Davisonscam - rip off - don't be a victim

N Review updated:

For anyone who has been taken by Davison since the 2008 lawsuit settlement, please join the davisonisgoingdown group and invite anybody you know who has been victimized by this company. We need to come together so we can start a new class action lawsuit. Please share your story here and stay tuned for more details as I figure out how to move forward.

Here is my story:

I hired Davison who is an inventor promotional firm to help me bring my idea from conception to market. I have paid excess of $9000 in July 2009 and was last contacted by my representative Michael Grando in March 2010. At that time, I was told my actual product sample had been manufactured and was in QA and I would have a provisional patent application within 2 weeks. I never heard back from Grando and began calling leaving voicemails and sending emails. Finally I spoke to the receptionist who advised Grando was on medical leave and Gary Humes was handling my design. I began leaving Humes numerous voicemails and have also left voicemails with the Vice President and still have not received a response regarding my inquiries on my product.

Since my concerns, I have learned Davison had been sued by the FTC for practices that are still being used today in which I am a victim of. For example, I was told they had great contacts with companies, more specifically, Cuisinart with which they would be presenting my design to. I am learning that they do not have solid standing here. When I told them I had another company in mind I was told that they were the experts in this area and had done all of the preliminary research to target this company. I even asked who their contact with Cuisinart was and was told that it was a confidentiality matter and could not be shared with me. I was also told that very few people's ideas were accepted by Davison as they were selective on the applicants received but mine was being accepted for further development.

DON'T TRUST DAVISON THEY WILL GET YOUR MONEY AND NEVER CALL BACK!!!

• Ne
    NEVERDAVISON Jul 22, 2010

Join this group if you have been scammed by Davison since the 2008 settlement.

David L. Herring May 05, 2018

@NEVERDAVISON I was scamed befor 2008, and paid them 895$ on my invetion, i was sent about 270 $ back, but was never sent my paper work or my drawings back or the rest pf my money back. What can i do ? Please help me David l. Herring at 817-932-5273 or @ [email protected]

magnum4101 Jul 10, 2019

@David L. Herring If we can get enough people to submit a complaint to the FTC they will act on it, they have already gone after these people in the past with good results, you will have to call and talk to FTC people and give them as much info as possible there number is, 1-877-382-4357, the website is FTC.GOV and spread the word.

magnum4101 Jul 10, 2019

@David L. Herring Also, I have a wonderful lawyer that you can talk to Phillips & Sutherland LLP
    www.digitallawgroup.com #Tel: +1-424-272-8518 .

• Va
    Valerie Fozo Aug 19, 2019

@NEVERDAVISON My son was scammed by Davison Design and Development in 2012 They charged him $9, 920 for a prototype because they told him that Atlantic Inc wanted to mass produce his idea After a few months to by they told us that Atlantic Inc changed their minds and did not want to produce it anymore When we asked to see the prototype we saw it was just a cheap piece of plastic that took no design
    Valerie Fozo

@magnum4101 do you have a email address

Greg howe Feb 20, 2020

@NEVERDAVISON do you have a email

• Bl
    Bluesky12 Feb 24, 2020

@magnum4101 Hi are they really good because this Davison company took $10, 300 and my idea they making like there own its out 3 years know its a brush thats my idea am very upset. I what a good lawyer to sue his ass

Greg howe Feb 24, 2020

@Greg howe [email protected]

Greg howe Feb 24, 2020

@Greg howe [email protected]

• Ki
    kimbra1991 Aug 17, 2010

You know, I look EVERYTHING up on here and BBB. I didn't look up Davison until AFTER I had sent $695 to them. I started to worry. The next phone conversation with them, I explained how they have an F rating with BBB and how many people said they were scammed. Also, in the last 36 months they have had 211 complaints. The man I was talking to of course defended them, but I figured I'd let it all go and put it in Gods hands. My aunt (co-inventor) and I asked many questions about any more money involved. They explained there was a $110 fee for the provisional patent..Ok..not a big deal..that's cheap compared to the actuall patent (which they said the company may pay for that) They never actually tell you the price of ANYTHING until you're at that stage or if you ask, which we did. Now, for the development of the product..they said we could do it ourselves (I'm not a scientist soo..that was out of the question) or they could do it and we would pay for it. So we asked about that price. He told us the price coul range from $7000-12, 000 OR they could take another percentage from the royalty. We thought that sounded GREAT!! Well, we had just got to the price of the development stage..our options ranged from $10, 000-14, 000 and 2 of those options they would be getting a % from the royalty. He sent me an e-mail (which I STILL have) saying there were a few options that were NOT listed. During our conversation, he never mentioned any other options, also he lied because he said that we would not have to pay that price and they would take a percentage..not that they wanted money and a bigger percentage. Well that's where we ended it. They sure did know how to sell it to us though. I hope and pray something is done about this company. I'm surprised they have not been put out of business. Also, when they dropped these prices on us..they wanted $1000 of it in less than a week..when we told them we wanted out of this, the guy simply would not take NO for an answer. He said he was shocked that we didn't want to pursue it any further with them. I'm sure his rent was due! But anyways, he started to get pissy and was trying to persuade us to stay. He then told me a lady who invented a product with them, she was just on the balancing act, was unemployed and she was able to pay the money. If you're unemployed how the hell are you going to pay THOUSANDS, you're not. We're not unemployed and we couldn't even afford that much money. I really hope something is done about them.

• Fr
    Frank Wombles Aug 21, 2010

IM ready to get this class action Rolling.I have went all the way through with my invention.Davision took $15.000 and what did I get out of it, A thing that Davision called my invention.This thing was broke and did not work anyway if it was'nt. It had been painted and stuck straight in the box.there was paint all in the box.Davison I hope you read this because I am coming after you. I will not Quit until you pay.IF anyone knows anything about a class action lawsuit against Davison please e-mail me at ( [email protected] )...thanks

John Little Sr Mar 13, 2018

@Frank Wombles Hello. Please contact me at [email protected] if you have any info on Davison and any possible legal actions that are pending so that I can be a part of it.
    Anything will be helpful at this point

led window frames Sep 19, 2018

@John Little Sr I to would like to sue these pampas scam artist

• Ga
    Garry Mears Sep 21, 2010

This is to all the honest attorneys out there. We are getting scammed by Davison over and over again. They have guys like Ken Mashracky and Micheal Grando. Both are working under the direction of the owner Ken Davison. They lead you into a false pretentions. So many of us believe we have a viable product. All we need is someone to believe. That courtship is how Davison gets all of us. Ken Mashracky is the point man to this scam. Imagine a pubby farm, through the numbers of us coming aboard is how Davison makes their money. They average several hundred submissions per month. If you times that by the number of years they have been doing this by the number of clients which they have sucessfully brought their concepts to the marketplace, its a small fraction. The inital fee is what tells Davison they have a "fish on". This is the point where guys like Ken Mashracky sells you into moving on further. He tells you his review board looked at your concept and they feel it has allot of potential, its unique and they believe they can develop your ideal into a product, then here's comes where they make their money. They provide you with several options to develop your concept and dollar amounts which they require to proceed. Their options has an equity stake if you wish not to pay the full amount. Its up to you to decide how much a partnership you want them to have or not. well, most to all of us decide the highest percentage as this is also the lowest cost to get to that pennicle level "marketable product" not a prototype, an actual product which you can purchase off the shelf. If our concepts are so gooooood, why aren't we securing our provisonal patent protects the moment Davison receives our first engagement payment? Its simple, they will not do this until the end or your second half payments are fullfiled. Its a tool to get you to pay the last 45%. They can come back and say, we wait until we have a more definitive product. My reply would be, provisional patents are designed to protect a design concept, where a patent protects the actual design. I ask that a honest law firm contact myself as well as all the others in this posting . This also includes any others out there who have substained FELONY losses. We all need to hold Davison responsible for their actions. My contact email is [email protected] .

John Little Sr Mar 13, 2018

@Garry Mears I'm also looking for help fighting Davison Inventions. Please contact me at
    I'm down about 17k to these people with no results

• Ro
    Ron Dog Jan 20, 2019

@Garry Mears Davison took me for over $16, 000 and built the so called "prototype" that looked like something from a kindergarten art class. I want to see them out of business, I want my investment back and I want restitution for time lost, stress, and being lied too over and over, if there is a class action lawsuit please add my email [email protected]

• Ri
    RIPOFFS1970 Feb 07, 2019

@Garry Mears Thay have been talking with my husband
    Have taken 1, 000 already now they want more
    They guy he is talking to is Gary Humes and he says he is the owner of the company u sure hope my husband listened to me and dosnt hve them anymore money
    Last time he gave them our mortgage payment 2 month behind now

• Sc
    Scammed by Mike Hyre Jun 13, 2019

@RIPOFFS1970 Please tell your husband these are scammers, thieves!! We are onto them now! I asked for money back, they declined pf course. Buy They have a pit on they're heels. Now I want my 10, 000 and everu penny I could have made without they're lies!!

• If you have left more than one message and have not received a prompt response, or if you feel that your project has not been handled appropriately, you may have a legitimate complaint and we would like to try to fix things. However, we don’t know who you are. Contact us via email: [email protected] and talk to us. If we can’t resolve your problems, then let us have it on Complaints Board. But, we can’t fix it, if we don’t know who you are.

The company doubts that you were told that very few people’s ideas were accepted by Davison. To the contrary, if you submitted your product idea after the first quarter of 2006, you received a written disclosure that told you exactly how many people had submitted product ideas to Davison in the past five years and how many people the company offered its services to. Those numbers do not reflect selectivity. Further, you were twice given a disclosure statement that said that the company does not evaluate product ideas.

If Cuisinart was proposed to you as a potential target for licensing efforts, then you know that you were given in writing a statement of the number of times that we had presented products to Cuisinart and the number that had resulted in licenses so that you could evaluate what you thought. Davison does have great contacts with its licensee companies, but the numbers are disclosed for you to evaluate in every case. A good relationship does not make a license more likely. It is the product idea that a company considers, not Davison.

Your remarks about being a “scam” and “rip off” are completely inappropriate. Slander, defamation, and character assassination on the internet have become a concern for almost all companies. The internet does provide a mechanism for free speech, but that speech most be exercised responsibly.

Our primary interest is in resolving your complaint, if you are a client. We would need your contact information that you had submitted originally, and we would be glad to address your concerns. Again, you may contact us at [email protected]

Sincerely,

Chief Consumer Advocate

Les Molina Feb 11, 2019

@Davison Chief Consumer Advocate Chief consumer advocate, you are full of shit just like george davison, who is the biggest lier i've ever heard. go fuck yourself, both you and george go fuck yourself. you are a punk-ass bitch that will end up in prison. if you ever cross my path or in other words if I ever see you or george I will beat the fuck out of you. fuck off george davison

david betts Jul 30, 2019

@Davison Chief Consumer Advocate I have been working with Vicky Becker’s on my invention. She says she’s sent material out to a long list of Companies and that Davison follows up regularly. When I demanded the list of companies and the record of communications she because EXTREMELY aggressive and said she would “look into it”.
    Total scam. I’ll seek legal counsel shortly.

david betts Sep 16, 2019

@david betts After months and months of demanding the "list" of companies that Davison sent my invention to, I finally received it.
    The 1st list they sent me was a list of companies they sent their "registration form" to. That means they didn't send my invention, they were trying to get those companies signed up. So Davison didn't send my invention to any companies.
    The second list has 4 "registered companies" that they sent my invention to. on 8/30/19!!! almost 1 year after I paid them in full!!! they were never going to send my invention to ANY companies. They lied saying that they had and were waiting for our 12 month contract to expire. Complete scam.
    According to the 2nd list that Matt Alwine sent me, Of the 4 "registered" companies on the 2nd list, 1 of them has never been given a presentation. So that means only 3 companies received my information.
    Of those 3, Davison states they have presented 164 ideas to those companies over the past 5 YEARS and have secured 1 license.
    167 presentations over 5 years. with 1 secured license. Does this sound like "a great working relationship" or "very active and positive results" as I was sold on by Gary Humes??
    I demanded my money back and Matt Alwine said according to my contract there is no warrant for a refund.

COMPLETE FRAUD. BEWARE. These guys are expert scammers.
    I have filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission and I will be handing this all over to my attorneys.

@Davison Chief Consumer Advocate what a joke

Greg howe Feb 20, 2020

@david betts did you seek council yet

Greg howe Feb 20, 2020

@david betts did you pay a packaging fee, and did you find a lawyer

Lesily Mar 16, 2020

@david betts They were so nice and friendly all...the way until they received my last payment then nothing...no call no nothing i'm so said because the funds that i used was from my mom settlement after she passed away.

johnworks24 Oct 22, 2010

I agree with you.This conpany or I should say scam took me for A big big ride.In 2006 I contacted davison to put my idea on the market to save lifes.I allready had A prototype that works very well.I told them they could take $695.00 out of my account on A certain day.well as soon as we got off the phone they pounded my bank.so all the checks I wrote turned into rubber.so I backed out and I finaly got my money back.but it does'nt stop there.Come to find out the employee I was talking to later in time used my idea and patented in and is making money.I can't believe this happened.so I'm with you and everybody.just let me know how to help

magnum4101 Jul 10, 2019

@johnworks24 I have also been taken advantage of by this company, I took the advice of a lawyer and contacted the F T C [ Federal Trade Commission ] I submitted my complaint and asked if there was anything they could do, I was told that they do not investigate one complaint, but if we all contacted the FTC and submitted our complaints, then they would get involved, I also found out that the Davison has been investigated in the past by the FTC for fraud and won, the phone number to call is 1-877-382-4357 and tell them you want to submit a complaint against Davison for fraud, if we all ban together I think we can get some answers and our money back, I am a vet on disability so money has been tight but that didn't seem to bother the people at Davison, SPREAD THE WORD TO ANYONE ELSE WHO HAS BEEN TAKEN BY THESE PEOPLE.

david betts Jul 30, 2019

@johnworks24 Here’s the recourse: if you sent this idea to Davison then there is a digital time stamp on that correspondence. If the idea was taken to market from there under someone else that can be proven. Find a good patent attorney

• In
    Inventilante Dec 03, 2010

The employees at Davison don't give 2 sh#t's about your invention. The salesman (director) is just making a commission, the designer is just making a per-project commission passing your idea to the guy in China who works on your engineering and graphics and has no idea what's going on, and you just get a crappy end product. Oh ya..the China people...they never tell you that part do they. LOL.

• We are happy to address your comment.

If you are a former employee you would understand that China is a major player in the world’s economy and that large product design and engineering firms having locations in the United States, like Frog Design and IDEO, have established offices located in foreign countries like China. We invested in China to establish an economic means to help save consumers money. As a matter of fact, in over 22 years in business, our prices have rarely gone up. We’ve been able to achieve economies of scale by working here in the United States and in China. (We’re pretty sure that the people in China desire the right to want to better their lives as we have been able to achieve here in the US so we don’t really understand why you would want to strike out at our Chinese employees. They are good people who believe in quality, integrity and our mission to be able to provide the most cost effective product design approach ever created.)

There are even design firms establishing offices in Mexico not to mention many have offices in Europe. As well, I think we all know that most major manufacturers here in the United States have offices and manufacturing plants in China and other parts of the world. It’s simply good business and saves the consumers money.

One additional fact that bears mentioning is that every product sample that is made, is assembled and packaged in the United States. There’s not really that much more to say except that we wish you the best with your career.

CCA

• Cr
    Cryssi4 May 16, 2011

I submitted my idea just last year and so far paid just $150. Things seemed fine up until a couple of weeks ago. They would call, I'd answer, and they'd be silent. A few days ago, they called again and when I answered, I heard two women laughing in the back ground. I screamed, "HELLO?!" twice and nothing. That concerned me so I looked up the complaints and found this. I was stunned. I'll tell my mom to freeze transactions between them. I'm currently unemployed and not healthy enough to work. This was my chance and they took advantage of me.

• Cryssi4:
    Davison has noticed this complaint, and we understand that there may have been a communication issue with your assigned representative. We are more than happy to look into your complaint, however posting anonymously does not allow us the opportunity to contact you directly. Below you will find the Chief Consumer Advocate’s email address. Please send us an email explaining your situation with your contact info and we will look into the file. Thank you

• Ta
    talkrealtalk Jun 01, 2011

Well Mr Davidson, seems like you have your work is cut out for you. Looks you need get the respect back (if there was any) I mean you said "Davidson has been in business for 20 years" Something was once good about it, what happened Is the question you and your staff need to meet about. I think you should work more on revamping your whole company and turn it into what it should be. A company that brings people ideas to life the legit way, a company that is well respected, a company that people trust and believe in. Along the way someone forgot what it takes to earn respect and trust and keep it. Because of all these stories I will not be working with Davidson and will not longer be exepting calls from Dan K. Work on revaming the business first...Thank goodness I didn't sign the agreement or gave you guys any money.

@Cryssi4 that is really messed up. If I did not read your story I would be in the same boat as you.

Davison_hmmm? Jun 08, 2011

My associate and I recently came across Davison as a way to present our idea and get our idea on the market. We have had several phone conversations with the Director of New Products. We were really excited about getting started with Davison. They want $745 upfront and asked us to submit the predevelopment contract ASAP, even if we didn't have the money right away. In other words we were getting sucked into a contract. After doing some research through Google and reading everyone's complaints I am very hesitant to continue with Davison, What is most surprising to me is that everyone seems to have different fees. I'm curious because I was told that the fee of $745 was a flat fee as well as the one-time fee for the product sample. He also informed us that the company would not be asking for anymore money from us after the range from thousands of dollars is paid. Not only that but we were also told that Davison would not get their percentage until we, the clients, get everything that we have put into the development of the product. I'm not exactly sure what to do at this point but I am glad we did the research before money got involved. Please feel free to comment and provide some guidance.

• Re
    READ YOUR DAVIDSON BROCHURE Jun 13, 2011

I read everything in Davidson's contract before getting involved and found it way too one sided and told them so. From there the salesmanship started to fly on behalf of the VP who apparently was going to be handling my project personally, clue number two. I told him very directly that his contract was one sided and wasn't something I wanted to get involved with. Phone call after phone call flew from he trying to persuade me otherwise, even after I asked him not to call me that I would contact him if I had found they would be useful to me, of course reading their material should have been anyone's first clue this was going to be a no end insight expensive ordeal for all who thought otherwise. I simply blocked his calls to stop the continuous harassment as I saw it. I've been in business for years and Davidson is just another company trying to to take your hard earned money, don't let them. Read their material, just doing that alone should have been everyone's first clue as to what you could expect from this company, they plainly tell you in print to expect nothing from them!!! They promise nothing, including and not limited too even protecting your prototype if you should provide one. This company plays on the desperate trying to climb their way to the top of the business success ladder all awhile stealing your money and giving you nothing in return. I saw this as a scam, no different than those perpetuated in South Africa and the UK, and you should too. I have plenty of beautiful brochures showing me very successful folks, this isn't factual. If you read the material you'll see their disclaimer telling you exactly what you can expect from them and it's absolutely nothing. They tell you in plain print that out of 500, 000 applicants NO MORE THAN ONE INDIVIDUAL has made more money in royalties than they spent in the program, or words to that effect. That's not very good odds folks, that alone should have been your first clue that doing business with Davidson was going to be expensive and one sided. You pay them and they promise you nothing in return. READ YOUR BROCHURES CAREFULLY, THIS IS HOW THEY GET YOU, BECAUSE IN THE BROCHURE THEY TELL YOU EXACTLY WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT OF THEM AND THEREFORE YOU ENTERED INTO A CONTRACT WITH THEM HAVING FULL KNOWLEDGE OF WHAT YOU WERE DOING!!! READ YOUR BROCHURES!!!

• Ji
    jim skalnik Apr 20, 2012

I agree i paid for two ideas at 795.00 each...and do think i have heard a word from them...they called and hounded me for days telling me my ideas were genius and that they would go straight to making my samples and have marketing and devlopment get with me...guess not a GD phone call yet and when i ask for my rep no answer voice mail every time no phone calls returned...I say CLASS ACTION SUIT!!!

• Bo
    bob min Apr 20, 2012

Davison and his employee are snakes and scorpions . Beaware they are liars and thieves. They got me ...they told me that
    just pay 795 only you not gonna pay thing else ..when we license and sell your product you are going to give up some of your royalties.
    when I paid them $795.. they said you have to hire us to do the job... and it cost $13000. Then I told them hell no and I need my money back because at the first time you told me you not gonna pay anything until you get your royalties just pay only $795 filing fee
    At first I told them my background ..I told them that I am a poor guy and family man. Despite they knew my situation they ripped off me
    Be aware These snakes and scorpions...I don't want them to bite you . watch out the snake bites

• Co
    ConnieGe May 22, 2012

Davison got for $12, 000 and got nothing, they said no company was interested. Only one company supposedly looked at it and it cost me $12, 000 for everything, it was all I had. Class action suit!

• Ti
    Tim.k. James Jul 26, 2012

Davison charged me 10, 500 and I got nothing in return I wish I would of found this information before I trusted them with my money. Do not work with them you will be sorry.

• Br
    brina44 Jan 18, 2017

@Tim.k. James I've also been scammed by this company..to the tube of 12, 000..how can i get my money back and how can i join this group

• Ju
    Justin79 Jul 29, 2012

I'm seeking legal action against Davison Corp. My story begins with a idea like many others have. I submitted online through their website and got a phone call the following day. Jeff Sawyer (VP of New Sales) was the contact person I dealt with. He advised of all the exciting things of how my idea could be seen on shelves. He explained to me that the $795 was what he referred to as an all-inclusive fee. I was lead to believe that $795 would get me CAD drawing and patents on the idea. I received 3 mailings. A nice shinny Davison folder with a computer CD and DVD. I watched the DVD and started to become skeptical. It appeared to me that it was not customized to my idea but more of a template. They simply added the name of my idea and my name and there was a DVD. 2 weeks later I receive another DVD which was basically the same as the first one. However, they presented and lead me to believe that there was progress to my idea. They have found someone that is interested in my idea. This is when I really starting to worry when I took the phone call the Jeff told me Davison and I both will have further financial obligations but that will come later but I should start thinking about it. I asked how much and he danced around the question like a professional break dancer. I did not get an answer to that. However there was no indication of what was to come. One week later I get a phone call. "Justin we are right where we want to be at this point" He said he we sending over some documents for me to sign. And was going to call me on Monday at so and so time. I never got the email and the snail mail documents did not make it over the weekend. So we had to rescheduled and asked for him to email the documents again because I did not receive them. We reschedule this 20 minute call for the following day. I received the documents and the email later in the day. I was floored by the request of $14, 000. There was no way I was going to turn that over. I sent an email to Jeff letting him know that this was unacceptable. I did not get an email back. The next day I was ready to talk to him @ 10am. no call. At around 10:45 a call comes through but I was unable to take the call. He leaves a message stating if I can't pay the amount they will just shut down the project. I email him back because I want everything in writing from this point forward. I request a refund and was even willing to work out some sort of partial refund. No reply, no call and haven't heard from them since. I have reached out to a large Class action Law Suit firm. I plan on getting my money back and help protect others from this one way or the other. I have also contacted the so called target company to see if it was all a put on. I'll stay connected anyone who wants to take action against them. feel free to email me.

• Mi
    mike` Aug 20, 2012

Dear All, Thanks a lot, they called me and I was going to pay 900
    I asked him to fedex me the contract, so he will pay for it
    I did not sign, did not pay a penny, thanks for u all

• Sm
    SMConway Aug 27, 2012

Wow. I submitted an idea, got a call. Thank god they left a message on my voicemail. I think that after reading all this I will find another company to market my product. If anyone has suggestions of a great company I can submit to please reply here.

Dea29 Oct 18, 2012

Hello I have received an email from Kenneth Roberts Director of New Products "want to discuss it with you as soon as you get this email. I would also like to discuss with you how we would present your idea to a corporation to see if they would be interested in acquiring it." Is this the same guy as above Ken Mashracky?

Dea29 Oct 18, 2012

I have received an email from Kenneth Roberts Director of New Products "I would also like to discuss with you how we would present your idea to a corporation to see if they would be interested in acquiring it." is this possibly the same person as mentioned in previous complaints Ken Mashracky sounds like guy may be using a different last name?

Dea29 Oct 18, 2012

I have not given any money nor have I even talked to anyone from "New Products" I was wondering if it was the same person?

• Bo
    bossyJ Jan 15, 2013

I want to file a lawsuit against Davison invention...if we all agree let's do it...want my money back...can't get a response from Davisons...let's make it happen!!!

John from Winnipeg Apr 22, 2013

I lost over 14, 000.00 with Davison.
    They made me a bunch of empty promises.

John McNab
    Winnipeg

• Fe
    FedupwithDavison_Rebecca May 09, 2013

I would like to join the group. I too have been scammed by Davison - $10, 000 was my loss and I received nothing in return for the money. Now I cannot even get them to call me back. I have been trying to call Matt Alwin 800-677-6382 xtn 40018 he is the Sr. Director of Licensing. I also have been trying to call Tom Betts xtn 57288 Director of New Products. No response now that they have all their money I cannot get them. Sean Slane promised I could get my prototype of my product if they did not sell the product I would get the full version prototype back and I cannot even get this from them. I would like to be a part of any lawsuit that is started - I do not know how to join the group?

• Cl
    classactionlawsuittoday May 09, 2013

If anyone like to join the class action lawsuit please email your full name, address, and phone number and we will add you.

Jacob VanRiper May 03, 2018

@classactionlawsuittoday Jacob Van Riper 3136 pearl dr fullerton ca 92831, 657 445 7239, i been a victim of this scam since 2012 so please send me an email my email address is [email protected]

Greg howe Feb 21, 2020

@classactionlawsuittoday did you do anything, yet

jamesss1 Jun 12, 2013

I have also backed out of what started to look like a con, i would like to participate in the law suit as i have lost around 500 pounds.
    I will submit my details and more info to the above email address when i get a chance.

2 brothers in MI Jun 13, 2013

I want to add that there is a terrible injustice occurring that needs to be taken to court! This many people being taken advantage of...my brother included. Thousands of dollars later and nothing but empty hopes to show for it. Oh...sorry, a provisional patent...all to show for it. Davison has a proven process and method alright...to take advantage of those not business savvy (or unsuspecting targets). Got our idea all the way to prototype and were informed that the idea had been submitted for proposal to Moen...all seemed to be rolling and we were on our way (with intentions of participating in a conference call to review). This ended up as many of you have described...NOWHERE!!! When asked for copies of the presentation we received an email attachment of some disappointing image of what was supposed to be our product...with a name totally different from what we started with (and listed in provisional patent)...with no notice or request for approval to change. Count us in for support in presenting a case. Caution to all who are reading these posts for advice...better off putting your money into a savings account; you'll make more money on your investment that way.

2 brothers in MI Jun 13, 2013

Comment to classactionlawsuittoday...email came back as undeliverable. What gives?

• Mg
    M.Griffin Sep 19, 2013

My name is M.Griffin and I submitted my ideal to davison in Feb 2012. Davison game me a call in March. The man who called me back name was: Nicolas Bloom Director of New Products. They told me they were very interested in my product, and it was my decision to move forward or have regrets in the long run that I did not do anything with it. So I decided move forward and it cost me March 6th 795.00 dollars. I have all my receipts and all my proof! Phase 1 and 2 is the Pre-Development stage. Nicolas Bloom and I would brain storm with the endless possibilties we could do with my product. Then in March 2012 I was transferred to: Matthew Dixon Senior Director of New Products. Then in June 6th I was sent an email because they say we are at the half way point this begins the development of the product phase 3 and 4. June 7th I got a call if you paid so much, you would get a discount and the more royalities you would keep once the corporation took on your invention plus this included the proto-type. I paid 9, 011.00. June 11th I received a receipt for my total amount of money I put down which was 11, 485.00 with a savings of 474.00. During the developmental stage when creating the proto-type Mr. Dixon would communicate with me about what was going on, but later I learned they earned commission to be nice to you, they did not care about the people, but the money, which I learned from . This whole thing was a fraud. My brother tried to warn me! Oct or Nov they sent me a pictures of my product which I though was really classy. In November Mr. Dixon was trying to get more money from me for, Davison advertising to help my product to get seen faster. They tell you they sent take it to conventions but that is lie.
    In December they sent me stuff to fill out to send to United States Patent and Trademark office which is an extra 125.00 for a provisional patent. Did you know the patent format changes every year, and gets more expensive every year? I learned from a patent lawyer the patent law changed in march of 2013. March 4th my invention went to the final phase and moved Mr. Dixon to Barbra Browning her title: Senior Director of licensing. It took 3 weeks to get in touch with this women, she was supposed to call me. She said that my invention had three corporations who were interested and they narrowed it down to Arrow Plastics, but she said they had no room to take my project, but if I put down more money they get more corporations to check out my invention. When I went to see the Patent Lawyer Monday, he davison is a fraud company and stay far away from them! I would love to be part of this class action lawsuit against davidson. My email address is [email protected] Right now I am in the process of trying to get the prototype from them...

DavidD2 Nov 06, 2013

Is this class action still in the works? I got scammed by them for over $9000 and it seems everyone was contacted by the VP of new products, , , mine was Anthony Valkanas VP of new products. I bet they are all VP of new products to make you think your important that the head guy is doing your product.
    They told me they would try to market my product until I told them to stop but they never mentioned the $450 fee for every company that they target!!! They never let you see what they send to the company they say are looking at or interested in your product you just have to take their word for it that they tried. I am currently seeking a lawyer to handle my case against them.
    If anyone is out there and would like to proceed with a class action suit then count me in!!!
    I can be contacted at [email protected]

Waiting a response!!!

DavidD2 Nov 18, 2013

I can't believe there are no other people wanting to do this class action suit with me, , think about it with all of you loosing $10, 000 each and ten or more of us is a lot of money that a lawyor could get by taking them to court. I think we could get a pretty good lawyor for 50, 000 dollars which i am willing to give up half of what i lost just to get back at them for being rip off's and they are still doing it today with other people and they keep getting richer and richer.
    Lets team up and go after them NOW!!!

David D

@DavidD2 did you get a lawyer

Debbie marie Burke Jan 10, 2014

I too fell victom to this scam. Cost me everything and now my job as I have quit my job to market my product myself. Davison were ringing me all the time for more money to go to the next level. The thing is I already had the product to end stage, as well as the packaging. They said they wanted to redo the packaging to suit the company they where presenting my product to. It has been three years now. Another company has made a product exactly like mine and patented it. I had asked for my product back years ago, but they did not return it. I have rung many times and got only an answer machine. I am in Australia and rely on communication via email or phone. I never got updates. I received some cds and a folder that I filled with emails from them. Once they got my money I never heard from them again.
    I would like to join a class again against them.

DavidD2 Jan 10, 2014

What company did you go to to have it made and what were their prices on that?
    You are the only one it seems that wants to do a law suit against davison but if you find anyone else count me in too!

DavidD2 Jan 11, 2014

Well all we can do is wait an see if a lawyor will come foward and only take monies from what we have paid davison but this company has to be stopped. They except anything that people send them and take their money wether they feel they will make any money or not but davison knows they are going to get apid once they get the victom to pay it's all over for them. They don't even call the companies they se ry to market to they send nthem a letter and not the product and then they just wait and when the company doesn't want it they jusy blow it offf, don't try to do any sales technics just try to charge the client more money to go to another company.IT HAS TO STOP NOW PEOPLE!!!

DavidD2 Jan 15, 2014

I suggest that everyone that wants to get involved with a class action law suit against Davison design lets go public. I recently contacted CNN and suggested that they attemp to do a story on Davison and how many people got ripped off by them taking any idea that was submitted to them and basically promised money in return for their idea.
    All you have to do is go to CNN's contact us page and under suggest a story give them your complaint against Davison and hopefully by going public with this some lawyer will come forward and possibly help some of us get our monies back!
    So act now and if CNN gets enough people telling them to expose Davison then mayber something good will come our way or stop them once and for all on ripping people off. On the reply they sent on my complaint they said they charge $385 for repacking and refubishing the sample for each company they try to license it to. When ifact they don't even send the sample to companies unless they ask and mine was not send to the company they tried to sell mine to and that was confirmed by the person who was handling my project license attempt. He told me right out that my sample was not sent anywhere so why would they need to refurbish or repackage something that was never handled in the first place?

Greg howe Feb 21, 2020

@DavidD2 did you ever follow up on this .

2 brothers in MI Jan 15, 2014

Hey folks...the only way that any law firm will take the class action seriously is if there is a formidable list of defendants willing to pursue. We need to be as tenacious as the Davison representative that convinced you to send them your money!!!

DavidD2 Jan 15, 2014

I just recently sent a message to CNN in their suggest a story at their contact us page. I think everyone that is still in with a law suit do the same and if enough people will do that then maybe it will go national and stop davison from ripping anymore of us off! What I told them was exactly what happened and for them to checkout the internet and find out that davison only paid 12 more people money or they made money that was more than they paid davison, only 12 out of 52, 000 or more people. That you can find on wikipedia and that number was more than I listed here as of aug 2013 in their report. If they see that and then all of us suggesting a story about davison on national TV I think some lawyor wanting to hit the news will maybe try and help us out and in turn shut down the lying employee's at davsion and say goodbye to that company forever! No matter what kind of idea or stupid thing you can come up with and submit it to them they will except it and put a price tag on it between their normal $8, 000 to $12, 000 to make a piece of junk and call it a prototype. like the one they made for my idea It looked like some little kid had made it and probably cost them about $100 to put the time in building it.

• Rh
    RH2 Mar 17, 2014

Hey guys, I was taken by Davison and I would like to get this bootleg company, and I'm talking about going for it all. I want these guys out of business and I also want my money plus interest returned to me. My step dad told me that this company was a rip off but I didn't listen. With me that broke some laws, including fraud. Do you guys have a lawyer? I've been in touch with the director of new products and I've been telling him that my lawsuit is coming. But I just randomly saw this post and I know that a class action is a lot more effective. Let me know how I get involved.