DillonsTardy and rude

V

I am very sick today - severe sinusitis + throbbing headache. I went to see the doctor and went straight from there to the pharmacy to pick up the medicines so I could go back to bed. The pharmacy is the one in the Dillions at 21st St. and Rock Road in Wichita.

I was told that my prescription was in the system and that it would be filled in 20 minutes. I sat in the row of chairs right in front of the person manning the sale counter. I was the only one waiting. Then I was joined by a woman with four kids. Then she got her prescription and left. I continued to wait, periodically checking with the sales clerk. After about 45 minutes I was again told that it would take 5 to 10 more minutes. I told her that it was ridiculous to make me wait so long, when I was the only one waiting, just to fill an antibiotic prescription (seriously, there seemed to be at least 3 pharmacists filling prescriptions, and how long does it take to count out 20 pills?). Then I waited a few more minutes and left.

On my way out, I stopped by the customer service desk to complain to the manager about this. I was told that all the managers were in a meeting. That customer service person made a pretense of trying to call the pharmacy; no one picked up there. I said that I was hurting and nauseous and could not sit any longer, and asked if they could deliver the medicines at home. They said they could not do that.

I stopped by my doctor's office again, had them transfer the prescription to another pharmacy that filled it in 10 minutes, including the time to set me up as a new customer, and came back home. I will never use that Dillons again and if this happens to me once more at any other Dillons I will quit patronizing the chain.

At best, the Dillons pharmacy employees are a callous bunch, who enjoy seeing an obviously sick patient suffer while waiting for close to an hour. Such people do not deserve to be employed by any customer-centric organization.

Riled up.