Driving SchoolsDubai Driving Center .. Money Making Scam

Dubai Driving Institute is the worst place to be learning driving in. I am talking to specially in regards to the Discovery Gardens Branch.. Firstly they have an absolutely unprofessional and egoistic management headed by a clown called Mr. Jagadish. This guys is a manager there and plays the games. As i have been friendly with a few instructors i came to know the fail or pass of a student depends on this guys advise to the driving test inspector. I have been failed a few times and actually i drove well the third time and there was no major faults and you are allowed to make up to 12 minor faults for which i had only 10 minor faults. They Inspector which was a lady ( A very grupy lady at the albarsha branch) didnt even open her mouth while i was driving and then failed me. When i went back to this clown Jagadish he just washed his hands saying that was RTA and he could do nothing..
I think id is high time that RTA closely monitors these fraudulent money making business by these disgusting driving schools..
Its a real shame that these inconsiderate, unprofessional, cheaters are allowed to get away so easily. I believe Belhasa or Galadari would be a better option compared to these useless clowns

hilary0101 Mar 04, 2014

I first went to this Dubai Driving Center in may 2013. The staff who attend to me her name is Yezi. I ask her about the information of the school and classes, and said I would compare about some different schools I have been in contact with for the last few days. Yezi showed me a price list, and then told me that she was personally able to offer me the V.I.P. package at the normal price, and that allows me to take more than 4-8 classes a day instead of 2. I need that because my work doesn't has a regular schedule, I am not staying in Dubai everyday, and also I live very far away so each time I need to spend more than 2 hours on the way by taxi. Yezi also told me that she could be responsible to book lessons for me and arrange everything including a pick up service. I was satisfied with her offer so I payed her the whole fee which, according to Yezi, included all charges in the future. Yezi didn't gave me any more information because in the short 30 minutes I was with her, she seemed to have answered 5 telephone calls and had more than 10 people came to talk to her, the only information I got from her was that she will be contacting me about what to do next. So I put my full trust to her and went back start waiting for her calls. However, nothing happened in the following two month. During this time, I made calls to the school but they told me Yezi is on leave, and nobody else could attend my case because I don't have any files with me nor and study ID number. After personally went to the school, I was handed over to another staff, and could finally start my study with this school. This was just the beginning.

Cheaters!

hilary0101 Mar 04, 2014

I write to you to share with you my unpleasant experience and complaint about a driving school-Dubai Driving Center.
    The school mentioned above, from outside, it looks like just a normal driving school, that's what fooled me to decide to take classes with them at the beginning. However, that was not the true story, my nightmare just began.
    After I finish with all my theory classes, I went to book the exam with the school, at this point, they requested me to pay the fee for exam. I questioned about their information provided at the beginning that my first payment included all the future charges (as Yezi explained to me before I agree to study in this school and when I payed my first amount of fees). But the answer I got back from them is they did not know what I was been told, and the reality is that my payment doesn't include any extra payments, e.g. documents, profile, renewing fees, evaluation tests fees, etc.
    So since then I have been paying all kinds of fees under different names to this school.

The promised pick up service did not come because the school thinks it is too far away for them to arrange.

The promised 6-8 classes per day was not realized because the school told me it was a busy season and the maximum number of classes they could give me was 2. I tried to be considerate and accepted that it was hard for them to arrange.
    At the beginning, staff Yezi promised me that she would be arrange booking the classes for me, but it turn out that I could never book anything with them, the way of how I take lessons with this school was each I had to personally show up there at 8 am, and try to push my way through the crowd of frustrated students, shouting to get attention from the only staff who was working there to plea for being arranged a car and trainer. After all these struggles and waitings for half to one hour, if I was lucky, maybe I could get a trainer and have my 2 classes which suppose to last for 60 minutes, however, the actual time of total instructing and practicing usually lasts for 10-15 minutes, and during the 10-15 minutes, the trainers are continuously being interrupted by phone calls, knockings on the windows by students, and chatting with their colleagues. Once I was assigned to one trainer, I show up on time when my class was suppose to start, but when I opened the car, I found there was another staff of the school siting together with the trainer in the car, eating snacks and chatting, the full car was filled with a smell of food, and the staff told me that I have to wait another 10 minutes without ever stop eating, laughing to look at me. The other time I went to a car, but the trainer was no where to be found. I went to every office in the school asking where to find my trainer, again I was told to go from one person to another, and finally I found her siting in another car chatting with her friend 45 minutes later than the actual starting time of the class. She said that it was hot outside so she had to sit in another car instead of her own, but I was the one who was being waiting outside and running around. I still remember that during the theory classes I took in this school, I was refused to enter the classroom when I was 5 minutes late, and I had traveled a hour on the way to reach there just to travel another hour back.

Because I could not get enough classes in time, so by end of 2013, I had only finished 10 classes with them, and my profile expired. I went another time to school payed to renew my profile, and by the time I went to collect my profile in hoping of book some classes as well, they told me that I can not take classes because I have to come another time to renew my learning permit, and I have to pay again to do an evaluation test as well. When I ask them why I was not informed of this before so I could avoid it, they told me that this is just a new rule. The staff in school said to me that this is just small money 100-300 dhs each time I was paying, why I should think hard to pay, however, I know that each time I am also spending 150 dhs on taxi to go their just to be told I have some more file to do or some more fees to pay, and about my classes, they cannot do anything, because they do not have available trainers nor cars anytime.
    So I went to another branch in Al Quoz of the school to try my luck. However, this time the school had a bigger problem because they just discovered that my study profile is a regular schedule one, which means that I could only take classes on specific days of the week. I was never aware of this because of, one thing, when I registered my profile and agreement with the staff Yezi, I knew as she gave me the V.I.P. package which allows me to take classes any time through booking, and she was totally aware that I can not attend the regular schedule; the other thing was that I had been taking irregular schedule classes with the school since beginning up till then. So now the situation made it impossible for me to continue my study because as I said, I am not in Dubai in regular days. I cannot quit the school neither because the school doesn't offer proof for the already completed part of study nor do they refund any payment. I found myself totally frustrated desperate and I know that I have been cheated by staff Yezi since the beginning. She lied to persuade me to join this school and payed full payment at the beginning, but nothing she promised to offer was true.

I tried to complain several times to the school management, but the situation did not improve, and I was frequently ignored and abused by the staff. Every time, I was told to go from one person to another, repeating my stories again and again, but got the reply as they could not do anything and it was not their responsibility. I called staff Yezi, she denied everything she said, with a raised voice shouting to me through the phone that she cannot do anything and hung up the phone sharply. I went to the school management about being abused by their staff, but the school told me she is just an individual and doesn't have anything to do with the school. However, in my knowledge, I understand staff Yezi as representing the school. I wrote 3 pages of complaining letter to the school management, but nothing ever come back to me. Since there is no way to cancel my study with this school and refund my payment, so I just put my last hope to finish my study as soon as possible. I tried my best effort to get as many classes as possible, but it is so hard with this school because every time they deny my request by telling me that my profile is another type or they don't have any cars or trainers available, no matter how many days I try to request ahead. If a driving school doesn't even have traning resources available, what is it?

Right now I am still trying my best to cooperate with this school, I have put all my free time and all my effort. During this one year, I have been shouted to my face, being hung up the phone, being lied to, being cheated, being ignored, and being told that they do not care. Sometimes I talk with the other students in the school, I have never met one individual who was satisfied with this school. I ask them why do you not tell about your bad experience about what is happening here, they told me that there is no one to go to. If you would care, please go there and investigate yourself, you will find that everything I wrote is true. Right now I am extremely desperate, frustrated, and feeling helpless. I put my last hope in writing to you and hope that you could do something to make a difference.

Thank you for reading.