Decode Car Hirenot delivering payed service

Find Decode Car Hire on the internet. They offered the best rate for a 2 weeks car hire at the Malaga airport, Payed the invoice. After not getting a conformation I finally find out thet they could not deliver the hired car. Did speak to them on phone and mail in order to get my paid money back. Filled in the necessary form Decode mailed me. Spoke again several time by phone with them. Last contact was Friday 25-09-2009. Promished me by phone to pay the money back next week. Went for 2 weeks on holidays, after returning no refund.
They don't answer the phone any more and I don't get any replies om my mails.
I think the Decode Car Hire is just an other SCAM company.

MANUEL RAMOS Oct 20, 2009

Hello there exactly same situation booked for a car in Dublin 1st september 2009, they told no car avalable by email ...2 months later still waiting for refund of 117.08 euros cause i paid by bank transfer cause it was less expensive...does anyone how to help me ???

• Al
    ALISON BERRY Oct 29, 2009

I booked a car with decode car hire 1st september for 12th november in Limoges France. Payment was taken from my credit card on 2nd september. Over SEVEN WEEKS LATER i was told they could not supply with a car. I have emailed direct to them 3 times and their complaint department twice asking for my money to be refunded. So far no replys. Is DECODE CAR HIRE A SCAM.!!! wHAT CAN BE DONE. i HAVE REPORTED THEM TO MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY.

• Li
    Linkamm Susan Nov 10, 2009

Last summer I had expierence similar as Manuel ramos, Alison Berry. I did not get any responce from car hire company- actually they were brokerage company. I complained to European consumer centre (ECC). They told me, it is my fault- i ddin't read carefully terms and conditions. What I got from ECC are some suggestions to save my time in future. When I look to Decode website- they are brokerage company as well. The problem is alll brokerage companies- they deal with car hire partners. I guess some times they cannot deal- so where we got all start of our problems. At leat they have car hire partner logos, when i reserved car, I was thinking I deal withdirect company- only later realised it was agency based brokerage company.
    What I can suggest - DO NOT deal with brokerage companies, If you do not see car hire supplier. Ask any contract they have.

• Al
    AlanJones10 Nov 20, 2009

DECODE CAR HIRE A SCAM
    Went to Decode Car Hire office, they just have a postal address No office No people.
    Went to get my money back but had no luck. Had to contact Trading Standards.

maxam Jan 26, 2010

Same experience here. Hired a car for a week at Reus-airport and paid by Visa. Upon arrival the carrental company told me they had problems with Decode and I had to pay again.
    Upon return I found out that Decode had charged my creditcard and I had the money stornated. And now - 3 months later - I have to prove Visa that I did pay twice. Hope I still got all the papers somewhere. Both paymanets are acually on the same monthly list from VISA. The Decode carhire-website has an UK extension but payment goes to one of the Baltic countries. That is allready not very trustworthy I think.
    So, my advice: KEEP AWAY FROM DECODE

Johnny G Star Jun 01, 2010

Looks like iv been scamed too! As above took my money ect ect ect., Still not refunded any monies and now 3 months later no further on! Going to contact Trading Standards... DECODE, BAD, BAD COMPANY!!! DO NOT USE!

malcolm kersley Jun 07, 2010

having same problem cant get my money back natwest card company dont want to know, just as bad as car company, this has been going on for 6 month still no end in sight
    malcolm kersley

• To
    Tony Hulbert Aug 25, 2010

I` m in the same boat - no refund, constant excuses

Anthony Goddard Sep 14, 2010

Why have I been charged twice for my car hire on the 9th August 2010 once by you and then be Marbenjo this mouth.

A.J Goddard

• De
    Deak Oct 04, 2010

Same happend to me in Sept. Booked a car with rate lounge, same company as decode, suncar, cartrawler and probally more. Paid for the car in advance. About 3 weeks before I was to pick up the car I recieved a mail from suncar saying the payment system had changed and that only the deposit was paid and the rest would be refunded. This was in July 2010. It is now October and after many mails, online chats and telephone talks I am still waiting. It is not very likely that I will seemy money again and what is even more frustrating is that even with all the complaints made by me and many more people to all the relavant areas to complain to this company is still trading. What can be done to get this company shut down an punished for the misery it has caused to so many people.

cherryvale Oct 06, 2010

I booked a car with Decode on September 6th 2010 online.They took full payment from my credit card, and then emailed me to say that no car was available.
    They then said they would refund me, but could not refund on my credit card so asked for bank account details.(Uh oh!)
    Luckily I used a bank account I have with no money in it, otherwise I am sure that they would have emptied it!
    Needless to say, I have not received any refund, and all my emails are ignored.
    I am a UK citizen, but currently live in Canada.Anyone advise me how I can report this company to trading standards (etc.) from here.

DECODE ARE A SCAM COMPANY!!

Douglas Crew Oct 07, 2010

When will the authorities take legal action against this Compant? I'm just one of many people who have been ripped off by this company!!

• Ro
    Roland Poetscher Oct 14, 2010

I was on holiday in Malta last week and booked a rental car for 8 days via Decode Car Rental. At Malta Airport there was no car and I called PRINCESS CAR HIRE specified as Decode's partner in the contract. I paid 100, 55 EUR to Decode by credit card.
    But Princess Car Hire did not know anything about my reservation and explained that this is SCAM BY DECODE - and very well known (even police is informed and several people have been betrayed so far)!
    So I am another proven example for this scam ...
    Roland Poetscher from Vienna/Austria

• Mi
    mickeyrooney1000 Oct 15, 2010

I assumed DECODE would pay Alamo and take a commission...But no!

THIS E-MAIL (BELOW) IS FROM DECODE CAR HIRE:

YOUR CREDIT CARD PROVIDER IS YOUR ONLY AVENUE"!!!

DECODE is a latvian company!! Yes Latvian... WIth an office on London.

Searching thru hundreds on threads of complaints i found a number for [email protected]
    who is a manager in Decode +37 [protected] (latvia) . I rang it getting through to a Michael Ribzamen.

This guy answered saying he was in Latvia and very bluntly asked if i wanted my money back!!!
    I said yes of course why else would i call?!

He said to send him an e-mail with my reservation / confirmation number so i did. Within15mins... YES 15 mins, i had a reply from him on my email saying decode would be in touch with me. Literally 5 minutes later i had an e-mail from DECODE saying the following:

Dear Client,

Accept our apologies for the delay of our reply.
    We have been encountering problems with our system management, that have partly blocked our ability to provide prompt refunds.
    In order to receive a refund in the given situation of shortcomings regarding payment types, please contact the Bank or Credit Card company operating your remittances.
    By making an application of reclamation on the given amount charged by our company, it can be pulled back to your account, which as a reclamation will be accepted from our side.
    The given process will include time consumption from your side, but it’s the most effective way to provide that the refund will take place in the nearest future.
    Best regards,

Phone: +[protected]
    Fax: +[protected]
    E-mail: [email protected]
    www.decodecarhire.co.uk

My credit card provieder called me and within a few hours i had my money back!!

• Da
    david genner Oct 20, 2010

we went on holiday to Faro Airport in Portugal, we paid you to hire a car in May, however when we got to the airport(Faro) AirAuto who Decode were ment to be paying said to us that you have not been paying them so our booking was no good, and had to pay again, tried ringing decode, but no answer????? Air Auto was the local office and they told us to contact you on return for a refund??? Contacted Decode when we got back and they said they would refund as we showed them the receipt to show we had paid again and they said I would have a full refund, waited 28 days as noted still no refund!!! Still awaiting refund. on website number to call has gone and online web cate has gone!!!. They owe us £198

• Wa
    Walks Nov 10, 2010

Went on Holiday to the Algarve, 5 days before they changed there terms and conditions so we had to pay for the car on collection (twice the price quoted)
    Sent many emails and one telephone conversation as they do not pick up any calls or now even reply to emails and guess what still no refund.
    What they did do is for my personal banking details!!! to send the refund.
    I have now reported them to the credit cards services for fraudulant trading.
    Please keep away from them
    PS they have a sister company called Sun Car Hire

Douglas Crew Nov 10, 2010

Letters to the address shown are returned marked 'GONE AWAY'.

Douglas Crew Nov 10, 2010

Mail sent to the company address is returned marked 'GONE AWAY'

• Hm
    Hmilligan Feb 01, 2011

Hired a car for 2 weeks at alicante last sep with suncar who are now decode car hire, same thing happend to me had to pay again on arivval as decode had not paid the spanish rental co ( rentagain.com )however after months of emails and attempted phone calls to no avail I got my bank onto it (HBOS master card)had to provide the story and all receipts invoved, they wont do this at the drop of a hat however they did eventually get my money back .However they are still at it as I have just found out as i have a car to pick up tomorrow Wed 2 Feb the problems start again as the hire company in Spain more or less directed me to this site, they will however honour my booking providing I pay again.

• Cp
    cpennycook Mar 14, 2011

I am still waiting for refund since august 1010. Did you solve your issue?