Daytime Domestic Servicesbe aware of this company's business practices!

Daytime Domestic Services
www.daytime.on.ca

DAYTIME DOMESTIC THREATENED TO PUT A LEAN ON MY HOUSE THE DAY AFTER I RECEIVED THEIR BILL!!

BE AWARE OF THIS COMPANY'S BUSINESS PRACTICES. THIS REALLY HAPPENED. I HAVE DOCUMENTED ALL E-MAILS AS PROOF.

I hired Daytime Domestic Cleaning Services in London, Ontario to clean my house. I was contacted by JoAnne Goodwin Dilts the next day and she asked me if she could come by my house or work (??) to pick up the payment. I asked her to please send me an invoice first as I had not received anything in writing stating how much I owed.

2 days later I received an invoice for payment. I called JoAnne Goodwin Dilts immediately to arrange for payment. I was planning on paying by Visa but was told she did not accept VISA, and in fact the company had no credit card services. I informed JoAnne that I would have the previous owners of my house pay her directly as they had agreed to pay to have the house cleaned. I informed her that I had already faxed the invoice she had sent me to my lawyer and he had already faxed the invoice to the previous owner's lawyer already and that the previous owners were expecting to receive this bill.

Later that day JoAnne left a message at my work, she in fact, phoned me 8-9 times between 3pm-4pm. I had left my office early due to an appointment, but was told this by my fellow workers. So the next morning (the DAY AFTER I RECEIVED THE INVOICE and had already faxed the invoice to my lawyer) I received JoAnne's message on my voicemail at work. It stated that she did not feel comfortable waiting for payment from the previous owners and she wanted me to pay her directly. I had informed JoAnne that she would be paid. Then I receive this message ' ok fine'. ??? I had no problem paying her directly, it just would have been easier for me to have the previous owners pay her directly.

So, I was in meetings all morning, I planned on calling her on my lunch. At approx. 11:25am, I received an email from a COLLECTION AGENT stating Daytime Domestics Services had sent my account to collections for non-payment of my bill. The SAME BILL I HAD RECEIVED not 24 hours earlier. Instead of speaking with me, Joanne ASSUMED I would not pay and jumped to conclusions and sent my account to a collection agent. There was never a time when she was told she wouldn't be paid. ????? I called the collection agent immediately because I thought there had been a mistake. It had been 24 HOURS SINCE I RECEIVED THE BILL!!! He said they would put a LEAN on MY HOUSE if I didn't pay. I repeatedly told him, I never had ANY intention of not paying??? What was going on??? I've never had any dealings with collection agents in my entire life and I couldn't believe I had been sent to collections after receiving an invoice not even 24 hours earlier. I asked him if he had expected me to take time off work on the day I received the invoice and drive to the bank and then drive to this company to drop off payment??? I have never encountered anything so outrageous in my life. I have since found out that the Collection Agent is the owner's husband, Bob Dilts. He is a real estate agent and used his access privileges to find out all sorts of details regarding the sale of my house. This is my private information. He sent me several emails which included private details about the sale of my own home. This scared me. I have been in contact with the Real Estate Council of Ontario for this apparent abuse of privilege. He mentions he looked up the "sales data" on my house in one of his emails to me. I don't believe this is appropriate ethical business practice and I will be filing a complaint if this information is not public record.

My complaint against Daytime Domestic Services is due to their inappropriate and unprofessional business practices. I feel that I have been harassed by this company and I feel they have subjected me to unnecessary stress and they have scared me. I had every intention of paying this bill and I repeatedly informed both Joanne and her collection agent husband Bob. Non-payment was never an issue and yet I was threatened with a lean on my house. I can understand if I had not paid my bill after a week or more, but to be sent to collections AND BE THREATENED WITH A LEAN after ONE DAY....this is outrageous.

I have since filed complaints with the Consumer Services Bureau of Ontario and with the Better Business Bureau due to inappropriate and unprofessional practices by Daytime Domestic Cleaning Services.

Due to my personal experience with this company I would NEVER recommend Daytime Domestic to anyone.

JOGW Oct 29, 2010

THE OTHER SIDE OF THE STORY!

Daytime Domestic Services has been cleaning homes for over 35 years.

Our policy, when cleaning VACANT homes for NEW clients with unestablished credit with us is COD. (cash on delivery)

When we booked the clean, we advised this new client that our staff would pick up a cheque or cash upon completion.

In the above complaint, please note that there was NO complaint about the quality of work. The complaintant acknowledged that she did not leave cash or cheque as agreed.

She refused to return 7 or 8 phone calls! Then she suggested that "it would be easier if the PREVIOUS home owner paid!" The complaintant is the new home owner not the seller... (who had nothing to do with this transaction! Whoever books the clean pays for the clean)

After 2 days of excuses we did indeed threaten legal action...WE FINALLY GOT PAID!!

Fortunatly we have thousands of clients, unlike Ms. Kudzman, who pay as agreed.

This is our first complaint in 35 years.

Sincerely;

JoAnne

• Cd
    cdh37 Dec 27, 2010

Do not be fooled by this company. It's very disorganized and I assure you it has more than ONE complaint over the last 36 years of business. I've been approached by many people the past few days with complaints about this company. Last minute cancellations with no back up plan, charging clients fees (HST, ect) for the company canceling on them! Ridiculous. Not to mention the company has been known to loose paperwork of cash payments. They even go so far as to harass clients with accusing phone calls stating they owe money when clearly the clients don't.
    So in the end I've heard good things about the companies cleaning persons but horrible things about their 'office staff' and 'billing department'.
    I will stand by my conclusion, if you don't mind a headache when it comes to billing/last minute cancellations then the company is fine to use, but after much research I know I will not t be going with them.

JOGW Jul 16, 2015

As the complainer states, the cleaning staff is fine. The only issue she has is that we like to be paid, most do, and she refused to pay us until we were left no option but to threaten legal action. Fortunately for us, unlike this client, most pay as agreed.

• Mo
    Morgan hands Sep 06, 2016

I agree with OP. Daytime domestic is such a terrible company. Bob dilts, debt collector at daytime domestic is a horrible person. He threats to contact your employers and friends around you for the bills that don't even belong to you, which clearly violates with consumer protection act. I have filed complaints at BBB for their unethical business practice as well.

• Mo
    Morgan hands Sep 06, 2016

Bob called my wife at 3 am in the morning, and threats to call ganks to my home if the bill is not paid

• Da
    Daytime Domestic Battery Sep 08, 2016

Very similar situation happened to me!! STAY AWARE FROM THIS BUSINESS!! Quality of work was AWFUL because less than half of the job we were quoted for was finish to an extent that we felt cheated. All employees we dealt with: cleaning lady. business owner and problem resolution coordinator were extremely aggressive, hostile and threatened us with physical violence (ironically physical violence was threatened by the problem resolution coordinator - solid problem solving skills). In conclusion, this company is a SCAM and UNPROFESSIONAL as well as seems slightly unhinged and by slightly we mean they are psychotic. STAY AWAY IF YOU VALUE YOUR MENTAL AND PHYSICAL HEALTH! Cleaning your own bathroom would cause less pain and stress than hiring this company will.

• Ex
    ex-customer25 Sep 15, 2016

Same deal here. They did a substandard cleaning job and we asked them to come back and correct the issues. They then sent us a second bill for correcting what they screwed up in the first place. Now i'm getting nasty emails from them threatening legal action (this is over $80). Stay away from this company. In my opinion not only is their service poor, their dispute resolution process consists of threatening emails.

RESOLVED

Resolved.

bob dilts Oct 30, 2016

This is Bob Dilts writing re above posts from "ex-customer25", "Daytime Domestic Battery" and "Morgan hands". Please note that none of these posters are looking for resolutions as they all are lying and hiding behind fake names, unlike this writer. If any of you lying cowards would state your name and address I would be happy to respond to your specific issues and btw, I don't call people at 3 am! Identify yourselves or delete your lies! Oh, and one more thing, "ex-cutomer25", yes I will take legal action for your unpaid account of $80.

bob dilts Oct 31, 2016

This is Bob Dilts again with an update. I have reviewed the "problem client" file which is very small and am certain I know who these posters are as I have only had 2 issues of late and both in Sept, when these posts were published. In fairness, I have sent each of these posters a request to identify themselves but none have replied. One more chance folks, delete the lies before I tell this world my side of the story and name names as you have chosen to do while hiding behind aliases. And just one more thing readers, Morgan hands is the tenant, Daytime Domestic Battery is the landlord, same house, same job. They expected us to clean an entire house which was deplorable in only 3 hours, impossible!

• Lo
    Loutwo Dec 21, 2016

Do not hire this company

It would be difficult to find a lower rung on the ladder of success than the one on which you’ll find daytime domestic services.

This company, run by a failed real estate agent named bob dilts, is quite possibly the worst choice you could ever make in a cleaning service.

This petty, childish, nasty little man with an obvious god complex, who runs his business like a pedophile, ensnaring unsuspecting people in a web of lies and promises, then shaming, scaring and threatening them with the long arm of the legal eagle (his alter ego), if they complain after the job is done.

This guy is a piece of work, here are some excerpts from other unhappy customers who all felt molested by this man’s practices.

Do not be fooled by this company. it's very disorganized and I assure you it has more than one complaint over the last 36 years of business. i've been approached by many people the past few days with complaints about this company. last minute cancellations with no back up plan, charging clients fees (hst, ect) for the company canceling on them! ridiculous. not to mention the company has been known to loose paperwork of cash payments. they even go so far as to harass clients with accusing phone calls stating they owe money when clearly the clients don't.

~

Very similar situation happened to me!! stay aware from this business!! quality of work was awful because less than half of the job we were quoted for was finish to an extent that we felt cheated. all employees we dealt with: cleaning lady. business owner and problem resolution coordinator were extremely aggressive, hostile and threatened us with physical violence (ironically physical violence was threatened by the problem resolution coordinator - solid problem solving skills).in conclusion, this company is a scam and unprofessional as well as seems slightly unhinged and by slightly we mean they are psychotic. stay away if you value your mental and physical health! cleaning your own bathroom would cause less pain and stress than hiring this company will.

~

Same deal here. they did a substandard cleaning job and we asked them to come back and correct the issues. they then sent us a second bill for correcting what they screwed up in the first place. now i'm getting nasty emails from them threatening legal action (this is over $80). stay away from this company.in my opinion not only is their service poor, their dispute resolution process consists of threatening emails.

Daytime domestic services
    Daytime domestic services contacts & information
    Posted:

valerie

Be aware of this company's business practices!
    Complaint rating:

Daytime domestic services
    Www.daytime.on.ca

Daytime domestic threatened to put a lean on my house the day after I received their bill!!

Be aware of this company's business practices. this really happened. I have documented all e-mails as proof.

I hired daytime domestic cleaning services in london, ontario to clean my house. I was contacted by joanne goodwin dilts the next day and she asked me if she could come by my house or work (??) to pick up the payment. I asked her to please send me an invoice first as I had not received anything in writing stating how much I owed.

2 days later I received an invoice for payment. I called joanne goodwin dilts immediately to arrange for payment. I was planning on paying by visa but was told she did not accept visa, and in fact the company had no credit card services. I informed joanne that I would have the previous owners of my house pay her directly as they had agreed to pay to have the house cleaned. I informed her that I had already faxed the invoice she had sent me to my lawyer and he had already faxed the invoice to the previous owner's lawyer already and that the previous owners were expecting to receive this bill.

Later that day joanne left a message at my work, she in fact, phoned me 8-9 times between 3pm-4pm. I had left my office early due to an appointment, but was told this by my fellow workers. so the next morning (the day after I received the invoice and had already faxed the invoice to my lawyer) I received joanne's message on my voicemail at work. it stated that she did not feel comfortable waiting for payment from the previous owners and she wanted me to pay her directly. I had informed joanne that she would be paid. then I receive this message ' ok fine'.??? I had no problem paying her directly, it just would have been easier for me to have the previous owners pay her directly.

So, I was in meetings all morning, I planned on calling her on my lunch. at approx. 11:25am, I received an email from a collection agent stating daytime domestics services had sent my account to collections for non-payment of my bill. the same bill I had received not 24 hours earlier. instead of speaking with me, joanne assumed I would not pay and jumped to conclusions and sent my account to a collection agent. there was never a time when she was told she wouldn't be paid.??? I called the collection agent immediately because I thought there had been a mistake. it had been 24 hours since I received the bill!!! he said they would put a lean on my house if I didn't pay. I repeatedly told him, I never had any intention of not paying??? what was going on??? i've never had any dealings with collection agents in my entire life and I couldn't believe I had been sent to collections after receiving an invoice not even 24 hours earlier. I asked him if he had expected me to take time off work on the day I received the invoice and drive to the bank and then drive to this company to drop off payment??? I have never encountered anything so outrageous in my life. I have since found out that the collection agent is the owner's husband, bob dilts. he is a real estate agent and used his access privileges to find out all sorts of details regarding the sale of my house. this is my private information. he sent me several emails which included private details about the sale of my own home. this scared me. I have been in contact with the real estate council of ontario for this apparent abuse of privilege. he mentions he looked up the "sales data" on my house in one of his emails to me. I don't believe this is appropriate ethical business practice and I will be filing a complaint if this information is not public record.

My complaint against daytime domestic services is due to their inappropriate and unprofessional business practices. I feel that I have been harassed by this company and I feel they have subjected me to unnecessary stress and they have scared me. I had every intention of paying this bill and I repeatedly informed both joanne and her collection agent husband bob. non-payment was never an issue and yet I was threatened with a lean on my house. I can understand if I had not paid my bill after a week or more, but to be sent to collections and be threatened with a lean after one day... this is outrageous.

I have since filed complaints with the consumer services bureau of ontario and with the better business bureau due to inappropriate and unprofessional practices by daytime domestic cleaning services.

Due to my personal experience with this company I would never recommend daytime domestic to anyone.

bob dilts Dec 22, 2016

@Loutwo Bob Dilts here. Not afraid to stand up and be counted. Unlike my latest 'pal' Loutwo, aka Henry Rorke...no such names in our client data file. Not a surprise. Anyone can post anything on this website and remain anonymous. The site is home based in Latvia and does not care about people being libeled and the poster can do it w/o fear of retribution. Welcome to business in 2016. Fortunately, most are not like this select crew and hence we enjoy a 4.6 star rating on Google with 61 of 64 posts rating us with 4 and 5 stars. Hey, Loutwo or Henry Rorke, identify yourself for the readers! Yeah, I didn't think you would either. Go figure folks!

bob dilts Dec 22, 2016

@bob dilts and a 4.8 star rating on Yellow Pages. Thanks happy clients! Appreciated.
    Bob Dilts

• Lo
    Loutwo Dec 22, 2016

Worst company you could ever choose. The work is shoddy, the workers are nasty and the owner is just the most underhanded piece of garbage you could ever hope not to meet. Stay clear of these rip-off artists.

bob dilts Dec 22, 2016

@Loutwo hey Loutwo, I invited you to come and identify yourself. You have absolutely no credibility until you do. You are a coward.

@bob dilts and a loser2

bob dilts Dec 22, 2016

@bob dilts hey loser, ready to come out yet? or would you prefer to hide in anonymity?
    who are you? balls or no balls? I have some, do you?

bob dilts Dec 22, 2016

@bob dilts just as I thought folks, some no mind anonymous loser posting BS from cyber space with out the guts to say who he/she is. Get a life loser, I have one! A good one.

• Pv
    PVK65 Jun 15, 2017

Bob dilts called me numerous nights at 2am. He has odd obsessions about being "wronged" by people and will continue calling you for months and months. Call any other cleaning company instead. You will be harassed by this guy over nothing like we were. Clearly has psychological issues. He thinks everyone is out to get him. Very sad. Him and his wife Joanne also tried to make us look bad by telling everyone we wouldn't pay our bill, WE were deadbeats, losers, etc. They were completely innocent and we were trying to scam them a whole $65 since we didn't pay them The Day we received the invoice. lol Simply reading his own comments here makes it pretty clear how sick in the head this man is. Funny how so many people here had the exact same encounter with this company, yet we are all the losers, people who wouldn't pay them, who all deserved to be threatened with leans on our homes...lol Ya right!

• Ne
    Neilly Macoben Oct 28, 2019

I allege that a person with the same name was known as a rapist in the 1960s and 1970s. He was aggressive and a bully with women and his actions reflected the EXACT SAME TYPE of physical, sexual aggression as described in the complaints against Jian Ghomeshi. There are other Ghomeshis here in Southern Ontario and he is just one of them. He would threaten, pull hair, slap, shove, grab, tear, rip, yank, choke until he got his way or you fought him off. It is not surprising to read that this person is seen in a bad light; it describes his basic character perfectly. He wouldn't be any different as a "business" person. Scum.