Diamond Motors Reno / SparksCar breaks down every day

These uncaring people expect the buyer to pay for repairs to a piece of crap that hasn't run correctly since it was purchased!!
Do not deal with these people. They WILL take you for a fool!!

• Je
    Jessicasnapp Mar 23, 2013

DO NOT BUY A CAR FROM HERE! For starters I was buying a 2003 Ford Focus and from DAY 1 of driving it off the lot and attempting to drive to Fernley, the car started SMOKING. I pulled off the side of the highway, and called Diamond Motors and explained to them what had happened. Dale(sales man) then sent out one of his "mechanics" and the guy told me that it was just the cleaner they used on the engine that was causing it to smoke. BULL CRAP! I then told them that since it was under warranty that it needed to be taken to a shop. They then had me follow them to their shop that inspects all of their cars. They had to put a few new parts in the car and I REFUSED to pay for it after putting down over a $1000 that day. So yes they did pay for that. Then over the 6 months that I had it, it just had multiple problems that they refused to open their eyes too. So, after driving it to school in Reno, I went to leave and the car started and IMMEDIATE clanking started. I tried to put my car into reverse and it would not go... so I put it into drive and it started to go but kept locking up and wouldn't go past 5mph...my dad then came and looked at the car and told me that the CVC joints had locked up. I then called Dale and told him what had happened and he told me WORD FOR WORD "Well, that's what you get for buying from a buy here pay here." And then hung up. So I had to call the Finance company and tell them that I had to return the car.. So needless to say, WE ARE PAYING FOR IT! My husbands wages are getting garnished after being taken to court from their finance company. NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER BUY FROM DIAMOND MOTORS. They will get you for EVERYTHING SINGLE PENNY YOU HAVE!!!

• Ke
    Keith Toliver Jan 17, 2017

@Jessicasnapp They are the worst business I've ever dealt with

• Ki
    Kin-G Aug 19, 2012

Bought a truck from this same shop last week. Problems since driving off the lot: oil leak, a/c & heater don't work, passenger door doesn't lock or open from inside, takes a couple try's to start, 4x4 doesn't work and it smokes from the engine still after $100 in gas. Keep in mind I'm paying 35%, yes I'm sure it's not 3.5, it is 35%. 9000 dollars for a truck which is estimated at 2000 on kbb if everything works. Went to return it and out of all people the owner said he doesn't care what's wrong or how much it cost, and that it was my problem now. And if I did return it he would file a repo on my record and sue me for 6 years, ( I didn't explain word for word because he was using profanity the whole time.) Horrible shop, worst business. Boycot this dealer. I'm in the middle of getting an attorney, and you will be in the same situation with the same crappy customer service sales men there. Theres is far better car dealers including used car dealers out there, just take your time. Hope I save you a couple grand.

• Ke
    Keith Toliver Jan 17, 2017

@Kin-G I'm in same situation with them 35% interest rate car check engine light came on a we after I purchase the car. Car not worth 1500$ and they want 9000$ . Total highway robbery. Would never suggest them to my enemies.