Dr Choong Yee Fong (ISEC International Specialist Eye Centre)Strabismus surgery damaged my eye

I went here for strabismus surgery and it was a horrible mistake. The technique uses causes lots of SCARRING to the eye, because they do not perform the incisions behind the eyelid. My eye looks permanently red and inflamed now. I did this surgery to fix my crossed eyes and now I have a new problem!! I'm so sad that I have an ugly eye for the rest of my life... :( And it was avoidable as well.

Dr Fong did not tell me there would be permanent damage... UNETHICAL! Why is he performing a surgery that causes a lot of scarring?!

Please make sure your surgeon does not use a "limbal incision", find a good surgeon uses fornix or minimally invasive strabismus surgery (MISS).

Strabismus surgery damaged my eye
Strabismus surgery damaged my eye

• Ha
    Hao Lua Nov 04, 2018

more importantly, hows is your strabismus now ? and do you mean the permanent damage is the redness?

• 建添黄 Oct 11, 2018

Hi, your scar recovered?going to isec for squint surgery this moth