Domestic Wild CatsSelling Sick Cats

This is a thread showing this Savannah breeder's deceptive business practices and proof she sells sick kittens, allows them to leave her care to young, some are infestive with parasites, fleas, ringworm, and other problems. One of her kittens was in such poor health the kitten died. Many of her kittens are unregistered, and the mixes are unknown. Which I personally feel can be dangerous and detrimental to the cat when seeking veterinary care. She breeds with little care for her cats' well being. Ringworm, parasites, fleas, are all signs of a backyard breeder, and not someone that is properly caring for her felines.

I was sickened reading people's experiences with this breeder. Please research and join groups on Facebook or other social groups. I have found that is the best way to find a wonderful pet. People like this women should not breed, because their cats just suffer in poor conditions. If you choose to bring a kitten or puppy home with these issues and have other pets or children. In many cases, children and pets can be infested with these parasites and skin conditions too. Many times it is costly to treat, and if you have a child with immune problems or a elderly pet, it can turn into a nightmare. I am against unethical breeders, and want them stopped. Do your homework, check out their cattery or kennel, ask questions, and join groups. Stop people like her!

• Me
    Melissa MissFitts Nov 02, 2016

palatalization - paralyzation -

• Me
    Melissa MissFitts Nov 02, 2016

Ok... i found out a lot of disturbing info on how these kittens are treated... first of all the palatalization or central nervous system issue is from an over dose of Ivomec used to treat ear mites and large dosage will cause Ivermectin Toxicity- Read about it. My boy is currently recovering from this and he was so close to those stages of death when we hit the palatalization stage, because the next and last step of toxicity is coma and death. We are hoping for a full recover as our vets believe it will pass as the worst part of the toxin has passed. While freaking out and trying to figure out whats wrong with my baby, i was told nuero issues, but there was a worry about what if some thing is broke, as his Ivermectin Toxicity hit right when he got scared and jumped off the bed. hence the reason I thought maybe something was broken. Xrays were taken and now finding out he has chronic fractures through out his body, most of them old and some are in the healing stages but nothing reflecting this was done recently so it ruled out the part of him hurting himself from jumping off the bed. 2nd day of having this precious guy and both days have been spent in the hospital. I'm still waiting on more answers on the chronic fractures as it could be from disease or malnutrition. mostly not from a lack of food but for lack of neutriance in the food... I am close to a $1k in hospital bills and we are not done until i know this boy is healthy again and see if we can reverse the damages. I have been freaking out and crying for 2 days since i got him.

• Ji
    JimHeidi Bahr Oct 18, 2016

I bought two cats a Savannah /lynx and a Savannah/ Jungle cat. they are now a year and a half old. No problems and they are both big and both friendly cats. When I bring a new animal to the house I worm and check them over give them a flea bath. The only problem I had was the jungle cat wouldn't eat cat food. I did some research and found they needed a special diet. she eats cooked chicken and canned cat food mixed with turine. No biggie I love the cats I got from her, but if you want a exotic cat be prepared to invest in it needs. Once it belongs to you, you are the parent and need to care of its needs and keep it!!! not a throw away to pawn off on some else. I seen a comment on ear mites and fleas. Both are easy to take care of. Buy Pet Armor plus or front line plus, and clean there ears once a week, problem solved. think really hard before buying a animal any animal and be willing to give it a good life and one owner. if your not willing to keep it for it's whole live and take of it don't buy it. they need love and care just like people do.

• Sh
    Shugerlump Aug 29, 2016

Its funny how her friends come on here saying her cats are healthy. I have vet paper work. They are not healthy and she is a scammer. Her aaand her husband. She lied about my kitten being a savannah. He was a chausie. The savannah rescue wouldnt take him because he wasnt a savannah. He had ear mites and fleas when i got him and was sick. I got her banned from the site ahe was advertising on for selling sick cats. I am looking for a lawyer as we speak to get my money back. She should be arrested.

• Li
    Lizzy1966 Jun 21, 2016

I purchased a Savanah cat from.this breeder from.her February litter and we have been to vet several times..ear mites, and at 4 months old we are now dealing with her back legs no longer allowing her to jump or play like a kitten. Medication for her joints daily and she hides in pain at 4 months old! Vet is hoping it does not turn into lower extremities paralysis. My heart is broken

I purchased fake cats Jun 14, 2016

😕

I purchased fake cats Jun 14, 2016

I feel your pain. I wish I would have done more research before purchasing. Whats even more upsetting is and we should have seen this as a red flag when she said her cats aren't papered. We got charged an extraordinary amount of money for what appears to be immatation Savannah cats.

• Gl
    Glhwildcat Jun 14, 2016

I don't think that is going to be possible with the contract. I'm sure hoping that this is a thing of the past and they have gotten everything in order. I wish that I had seen this and savannahcatchat forum before I made my decision. I had a f2 & f4 Savannah several years ago & went through a divorce. They went with the ex wife & kids. I wanted to have a pair of my own & was really hoping to have a good experience. What's crazy, I got a bad cat from F1hybrids years ago & it was sick from day one. Multiple trips to the vet & it died of FIP so I should have known to do more research.

I purchased fake cats Jun 13, 2016

Can you ask for your deposit back ?

I purchased fake cats Jun 13, 2016

Can you ask for your deposit back?

• Gl
    Glhwildcat Jun 13, 2016

I just put 2 deposits on 2 kittens from Domestic Wild Cats. After reading above I'm very concerned to say the least. I'm supposed to get them in July and I'm very worried about getting unhealthy cats. :-(

I purchased fake cats Mar 22, 2016

I am also very unhappy with my supposedly real Savannah cats purchase. Both cats were chronically sick and on top of that she charged me $1, 900 a piece . For that amount of amount i could have purchased real Savannah cats ! Taran lied and lead us to believe that our cats would grow up to 25 pounds but our cats are not even half that size. My boy cat is very small and he is full grown. My female has a heart defect that i was told she would grow out of but never did. My first boy cat had to be replaced with another boy cat who was sick too! They had ear mites and respiratory issues and to this day they don't sound right. I wish i would have stumbled upon this website before purchasing.

• Br
    Brigitte Cowell Moyne Feb 05, 2016

We are currently dealing with yet another person contacting Savannah Cat Rescue about this cattery. The kitten is sick and has been sick the four months the owner has had it. It has Chlamydia along with the earmites and fleas it came with, it is now seemingly blind and getting worse.
    Additionally, the owner was lied to about the kitten. It was represented as an "F2.5 Savannah" while it has an F1 Chausie mother and F3 Chausie sire (who happens to have a Savannah sire, I believe F6 Savannah). So at best this kitten is an F8A Savannah but is in reality an F2 Chausie. This person wanted a Savannah kitten and was misled.
    It is fine to think her cats are the "coolest looking cat around" but they are not what they are reputed to be. By not selling them registered and not supplying pedigrees buyers are being scammed in reality about what they are purchasing. A cool looking domestic shorthair is not worth hundreds nor thousands of dollars, hence it is important that breeders are ethical and honest about what they are selling.
    Chausie Rescue will be taking this kitten now, we hope it can get well and have a happy pet life still.

• Ni
    nickstix2012 Sep 30, 2015

I agree with Kitcat12. I purchased a Savannah from DomesticWildCat.com. It had problems. It sneezed constantly and can't breath out of it's nose. It's almost 3 years old now and still has problems. The worst part is the cat never got big. It's no bigger than the stray cats you find in an alley. It looks like a tabby cat. The cat has hardly no spots but rather stripes. Look at the pics. This woman is a scammer and a con artist. She doesn't know what she's doing. She should be arrested and thrown in jail. It's really terrible what she's doing to these cats and the innocent people that buy them.

• Ha
    Hayden H. Sep 18, 2015

I purchased my Savannah F3 (25% cerval) from her and he is amazing from looks, size to personality. Out of all the litters of Savannah's I have seen her cats had the best coloration patterns by far. Some of her kittens have the Polydactyl gene giving them an extra claw on their front and back legs that gave my cat amazing dexterity with his paws and overall more balance. Her prices are 30% cheaper than her competitors and that why she is getting slammed by them on these forums #haters. Other breeders are hating on her not being official, but her cats are just as good if not better and more affordable because she is not as official. Meaning her website isn't professional and slick and she probably operates as a sole proprietor instead of an LLC official business but her cats are just as great. I met her in person she was nice and seems to do this more of a love-hobby than a profession, her family seemed very well off and she can afford the best breeder cats. Obsessed with her cats diet as well. For me thats better than a breeder for business, her cats get more family attention very young and aren't in a cage all day so they should be more socialized. If you want the coolest looking cat around thats smart and affordable. Don't waste the money on the rip off breeders for price cause they quality isn't any better. She has a 1 month health guarantee on her kittens so just be smart and take your kitten to the vet for a quick exam right when you get the cat to make sure he/ she is healthy.