Ecco Shoesfall apart

L

My Ecco Shoes just fell apart, with very little wear and great maintenance - they always had shoe trees and were polished regularly and the temperature was always fine. The soles just crumbled all over my car mat, staining the carpet with sticky tar. Don't buy Ecco! the leather part of the shoes is still in great shape, but the soles are now a gooey tar.

There is now a Facebook Group - Ecco Shoes Suck! - please join to increase awareness about poor quality of Ecco and also to band together to demand they begin to stand behind their products.

• Da
    David Foot Apr 15, 2011

I also had sandals that I hardly used (like maybe 5 times).
    When I pulled them out of the cupboard after a couple of years the soles had turned to jelly - they were completely unwearable.
    It sems that this is a common problem due to faulty manufacture but Ecco refused to refund my money, only agreeing to a discount off another pair of shoes.

I don't buy rubbish twice.

Joan Phillips de Vives Oct 25, 2013

I have two pairs of Ecco sandals of which the soles have disintegrated. I spoke to the distribution manager of the Country ( Ireland ) where I bought them, and was told that rubber perishes as do car tires, if not used constantly!! I guess I should have worn them day and night!!! What sort of fools do these people take us for? Something has to be done to stop these things from happening. Joan Phillips de Vives.

P.S. Needless to say, I got no satisfaction. I now buy RIEKER footware.