Computershare — Seems like a scam
I was interested in buying stock in a public company and the company's website referred me to Computershare. I visited Computershare's site but noticed the lack of live contact ability. There was an address in Canton MA and (I think) one in RI. I started to go through the on line purchase process but then backed out as I realised I didn't know anything about this outfit. I did a Google and Yahoo search and nothing substantial came up. Also searched under Consumer reviews and only found this Complaints Board site. Asked around the office and no-one had heard of them. I saw nothing on their site, anywhere, documenting how a person's online purchase of stock with them would be documented and recorded. I emailed Computershare twice asking for someone to contact me to verify who they are and to provide some evidence of a non-Enron/Madoff/Fannie Mae profile. I have never heard a thing. Now I suspect that this outfit is tied in to DC and a bunch of corrupt politicans who are keeping them afloat because if they were truly market based they'd be more responsive and interested in new business. This one doesn't pass the sniff test and I'm staying clear of it.
More Computershare Complaints & Reviews
- Computershare Shareolder Services - Holding of share sales proceeds
- Computershare - Stole my Stocks!
- Computershare - Horrible experience
- Computershare - Stole Money
- Computershare - Stole my money!!!
- Computershare - Missing money
- Computershare - direct distribution at a cost of $0.00
- Computershare.com - After selling the shares from last 4 months they are harrasing me in sending the checqe
- Computershare - stock plan account
- Computershare - Access to my account