Consumers Energypoor customer service with forestry division

K May 30, 2019

November 2018 forestry came out to mark trees for cutting/trimming. Shortly after a crew was out and trimmed trees. I was concerned with trees overhanging the power lines. The representative came back out and said that hardwood trees don't break so they aren't cut down. February 2019 the ice storm hit breaking the hardwood tree and ripping the power lines off as well as breaking my power pole. The line supervisor came out 2 days later and said that my house was the worst house he's seen from this storm. I explained what concerns I had and how the forestry representative told me about the hardwood concern. Line supervisor said he would take care of my problem since they were recently out cutting and it took out so much stuff. Nothing happened so I contacted the better business bureau. The next day the forestry manager came out and told me too bad so sad. What we do is what we do and you can't say anything about it. I was told ideally 10 feet around the power lines is what they aim for. I have trees 4 feet from the power lines and poles that are no concern to consumers energy. It isn't like I can drop consumers energy and go with another company. I am stuck. The forestry manager said they are throwing the dice as to a cost effectiveness to them. I am their customer and I should be treated as such. There are houses down the street from me that they cleared top to bottom 10 feet on either side of the lines. Thats all I asked for and its too much for them to do. Their crew has been out here twice and I still am unhappy. Since the ice storm I have had power loss 5 times for hours on end, it doesn't matter the weather...

I would love to have the trees cleared to minimize the chance of branches coming down on top of the lines.