Worst customer servicer I have even encountered, period. Almost never pick up the phone. When they do, they claim their employees are "on break" or have "left early". I have left countless number of messages (over email and phone) and not once has anyone from efooddepot ever gotten back to me. They sent me the wrong item and have yet to send me a replacement. It has been over a month since my original order.

To potential customers: I would advise you to avoid this company at all costs.

will not refund money

I ordered $75 worth of products on September 4, 2009. I emailed on September 15, 2009 to inquire about my order and they responded that they would get the information from their shipping department. I tried to call to cancel my order but there was no answer and the voicemail box was full so I could not leave a message. I never received an answer from the shipping department. There were a few other attempts to email them but I received no response. On September 24, 2009 I emailed them to cancel my order and received this reply:
Dear Customer,

We apologize for the delay. There are a few items that we only have partially in stock and we are waiting for our shipment from our warehouse containing the remaining items to complete your order. We should be shipping out your order very soon.

Thanks,
Support

My credit card was partially charged the next day on September 25, 2009. On October 8, 2009 I still had not received any shipping information or any package so I emailed them again and they responded by saying my package had shipped on September 25, 2009 and also gave me a FedEx shipping number. I checked FedEx and my order had been shipped on September 25, 2009 but the status was updated on September 26, 2009 as unable to deliver because package was damaged. I emailed efooddepot.com again and told them the information from FedEx and they asked me if I want another package sent or if I wanted a refund. I responded on October 9, 2009 that I wanted a refund and I wanted my order to be updated to "cancelled" instead of "in process". They responded the same day with this:
Dear Customer,

All of cancellation order will be processed by next week.
Sorry for the incontinent.

Thanks,
Support

It is now October 14, 2009 and my credit card still has not been refunded and my emails to the company go unanswered.

bobagirl Dec 10, 2009

same thing happened to me. i ordered ALOT of stuff from them and they never shipped it.
    i emailed them asking why and they said they shipped it to me. they responded back with
    a tracking number. so, i figured, "now we are getting somewhere."

it turns out that it was a lame tracking number as it never even left their state! i even
    called the shipper to try and track it down, but no luck.

but they had the NERVE to charge my card again earlier today for backordered items.

it's been a month! i am calling my credit card first thing tomorrow and do a chargeback!
    stay as far away as possible with this site!

bobagirl Dec 10, 2009

btw, take your business to http://www.asianfoodgrocer.com/, i am =]

[Resolved] no reponse to email, nothing in stock, deceptive s&h

I was thrilled to find so many southeast Asian products at very low prices...but after ordering over $40...

Health Concerns & Lack of Customer Service

Ordered groceries on November 12, 2008. Did not received until December 15th, 2008. While waiting, I CALLED - got no answer, but left 2 messages, EMAILED - 3 times, no response, RESPONDED on WEBSITE CONTACT 2 times - no call, no email.

When I did get the groceries here is what I found:
8 badly damaged cans (health concern), one sauce that expired Jan 01, 2007, one sauce that expired Dec 01, 2008, and two free chopsticks... how nice! The packaging was horrible and loose, with packing peanuts!

I emailed, called and responded on website contact, again, and again. Still no call, no email, no response. I was even nice about it! All I want is to trade the dented cans for clean cans, and the expired sauces for good sauces. Easy enough, one would think!

• Br
    breeze516 Nov 26, 2010

Stoped shopping at food depot after 1 year because they charge 10% if you use food stamps. I lost a 14 dollar an hour job a year ago due to the resession, and had to go on food stamps.It was really hard trying to make ends meet and take care of my family on unemployment alone. I would buy for the whole month to limit the amount of trips to the store to save gas, we would spend about 400.oo dollars in stamps.food depo would charge us 40.oo which could have been used to buy food if we happend to run out of something during the month.They claime it helps the customer save because they can get food stocks at a lower prices to the consumer. but their prices are no better than publix which is now where i shop. I think its just another clever way for food depot to charge you tax on your food stamps, few people don't even realize they've even been charged the 10% since food stamps are supposed to be tax free. I think this needs to be investigated bu the state of Ga to see whats really going on. If you get food stamps and you shop at food depo check for your self next time you mak a trip to the store for groceries.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices