Menu
Home Other Davison Design & Development Scam - rip off - don't be a victim

Davison Design & Development review: Scam - rip off - don't be a victim

Author of the complaint
3:19 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Replied
The company left an official comment on this complaint.
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

For anyone who has been taken by Davison since the 2008 lawsuit settlement, please join the davisonisgoingdown group and invite anybody you know who has been victimized by this company. We need to come together so we can start a new class action lawsuit. Please share your story here and stay tuned for more details as I figure out how to move forward.

Here is my story:

I hired Davison who is an inventor promotional firm to help me bring my idea from conception to market. I have paid excess of $9000 in July 2009 and was last contacted by my representative Michael Grando in March 2010. At that time, I was told my actual product sample had been manufactured and was in QA and I would have a provisional patent application within 2 weeks. I never heard back from Grando and began calling leaving voicemails and sending emails. Finally I spoke to the receptionist who advised Grando was on medical leave and Gary Humes was handling my design. I began leaving Humes numerous voicemails and have also left voicemails with the Vice President and still have not received a response regarding my inquiries on my product.

Since my concerns, I have learned Davison had been sued by the FTC for practices that are still being used today in which I am a victim of. For example, I was told they had great contacts with companies, more specifically, Cuisinart with which they would be presenting my design to. I am learning that they do not have solid standing here. When I told them I had another company in mind I was told that they were the experts in this area and had done all of the preliminary research to target this company. I even asked who their contact with Cuisinart was and was told that it was a confidentiality matter and could not be shared with me. I was also told that very few people's ideas were accepted by Davison as they were selective on the applicants received but mine was being accepted for further development.

DON'T TRUST DAVISON THEY WILL GET YOUR MONEY AND NEVER CALL BACK!

Update by NEVERDAVISON
Jul 22, 2010 3:22 pm EDT

Join this group if you have been scammed by Davison since the 2008 settlement.

More Davison Design & Development complaints & reviews

Davison Design & Development - they almost got me for $695.00
Davison Design & Development - fraud
Davison Design & Development - we were trained to rip you off
Davison Design & Development - ripoff company
Replied
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Davison Design & Development - we were trained to rip you off
Davison Design & Development - feeling scamed
Replied
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
142 comments
Aug 03, 2022 8:57 pm EDT

I just recently signed a contract thank God they only got $25 on the deposit with my cash app card because I was afraid it might be a scam I wasn't aware of everything until today when my daughter actually did the research when I sent her the information comes to find out that they are scams so does that mean that they stole my design and no longer need me for my invention how do I make sure that they can't use my invention and cancel me out I would love to be a part of the lawsuit and the $25 that I put down for deposit was actually today I have another phone interview meeting Friday at 6:30 p.m. I thought it might be legit because of the emails with Steve Harvey and the online shopping center shows that I watched in the news where they were on the news I guess they really fooled me I feel so stupid now

Jul 25, 2022 2:15 am EDT

It's not slander or defamation of character if it is in fact true. You should probably read up on your laws company D! This company thinks they are so cute because they know words like defamation and slander. Lol Absolutely outstanding. So you picked up some new words from your last lawsuit. It only works when you use those words correctly in a sentence. If a statement is true then it's not defamation of character or slander. You just want it to be because you don't want people to know the truth. Here's another amazing fun fact... the first amendment, I'm sure you've heard of it. This amendment protects freedom of expression. If that doesn't say enough here's another one. Try the consumer review fairness act. Plenty to go around. Have a fun time fighting around the 1st amendment and laws like the consumer reviews fairness act. Your company steals and it can be proven. Nobody is slandering you or hurting your name. You did that all by yourself! That too is proven!

K
Jul 13, 2022 4:36 pm EDT

Where is your group located and how many people do you have that are willing to file a formal complaint.

Aug 05, 2022 9:42 pm EDT
Replying to comment of Kay Myles

I have a case I would like to add to any class action lawsuit. I actually have them recorded telling me lies and misleading me. Now they want me to sign a contract that says all previous conversations are null and void. They've given me a deadline and telling me they're taking my idea if I dont pay $30,000. Any body out there please contact me at [email protected] for further information or case collaboration. Thank you.

I
Aug 06, 2022 6:11 pm EDT
Replying to comment of Ms. Donato

My phone number is landline only [protected]! Davison design and development is illegal as there is for business, they can not cancel your contract and everything stays open, I have over 200+ inventions filed there and they play off demonic transgressions inflicting one customer to the next and pay internet data base people off to illegally trac cells and lines and pivot contracts on customers and more. If you want you can call me and take em down together eventually. I have much bigger inventions not filed with Davison design and development do not sign anything. To cancel contract unless they refund which they won't they are your [censored]es and checked they can never close your file unless they refund! And they won't they make up one lie after another! They canceled on me for saying I was talking to an IRS attorneys and agents, when they said I will soon have a check being issued sing I paid up for prog development. They are very dishonest and refuse anything with me. I'm inventor of bigger inventions then Davison design and development has on file. I invent space engine out does Elon musk and nasa I am filed with police and the USA Senate pentagon is even knowing I'm inventor of the space engine. It will be future space exploration! It never has to refuel runs off electricity and can hover in any ozone layer and travel faster then speed of light in outer space. Davison design and development belongs there employees behind bars. Do not sign call me [protected]!

May 21, 2022 12:55 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

i would like to get part of the lawsuit

Apr 28, 2022 9:29 pm EDT

why don't any of you post a video on YouTube about your experience and proof?

I believe that would help others alot.

I've saved all my messages and recordings and emails. I plan on doing a honest review of my experience with davison.

"Expectations vs reality of Davison inventions"

Will be the name of video on YouTube.

I've been waiting a year for prototype. I called today trying to get a new "project manager" and it was finished lol. no new "project manager "

I received email with pictures of an unfinished prototype. the prototype looks bootlegged.

pictures will be in the video when the time is right.

I'm a Army Veteran and Amazon employee trying to make something good happen.

the world will soon see the outcome with every bit of documentation I've collected over time. weather it's good or bad will be for the world to see and decide. my video will settle if they are legit or not.

hope to see others posting videos, especially of what you wanted and what you got lol.

You will see what $12,000 gets you.

remember (Expectations vs Reality of Davison inventions)

I hope everything works out for me. we'll see.

peace my ninjas!

Apr 26, 2022 9:12 am EDT

Davison got me for over 22 or 23 thousand dollars. I was defrauded and I want my money back it’s been I think since 2015 or 2016 since I’ve ask them for help and they took my money. I have proof of my doc and the things they sent me which shows I’ve been scammed if there is a class action suit I would like to join. I don’t think people show be taking advantage of like this… please help

Apr 21, 2022 7:18 am EDT

I have also been a victim of Davison for that initial "pre-development" (I think that is what they call it) fee. My email address is [email protected], Please, kindly notify me if there is an official lawsuit against them. I was even thinking of going with a private lawsuit, but it would require an immense amount of financial resources from my side. I even tried PayPal's refund (buyer's protection) program to get my refund, but PayPal did not help me with the decision as they declined to refund.

Mar 15, 2022 4:52 pm EDT

Please add me in too for action lawsuit. My email is [email protected]

Dec 23, 2021 2:10 am EST

My name is Floyd Williams, I too have been a victim of this fraud company. I realized it recently. 9, 000 in. These guys need to be stopped.

Dec 06, 2021 12:41 pm EST

Is there an legal action against Davison? If so, count me in.

U
Dec 05, 2021 1:28 pm EST

I am also victim of Davidson after the initial 695.00 to research my idea. They sold us on the idea of the greatest invention co. Sending us videos of other inventions and how they were manufactured in there place and advertised. Also we were suppose to be able to go to invent land. We payed fast and got our invention underway...15, 000.00. They said they had 47 companies they would promote our product to. They have yet to even make a prototype of our design and send us one. Which we were told would happen. And they have not even sent it out on emails to all the companies. We would be happy to just get our 15, 000.00 back! My email is [email protected] there is also more to my story. We were even sent another inventors papers for his patent number. I was told to destroy them but I did not I have all his product info dimensions, his name address, etc. I keep it all just incase this was too happen. This company needs to be brought to justice again. Give us all our money back!

Dec 04, 2021 10:29 am EST

I too was scammed by Davidson design in 2016 when I started my so called evention my mentor was Shawn Jones. I emptied my entire savings account over $20000 to receive a prototype of a product that didn't even fit the description of my invention. I was told that they had to run this when 1st then they would change it of course for a fee the story is so long I went in on the class action suit I want all of my money back and then some as I have fallen sick during this time out of work and have nothing to fall back on because they have all my money. I'm devastated and sickened by this company and that they continue to do this to the vulnerable.

Oct 11, 2021 11:56 am EDT

how do i join this class action?
i paid them $10000 back in 2004 while serving as a soldier in the briish army. i was deplyoed to iraq at the time and could only communicate via email.
haven't heard anything from them except false promises.

Sep 16, 2021 2:53 pm EDT

same here they got me for $800. The worse part is that iv been in contact with this company since 2012. they knew my financial situation during the entire time. They knew my then 7 year old son did chores for people and earned over $200 to put toward the contract. They knew in 2015 that i had become homeless and still was saving the money for the contract. After saving for wat seemed for ever i finally had the $800 and signed the contract with Davison. Mind you id been in contact with Davison the entire 7 years of saving up so they were very well aware of my homelessness and my dedication to getting my invention in the stores. They knew the work that my young son was doing in order to help me. But it didn't stop them from getting my money have you ever had me sign a contract that later stated in order for me to get my invention done I would need $12, 000 more.

Nov 09, 2021 4:04 pm EST

They did the exact thing to me charging me 800 which I really didn't have but did it anyway. Then a year after telling me it would be another 12, 000. I've heard since that this company has been sued several times. How do we become apart of this kind of suit?

Jun 12, 2021 10:42 pm EDT

Omg! I'm in a contract with them right now and have just paid my first $100. What's my position here? What should I be doing next?

Feb 17, 2021 9:42 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I am a senior and I was scammed for over $8, 000 by Davidson. I have read all the comments and they are very similar to mine. Once you accost Davidson for your money back or for what they promised you they start refusing to accept your emails or your phone calls. They know that one person by themselves can't afford a lawyer but a class action would. I was thinking about getting a GoFundMe going to start a class action against Davison if anyone is interested in joining me I will leave my email address and you can contact me.
[email protected]

Hello my name is Patricia wolf I wanna join the class action lawsuit I was ripped off from this lying thieves about making a product and some bushy [censored] profiles that they send me which is almost 10 years old not even close to my design all they do is asking for more money and more money in return do not do a damm thing at all is all a BiG SCAM
I guarantee you this is not over this is the beginning I guarantee I’ll get my money back I won’t be today but I’ll get my money back even more I promise your [censored] on that. this is United States no one gets away with [censored]

Feb 17, 2021 8:22 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Patricia my name is Ruth... I have been scammed by Davison for $8, 000 I would love to join a class action I will give you my email address please get in touch with me. [email protected]

May 19, 2021 3:53 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Patricia.. please keep in contact with me because I am looking into getting a action going against Davidson my email address is [email protected] or [email protected]

O
Aug 14, 2021 4:20 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I also would join any action against Davidson's. Hopefully, I did not find this too late to be included. My invention has cost me $30, 000.00 US, and not only was my invention 'renamed, ' which took the use of the product away, it was redesigned to the extent that it does not resemble the product I recieved the patent for. The last straw was the $3000.00 they wanted for the price quote. According to my contract, they must recieve a signed revision from me to access the funds. They took the money. I have not recieved nor did I sign for tge price quote, they refused to return the money, and I do not have a price quote either. My calls and emails are not returned.. the very last time i spoke to any Davidsons representative, they suggested I was jumping ship, that this could be the turning point, ans wanted me to send them another one thousand dollars! I would sure like to get my money back. I have all the documents and each excuse from them as to why my invent ion has not been picked up, and how another couple thousand dollars would make my invention a success.

Nov 09, 2021 4:06 pm EST

I want in, they scammed me for $800. [email protected] please help me if you find a way to get into a class action suit

G
May 19, 2020 3:19 pm EDT

From what it sounds like with all these complaints, I'm hoping otherwise, but I may be the biggest sucker of all since I have "done" two projects with Davison in the last three years costing thousands of dollars...don't want to say exactly how much but enough for a pretty nice vehicle. I found Davison online and liked the all-in-one package they offered. I went ahead with my first idea...took about a year, did get a patent and, at that time, started the second project. In the meantime, my first idea was supposedly presented to many manufacturers but never "bought" by any of them so, just recently, I was contacted if I wanted to get 1000 of my product manufactured at my own expense which I agreed too (in the process of now); I found it odd that my price quote was the same as the example they had sent me of a different customer's price quote for a totally different product...I was getting a "deal" if I acted/paid now (maybe that wasn't even for actual manufacturing but for just finding a company to do so and then will asked to be charged again to do so?) Meanwhile, I was near the approval stage on my second project...lost track of it during the excitement of hoping someone would buy the first idea...and, after realizing that, it's been over a year with no info on that second project. I have emailed the (VP) person I had been working on for both projects now a few times, left a couple messages, texts, etc...no response from that person for over a month...that's what started to pique my suspicions. The person I am now talking to on the first project (since it is now in a different stage of their process) didn't seem too helpful when I mentioned a year has passed and asked if he could provide information on this second project and the person I was dealing with originally...he wanted to finish this original project up first. Dealing with this person now for a few weeks with no help on info for the second project has raised my suspicions now more (especially the price quote). For the kicker that seems to have clinched my suspicions, as I was reading through old complaints about this company, someone posted (2012?) they were complaining about something to the company president back then...which is the same person, it appears (at least same name) I am currently talking to but under a totally different (lesser job title). Warning bells anyone? Again...hoping I am wrong and if so will "recant" the complaint I posted here but I can tell you I am not "investing" another cent with Davison in the meantime for whatever they tell me is needed next. If my growing suspicions are correct, suggestions?

Mar 12, 2021 1:17 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Replying to comment of gresten

Please get in touch with me..I was scammed for$8000. [email protected]

Apr 22, 2019 1:01 pm EDT

Dear Mr. Davison, first let me introduce myself, my name is Tom Johnson, you've probably never heard of me as you don't keep in contact with the people you take advantage of, aka scamming, I am a veteran of almost 9 years service to this country and 4 non-combat tours in the middle east, I have been diagnosed with PTSD and have been on disability since 2005 and needless to say money was tight, then in 2015 I was diagnosed with cancer and had to go thru chemo and surgery, but then I saw one of your internet adds telling me if I had an idea that your company Davison Marketing and Design could help me get it on the market and I trusted you to do just that, I submitted a drawing of my idea and was told by your people that it was definitely doable, so with a dream in my heart and trust in your company I signed on with Davison in 2011 and the long nightmare began, I was told that I would have to pay upfront for an Integrated Product Rendering which would cost me $ 5850.00 which I had to make in payments of $100.00 a month, when that was paid I was told that an Inventomercial Presentation would really help my idea get out there, and it would cost me an additional $2495.00, still clinging to my dream I started making monthly payments again and maxed out my credit card, always being told that I would receive an update every month on the progress of my idea which continued for a time, then I was told that to bring "my idea" before a target company would cost me another $ 395.00 for each time you " presented as you put it" my idea to each company you approached, after you changed the name of my idea the payments continued, all total, I'm in the hole for close to $11'000 dollars, and as for the monthly updates I would get, those stopped once the payments stopped, after talking to a patent Attorney I learned that not only did most of the company's that you so called presented my idea to never heard of it, they also informed the Attorney that they do NOT deal with Davison because they know about your crooked company, and so Mr Davison I ask you this, how do you sleep at night? knowing that you take advantage of the less fortunate, of those who have served this Country to give you the opportunity to scam them and get rich, is your family proud of what you've become, now I've had to go to court to stop the credit card company { that I maxed out because of your lies } from getting a judgment against me, I'm having to work with a debt company to keep from going under and filling for bankruptcy, so enjoy your ill-gotten gains, Mr Davison, , ,

B
Apr 06, 2019 10:15 am EDT

I was also scammed by Davidson. I paid this so called company $695.00 to make my idea a reality and to help society. I started out feeling great knowing that my idea was coming to life, but I noticed that after I paid them they never contacted me back. Then after about 2-3 months later I get an email along with a call from Gary Defor, who is apparently the CEO of Davidson, to talk about my idea. He tells me that my idea is processing and that in about 2 weeks he will call me back. After about a little over a month, he calls me back and explains that my idea is still going through the process and that he can get back to me in about 2 weeks. So I started to do some digging on this company because it sounds really sketchy at this point and come to find out, this company is a scam and I just paid this company for nothing.

This company should be sued. I want my money back. I feel bad for all the consumers out there that paid more than what I paid. If I had not followed my gut and looked up this company I would have probably paid about same amount as everyone else. This company needs to be shutdown. They are processing a lot of money from tons people who just want their dreams to be a reality and make inventions to help society become a better place. All this company do, is feed on these people's hopes and dreams and put them into debt. We need to come together to destroy this company, get our money back, and stop other companies like this.
Its ashamed to see companies like this who prey on the week. I was a U.S. Marine and all I did was serve and protect our country, its despicable to see that there are people that I am giving my life to, who are willing to take advantage of other people with no conscience or remorse for the lives of whom they are affecting. In one of the stories above I read about a disable person who, had not been for their curiosity to research this company, would have given Davidson their money to produce a fake invention. All people want to do is make our country a better place and to have companies like this that just toys with these people is disgusting. This kind of stuff makes me sick.

I am praying that we take this company to court for all the evil they have committed.

Jul 17, 2018 10:42 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I was scammed as well, then my investors that paid Davison the money turned around and sued me. Now I am garnished $1000 a month out of my check! When I didn't receive a dime!

Mar 28, 2018 2:31 pm EDT

Yes they are a rip off and should be stopped and sued. Can do maybe two ways someone starts it and others join in or everyone can go to a district magnate in their area and for about $75 can sue them for tops of $8000
They have to respond with a lawyer at all locations and either settle or go to that location to defend themselves with a lawyer. That should tie him up for years and maybe bankrupt him.

Mar 14, 2018 2:08 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I had an idea and they said that I had to pay 750 to get it started and gave me spects and then said that I would have to pay 10000 dollars. I just ate the 750, but would love to get it back. Please let me know the email I can contact when this class action lawsuit occurs.

P
Feb 26, 2018 6:50 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I was also taken by Davison I paid the 795, feeling bad about it now, because I got my sister involved she's.my partner. I haven't told her its.a scam yet. My invention is going nowhere I am victim for sure, everytime I talk to this company its about money and more money. What can I do hire a lawyer start a class action suit, I want my money back these people should be stopped there should be a law against this. Please let me know about any lawsuit out there, I was never told about all the monies I had to spend or the success rate of getting my product to market, which is only 1% in a 1000. I can be contacted at [email protected] M. Miller

Jan 24, 2018 6:29 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I got scammed by Davison also. My rep was Ryan Matlock who is suppose to be head of new inventions but he doesn't know much. He gives you half baked responses or "I don't know" or simply does not reply to your questions. I am at the stage of getting my prototype made and all he did was put words in my mouth and ask for more money to make my invention after spending over 10k. I sent in a letter to George Davison and RYAN MATLOCK responded! I've since sent 2 emails stating that I will contact the Attorney General's office and the FTC and have had no response. I want all of my money from Davison and all of the people there can go to jail. The company should be put out of business for life!

C
Jan 20, 2018 9:35 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I contacted the FTC in early November of the last year 2017 and received a phone call back from the FTC with a tracking number. I did and speak with a supervisor with the FTC. I explained my situation and that why was I not included in the class action lawsuit against Davison in 2006? She told me that the monies were divided among the people in the lawsuit in 2006 and stated where was I and what was I doing at the time. I replied to her that I was homeless between 2005 and mid-2006 back and forth between friends and family, before then I did have my home and sacrificing my bills and paying late for making payments to Davison hoping, because I was told that a company was interested in my product and they had a meeting set up for me to attend to present my product which Never happened. Any way to make a long story short. The Supervisor told me the rest of the money was set aside in an account for 6 months to one year in case others came forward. No one else did and she cannot account for where the rest of the money is now because it has been so long ago. At this time I was frustrated! I was told, what they can do now is take my paperwork and information and add me to the next class action lawsuit. I was also given a reference number. If you were done dirty by Davison you better get in on this class action suit as well… Hope this information was of good help to you all. Please include and contact me in this class action lawsuit. My email is [email protected]

Jun 17, 2017 7:48 am EDT

I plan to do a documentary about the true shady practices of not just Davison Inventions but others as well. Davison I have a detail and audiovisual proof. I was contacted ny them in 2013 and passed on them. They reached out to me in 2015 asking me to invest in my great idea. And it still is a valuable tool ripe for today's world. Beforehand I had done 3D diagrams based on parts I found available in America. Working with people that I can trust is important and I tried trusting Davison Invention. That trust sent me on a trail through Inventionland where I've yet to met the man behind the curtain of Davison Inventions. But I was stood up after being blown off the day before, after repeated failures of media mailings. The tracking numbers given went somewhere else. The call to try and meet once again in order to sign off for pitch once again became a heartbreaking disappointment as I sat waiting in a public bar holding back tears. The emotional impact of our deal and the dynamics of what has been taken from me should be on record and reasoning for an oversight of Invention Help companies. #Digimykey is a device, App and mini links for emergency. It's very detailed and laid out. I was told time and time again since mid 2016 that the documents are ready but now I'm told that there are no such documents, there were no meeting set-up, there's nothing more than their contracts.. oh and the person I was dealing with for the past few years is no longer working there. Of course this is found out by myself due to the vanishing of our Chicago engagement. So tell me how does one not feel they are trapped behind the wall looking in while our ideas are being stripped? I am ready to lead the charge to make them work for us instead of jerking us around.

Nov 07, 2017 12:11 am EST

Michael E. Wolfe
Hi, my name is Leah I have dealing with Davison since January 5 2010.
I tried to send Mr. Chadd Murray VP of Davison an email and this is what came back
Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender
Mon, Nov 6, 2017 8:13 pm
Mail Delivery System ([email protected])
To:you Details
Attachment (427 B)
This is the mail system at host omr-a013e.mx.aol.com.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

: host ironport.davison.com[72.164.109.10] said: 550
#5.1.0 Address rejected. (in reply to RCPT TO command)
I've paid the entire Pre-Development Agreement fee for total of $745.00 and now in the final & currently in the stage of paying the final fees of the New Product Sample Agreement fee for total of $9500.00 and so far I currently have only paid total payments of $275.00. Since the beginning I have dealt with and only spoken with Chadd Murray in regards to my project idea, and him & I were always good as far as communicating & corresponding with one another, however back in Jan 10. 2014 which was last time I sent them any kind of payment & as I called Chadd (as I've always had done) to let him know to be expecting a payment in the mail from me, on that day I had called Davison and on the call prompt to dial the ext. of whom I wanted to talk with, after entering Mr. Murray ext. 50062 it said ext. invalid therefore re-routed me to front desk and when the person at front desk asked who I was trying to reach I said "Chadd Murray" they responded back telling me that Chadd Murray no longer works for this company and will transfer me to the person who taking over clients for Chadd, I was unable to speak to live person and reached their voice mail, after leaving a voice mail, I never received any phone call back only an email correspondence in regards to my invention idea payment receipt on Fri, May 19, 2017 8:20 am from Taylor Conner ([email protected]) just this past August I had all of a sudden after a good time lapse has went by (due to personal & medical issues/reasons) I finally received a phone call from Chadd asking me "where have I been?" and "how come hasn't heard from me" and when I had told him that I was informed of him no longer at Davison and was no longer working there he said "are you kidding me? Well, that is ridiculous & outrages, who in the heck told you that?" and at that moment in time I could not recall whom at Davison had told me that, but Chadd re-assured me that he was still with the company and as a matter of fact he is now the Vice President of Davison.
I would like to know, is there any way to get out of contract that you know of & also, Chadd also made it a point to reassure me that my invention is patent and safe, so now I'd like to know what exactly does that mean, "Safe" as in it's mine or belongs to company Davison? I wished I had found all of this out BEFORE HAND but now I am 2nd guessing myself on what I should do. Please if you have any advice or guide me on what I should do or know of any kind of existing or current class action lawsuit in regarding to Davison PLEASE LET ME KNOW email me at [email protected]

Jan 24, 2018 6:35 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

There is a class action suit against them from 2008 and I contacted the Pennsylvania Consumer Affairs and the attorneys who initialed the class action suit was myersonlawfirm. I paid them over 10k and after them jerking me around and not answering my questions, I told them I was going to report them. No response. they all need to go to jail and the company needs to be put out of business!

G
Feb 21, 2020 10:54 am EST

did you take any action against them, yet

Jun 15, 2017 8:48 pm EDT

Davidson Design and Development Inc. 595 Alpha Drive, Pittsburgh, Pa. 15238
In the summer and fall of 2014 my associate and I spent numerus phone conversations with the Vice President of New Products, Chad Murray, who assured us that Davidson Design and Development Inc. would make us a lot of money. Mr. Murray also, assured my associate and myself that his company would be more then adequate to take my product and have it on the market in a short period of time. It is now June of 2016 and they are no closer to that goal then it was 2 years ago. My product had already been patented, field tested and marketed, but I was still required to put money up front for them to do research and development. To this day, Davidson Design and Development Inc. has not done any research or development that I have any knowledge of. On December 3, 2014 I signed a contract with Davidson Design and Development Inc. and paid an additional $8.000.00. I was contacted on a WEEKLY basis and assured that a team of individuals were working on getting the product ready to present to a manufacturer and distributor. In February of 2015 I delivered to Mr. Murray a feeder to use to speed up the process that is valued over $500.00. I wasted over 500 hours on the phone with Mr. Murray and all I got in return was two inferior pictures, or what they call renditions. My time is worth $100.00 per hour. (I am now into this scam company for over $50, 000.00) Then in November of 2015 I received the first rendition. It was inadequate to say the least. It had patent pending on it and to this day I have not received an adequate explanation why that was on a product that already had been patented. It indicates to me that they were going to try and steel my patent. I refused to sign such an inferior rendition and then six months latter another rendition was sent to me, which was worse than the first. I expressed my dissatisfaction with the whole process. I received the same run around or double talk that I had heard for two years. On May 17, 2016 I sent Mr. Murry an email that I put in writing what I wanted to continue. In short, either a set time line on father actions or my money back. (I still have the email I sent if needed) He contacted me twice to get me to talk to the President of New Products Frank Vescio. After spending another five hours in emails that I have kept to show how ridiculous the whole process was. Mr. Vesico called me on May 27, 2016 and all but threated me by saying he was going to do what he wanted to, no matter what I wanted. To this day all I can verify that Davidson Design and Development Inc. did was computer generate two pictures; I could have had done in 48 hours, for less that $100.00. This is differently not what I paid for and is not worth the money I paid this scam company.

Samuel L. Kight
CEO Naturecalls Inc.

May 24, 2017 5:13 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

They are nothing but fraud they got me for approximately $30, 000 with two inventions I just received my prototypes one was broken in pieces you can tell it was packed that way from Davison Vicky Becker just laughed when I told her I was so angry both prototypes are not what I drew and explained in detail they are junk I asked Davidson what they are going to do to fix this the reply was you have the prototypes now!I asked if they had insurance with fed ex to cover the broken prototypes she thinks they do so what are they doing now sending them broken and collecting the insurance money from our broken prototypes and keeping the money and screwing us over we need paid back from these crooks & they need shut down for good!

View 0 more photos
Mar 16, 2017 11:35 am EDT

Can someone recommend a lawyer who will take on Davison Inventions even though they've probably been sued before.
I really want to sue them for a refund because what they sent me as a prototype was ridiculous and a five year old could make.
I made a video I'm about to post on youtube to show my experience with them to warn people who may be considering doing business with Davison. Don't. Run. They are scammers. Who take advantage of people with dreams.

Mar 16, 2017 11:30 am EDT

Can you recommend an attorney that I can hire to go after Davison Inventions?

Jan 24, 2018 6:41 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Myersonlawfirm. They were the attorneys on the class action suit from 2008.

Feb 04, 2017 11:09 am EST

Davison wanted me to pay them $800. I told them I was on disability and would have to wait until I got paid to get them some money. They wanted $400 now and would take the other $400 later. This was suppose to pay for everything. Later, before paying the first payment I did some research and found out about the lawsuit. I really did not understand the affirmative disclosure statement. It says And this I am quoting from my copy of the statement - (IN BOLD LETTERING) The total number of consumers in the last five years who made money in royalties than they paid, in total, under and all agreements with Davison, is five (5). In other words out of ALL the consumers who paid Davison to help them only FIVE consumers made more money from royalties then what they paid Davison. ONLY FIVE. And according to the disclosure 877, 236 submitted new product ideas in the last five years. Something is seriously amiss here. When she called to make sure I was going to pay I told her I no longer wanted to do business with them and that they can forget about the agreement. She asked me why. And I told her I found out about their history and so I would not be doing any business with them. She then tried to ask me what did I find out. I hung up on her. They won't be getting a penny of my social security check. If there is ever another law suit. Please let me know. Though I have not given them a penny. I would be willing to confess they scam disabled people. If got a product you want to head to market. Go to legal zoom and get their help and then contact the companies yourself with your PATENTED IDEA. Davison said in their video that you don't want to patent your idea first. I DISAGREE. You want to protect your idea. And you don't want Davison Patenting your idea either. Cause whose patent is it then? Whose name is on the patent? Just another thought about how you could be getting scammed if you go with them.

Sep 25, 2016 3:30 pm EDT

We truly need someone to start this class action lawsuit, lets begin by saying you are a legitimate company, you know what will make it and what won't. You start by saying that you started the company bc you got ripped of, and here you are ripping the public off. My idea was praised and yet, they find a company that in the begging before putting out the money, is interested. Then when you give the $9000.00 they go back to the interest party and the interest party says, oh we are not interested anymore. Then Davison rep ask for another $300.00 to pitch it to another company. My thing is you know it won't work, you lie to the consumer take there money and say oh sorry. They call you every week until you are paid then you have to chase them down. We need a class action suit now, The rob me of my credit and now someone needs to put a stop to this.
SS

Jan 24, 2018 6:40 pm EST
Replying to comment of Fonseca

Pennsylvania Consumer Affairs and Myersonlawfirm.

Jul 07, 2016 10:19 am EDT

My husband invented 2 board games and spoke to gary dafor that told us this is a hot item and it would sell. He explained how companies would offer us a buyout or give us money through royalties. We sent $695.00 and the 2 games. We then get told they need an additional $5, 800 to put the games to market..When we told him we did not have that kind of money, he suggested to us to open a gofundme account. We checked the website out, but we need our games back to post ;pics of it. We have requested that both of the games be shipped back to us and it has been a month and we are not getting any return calls or emails. We would like to be added to the lawsuit. How do we add our names to it? email: [email protected] Anthony and alice noto

O
Jun 08, 2016 1:46 pm EDT

I started my interaction with Davison in 2006 I sent 695.00
To them my director was Ralph sipp I herd from him three times this went on through 2011 and my director changed I got my box of crap and they wanted more and more money so 23, 000 later I have no product on the shelf at Walmart am in debt thanks to Davison invent I even got to go to the giant playhouse walk through talk to CEO and it was all smoke

May 08, 2016 1:53 pm EDT

they got me for 17.000.00

Jan 24, 2018 6:36 pm EST
Replying to comment of miami54

I found myersonlawfirm was the attorneys on the lawsuit. I contacted them so you should also.

Jun 26, 2018 7:03 pm EDT

where is this law firm located, we have been taken for $9, 000

Mar 12, 2016 12:33 pm EST

Hi, yes I was screwed over by Davison. I invested 12, 500. They were suppose to tmake proto type for a toy horse for children ages 4+. As soon as I put all of my money in this investment the guy i worked for over 2 years was gone! I spoke with a person w ho said she was the person now in charge. They came up with a washcloth for young babies.. Extremely opposite of what I had in the drawings. My toy was not brought to the market. Then a baby was holding a rubber ducky not even the washcloth! The lady had the nerve to say that they are only thinking about using the horse. I was pissed. She said to me I know you are upset and not to take it personally. Then she said we could try another company...250.00 more to bring to the market of a new company! I want justice to be served. Please call me at [protected]. Thanks Shannon Beard

C
Sep 05, 2014 5:49 pm EDT

They lied and took my money like they did everybody else. There should be some way to stop them. I am a single mother of 4 girls and I can't get none of it back. But how do Davison get away with this

Jan 18, 2016 4:13 pm EST

I was contacted by Davison to development a product. I was sent information and was told the research and development would cost $795. I made installment payments until it was paid then Ryan Matlock of Davison told me that I would need to pay an additional $8740 for additional research and work i assume. I contacted Ryan to let him know that I could not afford that payment without a guarantee that my product will be on the market and he suggested I send in at least $5 a month until it is all paid. After some thought I just did not want to wait that long to see if my product will market so i contacted Ryan and requested a refund and he laughed and said they have already done all the work. I then emailed Ryan at [email protected] with no response back. He stop accepting my phone calls.

View 0 more photos
Dec 28, 2015 1:46 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I am at the patent stage of my invention and recently sent a letter to Mr. Davison regarding the service I had received since my project went to their Licensing department. I was not made aware that they give ONE free presentation - they charge for any presentations after that. I have asked three times now for information on HOW they are promoting my item - what info they have sent the company, if they are using my pictures, who they are talking to - and I have not received any information back; no calls are returned. I did get a call right before Christmas that they were running a special - two presentations for $560. I've already sent them over $10, 000 to get this thing out there. When the lady, Linda, told me of the special I commented to her that I wasn't even aware of the fees for the presentations and that is when I was told of the ONE free presentation and she commented that it was in my "contract". I told her I would promote my product myself and also informed her that Mr. Davison would be receiving a letter from me.
When I got to the point of applying for a patent, Davison gave me all the info and forms that I needed to send to USPTO for a provisional patent. They informed me that once a company agreed to manufacture my product, then that company would be responsible for filing the additional paperwork with USPTO. So I sent in my paperwork with the fee and now the clock is ticking - provisional patents are only good for one year and I have not studied up on anything else regarding the patent process because I trusted Davison to handle this for me. I've trusted them all along. Wish I'd seen this website at the start of my project in 2012!
So as I mentioned above, I told Linda that I would promote my product myself. I contacted a very prominent company (in the U.S.) and got an immediate response and one thing they mentioned in their email back to me was "Unfortunately, [company name] does not compensate for ideas that are not patented." Earlier in the email they state "If your idea is the subject of an issued or granted patent, . . . " This tells me that any company worth their salt - and this company IS - WILL NOT work with anyone who does not have a patent! A provisional patent WILL NOT CUT IT!
There's the goods on Davison - they set you up from the start, dangle carrots all along the way, give you paperwork to make you think you are really getting somewhere - WOW, you are a patent-holder! (No, you're not.) And they do this, all the time knowing that there is no company who will deal with your project because it is only a PROVISIONAL patent. So they keep getting "NO" from every company that they (supposedly) contact and they can keep charging fees for each company they contact. And if you don't pay them? Well . . . that's on you!
I'll join any class action lawsuit against Davison - they need their doors closed!

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

160 complaints