Dairy Queenincorrect order unwillingness to correct

C

I took my family to the local Dairy Queen here in town (North Marine Blvd.) on May 6, 2011. We have eaten here many times with no problems. On this date this was not the case.
We placed our orders. I ordered a large blizzard with peanuts. They prepared our blizzards and my family sat down to eat. After a couple bites I couldn’t find any peanuts so I went up to the counter to complain. The lady that took my order said yes he ordered peanuts and the lady that filled the order apologized and said they’d make me another. Then the manager on duty came out and said that they could not make me another one and then said they could but she’d have to charge me for it. Then she said they couldn’t add the peanuts due to sanitary reasons (I understand that) and that she could only give me the peanuts on the side). I explained that was not how I wanted my blizzard and it was not the way I ordered it and that I wanted a new blizzard or my money back. She again stated I’d have to pay for it. So I then asked for my money back. She informed me she could not do that either. I left my blizzard on the counter and told everyone present that we would not be back.

I am extremely unhappy about the entire ordeal. I understand and accept that people make mistakes. But I paid for what I wanted and did not receive it. It was the responsibility of the store to make it right. This manager apparently doesn’t have any regard for her customers satisfaction. At the very least I should have been given a refund of my order, my families blizzards were fine. However, I left it on the counter for them to do away with.

No longer will my family and I eat at this Dairy Queen and I'd advise you do do the same!

• Le
    Leslie04 Apr 26, 2012

You're the one who walked away without a blizzard. With or without nuts, that's on you! :P

• Ip
    IPhone45 Jun 19, 2011

Why did he not do it himself because more than likely he is lazy and rude. So while the staff there did what they could to make your order better by giving you the nuts but you still had to be complicated. They can not remix ice-cream you have eaten out of that is just gross. Don't be so rude next time when the rest of your order was fine you acted like an idiot to everyone else in the store for leaving all those cups on the counter for them to deal with. They do not get paid to clean up after you. And people wonder what is wrong with America.