Disney StoreIn-store incident

K Sep 18, 2020 Review updated:

On September 18th my son and I were denied entry to the Disney store in Destiny Mall in Syracuse NY. Even though I told the woman he is 2 years old and he has asthma and cannot wear a mask. She continued to deny us entry. I tried a face shield, I tried a mask and he would not wear it as it inhibits his breathing.

I told the customer service woman this and she still denied us entry. I then told her per NYS Mask Law and CDC regulations she cannot discriminate against my son for his disease. She continued to deny us entry.

As everything else has been taken away from our poor children and they've been in lockdown, I am appalled at the Disney Stores actions and discrimination against my son. My 6 year old daughter wears a mask. She doesn't have asthma. My son cannot. I actually have asthma as well. I h e had asthma attacks from wearing a mask, but I do anyway. I don't want the fight, I don't like conflict so as an adult I do it anyway. A 2 year old child is different. How dare you make your own laws and deny us entry. The positive number of cases of COVID-19 are under 1 %, yet these employees think they can implement their own rules and deny us entry to the Disney store. No other business makes a scene and discriminated against my son with asthma.

As a loyal Disney customer I am appalled and disgusted. You'll be hearing from my lawyer.

• Za
    Zachary ttt Sep 18, 2020

I do not think that the mask rule applied to two and under so you are right and they are wrong.