• La
    laura Dec 22, 2008

I have just recieved the same and decided to check it out. Also recieved one where the envelope has the address p.o.box9002 levittown, ny 11756 in the top left with big bold letters that say LOCATE TO DELIVER. below that is ISSUANCE OFC enclosures with mailed hand written on the line. below that it says usps secure mail sent under strict protection. direct delivery to residence. it is also stamped 12/11/08 with a meter stamp. bottom right reads -Div. Office 8Jt-. Inside envelope is addressed as
    IDENTIFIED INDIVIDUAL
    P.O. Box 9101
    Bethpage, NY [protected]

It has the same blue official looking document as the first and they to are asking for $19.99 for one time fee and it is for $1, 250, 000.00

I really hope this helps everyone

• Fo
    fosnal Mar 15, 2009

I have received the same thing too, and I believed it was true and it was not. I was going to sign the check in the amount of $ 19.99 to sentd to them, and before I mailed it I decided to go on google to such to see if it was a real company and it was not. I thank God I didn't send any check.

VC

• Dj
    DJ LaFave Mar 16, 2009

I literally get five of these type of scams a week and actually got taken for over one thousand dollars on a mystery shoppers pitch. I receieved the DRD one today and laughed when I looked it up - if you just won over a million dollars then they should have 19.99 of THAT!

• Bl
    blacksheep1987 Mar 17, 2009

Me too, i got two letters saying about the same thing. That ive won over a million dollars and so on and so forth.. I'm just curious how they got my name and information. I too was scammed by a mystery shopper scam but they totally got me for almost 4, 000.00. Completely screwed me over and all because of a loop hole in the banking system-- Most people don't know this but it is a federal law that states, 'banks must release money deposited by a check if it sits in your account atleast five days.' That doesnt mean after the five days the check has been cleared, only that it is avalible. And if it goes bad your on the hook for it. Totally sucks, being a full time student and with out money anyways, that just put me 3, 000.00 in the whole. But, remember, what goes around comes around. By the way thanks for the info on these scams.

• Dc
    dc4life Jul 16, 2009

I just received a letter in the mail on Thursdat July 15 stating that I have won 1, 400, 000.00, but I would need to send them $19.99 for the Award payment Data Release fee. I amglad I decided to google this before sending a check.

Thanks for all of your help

Sam hassan Jul 16, 2009

It is a total scam .

• Th
    The Hope Jul 17, 2009

I just received this same letter 7/17/09. Wanting me to send them $19.99 for my award of $1, 400, 000.00. There is no return telephone number or website listed to speak to anyone. I'm glad I went to bing.com to check this out. Thank you for your imput!

• Sm
    smolife Sep 14, 2009

they should let us meet them so we could kick their ### and make them pay what they promise liars

Comments

• Sm
    smolife Sep 14, 2009

they should pay what it was promise this was false advertisement

• Hi
    hidate Sep 15, 2009

Have you ever bought something from AS Seen on TV sites? THAT IS IT!! Accidentally I misspelled my name when I ordered an item to them. After then I receive a lot of rip off phone calls and letters using my incorrect name including this letter "certificate claiming a payment award for $1, 400, 000 if I mailed them a check for $19.99". Be aware and don't trust As Seen on TV sites.

• Ew
    EW/Texas Oct 19, 2009

I received my letter from this scamster Robert Richards, prize announcer for the non-existing DRD company on today; Monday, October 19, 2009. I too went on line to research this mailing because I agree it does look legitimately convincing. Thanks for the information on this scam and all should really be aware especially due to the time of year it is...there will will probably be an increase of this type of terrible activity because we are approaching the holiday season. People all over the country are struggling and in need of finances and a million plus dollars would look awfully good to anyone right now, myself included. Hopefully, due to the information in reference to what this fraudulent mailing is really all about being available via the Internet, this person or group of people are not successful. Thanks again for the valuable information.

E.W./Texas

Sucka4$ Oct 24, 2009

I too just received the same letter saying I had won $1, 400, 000 from this DRD. I'm hurtin and I thought I had finally caught a break. but it turns out I aint gettin ###. thank the Lord for this website, otherwise Id be out 20 bucks. Thanks for the comments.

• Ru
    Ruben Colmenero Nov 22, 2009

I'm pretty pissed off that some idiot or idiot's with this bird brian idea is tring to scam people as well as myself, at first I was hyped at the thought perhaps I'd won $1, 250, 000.00 .I looked up google regarding the prize money too good to be true, send $19.99, I just bought a base ball bat for $19.99, hoping to play base ball with these kat's.

• He
    hefphupae Dec 15, 2009

Does anyone know how to bust this people or who to call to report them?

• Jg
    Jgreer320 Feb 13, 2010

There is no Phone number, Web site, or anything. They changed their address to P.O. Box 9000 East Meadow, NY [protected]... These dirt bags should go to work 70 hours a week like I do... You will never get my $19.99

• Rw
    rwashby503 Apr 19, 2010

in answer to Jreer320 i think the attorney generals office. if all people who get these kinds of mailing just bombbarded his or her office with calls of complaints of these frauds maybe this person robert richards would be in jail. this guy is no better than Bernie Maddoff. We as a society have become so lax that the government state and federal just ignore the problem while us tax paying citezens get the shaft from the criminals of this country. i long for the days of public hangings. if they ever brought it back there would be a dramatic drop in crime.

jones61 May 15, 2010

that [censor] almost got me to, but think GOD for the internet, google, and all of yall comments. It was to good to be true I wish that I could catch up with that scam artist and beat the [censored] out of him for getting my hopes up high.

D. Jones Reserve LA

notrealmad May 29, 2010

ha ya all i have been receiving these letters for some time know for some time the first two i sent them 11dollars so i lost 22 dollars i am pretty mad but i have fallen for some good scams like the one were this co. said they could save 2.000 dollars in two months they put me on the phone with my creditors or so i thought asking .they put me on hold as they talked with them the plan coast 900 dollars up front but you conform that if you cant save 2500.00 dollars that you would get your money returned all except 90.00 dollars they put you on the phone with your credit card co. and tell them the same thing and even give you a conformation # then in about 2 weeks or so you get a planed budget telling you that in 4 years you can be out of debit but all calls were fake so thank you all for help with this one iwish i had this kind of information before thanks

• Ke
    Keesha Jun 14, 2010

I have received this same letter for 1.400.000.00 but thank GOD for the internet before mailing my check and i was( who wouldn't especially when their saying this is real and not fake) I looked this D.R.D up and these stories popped as my mom used to say if i sounds to good to be true it probably is good for the internet people like these will be out of business soon as far as i know everyone look into these things before sending money good for us and yes it's bad for them

• Bs
    bsw Aug 14, 2010

I just got the send $19.99 in return for $1, 400, 000 official looking document but turned it over and read the back side disclaimer stating in plain Enlish 'You have not won any money or prizes" and still, I don't understand how this is LEGAL. You have to feel for the elderly who are alot more naive then the rest of us!

suleimanidoor Aug 15, 2010

[protected]@gmail.com

• Te
    temeshea Sep 20, 2010

i got the same letter . i just laughed i new they wasn't a real company but i checked them out enyways . they are stuck on the 19.99 dallors in return you will be a millionaire . no they are if they keep sending people that line of crap in the mail . they are ringing in the bucks . you think about it aleast one out of 10 sends in the 19.99 dollars and they send forms out everyday . you would think they would get caught or something . And ya how does these people get are info enyways . its bad enough we get bills in the mail and now we get that crap .

• Ar
    Archangel69 Sep 20, 2010

I agree within this type of scam...However mine was not from DVD, the address: tr7 (TRV network) tsrVision.TV
    ACCEPTANCE/APPROVALS DIVISION
    **SPECIAL MAIL P.O. Box 9214
    Old Bethpage, NY [protected]
    Officially stamped with a gold seal and signed by an accountant's name of Stephen Leade. Document's were to be signed and I was to be awarded two million one hundred sixty thousand- as long as I paid them $19.99.
    They claim they are a P.S.D.O. company and you haven't won any money, that they only tell you of sweepstakes listing's...they are a research and reporting service...Someone need's to put an end to these SCAMMER'S!!!

• Lo
    Lois Castledine Dec 13, 2010

I got a mailing from DRD Office TODAY. I looked for a street address, phone number and a website. So, I went online and typed in DRD in Google. I clicked on the first answer to my search and here I am. I appreciate BSW comments. I am 79 yrs old. I thank you all for your comments. I threw it my wastebasket. AND I thank the Lord for giving me to desire to learn computers in 1983. AND I thank Bill Gates & Steve Jobs for paving the way for the PC.

Mary Arnzen Johnson Dec 13, 2010

I also just received the same letter dated December 9th, 2010, telling me I won 1, 400, 000.00 if I sent 19.99. It was also from this PO Box 9035 Jericho, NY 11753. How do these people continue to by with these scams??????

• Ha
    Harmony Angelic Jan 17, 2011

I just got a letter from D.R.D stating that if i mailed a check to them for 19.99 then i would be getting 1, 400, 000. It makes me sick how cruel some people could be I am 26 yrs old have no health insurance and just found out that i'm now facing cancer so when i got this letter i was thinking that all my worries were over HA guess the joke will forever be on me... Thanks for everyone posting on here or else I would have been taken

Scam letter Jan 19, 2011

I received one of this letter stating that I should send $ 19.99 for processing fee to iligible to win $ 1, 250, 000.00. Thank you for the warning that this is a scam notice!!

Scam letter Jan 19, 2011

I just received one of this scam letter stating that I should send $ 19.99 for processing fee to be iligible to will $ 1, 250, 000.00

Scam letter Jan 19, 2011

I just received one of this scam letter on Jan. 18, 2011 stating that I should send $ 19.99 to P. O. Box 9101 Bethpage, NY [protected] for processing fee to be iligible to win $ 1, 250, 000.00. Thank you for the warning

• Ri
    rickyraccoon87 Apr 22, 2011

I got this Letter yesterdayI can not believe it I am sending it back to the JERK and tell him to pay My 19.99 Sice he has major bucks. I feel sorry for the people who did send in money and got nothing in return I would like to sue him. or file a suit with the better bussiness bereau
    And I think I will Thank you all for information I was ready to sign that check.Thank god I did not rickyraccoon87

sunshinecspice May 12, 2011

I just received this letter and it stated I won 1, 400, 000.oo and was excited but glad I looked on the back of the paper and said I didn't win anything and then I googled it and thanks to all the comments it was a scam.

• Iv
    Ivancarol May 14, 2011

I just recieved the same letter. It's a total scam everyone ! I knew it was a scam just because of the simple fact that I NEVER WIN ANYTHING!!! So all of a sudden I'm winning sweepstake after sweeptakes. I don't think so. God bless the internet and god bless all of you good people. Keep looking out for each other ( especially the elderly, what if was your grandmother) and we can defeat these @[email protected]$%#!!!

• Zi
    zionika Jul 14, 2011

I got the same letter and because i do sweepstakes all the time and have received these scams before but never acted on them because I googled it online and here all you were complaining that it was a scam. Thank you everyone for taking a moment and telling us that its a scam.

• Pa
    pamela giddings Jul 16, 2011

i ahve recieved a letter on july 15, 2011 telling me i have won a big amount of money of 1, 400, 000.00 the letter looked real and wanted me to send 19.99 cash, money order, check so i decied to go on line and see if it was real and i knew it wasn't but wanted to mke sure cause it looked real, my husband said it to good to be real and if i won this money why send money so we know it fake as can be ..just wanted to say thank you google for letting me know this was fake and a scam...

nobody u know Aug 15, 2011

I just got the same letter today, i was like what i won something... ooo god yes! i'm going to do so much good with this money, come to find out that it's a scam smh.. people now a days. glad i looked it up 1, 400, 000 my a**

yg

• Bi
    bill609 Sep 17, 2011

I to received a letter stating me to send them a check for 19.99 and I to would be awared a check for 1400, 000.00 I thought I had won . Only to find out by the internet that this was a scam. Thank God for the internet. long.[protected]@yahoo.com

• Sh
    shakimba eans-hargrove Sep 28, 2011

hello i recieved one of these letters as well. my family is struggeling and i have never been presented with anything that stated i've won anything. well i got taken i guess you can say because i sent in the money and now i'm stuck. i went to a lawyer and they said they would look into this for, but thats just another way of saying, sorry you poor sucker. someone needs to put an end to this madness. i'm going to keep trying as hard as i can.[protected]@yahoo.com

magalie odera Oct 18, 2011

I just received that same letter in the mail also. for just a fee of $19.00 i have to return the document and i will be awarded $1.400, 000. Thank God i went to google to check it out

• Ka
    KateeB Nov 14, 2011

has anyone actually sent the $19.99 processing fee? If so, what was the outcome or reply from company after they rec'd the fee. All the above complaints state that they never sent the money. I'm interested in response to this. Please reply. KateeB

• Sh
    sharibaby29 Nov 29, 2011

sent in the money cause I have cancer and am struggling and thought maybe a good thing could happen for me and my family but the ### wanted another $34.99 and the amount jumped up to $2.160.000.00. Total scam. There you go KateeB

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices