Dental PlansMisrepresentation

B

I paid for the GE Wellness Plan because my daughter needed her wisdom teeth removed and she has no insurance. This plan specifically listed oral surgeons which I scheduled an appointment with. They said they had never heard of the plan. I called the dental plan office and they said to use a different plan name. I tried that and the oral surgeon's office still had never heard of it. I ended up paying over $2, 000 for my daughter's surgery. Then when I complained to the dental plan office they said it was too late to get my money back.

• Pa
    Pasfou Mar 27, 2012

It is strange how comments about dentalplans.com that are positive and appear on deifferents review websites are just copied and pasted and have different names of senders although the text is identical... Seems like people are paid to submit good reviews in different places...

• De
    DentalPlans.com, Inc. Dec 29, 2009

Hello DentalPlans.com Member,

We are sorry to hear about your unsatisfactory experience. As noted in our Member’s Agreement, renewals are processed two to three weeks prior to expiration date to avoid lapse in coverage. To ensure that members do not loose membership days due to the renewal process, DentalPlans.com adds these days to the member’s renewed order.

Please call us toll free at [protected], Monday through Friday from 8 am – 5 pm CST, so that we can help you with any membership questions.

We have been dedicated to helping our members save money on their dental care since 1999, and we would love to do the same for you. Please give us a call at [protected].

We look forward to your giving us another opportunity to better serve you.

The DentalPlans.com Member Services Department

• Al
    Alison Moore Smith May 11, 2009

We first purchased a Aetna Dental from DentalPlans.com on May 23, 2006. This plan was ERRONEOUSLY renewed on May 11, 2008—TWELVE DAYS BEFORE IT EXPIRED.

I informed DentalPlans.com and was told it was corrected.

The next year, you renewed our plan on May 6, 2008—SEVENTEEN DAYS BEFORE IT EXPIRED.

I informed DentalPlans.com and was told it was corrected.

This year, once again, you are trying to cheat us out of seventeen days of coverage. I also note that you attempted to charge my credit card well in advance of the fraudulent due date as well.

In spite of repeated requests, this has not been resolved. Very dishonest company.

• Ji
    jiqiwa Feb 07, 2009

I bought GE Wellness dental plan a year and half ago, never used its benefit. The plan is renewed every six months. Last September we renewed the plan, shortly after, she got her dental insurance coverage thru employment

When we tried to cancel the plan, they told us all they could do is not to renew the plan when it expires six months later. We argued that it's not fair for us to pay a service that we'll never use. They give us no response.

Beware before you buy or renew.