Craftsman Snowthrower 24788770snowblower repair

J

This winter I went to Sears (Lindenhurst) to replace a spark plug for the above mentioned snow thrower. I gave the assistant manager the model number and type, however, upon going home and replacing the part, my machine would not work properly. A neighbor who heard the malfunction suggested that the wrong spark plug was provided, so I returned to Sears to explain the problem only to find out from another salesperson that I had been given the wrong spark plug. I purchased the correct spark plug, but to no avail because the machine was already damaged by the incorrect part. I recently sent my snowblower for repair and was told there were "no parts available" to correct the engine failure. Even if there were available parts, the cost would "exceed the value of the machine". My snow thrower was given back with no work done and an offer of $30 off a snow thrower up to $850. Two weeks later, a friend who took the engine apart informed me that the cam shaft had been broken in 2 places due to the incorrect spark plug. He has already gone online and found the replacement part, which cost less than $50. I am extemely unhappy with the initial negligence of the person who sold me the wrong spark plug, as well as the the obviously unskilled or hasty assessment of the current engine failure. This is completely unacceptable for a company built on the reputation of customer service and standing behind its brands. I called the 1800 number on my work order to discuss my concerns with a person in charge, but was told they only handle household appliances (not snow throwers). Before calling another number and being placed on hold, I hope this gets me in touch with the proper person. Thank you. Jaime Alford

• SearsCare Apr 25, 2011

Dear Jaime Alford,

I saw your comment here and I wanted to reach out and apologize for any inconvenience that we may have caused you. I can see that proper research was not done in ordering the correct part to make sure that we resolve the issue correctly. We would appreciate the opportunity to make things right on your behalf and further investigate this as well as resolve the issues. My name is Misty with Sears Cares and we are a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager.
    At your convenience, please contact my office via email at [email protected] so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the snow blower was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Jaime Alford) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Misty H.