Dollar Treerefusing to pay for a day I came in and schedules were changed same day without notifying me.

An Oct 02, 2019 Review updated:

I came in to work 12 am the start of Friday for a 5 hour shift. I stayed 30 minutes and nobody arrived. I traveled back home and spent money coming and going.
When I got to work the following day I was told the other employees received messages about the last minute schedule change.
I was told there is no compensation, I feel I have absolutely no one to help me at this job. Human resources is nearly impossible to contact. I have left tons of messages.
We have not had a break room in 2 years because they put overstocked products on our break table and we cannot even access the table or lockers which has been brought to hr attention but have done nothing.
My name is Anthony Rivera, [protected]
Anthonyr89.[protected]@gmail.com
If anyone can help me please contact me.

Comments

• Km
      Oct 02, 2019

Most retailers have a policy that you have to wait an hour for an opening manager before you will be compensated at all. Some will even allow that you may go home after the 1st hour and still be paid for the whole shift, others will only pay if you stay waiting till your shift would have naturally ended.