Menu
Dave Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Dave
reviews & complaints

www.dave.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

3.0 32 Reviews

Dave Complaints Summary

16 Resolved
0 Unresolved
Our verdict: With Dave's perfect complaints resolution rate, you can expect exemplary service. However, it's beneficial to read beyond the numbers. Explore detailed customer reviews to understand the context behind their success. Familiarize yourself with the full range of services offered by Dave and prepare clear communication for any interactions. Keeping a personal record of your dealings will help you navigate their services effectively and ensure your satisfaction with their performance.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Dave has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Dave. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Dave reviews & complaints 32

Filter reviews by rating
16 reviews
Sort by:

Newest Dave reviews & complaints

Dave replied to this review.

Dave They took over $1,950 in 2 days from my checking account without my permission

They took over $1,950 in 2 days from my checking account without my permission. I did not find out until I received my statement. They had/used my money for six weeks! I do not know this company, never heard of them before or what they do. I have to cancel my card and wait for a new one. What a hassle! Who do we contact to file criminal charges against this company? After this review, I am contacting the Federal Trade Commission and will file a complaint against them. They need to be prosecuted. I will also contact the FBI and report them as well. Of course, the telephone number is disconnected. I would love to talk to someone there so I can give them an earful! They would deserve it! In addition, any outstanding checks are going to bounce now which I will be responsible to pay the overdraft charges. Furthermore, I want to press charges against them for theft for the amount stolen and for any additional charges I will incur because of their fraudulent activity on my account. I think those of us who have been involved with their fraudulent activity should file a class action lawsuit against them for reimbursement, for all the damage they caused, mental anguish and lost work time trying to resolve these issues. THEY NEED TO HELD ACCOUNTABLE AND PAY FOR THEIR THEFT! I cannot believe the number of reviews and IT IS STILL HAPPENING! THEY NEED TO BE STOPPED AND PROSECUTED!

M. Zemlak
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

They too frequently delay my direct deposits or lose them for days. The accuse my employer of having impractical policies and ADP, our payroll service, pretty much the gold standard, or causing delays. I'm currently in a conflict with them to get full value (any value) for direct deposits made at midnight today totalling over $5100. They offer pay advances, a debit card, a new savings account. But given the agonizing hassle of getting my hard earned money deposited to my account-- which I've never had with credit unions, or Citi, or Wells Fargo, I am left with questions. FYI They are regulated by the Federal Reserve and FDIC, if you need to file a complaint.

M. Beahan
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

You guys done even deserve a good review. I got charged 75 dollars I called sand told them more then once even emailed 7 times. I call today to see why I haven't gotten my money after being told it'll be available after 3-5 days now you're telling me 4 weeks! Do not fall for them all they will do is play games. Took them less than 5 minutes to take the money but now all of a sudden it'll be 4 weeks bunch of ***!

B. Rippin
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

This company should be shut down and fined. They are thieves. I was a good customer for many months. Got a few loans, paid on time, had direct deposit, etc. Someone evidentally got into my account and changed the email and info, I logged in immediately, changed it back and changed my password. Done, no harm.
Next day, I go to get my paycheck $ from the ATM and it keeps my card. My account is locked out. I emailed them and they said "Dave can close any account at any time. Thank you."
Now they have my money for almost a month and wont send it to me. They wanted Id, utility bills, a lease... of which I sent. Now they want all pages of my lease. I'm not sending these *** 50 pages with all of my and my roomates personal info. Just send my money to the address on file from when I opened the account. They didn't ask for all of this information to open my account, loan money, take payments OR CLOSE MY ACCOUNT for no reason. They are criminal and should be shut down.
DO NOT USE THIS APP!
I wish I could give negative stars!

H. Weissnat
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Don't trust the app or plaid because my information was leaked out and it was from this app and they sent me an email saying my information was "hacked" and was sold on the dark web. Be afraid be very afraid. Custom service is practically nonexistent and is heavy ai centered

Dave replied to this review.

Dave I *** That this Bank is a scam and is, solely involved, in a huge, organized organization, The supervisor, Are Never available

I ***
That this Bank is a scam and is, solely involved, in a huge, organized organization, The supervisor, Are Never available monday_Friday, customer service, tells me every day that I call, About the resolution of The The dispute claim that I ve Filed sept,22,2021, I have called Every day Since the date I filled above, until today's date which is October 10th, I have yet, to be contacted back, by a supervisor, That customer service tells me everythime that I call during the dates I've stated above,, That the supervisor is engaged with another call, and that they will contacted. Me back in that day of every day that I've called, I Have, yet to receive a call back, or speak whit the supervisor,at all, they always seem to be busy, never time for the customer, because they live on the phone with on one so call customer, every business all every day, I need my money, they keep allowing transactions on my account , so that it will be negative, I've not had negative balance sine I've opened the account, my problems and concerns, have not been resolved, I never get a valid answer from customer service/corporate, They are stating that my dispute claim has been escalated to the corporate office/dispute team, and that I will receive a call within 24 to 48 hours, 48 hours has came 3 times since my claim, no one has called baked, none has an update on my dispute claim, th

H. Hilpert
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Heads up, they won't delete your data upon account closure and request. Per customer support... "We are unable to fulfill your request for data removal because we have a legal obligation to maintain this personal information, and therefore fall under the exemption under the Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.145" They had a massive data breach about 2 years ago and got hit with a class action lawsuit so you'd think they'd be a bit more flexible when it comes to handling customer data. Beware.

H. Purdy
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Started out fairly decent They have my schedule of paydays as there are 3 per month.. Yesterday I received a small commission 25.80 to be exact unrelated to my scheduled paydays. Rather than wait for my next payday, Dave took 25.00 leaving me 19.00 to survive on until the 13th. I guess the CEO's house payment is due so let the peasants pay it. Once this transaction is complete this ridiculous app is also.

E. Mayert
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Let me start off by saying two things: 1 - I have never heard of this company before in my entire life 2 - I have never left a review for a company before on the Complaintsboard.com until now I came here today because a charge showed up on my debit card for $236.99 from this 'Dave Inc' company and after some basic Googling, I discovered that I'm not the only one that was hit with these fraudulent transactions. How a company that I have never heard of gained access to my debit card, I do not know. What I do know is that I certainly did not make any purchases with them. How on earth is this an accredited business?

K. Ledner
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Just like all these other complaints I have been charged hundreds of dollars for loans I have not taken. Some piece of *** schmuck is siphoning money from my freaking disability checks that I get after 3 years of having multiple brain tumors, when I have 3 young mouths to feed. I am completely locked out of my *** account and none of my credentials are recognized anymore, and I have emailed you sons of *** several times over the course of several months and never got a response. So today I went and closed that bank account and filed a fraud claim to hopefully get my money back. DO NOT USE THIS GHETTO TRICK *** APP, they've will rob you, as if times aren't hard enough. *** YOU ***, I hope your *** company loses its *** and all y'all who work there get what's coming to you. Eat my

J
Dave replied to this review.

Dave As soon as I get the nightmare this app Dave caused me resolved, I'm deleting the app and never using again

As soon as I get the nightmare this app Dave caused me resolved, I'm deleting the app and never using again. It was only my second time using Dave and the first time went smoothly. The second time did not. First, after receiving my advance directly into my checking account the first time, the second time my advance went onto the Dave virtual card which really made me regret getting the advance almost immediately. Now I'll take partial blame for that because maybe I missed that in the info part about Dave. However, when I started and downloaded app, I gave all my banking and pay dates info. I mean they look directly into your account. This time they decided to collect their advance back 4 days before I was paid. I frantically tried to chat with someone from Dave to let them know I'm paid on 11th a Tuesday not the 7th. I was told "no worries " Dave won't collect until you have enough money or we see you have been paid. Well in the meantime I had a small deposit in my account of $72 on the 7th. Hardly enough to cover almost a $300 payback. Dave broke it down into 3 debits and all hit on 7th. I now have an overdrawn account and 3 overdraft fees totaling $90. So Dave has cost me about $130 so far if I count overdraft fees and their tip for messing up my account. It's not over yet. I may have something else get an overdraft fee before I get paid This is devastating to have this happen right before I go on vacation.

K. Marquardt
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Had an erroneous charge on my account on 09/26/22 for $106.99 from this Dave company. Never heard of them. I don't check my account often, so I'm glad I caught it. My bank refunded the money, but I had to order a new debit card. Pain in the ***.

S. Jones
Riverdale, US

Trash company, with idiot customer service support and managers. Had the horrible experience of speaking with *** a manager a Dave Banking who openly admitted that they are NOT a REAL Bank. Run far and fast, they can't assist with anything, but want to manage your funds. Need to go out of business!

B. Kunde
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I borrow from the Dave app all the time, biggest problem is having to relink my bank every time the money is paid back. I figure no tip, if I have to keep delinking my account. This is so far the only issue I have, but is very frustrating.

K. Adams
Homosassa, US

They will not let me delete my account Worst app ever

Is Dave legit?

Our verdict: Dave has achieved a rare feat of perfection in legitimacy, as per the rigorous analysis conducted by Complaints Board. This achievement underscores Dave's position as a benchmark of trust and quality within its industry. Users and clients of Dave can engage with its offerings, confident in the knowledge that they are dealing with a top-tier, fully legitimized company.

Dave earns 95% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Dave achives 95% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

Dave resolved 100% of 16 negative reviews, its exceptional achievement and a clear indication of the company's unwavering commitment to customer satisfaction. It would suggest that the company has invested heavily in customer service resources, training, and infrastructure, as well as developed an effective complaint resolution process that prioritizes customer concerns.

Dave has registered the domain name for dave.com for more than one year, which may indicate stability and longevity.

Dave.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Dave website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Dave.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Dave.com you are considering visiting, which is associated with Dave, is very old. Longevity often suggests that a website has consistently provided valuable content, products, or services over the years and has maintained a stable user base and a sustained online presence. This could be an indication of a very positive reputation.

Dave website is deemed to be popular and indicating that it receives a high volume of traffic. It is important to be cautious when using a highly trafficked website, as it may be a target for cybercriminals looking to exploit vulnerabilities or steal personal information.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Dave. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
Dave replied to this review.

Dave i too have had a problem with Dave

i too have had a problem with Dave. except i am now 13,000 in the hole from them from my bank . if you search them they play off as a small loan company. once you join and get a debit card, it says more. it said i had a daily spending limit of 5000 , well i tried it to help consolidate my bills and only have 1 bill to pay. so within a span of like a week, i transferred a 5000,and 2 for 4,000. well once i went into my bank and transferred the money, it went through every time. and showed in my bank account as there and i was able to spend it. i have had many people look at it all and every one of them said the same thing. what company lets you transfer money if it is not available or offer such things if this is not what they offer. and then when i contacted them they claimed they had no record of my transaction. however my bank contacted me and told me they had taken every transaction back all 3 and now i am responsible for that money to replace it. so i told my bank and they said it was pending again what company lets you spend money that had not cleared. however i have screen shots of everything and it said it had cleared. so now i am trying to fix their screw up and of course they wont be made help me or anything to fix something that they did not make clear and their screw up. SO PLEASE DO NOT USE OR TRUST THIS COMPANY! the only reason it has a star is because it said i had to in order to post this which there were negative starts they get the most available.

T. Erdman
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I closed my account due to unnecessary fees. Dave neglected to send me my balance and after numerous calls and emails a check was issued after a month. A merchant then issued a refund to the closed card and instead of Dave rejecting the refund and sending it back to the merchant they are holding on to the funds. I was reissued a new card to access the funds and once I received the card after several emails and calls was told I cant activate the new card due to fraud. I was also told to send a copy of my id and bank statement. Clearly Dave is incapable of handling Monetary transactions and are not following applicable laws. A class action suit is defiantly in the future. dave.com is a joke and no help what so ever!

A. Schneider
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Dave is the worst bank to associate with. They will rob you blind

E. Adams
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I use to use Dave all the time then my bank had to reconnect and this new extra cash feature is horrible. I borrowed 125 last week paid it back early now they say I can't get an advance I have been using Dave for years and now this NEVER NEVER again. They really need to go back to the old Daves where they actually helped people with advances...

A. Dach
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I use to be very pleased with Dave. Lately, (3 months or so), it has changed. The information is wrong or outdated. It says I missed a payment back in September when I didn't. For two months it has had an x instead a check mark yet it says o have a positive account. I use to get a response from a person not generic responses. I'm very disappointed that it has become so unreliable.

Dave replied to this review.

Dave My Dave account was hacked, they transferred money from my bank into the Dave app

My Dave account was hacked, they transferred money from my bank into the Dave app. I did not even know this feature was possible. They also withdrew $100 from Dave and put that into another account and had a Dave banking card being sent to them, with access to transfer more funds from my bank.

I called and messaged customer support Thursday. I was told I would have to wait 3 business days. UNACCEPTABLE, given a banking card was on the way to them. I had to go on the app and figure out how to try and cancel it. I could only report it stolen and I received a notification that another card was being sent to replace the stolen one. So that was no help. I tweeted DaveBanking Friday, they put me in touch with someone who said she would look into it. I emailed back several times. I received no response until today (below.) I have no idea how much was spent, if I'm getting my full amount that was stolen... Nothing. To add insult to injury. They email me as if I did something wrong. This is laughable. Worst money management app out there.

"Hi ***,

Unfortunately, Dave had to close your spending account and ended your Dave membership due to one or more recent activities that violated the Terms of Use, which you can read by clicking the links below:

The remaining funds on the account will be mailed to you via check. You will receive the refund check 3 weeks from this notification to your mailing address on file.

We're unable to provide further information nor are we able to provide further services.

Dave's friend, Karla "

W
Dave replied to this review.

Dave Dave is a scam period!

Dave is a scam period! I was looking for a decent cash advance for the July 4th weekend since I wasn't getting paid until the Friday after. I found Dave and a few others. Dave only allowed me *** and I signed up for express delivery. Dave charged me *** for a tip and *** and some change for the Express delivery. Why did I have to email over 10 times to find out where the money was during the 4th weekend? I didn't receive the measly *** until Monday after. Now, yesterday on 7/8 for some reason, I was charged *** for a Membership that I didn't sign up for. I tried to end it, but the prompt only lead me to the stupid bear chat that kept giving me the run around. I finally called with using their fake Credit Card number to get in touch with a person. I spoke to one mexican female who told me that the enrolled me into their membership until I paid them their *** back. I read that membership and advances are not together and I didn't sign up for their stupid thieving *** a month BS mess. I told her I want to speak with her supervisor she asked me to hold for a moment, I waited until they found a fake supervisor to reiterate the same lie. The mexican guy "***" told me the same thing. I asked *** to send this policy in Writing several times and he said he had to hang up. These rats are thieves on behalf of Israel! I just saw a major commercial on TV showing Dave Advancing *** to some couple! Dave Needs to be put out to pasture and destroyed. I need to take a trip to LA and personally find out who these Roaches are, because they have funds to advertise on TV Nationwide during a Sport event, they are a Major company hiding behind something!

Dave replied to this review.

Dave I was charged $1 a month for 5 months but had I claimed fraud I would have no access to my account which seemed worse than the $1 fee I was

I was charged $1 a month for 5 months but had I claimed fraud I would have no access to my account which seemed worse than the $1 fee I was charged even though I uploaded the app and never used it. Upon using the app I asked about the fee of $1 to a virtual bot who had a cookie cutter reply > they dont ask for tips they charge %5 and only offer $100. so you repay 4.95 even if the advance was for 1 day. The loan is suppose tp be for payday however the 2nd advance I took was deducted from a deposit made that was needed for somethign which is why it was deposited. This is when I noticed after additional email sent that I am due for an advance my account looks like it might be overdrawn etc. that they are trolling my account every dingle day monitoring it without my permission. So they access my banking information when they want monitor it daily and I never authorized that I didnt authorize most of the things they did except the 2 advances and the one wasn't sue until payday but the took my money when I made a deposit. ive since deleted the app and told the virtual bot since you'll never get a human so advertising human to human is [censored] its human to bot. I advised the bot to cancel my account to never access my account which is now disabled for fraud once I reported it to my bank and not email me again or ill sue did it listen absolutely not but if I am able to file a class action I am about to investigate this is high on my list for fraud alerts since anyone can access their data whose accessing it I dont know but they are accessing my info and I didnt say they could . I think there business model is a lie and everything they claim is fake and false advertisement.

Dave replied to this review.

Dave Dave used to be one of my favorite apps to deal with that is until I opened up a bank account and took advantage of their direct deposit

Dave used to be one of my favorite apps to deal with that is until I opened up a bank account and took advantage of their direct deposit. Everything was going great however I was paid on a Wednesday and by Thursday morning my bank account was 0. My account had been hacked overnight with 15 pages of fraudulent charges ranging from $5 to $30. They did this using the virtual card which to my understanding is used for online purchases to protect you from this very thing. The grand total of money stolen was $868. The customer service rep that answered the phone was reading from a script and you can tell because before she started each sentence she said "I understand but". When asked to speak to a supervisor all they did is hand the phone off to a co-worker beside them and claim to be a supervisor because they have no more authority than the person that just finished talking to you. A supervisor told me that she would have a manager call me within 2 hours. Instead of calling me the manager sent an email stating the same thing that a supervisor had said in the previous call. The reason for me telling you all this is because currently my account is still being investigated by their dispute team and could take up to 10 days if not longer. Do not do business with Dave. They care nothing about the hardships that their customers are going through and don't even respect you enough to give you a phone call. Because no one would help me from Dave, I had to cancel my son's birthday party over the weekend because I just didn't have the money. To this very second I have yet to receive a phone call from a manager that works for Dave. If you do business with this company good luck they don't respect you enough to even call you.

Dave replied to this review.

Dave I signed up for an account with Dave in November, and also downloaded the app

I signed up for an account with Dave in November, and also downloaded the app. I was told I would be receiving a card around January. I never received the card to my knowledge. Once I did not receive the card I decided I had no use in services from this company. I then deleted the app from my phone, and thought very little about since I knew I never activated a card through the company. I assumed since I had no active card with the company then I basically had a null in void account. So 2 years has gone by and now I notice several $1 charges by Dave on one of my bank accounts. Luckily it is not an account I use that often or keep very much funds in so Dave was not able to charge it very much. My main concern has been that I've been trying to cancel and close my Dave account for weeks now and have not been able to do so. Their customer support is a joke, and the cancellation loop is the most ridiculous thing I've ever encountered on an app. I've contacted them via email several times with no resolve. As soon as their live phone support opens I'll be calling them, but based on many of these post from others I expect a total hassle and run around. I'm so very glad I never received or activated a card from this company. I'm not even sure if it is worth trying to fight to get the money back they took me $1 at a time for an account I never even used or and never even received a card for. All I want is to cancel this account so it will not continue. There is absolutely no excuse for why cancel an account should be this difficult, if not impossible, for soooo many people. Absolutely absurd that this company is still operating in this way, or allowed to operate at all after many of the things I've read recently.

Dave replied to this review.

Dave Awful! No customer service that can actually do anything more than what you can do yourself online, how is it when you're trying to pay back the

Awful! No customer service that can actually do anything more than what you can do yourself online, how is it when you're trying to pay back the advance they can't even help you, when you try to call customer service it's a joke I'm trying to pay them back the money I borrowed and they can't even help they want to withdraw it from two different other accounts that I don't have money in instead of my actual dave account that has the money in it and then they tell me after sitting on hold with customer service that they can't help me I just have to wait for it to run it through in 24 hrs again through the bank accounts that don't have any money before it will even consider running it through my Dave account what sense does that make whatsoever don't use this Bank. They won't even remove my other two accounts until the settlements paid back but I can't pay it back because they won't take it out of my Dave account. customer service told me to transfer the money to the accounts I don't even use anymore (which would take 5 days to transfer) just so it will pay the settlement while my money is still in the dave bank account. And I can't remove the other two accounts linked to m dave account until the settlement is payed but can't pay it cause it won't take it out of my dave account Just dumb makes no sense I've been having been using Dave for over 3 years now and I loved it and would recommend to others but not any longer ever since this last update on how advances are now settlement has ruined your business and they will just continue to loss more due to their ignorance. After all this is cleared ill be closing my account and speaking to everyone I know who I work with at Amazon and recommend to them also about my experience with dave and tell them they should also close their account due to ignorance they will have to go through.

Dave This company is awful and the CS Reps are awful

This company is awful and the CS Reps are awful. I Do not recommend, I opened a dave account a couple weeks ago and never used it and I just found out they had my employer sending 20% of my paycheck to my "Dave" account. I never authorized this. Neither did my employer. When trying to handle my issue with sending MY money to MY personal bank account it didn't even show the full funds deposited to Dave by my employer. I had to wait in a queue forever multiple times (8) just to have each rep not know what type their copy and paste responses and if you didn't respond in a split second (while I was typing) they would end the conversation just so you can go back in the queue and go through all of that again. Finally found a phone number to contact a live rep over the phone first rep was so vague and hung up on me and I called again and luckily got a well trained rep that DID THIER JOB. I work for a financial online lender in customer support and I've never treated any customers like this. I was friendly communicated clearly I've solved every issue a customer has had and I always offer of there's anything else I can help with and I speak clearly and show EMPATHY. No reps besides the last one I spoke to portrayed any of that. Once I receive all of MY money that was in my Dave bank account I will close this Dave account. If I could give no stars I would this company is horrible and it's a great representation of the CEO or whoever is "The Boss" and Dave looking at the past reviews on here don't bother responding to me with another script of yours. Of how you apologize and are working hard to get my issue to resolve, you've all shown you will not do anything, so don't try to leave a statement to make yourself look like you care about customers it's all for show for other reviews. Anyone reading this DO NOTTTT use Dave. I've never left a bad review in my life but this? This is me necessary.

Dave replied to this review.

Dave I would put zero as well

I would put zero as well. I opened my account a couple of eeeks ago put a good bit of money in it. I used my debit card so many times it's unreal so it's not like I'm not a good customer. Well I went on vacation so I put 5000 in what they call a "goal" account when I read all the fine print and on the page that clearly stats my money will be available in seconds to transfer to or back but there's a 10 time limit. Well after returning I find the car of my dreams I'm my price range which is in heats of and I go to get my money off and it say you can only transfer to your Dave spending from your goals a max of 200 a month...floored and shocked I think that will take years! These are labeled emergency fund. Vacation... so I call they say it's because I'm a new member I speak with 5 difrdent people that tell me nothing they can do the quickest way is to transfer to my external bank. Well that takes 5 days and the cat would not still be there. After asking for a supervisor over and over and being hung up on I have it recorded that there are no supervisors available but they will call me back. After o watch my dream car drive away I finally decide to transfer out is my quickest way it's beeen 48 hrs and NO SUPERIOR WILL SPEAK WITH ME ! So I do my research and find where it did say that the 200 to Dave spending was the max but 5000 to external even for new members well they then decide to tell me that no I can't transfer it out.. after it's already allowed me to do it. It was pending a hold Dave put on it 17 hours after sent to my bank. I have recordings screens shots of employees telling me to transfer it to my external over and over as well as them saying a supervisor is going to over ride it. After 13 tickets for a superviycall back I get an email saying sorry you can't have your money sorry. Well I call and there is no where stating I can't close my account and transfer all funds unless I'm negative. I am not! I want what's mine and no one will speak to me

Dave This Dave app hasn't worked for me since day 1

This Dave app hasn't worked for me since day 1. It never allowed me to connect my bank even after confirming the amount deposited it still says not eligible. But also the app will not let you delete your cards on file! It's petty to have information on customers, personal information but us the customers are not allowed to control our own profile and information. The fact that you can start-up your own membership but not have the authority to cancel your own membership is a scam in itself because they request sensitive information for your cancelation request such as your full name, date of birth, last 4 of SSN, and mailing address. (This information they should have already) After giving them the information they say "being reviewed by our Member Success Department. You will get notified via email if we need more information or with a final resolution." This was on Oct 8th when I first reached out and got this response. Since then there have been no follow up efforts from Dave to help with a resolution, even after recontacting them thru email. As for their "live chat" it's not really a live chat when your dealing with automated computer response and "live emails" you only get contacted back ONLY UNTIL after you gave them your personal information after that Dave personnel fail to reply back. I believe they just want to extend the time of cancelation so they keep accruing more monthly membership dollars from everyone their scamming. Again, the first time I reached out(Oct. 8th 2022) they replied back rather quickly, after giving them the information I waited for their personnel to review the matter at hand but they have not replied with resolution, so I send another cancelation request and I got no response back, and again just before posting this complaint I sent them another cancelation request. They are not trying on their end or even communicating, they just want everyone's info and monthly membership payments with no option to control your own account! Scam

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Dave I linked up my direct deposit with Dave they haven't sent me my pay card which is supposedly due on the 13th it's the 7th right now

I linked up my direct deposit with Dave they haven't sent me my pay card which is supposedly due on the 13th it's the 7th right now. They said they're waiting for a pending micro payment to make sure that it's quote secure. My bank does not see a pending micro payment and apparently neither does day but when I look at the app it says micropayment pending and it can take up to three business days. I've got bills to pay and stuff that stupid online card will not suffice for. I've called several times been put through the ringer a million times weighted on hold forever several different occasions. And still nothing. They've been no help and basically told me I'm going to have to wait for my card to come through and that's really putting me in a bad situation but they really don't care. There's nothing that they can do to push through the micropayment he basically told me that I need to reenter my banking information and wait another free business days and it's Friday right now. By then my card will be here we can hope and this whole process will have been useless. I do not recommend Dave to anyone this app is a scam and all they do is just take your money. I got one micro payment that went through but for some reason it seems to be almost nearly impossible for the second one to go through and no one on their end or my end seems to see the micro payment. But they have no problem linking my direct deposit and taking all of my money and keeping it hostage. This is a terrible app and I wish I had never used it this should be discontinued in abolished as a bank. These guys have my entire paycheck and I was barely able to link it up through my Google pay so that I could download an app for Shell station so that I could get gas because Chevron with techron uses venmo and they will not transfer funds from my Dave account to venmo. They're online card is useless and you can hardly use it for anything. I was lucky enough to get it to link to my Google pay I feel bad for people that use apple because I don't know what they're going to do.

X
Dave replied to this review.

Dave I first created an account in the beginning of this year 2021 and I was sent a debit card m

I first created an account in the beginning of this year 2021 and I was sent a debit card m. I was having issues with getting direct deposit going. I lmk eventually (after multiple emails because there is no live human to speak to) demanded they delete any information and account. After they deleted my account i thought to myself "maybe I should give it another try" I tried reopening an account. No luck I keep getting the message that I had to wait a certain amount of time so I was blocked access. Fast forward 1st week of June X-XXXX. I got the app plugged in my information, linked my bank account and got a$10 advance that they charge me 2.49 interest for a 7 day loan. BTW CHIME BANKING DOESN'T charge you nothing. I try to get another debit card. It wants me to verify my social security number and address. I do and I get an error message that the system can't verify my identity. Which is interesting because they didn't ask for ID when I (re) created an account. So for almost 14 days I email their customer support and I use that term very very loosely and I get no response no response no response. I left a comment on one of the Dave apps Facebook page and they replied and said that you know we're sorry blah blah blah and that somebody would get in touch with me this went on for three days. As long as my comments or feedback was public I got a response. I think they blocked me from commenting on their Facebook page. Bottom line even after I offered to send my Drivers License to prove who I was (even though I just had an account 3 months ago ) no response. There's a phone number but you have a debit card to proceed in the phone menu. So too bad so sad. I took into consideration it's new company blah blah blah.
However I work too hard for my money to be given such a headache and hassle to try to just simply open in the count to give them my money to be treated so disgustingly horrible. If you have a business that relies on customers you have to have better standards. I think this DAVE banking is a scam or something isn't right. Shame on you Dave. But I'm happy my money never did end up there that way they operate I probably would never see it again

Z

Dave I have used Dave for awhile

I have used Dave for awhile. Initially I had Bank of America linked to it, and everything has worked perfectly for a couple years now. My income was verified, setup, good to go, and I was able to take advances with no issue whatsoever. I decided to take the plunge and open a Dave Banking Account, seeing all their cool features like credit building, early paychecks, and 200 dollar advances. When setting it up the Dave app tells you that you need to verify your income for a couple months, and setup direct deposits, etc. All of which I had done. A couple days ago, I went to take an advance and the app told me that my income had changed and was asking me if I had a new employer, which I didn't, and my income hadn't changed at all. I contacted support, and after almost a week of emailing cat and mouse, my account is more messed up than it was before I contacted them. Now, the app is telling me I need to verify my 1000 dollars of deposits a month again, and the app is only letting me take 15 dollars because of it. Everytime I've contacted support they just copy/paste responses and tell me that the advances can change based on a variety of factors. Which is complete bs, because the only reason I'm not able to take a larger advance is because now my account is saying it's not fully setup and verified. Something the customer service representatives did, not me. So now my account is messed up, I can't contact anyone, there's no phone number to call, and the reps I have talked to have just messed up my account further and just copy/paste responses without actually addressing the issue of why I'm reaching out. The app won't even verify I have direct deposit setup (I do, both from the VA and SSI), and the reps I've spoken to won't even address that aspect whatsoever. Again, they just copy/paste responses. This is the absolute WORST customer service for a bank I have ever received. I am using you as a bank for my money, and I can't even talk to anyone about your app, my bank account, or anything without going through really bad email or chat support with agents that don't address the issue, or simply don't want to do their jobs so they tell you some copied response from their notes. I even asked for a manager and the rep told me they would submit my complaints higher and there was nothing they could do. How does a bank not have proper customer service for their customers? They want people to trust them with their money but they can't even properly handle their accounts for them on the app they tell people to use in order to handle their money. This is a joke, and I will be getting a new bank account elsewhere, again. I should have just stayed with Bank of America and not swapped over to Dave. That was a mistake. Don't be lured in with all their "perks" because their perks are a case by case basis it looks like, and if you try to reach out and get anything done, it will take a week, or longer for them to even begin to look at anything. Terrible customer service. Do not recommend them at all.

Dave My Dave acct was compromised over and over again

My Dave acct was compromised over and over again. I reached out to Dave to ask about charges I did not recognize and while waiting for resolution the bad actor actually *** my *** Opened a *** of *** using my money to fund whatever they chose. I logged in *** to see a balance of $*** but had a balance of $12with an advance payment due next day. In a panic I contacted customer service and started a new dispute. While *** I became aware Dave had been allowing them to take cash advances out in my acct *** and I was paying the money back without *** I was not aware this was happening and not one time was identity verification done. I have just finished waiting almost 56 days to be told no errors were found and my account will remain closed without *** My business was destroyed by the tornadoes in western *** and I could not even attempt to get disaster recovery assistance because I had no bank acct. I emailed same support agent over 7 times in last 3 *** and could never get information nor did I receive explanation of the investigation or if an investigation was even done just a email saying my claim is *** Dave allowed my account to be connected to over 16 third party accounts and never verified the identity of person *** that many accounts. Should have raised a red flag but never was notified of any suspicious activity or that my bank account was being connected to so many other parties through Plaid. Another red flag was the *** were all made from the virtual card connected to my account I was not even aware of. I am prepared to fight this company and their shady practices. Dave offered me a *** subscription to *** including identity *** insurance then *** to *** me they *** to *** so *** is refusing to help with my id theft of the $*** it has cost me thus far. How does a company get away with disregarded financial regulation

M. Ebert
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I called the corporation due to me being a consumer there was a incorrect deposit into the wrong account which causes an inconvenient, which I contact Dave customer service, and spoke to a representative, which did not want me to speak to a supervisor. As I was told that they could not transfer me to a supervisor because they need a reason and the reason I wanted to speak to a supervisor was that the representative could not help me with the problem due to the fact that they couldn't transfer the funds over to my bank account or transfer it over to with a debit deposit Which it was a inconvenience spoke to the supervisor and the supervisor said the same thing which I told him due to the fact that I couldn't use the virtual debit card that's on the Dave app they can keep their funds and I want the corporation to retrieve their funds back and cancel out my account. and I no longer wanted to do business with them I asked to speak to his manager he said I could not. He does not have any contact with them. They don't have any managers only supervisors so I asked to speak to his he doesn't have one. His name is *** supervisors at Dave I askwas the call record it He told me that call was not. So I ask why not it says the calls are being recorded because I wanted his supervisor or manager to hear the things it was me and spoken to me I'm contacting because I know that I no longer wants to do business with the corporation due to the inconvenience and violating my consumer rights due to me, having no use for the money because of the error of deposit into the wrong account and it seems like the corporation does not want to comply

M. Witting
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I got locked out of my account when the Dave app failed to send me password recovery emails. I cannot access my account on my new phone now and they have access to my personal banking with another bank. I cannot see how much they will be taking from my account and I can't even get the option to close my Dave account since they locked me out. They said they can't do anything and it'll be 5 business days before I hear anything new. That's 5 days without access to my Dave account and 5 days where they can do whatever they want with my personal bank account that's attached to them. There is no transparency as to why there's an issue with their emails and why verifications and password resets aren't coming through. Dave refused to change due date until they figure out what's going on and why I was locked out.

G. Kuhn
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

So I used the dave cash advance to the dave madtercard/debit card first time it worked perfectly. The second time I did the cash advance at night for the next day, somebody immediately took 39.90 for some company in Connecticut that I never heard of. Filed a dispute, couple months later they say our investigation showed nothing we're keeping your 40 bucks. Some company that monitors credit which you can get for free, then when I tryvto sign in to this acvount I supposedly signed up for they dont even recognize my e mail address some investigation. DO NOT LET THEM PUT MONEY ON THEIR CARD.. always send it to your bank account. They will rip you off, what exactly are you gonna do about it?

M. Homenick
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I had hundreds of dollars in unauthorized charges, the bank is not working with me to reclaim my money. I have called multiple times, and left the company multiple emails that have gone unresponsive. I am owed almost $1,000 in fraudulent charges. I need them to work with me to obtain my funds back so I am able to pay my bills and survive. Included in photo is fraudulent charges from tik tok. I also have charges from Amazon for a laptop which charged over $1200.

Dave I took out a smaller advance this time for *** on 9/23

I took out a smaller advance this time for *** on 9/23. Agreement to pay back *** On 9/26, I paid my agreement which was on time. When I paid it, their system had some kind of error message said "Dave hit an issue settling for *** Tap settle now again" However, I got an immediate notifications when my card is used. I went back in some hours later hoping maybe it was a glitch since my bank cleared the payment and it actually posted and wasn't pending. Went back in to Dave account and it was still asking me to settle my advance. I emailed that same day, the 26th, including attachments of their error message, my notification and my posted payment but the response I got a little while after was a long drawn out email about what to do if I hadn't RECEIVED my advance yet! My email was very clear and detailed WITH screenshots attached. I responded back, again attaching screenshots.Didn't hear from anyone for days.I emailed again on Sept 29 asking why no one responding to me.Guess what I get back...yep,you guessed it,that long email about what to do if I haven't received my advance yet. I responded asking why I keep getting the same auto message and no one is addressing my concern.I finally get a response today and This is what I get back. I'm so upset right now: Oct 2, 2022, *** PM EDT Hi *** Thank you for reaching out to Dave for assistance. We appreciate your patience in waiting for a response. I understand how confusing payments can be. No worries. I'll be glad to sort this out for you. It looks like your previous payment made on *** towards the advance opened on *** was not successful and returned by your bank on ((09/26/2022). This means that Dave did not get paid back on the due date *** and the balance is still owed at this time Our suggestion is to reach out to your bank directly to request more details.Please let me know if there is anything else that I can do. Dave's friend, *** This is NOT my banks issue nor mine.

E. Wolf
Richmond, US

I was incarcerated at the time the transactions happened and I have no one permission to use my account and my money was stole close to *** I gave them *** proof as to who stole it and proof as to me wing *** up when it happened. They are not giving my money back to me.

U
U
U. Gibson
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I tried to cancel their app but am unable to do so in the app, it says to contact them for cancellation which I did and then they wanted all my personal info like social, date of birth etc just to cancel an app! This is unsafe for the client to be providing personal info like that just for an app! I asked for them to escalate for cancellation and was ignored so finally I reluctantly sent them the personal info they wanted and they are dragging their feet to cancel! I want everything with them cancelled asap! And their process needs to change, clients should be able to cancel in app and shouldn't have to disclose social security number!

M. Stracke
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

My account stopped working out of nowhere. Despite sending documented proof of an existing account in consistent and healthy working order, requesting for a phone call for assistance, requesting for a supervisor, requesting for live help from a human and repeated opportunity and escalation for Dave to resolve the issue or ANY kind of actual explanation, they keep sending me canned responses stating I cannot open an account - I never asked to open one. I already have one. They have all of my private banking and *** information and it is extremely concerning how *** and arbitrarily they play their customers' accounts. I've explained what I need help with over and over and they refuse to address or resolve the issue.

K. Casper
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I had a Dave account for quite some months which required me to add all my other banking and personal information in order to open my account which was all connected some how and all seemed fine and randomly out of no where Dave decided to just close my account for weeks I tried contacting them as they have the worst customer service possible and after speaking with a supervisor whom also did a very poor job was told terms and agreement say that they can just close someone's account without any explanation which is totally the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard in life then said that my DOB and Address couldn't be verified which is also ridiculous as mentioned above all my other bank accounts and information has the same information and can be confirmed so my issue was why allow me to open account, have my account for months then randomly decide to close it without even asking for some sort of verification to confirm my DOB and address which most companies will do and I would have kindly provided I do not recommend anyone to do any sort of business with Dave very unprofessional poor customer service and policy makes absolutely no sense and should not be allowed to do to any one doing business with them I will be having my attorney look into this matter as well.

J
Dave has left an official reply on this complaint.

Dave I made a purchase on July 23 with Amazon prime and I purchased a stroller for my niece the stroller was popular so it was going to arrive three

I made a purchase on July 23 with Amazon prime and I purchased a stroller for my niece the stroller was popular so it was going to arrive three days after the baby shower. At the shower someone else got the stroller for her so I called and canceled the stroller Amazon refunded the money to Dave but it didn't appear in my account the stroller was for *** dollars. I called and spoke to the representative and they advised it can take up to ten days so I said np 10 days they take the payment not give it. 8/7 a purchase to Walmart for an air conditioner and some house items to be delivered to my home. I work 16 hr days so it's convenient. My card was charged *** showed as pending. I called Walmart and they said that once it cleared the *** dollars would go back on my card. On Aug 15th I see that *** was on my transactions for Walmart but the *** dollars was not posted in my account so I called Walmart they informed me they released the funds so I called Dave for the third time of them telling me that I have to wait ten days and it will be in the account. The 4th representative I got on the phone made the mistake and sent me a email showing that not only that money but two upcoming pending charges where released to them and still have not been posted into my account. I asked the rep why have the funds not been released when Walmart sent the money she went to tell me my account was negative I assured her that it wasn't and went over my transaction with her and she tried giving me bobas charges that I couldn't see so I asked her to send them via email the call was termed. I called back and spoke to another representative we subtract every transaction to see that my account should have *** not including the *** plus the *** that never got credited and that would total *** dollars but my account is sitting at *** he said he couldn't understand then he went to say I can email this to you I want my money not an email. I asked to speak to a supervisor the call was ended.

N. Luettgen
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Dave is not providing customer service they are not responding to emails with questions regarding advances they say their chat is live but it is not

M. Schmeler
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I downloaded the *** loan app and applied for a loan. I was turned down and refused. So, I uninstalled the app. However, *** is now stealing $1 payments from my checking account. It is impossible to get anyone on the phone.

D. Harris
, US

My name is *** and thanks to Dave I have lost about everything I had. Dave let unauthorized companies take money from my account,I filed a dispute and they gave me my money back for it supposedly,then turned around and charged me for the money back on the dispute that they gave me and also charged me for giving me the money that was mine anyway I am really concerned about my money back this is so very wrong,and I would like to have my money back they took my whole *** check for one month,caused me to lose a lot,and almost my home .so please will some one help me ...get my money back out of these rip offs my phone number is XXXXXXXXXX please call me and help me..they will not send me the form that I need to fill out to dispute their decision so what am I supposed to do. I was charged 15 times in one day for credit adjustment..

B. Beahan
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I tried signing up with the *** banking and *** app. I've never used this service before yet I'm not being told why they won't allow me to open an account. It's such a coincidence because I have an open issue with*** regarding another similar *** app called ***. I think they are affiliated. Because*** won't let me borrow anything from them either. However *** Banking They wrote me back this statement saying: Hi ***, I understand that you need in getting your advance. Here's what I found out. Dave is required to verify the identity of every member and during the onboarding, the verification process was unsuccessful. Since your information could not be verified, you won't be able to open an account. This isn't ideal, but can happen for a number of reasons, especially if you have recently moved or if you don't have a lot of other accounts in your name. This is the only information we can provide regarding this decision and our team is unable to accept any additional documentation. Thanks for contacting *** friend, *** So from this information I gather I feel this isn't good business and would like to know what reason are they not allowing me to use their services. Thank you

Dave I cant believe this *** of a company is *** They should be shut down

I cant believe this *** of a company is *** They should be shut down. I got a *** advance from Dave in late July. They gave the option of dispensing the amount into my personal checking account within 3 days OR dispensing the money INSTANTLY into a "DAVES ACCOUNT" for a fee of *** I chose the *** account to get the money express. So I got the 50 dollar advance plus the *** fee and I also gave a 1 dollar tip. The total was 54.99. Now read very carefully what I just said. THE MONEY WAS NEVER DISPENSED INTO MY PERSONAL CHECKING ACCOUNT. Now, I had used most of the advance. All except *** cents, mainly because THE TRANSACTION WOULDN'T GO THROUGH WITH THE ONLINE DEBIT CARD DAVE'S PROVIDED. So given that I didn't use the entire *** the total that should've been deducted from my PERSONAL CHECKING ACCOUNT would be 53.16, otherwise that would be THEFT. Would it not? So the day came for repayment, they deducted an entire *** from my personal checking account. They stole from me. IT WAS NEVER DEPOSITED INTO MY CHECKING ACCOUNT. IT WAS DEPOSITED INTO THEIR DAVE'S ACCOUNT. So I contact them about this, they respond 5 days later telling me that it wouldn't matter if I didn't use the entire advance, they would still deduct the total advance from my personal checking meaning if I had only used 40 dollars of the 50 dollar advance, they would still taken the 54.99 from my personal checking. They would have taken 10 dollars of my money regardless. To top it off they have taken random 1 dollars amounts out of my account FOR NO REASON, UNAUTHORIZED since I reported them to my bank for their fraudulent practices. They also locked me out of the *** account. I've been back and forth asking for them to deduct the correct amount *** and get the same answer. That my advance had been deposited into my account and that I used full advance. A *** Correct the *** Stop taking money from my account. Close the *** account. I'll pay

T. Hessel
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I transferred 150.00 over to the Dave card they took 300.00 instead they gave me 150.00 but refuse to give the back the money they were not authorized to take I have called everyday for 11 days they keep telling me 3 to 5 business days and it was been 11 they overdrafted my account by taking the money without my permission and now refuse to return it. It shows on their end as well reflects in my bank account they it was taken.

M. Little
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have not done Business with Dave Inc, and I have noticed that over the past week 130.99 has been withdrawn from my back account. I an working with my Bank to Disput these fraudulent charges.

D. Yost
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I've been receiving 500 dollars and paying it back for several months and now they decide to lower my advance from 250 to 200 in a day..how is this legal?! I needed the money to help pay bills..I ended up calling today and the guy said he would try to fix my account and to check back in 5 hours but that's not good enough if I've been paying the money and borrowing it and it's not like I owe them anything right now how can they lower my advance without any explanation!?

M. Jones
East Wenatchee, US

I downloaded the Dave app to attempt to get a payday advance. It only allowed me five dollars which I have been unable to access in anyway. When I asked them to close my account they refused and told me they won't close it until I pay $7.49. I don't understand why I have to pay for money I have no way to use. All I want is for them to close my account. I have not and cannot access the money so I will not pay for money I can't have. I feel like this is illegal.

Dave Customer Reviews Overview

Dave (dave.com) has received generally positive reviews from users. Many people have praised its budgeting features, which help users make informed decisions about their spending. Users appreciate the app's ability to track expenses and provide real-time notifications when users are about to go over budget.

One of the most significant benefits of the app is its ability to offer no-interest loans to users. Many people have noted that this feature can be incredibly helpful in case of emergencies or unexpected expenses.

Another perk of the app is its ability to connect with other financial accounts, allowing users to have a broader view of their finances. Dave also stands out due to its lack of hidden fees, which has received plenty of positive reviews.

However, some users have expressed frustration with the app's customer service. Some people have experienced long wait times when attempting to contact customer support.

Overall, Dave appears to be an excellent budgeting app that can provide significant benefits to users who want to keep track of their expenses. Its ability to offer no-interest loans and connect with other financial accounts make it stand apart from other budgeting apps, and its lack of hidden fees has earned praise from many users.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Dave contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Dave?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Dave Customer Service. Initial Dave complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Dave above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Dave. Discuss the issues you have had with Dave and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.